"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just thinking, I wonder if Gideon wanted this marriage fast because he new he has a very dark past darker then we know and this would tie eva ro him when he sorts out his past..remember he said to her "I need this Eva " he knows whats coming

I like this theory, it could make sense to alot of things. I think the sex tape is going to come out or Gideon is going to watch it because Eva was making such a big deal over him not watching it. I also think one of Gideon's nightmares might spiral out of control because so far Eva has managed to escape unharmed, this could then lead to a number of things going wrong.Also Brett & Eva still have chemistry so I doubt that's going to die out just because she got married, Brett is always her fall back if something is going wrong with Gideon. I also really hope Gideon and Ireland sort their relationship out, it's cute how much she looks up to him. :) These are just a couple of my opinions. :)

Sorry I do not know how to copy someone post into my response for quick reference.

SSCRPH

I agree with you 100% about The Lucas clan and Christopher being part of the "bitter enemies out of the shadows".

I think Christopher is an especially strong candidate to seek more revenge against Gideon.  He told their mother nothing happened between Gideon and Hugh when he was just a child.  

I have a list of loose ends that I hope Slyvia will tie-up in the next two books.

Vikki-Sixx, I also agree about the tape coming out but I don't think it will be a big deal Gideon will do damage control.. I also was thinking the same thing about one of his nightmares spiraling out of control and he attacks Eva that would really destroy him and her..As for brett she does have chemistry with him and she needs to deal with that I don't think she would cheat on him.I think there is something that Gideon has not told Eva and we have not heard (directly yet)that is going to be a shocker that's why she says its something she may not be able to deal with along those lines..

I had saved an interview that Sylvia gave from June 26, 2013 cause I love the way she answered this question!!

Can you give your readers any nebulous hints as to what will transpire in the next Crossfire novel?

The first 2.5 Crossfire novels were Eva’s story. By the mid-point of Entwined with You, she’s in a good place. Her skeletons are out of the closet, she’s confronted the issues that have plagued her, and she’s made a powerful commitment to support Gideon. That opens the door to the last 2.5 novels being able to focus on Gideon’s story. He really needed her to be strong and stable in order to anchor him through his own healing, and we’re finally there.

Thanks for this Barb!!

Has anyone considered that sex abuse survivors often turn into abusers themselves? I think that Hugh abused Christopher as well as Gideon. But did Gideon abuse Christopher also and not remember it? Is that why Christopher hates Gideon so? Or is it just because Gideon's acting out brought Hugh into their lives and introduced the abuse? What do you think?

JeanMarie I wonder what Gideon's big secret is?! I really can't wait for these two books I'm desperate to see what's going on and hopefully see Gideon and Eva have the happy ending they deserve. :) . I think Cary might have a problem with Gideon and Eva might feel like she has to choose between them or something? :(

I had saved an interview that Sylvia gave from June 26, 2013 cause I love the way she answered this question!!

Can you give your readers any nebulous hints as to what will transpire in the next Crossfire novel?

The first 2.5 Crossfire novels were Eva’s story. By the mid-point of Entwined with You, she’s in a good place. Her skeletons are out of the closet, she’s confronted the issues that have plagued her, and she’s made a powerful commitment to support Gideon. That opens the door to the last 2.5 novels being able to focus on Gideon’s story. He really needed her to be strong and stable in order to anchor him through his own healing, and we’re finally there.

Thanks for this Barb!!

I just loved her answer to the question and thought it would help us right now!!  :)

Avid-Reader I had said the same exact thing a while back its the only t hing that explains why Chris Jr would hate him so and Giedon dosent remember I think Lizzy knows something and is keeping it a secret ..A lot of people disagreed with me so I'm glad u brought it up..its the only thing I could see Eva saying its something she don't think she could handle and is testing her ( not extact words) That would be something I could not deal with.. And as for her saying she feels he's slipping away he proubly can't deal with it so he shuts down..that's why she she says at the end that there future seems dim now.

Has anyone considered that sex abuse survivors often turn into abusers themselves? I think that Hugh abused Christopher as well as Gideon. But did Gideon abuse Christopher also and not remember it? Is that why Christopher hates Gideon so? Or is it just because Gideon's acting out brought Hugh into their lives and introduced the abuse? What do you think?

Avid-Reader I had said the same exact thing a while back its the only t hing that explains why Chris Jr would hate him so and Giedon dosent remember I think Lizzy knows something and is keeping it a secret ..A lot of people disagreed with me so I'm glad u brought it up..its the only thing I could see Eva saying its something she don't think she could handle and is testing her ( not extact words) That would be something I could not deal with.. And as for her saying she feels he's slipping away he proubly can't deal with it so he shuts down..that's why she she says at the end that there future seems dim now.

Good evening,

Let me begin by saying that I do not mean to offend anyone and this is my opinion only. We come up with all kinds of theories and anything can happen. (No one expected the Russian mafia twist or the bracelet alibi.)  In no way do I mean to disparage anyone’s opinion by stating mine. 

I have to address this theory.

I did a paper for school on sexual abuse and have a lot of research.  One of the reasons so many men do not come forward and report and deal with their abuse is for this reason.  There are a large number of people who think men who are abused will abuse in the future.  That is just not true.  The reverse is rarely considered.  By that I mean women are rarely labeled as potential abusers because they were abused.  Men fear that admitting abuse will make people look at them differently and people will constantly be waiting for them to abuse another child.

There are more than 138 million men in the U.S  As Sylvia documented in her book one in 6 boys are abused that would mean approximately 23 million men are potential abusers.  What a shame that as a society we continue to abuse these men by continuing to posit this theory.  It is true that many abusers were abused but the majority of abused boys do not abuse others. Sylvia said she did a lot of research for this book and she would know this myth is false.  It is documented in all the major psychology magazines.

Regarding the Crossfire series and Gideon Cross in particular, I would never recommend these books in the future if Sylvia made the decision to have Gideon be an abusive murderer.  It doesn’t fit with the person in my mind. 

There are many reasons why Christopher doesn’t like Gideon, jealousy being the first one that comes to my mind.  I know families where siblings have issues with one or another and I don’t know any who abused the other.  I firmly believe that Christopher is angry with himself because he saw the abuse and didn’t confirm Gideon’s accusations. 

Another reason could be he blames Gideon because Hugh turned to Christopher after Gideon left.  Abusers have a type and if Gideon left home in 5 or 6 years then Christopher would be Hugh’s type.  How could Christopher report his abuse when he denied that Hugh was an abuser? 

I won’t even consider this scenario until I read it.

Jeanmarie

Interesting concept, ....Gideon the abuser as something Eva cannot handle.  I will roll that idea around for awhile.

I never thought about that because I am so in love with Gideon but I am always open for new thoughts.  I will pass that along to my fellow readers.

Thanks for the mental candy.

PS

Even if he never did, he could still be accused and have to fight the allegation.

PPS

Just remembered Gideon told Eva he was never attracted to boys.  She said if he was bisexual that would be ok with her.

I have said this all along. Im thinking Christopher was asked if anything happened period. and he didn't want to tell. so I always wondered if he even knew Gideon was being abused.This in my mind is why Christopher hates him so much

I have been thinking on the quote since yesterday. One thing keeps hitting me. I have read the back covers of a lot of books over the years. They are always provocative and often exaggerate to get people excited to buy the book. So, I am hoping that the angst we are all feeling is a little hyped. Geez, how much crap can one couple take?

As for Gideon's past---I am thinking Hugh shows up somehow. I think we will learn more about Chris Jr. and his role. Lucas will be more revealed. We will find out more about Angus and that past. Maybe finally find out just why Lizzie wouldn't believe her son. Those kinds of things. Gideon's reaction to all this stuff could be what they clip is about. I refuse to believe that G and E are anything but solid. Eva said she is no longer running. I hope that is true. In the first 3 books Gideon was holding them together. If these last 2 are his story, then I think it will be Eva's turn to keep them working.

Since Sylvia started posting lines on fb, I have been rereading. Up to EWY. Eva was difficult in the first books so I guess it is Gideon's turn. Eva is going to make Gideon face things he may not want to. He will get ######. It will be hard. It I think in the end they will be really together and happy.

Just my take. I cannot stand when they are not solid. (I think I am too invested in fictional characters. Lol)

Hi GLH,

I think that if the topic of Hugh is discussed, it might be in the form of flashbacks and Gideon finally discussing what happened to him during thos counselling sessions.  If we are lucky (so to speak) Gideon might even describe his first-hand accounting of what Hugh was like. 

I don't understand how Gideon cannot fully trust Eva after all they have been through especially with the Nathan situation...

Hi Sscrph,

I think that Gideon may be afraid of Eva seeing the very real and very vulnerable Gideon.  Thus far, he has always been her rock and has always come running after her.  Eva never really got a chance to see just how vulnerable and deeply hurt Gideon has been. 

I keep coming back to the references of when Eva wrote Gideon the letter during their separation during the second book.  She poured her heart to him and he didn't seem to respond, or didn't respond in the way that Eva thought that he would.  She could never really be sure where Gideon was coming from.  She couldn't see past her pain, to see Gideon's very real pain.

Sylvia said that the next two books are going to be about Gideon and him dealing with his problems.  That may be a very new place for Eva to be in.  She is very insecure, and that insecurity may wreak havoc every time Gideon has to deal with problems from his past.  Eva will have to set aside her insecurities and focus all of her attention on Gideon, in order to help him.

Now that being said, I could be wrong and quite frankly who knows?  Only Syliva and thus far she isn't telling.  What does everyone think?:)

Good evening,

Let me begin by saying that I do not mean to offend anyone and this is my opinion only. We come up with all kinds of theories and anything can happen. (No one expected the Russian mafia twist or the bracelet alibi.)  In no way do I mean to disparage anyone’s opinion by stating mine. 

I did a paper for school on sexual abuse and have a lot of research.  One of the reasons so many men do not come forward and report and deal with their abuse is for this reason.  There are a large number of people who think men who are abused will abuse in the future.  That is just not true.  The reverse is rarely considered.  By that I mean women are rarely labeled as potential abusers because they were abused.  Men fear that admitting abuse will make people look at them differently and people will constantly be waiting for them to abuse another child.

There are more than 138 million men in the U.S  As Sylvia documented in her book one in 6 boys are abused that would mean approximately 23 million men are potential abusers.  What a shame that as a society we continue to abuse these men by continuing to posit this theory.  It is true that many abusers were abused but the majority of abused boys do not abuse others. Sylvia said she did a lot of research for this book and she would know this myth is false.  It is documented in all the major psychology magazines.

Regarding the Crossfire series and Gideon Cross in particular, I would never recommend these books in the future if Sylvia made the decision to have Gideon be an abusive murderer.  It doesn’t fit with the person in my mind. 

There are many reasons why Christopher doesn’t like Gideon, jealousy being the first one that comes to my mind.  I know families where siblings have issues with one or another and I don’t know any who abused the other.  I firmly believe that Christopher is angry with himself because he saw the abuse and didn’t confirm Gideon’s accusations. 

Another reason could be he blames Gideon because Hugh turned to Christopher after Gideon left.  Abusers have a type and if Gideon left home in 5 or 6 years then Christopher would be Hugh’s type.  How could Christopher report his abuse when he denied that Hugh was an abuser? 

Thank you Sharon and I agree. In turn that would also mean that Eva could abuse another. I just can't see all of that. Of course I maybe wrong but I can't even allow my mind to go there at this point.

I think we certainly can't rule out Drs Terry and Anne Lucas as bitter enemies from the past...maybe Anne Lucas is aware that Gideon may have pushed Hugh over the edge and she will do anything to seek revenge on Gideon for Hugh and herself... Unfortunately this probably involves hurting Eva in some way. :(. :(

Actually Christopher Jr could also be one of the bitter enemies the passage refers to; perhaps Chris Jr played a bigger part than we think in the SEXTAPEGATE

What do you all think?

Hi Sscrph,

I think that Terry and Anne Lucas might be good possible candidates for the bitter enemies category, but what makes you think that Christopher Jr. would qualify as a bitter enemy?  What are your thoughts?  What does everyone think? 

P.S.  If Christpher Jr. actually has the "se* tape", I don't think that it would end up working in his favour.  He would wind up looking like the creepy, loser younger brother, who possessed homemade p*** of his brother's wife.  Yuck!  :(

Hi Sscrph,

I think that Gideon may be afraid of Eva seeing the very real and very vulnerable Gideon.  Thus far, he has always been her rock and has always come running after her.  Eva never really got a chance to see just how vulnerable and deeply hurt Gideon has been. 

I keep coming back to the references of when Eva wrote Gideon the letter during their separation during the second book.  She poured her heart to him and he didn't seem to respond, or didn't respond in the way that Eva thought that he would.  She could never really be sure where Gideon was coming from.  She couldn't see past her pain, to see Gideon's very real pain.

Sylvia said that the next two books are going to be about Gideon and him dealing with his problems.  That may be a very new place for Eva to be in.  She is very insecure, and that insecurity may wreak havoc every time Gideon has to deal with problems from his past.  Eva will have to set aside her insecurities and focus all of her attention on Gideon, in order to help him.

Now that being said, I could be wrong and quite frankly who knows?  Only Syliva and thus far she isn't telling.  What does everyone think? :)

I agree GiGI. These are Gideon's books and Eva is insecure. Not as insecure as she once was, but him closing himself off will trigger many things for Eva, she has to be strong enough to overcome that on focus on what he needs to get him healthy. It's certainly going to be a bumpy ride, but in the end they will both be much better off for having taken the journey.

GLH I have a feeling that Hugh's son might be involved at some point.  Gideon feels guilty about the suicide and understands how the boy will feel his father deserted him.  I'm thinking the whole family (Anne, Terry & Hugh Jr.) are going to do something. 

Also we know Eva is going to get Liz & Gideon together to discuss the past.  That will bring up memories.

Christopher Jr.  is a problem.  I still believe that he saw what was going on and was threaten by Hugh and/or he was abused too but didn't say anything.

Hi Sharon,

It will be interesting to see what Christopher Jr. role was in this entire scenario.  I think it was of the ladies in the forum who mentioned that we probably won't really get to Christopher Jr. story until book five.  I just hope we get a least a few answers in the fourth book.

Good evening,

Hi Sharon,

I agree with you.  You are coming from a place of documented evidence that supports your position. 

Hi Avid Reader,

I just wanted to clarify a few things with you as far as the abused becoming abusers themselves.  Statistically, that is a complete fallacy.  It is difficult to quantify just exactly how many people are abused because over 85% of all abuse, rape, incest, etc. is never reported to legal authorities or dealt with criminally.

Of those cases that are reported criminally; less than 30% of said cases result in a criminal conviction.  That being said, if we consider what you said and say that 100 people were abused, then by proxy all 100 people would go on to abuse people themselves.  That theory just isn't supported.

What has been reported and supported with documented evidence is that many people who are abused, go on to have difficulties in many areas of their lives; emotional issues, addictions of all varieties and self harm (suicide attempts, etc.).

During another forum discussion, a forum member had stated that of all criminals convicted, 65% state that they were abused.  That does not mean that 65% of every person who was abused will go on to commit a crime, or rape etc.  It only means that of the prison population 65% of those inmates were abused.  Those are two very different scenarios. 

I sincerely hope that Christopher Jr. wasn't abused by Hugh and hope even more that if Christopher Jr. was abused, that he himself, didn't go on to abuse another person. 

I hope what I have said makes sense to the forum members. If not, let me know and I will try to figure out another way to explain it in a different manner. Thanks everyone. 

I agree GiGI. These are Gideon's books and Eva is insecure. Not as insecure as she once was, but him closing himself off will trigger many things for Eva, she has to be strong enough to overcome that on focus on what he needs to get him healthy. It's certainly going to be a bumpy ride, but in the end they will both be much better off for having taken the journey.

You make a good point Kirsten.  Both Gideon and Eva will have to learn how to deal with their triggers in a more positive manner.  Thus far, everytime Eva gets triggered she pulls a "runner" and every time Gideon gets triggered he shuts down.  Now that they are married, neither of them can rely on those techniques.  If they do, then that marriage will be doomed to fail.

Sylvia has however, promised us that Gideon and Eva will have a happily-ever-after so we will just have to "buckle-up" and get ready for the bumpy ride ahead of us.  I have to get a package of antacids, if there is going to be a lot of upset.  I have a feeling that I may have a queasy stomach with all of this turmoil.  :)