The Lionsgate Production of the Crossfire Series

BettyY37

I don't really know much about actresses these days.  Henry is all of our first choice, but I am not sure about Eva.  This woman doesn't seem right to me.  But who knows.  I hope the work is being done for this series.  Look at how the movie of FSOG  has been postponed until 2015.  And all those books are long out.  I wish we knew what Lionsgate was planning.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Henry but when I saw this picture hugh-jackman-128939.jpg

“Inky black hair framed a breathtaking face. His bone structure would make a sculptor weep with joy, while a firmly etched mouth, a blade of a nose, and intensely blue eyes made him savagely gorgeous.â€

Excerpt From: Sylvia Day. “Bared to You.â€

Incase you do not recognize him this is a young Hugh Jackman....the hair, the mouth, the nose and the body. I know he could use blue contacts.

But if I could only turn back time!

I love Henry but when I saw this picture hugh-jackman-128939.jpg

“Inky black hair framed a breathtaking face. His bone structure would make a sculptor weep with joy, while a firmly etched mouth, a blade of a nose, and intensely blue eyes made him savagely gorgeous.â€

Incase you do not recognize him this is a young Hugh Jackman....the hair, the mouth, the nose and the body. I know he could use blue contacts.

But if I could only turn back time!

YUM  and he only improved with age :)

Thanks GiGi!

Is this the actual thread to post these though because I think I saw another thread similar to this one but I can't seem to find it. I'd hate to flood the thread with images lol

Hi GoshDarnit,

I think that all photos of HC and other good looking men are always welcome.  :)

I used to wonder...  how come Crossfire didn't get a movie of its own?  but at the same time I always felt that it's hard to take this genre into movie format because, in my opinion, 2hrs is not time enough to present all the amazing sex scenes involved AND tell the characters' story and the complex plot in detail. Tons of sex and poor plot could end up being a cheap movie. I think that's FSOG worst enemy. I feel its plot is very weak. So, when I read that Crossfire was getting a TV series I was sooo thrilled !! THAT's the way to go !! Crossfire is a story to follow and cherish for months ! ;)  Cant wait ! Congrats, Sylvia !

As for THE actor and actress to play Gideon and Eva... I really don't know !  In my mind Eva is me! :D ! and Gideon is a 35 y/o Johnathon Schaech even when he is not my kind of guy! LOL

Eva is easier to agree with this or that choice. But Gideon... that pick will be tough ! I'd love Gideon would be 35 for the movie! That would make it possible to pick among actors that have more experience and art to pull a Dark and Dangerous that I can actually buy. I don't even like Gideon to have a perfect face!  you know...  imperfect beauty pays off!  Not that I want him for Gideon, but I love Christian Bale's perfect imperfections, for instance. I hope it makes sense for you the way it does for me ;)  

Betty!! I could start having a crush on Hugh !! woah !! how old was he in that pic ?

I used to wonder...  how come Crossfire didn't get a movie of its own?  but at the same time I always felt that it's hard to take this genre into movie format because, in my opinion, 2hrs is not time enough to present all the amazing sex scenes involved AND tell the characters' story and the complex plot in detail. Tons of sex and poor plot could end up being a cheap movie. I think that's FSOG worst enemy. I feel its plot is very weak. So, when I read that Crossfire was getting a TV series I was sooo thrilled !! THAT's the way to go !! Crossfire is a story to follow and cherish for months ! ;)  Cant wait ! Congrats, Sylvia !

As for THE actor and actress to play Gideon and Eva... I really don't know !  In my mind Eva is me! :D ! and Gideon is a 35 y/o Johnathon Schaech even when he is not my kind of guy! LOL

Eva is easier to agree with this or that choice. But Gideon... that pick will be tough ! I'd love Gideon would be 35 for the movie! That would make it possible to pick among actors that have more experience and art to pull a Dark and Dangerous that I can actually buy. I don't even like Gideon to have a perfect face!  you know...  imperfect beauty pays off!  Not that I want him for Gideon, but I love Christian Bale's perfect imperfections, for instance. I hope it makes sense for you the way it does for me ;)

Betty!! I could start having a crush on Hugh !! woah !! how old was he in that pic ?

Hi QueenOfMyWorld,

Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy yourself.  :)

I agree! I'd hate it if it were a movie because they'd ruin it for sure. Just look at Twilight! It wasn't an amazing read or anything but it would have flourished and been more entertaining to watch if it were a series ala Vampire Diaries or True Blood. i HATE movie adaptation because they eliminate some of the core things from the novels almost all the time. I wouldn't mind if they wrote the script word for word out of the Crossfire novels!

I agree! I'd hate it if it were a movie because they'd ruin it for sure. Just look at Twilight! It wasn't an amazing read or anything but it would have flourished and been more entertaining to watch if it were a series ala Vampire Diaries or True Blood. i HATE movie adaptation because they eliminate some of the core things from the novels almost all the time. I wouldn't mind if they wrote the script word for word out of the Crossfire novels!

OMG I totally agree here.  Sylvia;s words just work.  I hope whoever is the writer reads and rereads each book, each chapter because no one knows the characters better than she does.  Some of the lines are unbelievable.  Perfect.  Chill worthy.  Especially Gideon's lines.  (Loved when she quoted tons of these lines on her fb page back at the end of Sept. beginning of Oct.)

I used to wonder... how come Crossfire didn't get a movie of its own? but at the same time I always felt that it's hard to take this genre into movie format because, in my opinion, 2hrs is not time enough to present all the amazing sex scenes involved AND tell the characters' story and the complex plot in detail. Tons of sex and poor plot could end up being a cheap movie. I think that's FSOG worst enemy. I feel its plot is very weak. So, when I read that Crossfire was getting a TV series I was sooo thrilled !! THAT's the way to go !! Crossfire is a story to follow and cherish for months ! ;) Cant wait ! Congrats, Sylvia !

As for THE actor and actress to play Gideon and Eva... I really don't know ! In my mind Eva is me! :D ! and Gideon is a 35 y/o Johnathon Schaech even when he is not my kind of guy! LOL

Eva is easier to agree with this or that choice. But Gideon... that pick will be tough ! I'd love Gideon would be 35 for the movie! That would make it possible to pick among actors that have more experience and art to pull a Dark and Dangerous that I can actually buy. I don't even like Gideon to have a perfect face! you know... imperfect beauty pays off! Not that I want him for Gideon, but I love Christian Bale's perfect imperfections, for instance. I hope it makes sense for you the way it does for me ;)

Betty!! I could start having a crush on Hugh !! woah !! how old was he in that pic ?

Sorry I do not know his age at the time the picture was taken. I was telling a friend about Crossfire and happened to come across that picture of Hugh at the same time she was listening to Gideon's description in the audio book....and when I saw that photograph I said that is my vision...of Gideon!!

Glad you like it too

Amen to that one sister GoshDarnit!  :)

OMG I totally agree here.  Sylvia;s words just work.  I hope whoever is the writer reads and rereads each book, each chapter because no one knows the characters better than she does.  Some of the lines are unbelievable.  Perfect.  Chill worthy.  Especially Gideon's lines.  (Loved when she quoted tons of these lines on her fb page back at the end of Sept. beginning of Oct.)

I agree GLH, well said.  :)

I agree.  When a good book becomes a movie you know some parts have to be cut.  One of the other members of the forum said they were cutting the wine scene and E.L. James said it was one of her favorite scenes (and mine too).  It is the "don't spill the wine or I'll punish you" scene. It is so hot. At least as a TV show they can keep closer to the book.

SD said the producers are big fans of Crossfire. Hopefully that will mean less cutting.

I obviously I love reading Sylvia but I have hoped since I heard about the television deal with Lionsgate that they would cast an actor not just a body. So much of what Sylvia has written are the thoughts and emotions of the characters.  Dialogue can be lifted from the book but the Lionsgate Gideon must show us

“As he stared back, he altered . . . as if a shield slid away from his eyes, revealing a scorching force of will that sucked the air from my lungs. The intense magnetism he exuded grew in strength, becoming a near-tangible impression of vibrant and unrelenting power.â€

and

“Cross’s gaze stayed focused on Mark’s hand at my elbow until I was released.â€

and sooo many more nonverbal statements!

Betty--you are so right.  The challenge will be to find the right look and the right skills.  Add to that lines like only Sylvia can write and you have a major hit.

Yeah!  Too bad Hugh is too old and Henry is getting older and more expensive as we wait for the last two books.

Lionsgate could start with the first three books.  They started making the "Divergent" movie (with a release date for March, 2014) before the third book of the series, "Allegiant", was published on October 22, 2013

• 3 weeks later...