The Lionsgate Production of the Crossfire Series

BettyY37

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I listened to Sylvia's Q&A on YouTube yesterday.  It was the one recorded in February.  She stated the television series could/should be ready by this time next year.  That is something to look forward to.  She also said the producers are interested in our (the fans) opinions but that is not to be confused with the idea that we have any control. 

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

In my 2/27/15 Entertainment Weekly magazine they had an article titled "Fifty Shades Afterglow" They had a blurb about the Crossfire series with Lionsgate and I quote " Fans of Sylvia Day's hit series are waiting in breathless anticipation to see who will play calculating billionaire Gideon Cross and sexually adventurous Eva Tramell on Lionsgate's upcoming television series adaptation." and they had a photo of the cover of BTY

we certainly are waiting breathlessly and almost impatiently !!!

Just saw the movie "Focus" starring Will Smith and Margot Robbie. It was petty good, much better than the "Kingsman" Margot would make a great Eva, but like Henry Cavill, she is almost a star and probably wouldn't take a TV acting job, even if it was on a premium channel. Margot is very pretty,has blond hair and has gray eyes!!!

I was at a tv recording with Will Smith and Margot Robbie, she is absolutely beautiful and would make a good Eva, but she is quite tall whereas Eva is petite (and voluptuous) so they would have to ensure they got a tall Gideon. Not sure how tall Eva is but Gideon is 6'2".

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have said this before but I am saying it again.  I hope the powers that be at Lionsgate will take notice of how an outstanding job the producers, writers, and directors did with developing the Outlander series on STARZ.  They kept pretty close to the book and when it took a turn towards the dark side they did not shy away from the topic and depicted it very well.  Kudos to all the actors, they were amazing.  "Hint Hint"  Sylvia, hopefully the group developing the Crossfire series will do it justice as how the group with the Outlander series did!!!!

• 1 year later...

Sadly this has just gone on the author's web site

Will there be a Crossfire® motion picture or television series?

Lionsgate optioned the rights to the Crossfire saga in 2013 and renewed the option twice. After three years of development, Sylvia declined to option again and she presently retains the adaptation rights. She eventually expects to find the right partner, but for now, the Crossfire series is no longer in development.

This is the most up to date information on this topic as of August 2016

• 6 months later...

On Facebook, in a post about the Jax/Gia movie, someone said they were hoping for Crossfire - Sylvia's response:

Sylvia Day
Sylvia Day I know. *fingers crossed* that day is coming sooner rather than later!

We must live in hope.

Further down answering another point about Jax getting on film before Gideon she says:

Don't be disappointed! The more hunky men the merrier. 1f642.png:) Just because Jax got his way first, doesn't mean Gideon won't grace our screens later on

Will there ever be a Cross Movie? TV, HBO or otherwise?

Comments
Sylvia Day
Sylvia Day I certainly hope so. The biggest hurdle with the Crossfire Series is finding a showrunner--the writer who will oversee the creative development of the series and the pool of writers who will pen the scripts. We've been searching for 4 years now and still haven't found the right person with the right take. But we haven't stopped searching and one day, we'll find the writer who can bring the books to life on the small screen