"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

Quoting from EWY this is one of Eva's fears..."Gideon it's too soon, we have too many triggers , if we're not careful one or both of us will shut down, cut the other one-". Could Eva's fears be realized in Book 4?

Oh seriously Sscrph...don't torture us!  I never even stopped to consider that they might break up during book four! Augh!  Oh the angst!  I wouldn't even know what to do with myself if that happened, because then I would have to wait for another huge, honking long time before they finally get back together!

Say it isn't so sister!  :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this theory, it could make sense to alot of things. I think the sex tape is going to come out or Gideon is going to watch it because Eva was making such a big deal over him not watching it. I also think one of Gideon's nightmares might spiral out of control because so far Eva has managed to escape unharmed, this could then lead to a number of things going wrong.Also Brett & Eva still have chemistry so I doubt that's going to die out just because she got married, Brett is always her fall back if something is going wrong with Gideon. I also really hope Gideon and Ireland sort their relationship out, it's cute how much she looks up to him. :) These are just a couple of my opinions. :)

Hi Vikki-Sixx,

Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy yourself.  :)

Hi Sscrph,

I think that Gideon may be afraid of Eva seeing the very real and very vulnerable Gideon.  Thus far, he has always been her rock and has always come running after her.  Eva never really got a chance to see just how vulnerable and deeply hurt Gideon has been. 

I keep coming back to the references of when Eva wrote Gideon the letter during their separation during the second book.  She poured her heart to him and he didn't seem to respond, or didn't respond in the way that Eva thought that he would.  She could never really be sure where Gideon was coming from.  She couldn't see past her pain, to see Gideon's very real pain.

Sylvia said that the next two books are going to be about Gideon and him dealing with his problems.  That may be a very new place for Eva to be in.  She is very insecure, and that insecurity may wreak havoc every time Gideon has to deal with problems from his past.  Eva will have to set aside her insecurities and focus all of her attention on Gideon, in order to help him.

Now that being said, I could be wrong and quite frankly who knows?  Only Syliva and thus far she isn't telling.  What does everyone think?:)

I think as Eva hears about Gideon's abuse her own insecurities may come to the forefront again as she relives her own just as Gideon started having the nightmares after he'd heard Eva's story.

Good evening,

Let me begin by saying that I do not mean to offend anyone and this is my opinion only. We come up with all kinds of theories and anything can happen. (No one expected the Russian mafia twist or the bracelet alibi.)  In no way do I mean to disparage anyone’s opinion by stating mine. 

I have to address this theory.

I did a paper for school on sexual abuse and have a lot of research.  One of the reasons so many men do not come forward and report and deal with their abuse is for this reason.  There are a large number of people who think men who are abused will abuse in the future.  That is just not true.  The reverse is rarely considered.  By that I mean women are rarely labeled as potential abusers because they were abused.  Men fear that admitting abuse will make people look at them differently and people will constantly be waiting for them to abuse another child.

There are more than 138 million men in the U.S  As Sylvia documented in her book one in 6 boys are abused that would mean approximately 23 million men are potential abusers.  What a shame that as a society we continue to abuse these men by continuing to posit this theory.  It is true that many abusers were abused but the majority of abused boys do not abuse others. Sylvia said she did a lot of research for this book and she would know this myth is false.  It is documented in all the major psychology magazines.

Regarding the Crossfire series and Gideon Cross in particular, I would never recommend these books in the future if Sylvia made the decision to have Gideon be an abusive murderer.  It doesn’t fit with the person in my mind. 

There are many reasons why Christopher doesn’t like Gideon, jealousy being the first one that comes to my mind.  I know families where siblings have issues with one or another and I don’t know any who abused the other.  I firmly believe that Christopher is angry with himself because he saw the abuse and didn’t confirm Gideon’s accusations. 

Another reason could be he blames Gideon because Hugh turned to Christopher after Gideon left.  Abusers have a type and if Gideon left home in 5 or 6 years then Christopher would be Hugh’s type.  How could Christopher report his abuse when he denied that Hugh was an abuser? 

I won’t even consider this scenario until I read it.

Sharon,  let me qualify a little here...  I didn't mean to suggest that Gideon would purposely abuse, but rather that he may have been caught in a nightmare and abused.  Now, the more I think about it, I don't know that I think that at all.  I was not meaning to suggest that Gideon would abuse, not consciously. 

Good evening,

Let me begin by saying that I do not mean to offend anyone and this is my opinion only. We come up with all kinds of theories and anything can happen. (No one expected the Russian mafia twist or the bracelet alibi.) In no way do I mean to disparage anyone’s opinion by stating mine.

I did a paper for school on sexual abuse and have a lot of research. One of the reasons so many men do not come forward and report and deal with their abuse is for this reason. There are a large number of people who think men who are abused will abuse in the future. That is just not true. The reverse is rarely considered. By that I mean women are rarely labeled as potential abusers because they were abused. Men fear that admitting abuse will make people look at them differently and people will constantly be waiting for them to abuse another child.

There are more than 138 million men in the U.S As Sylvia documented in her book one in 6 boys are abused that would mean approximately 23 million men are potential abusers. What a shame that as a society we continue to abuse these men by continuing to posit this theory. It is true that many abusers were abused but the majority of abused boys do not abuse others. Sylvia said she did a lot of research for this book and she would know this myth is false. It is documented in all the major psychology magazines.

Regarding the Crossfire series and Gideon Cross in particular, I would never recommend these books in the future if Sylvia made the decision to have Gideon be an abusive murderer. It doesn’t fit with the person in my mind.

There are many reasons why Christopher doesn’t like Gideon, jealousy being the first one that comes to my mind. I know families where siblings have issues with one or another and I don’t know any who abused the other. I firmly believe that Christopher is angry with himself because he saw the abuse and didn’t confirm Gideon’s accusations.

Another reason could be he blames Gideon because Hugh turned to Christopher after Gideon left. Abusers have a type and if Gideon left home in 5 or 6 years then Christopher would be Hugh’s type. How could Christopher report his abuse when he denied that Hugh was an abuser?

Sharonm745, this was just my opinion on what I have read so far, it was a therory of my own.. it was not based on any clinic data or study suggesting that because he was abused he had to be an abuser.. After all at the end of the day its a fictional story and anything could happen right?? I would not want my Cross (LOL) being an abuser either but we never know were this story is going, so many twists and turns. Well iust have to wait for book 4. Enjoy your day..

so because I was on here reading everyone's thoughts my head was spinning when I hit the sheets.

BOOM what pops into my mind. WHAT IF.. a big dark evil past that drags Gideon into .o is HUGHs son. what if Hugh's son is the kid that is seeing his sister? He would be the right age. He was brought up in a conversation between Gideon and Eva..that usually means its comes up again. what if its a trigger when she shows up with him at some point.

so because I was on here reading everyone's thoughts my head was spinning when I hit the sheets.

BOOM what pops into my mind. WHAT IF.. a big dark evil past that drags Gideon into ######.o is HUGHs son. what if Hugh's son is the kid that is seeing his sister? He would be the right age. He was brought up in a conversation between Gideon and Eva..that usually means its comes up again. what if its a trigger when she shows up with him at some point.

I don't see how Hugh's son could be that old...

really. 17 would be right there. Gideon is 28.. he was about 10 when all the shrink crap started

Hugh's son was only 2 when Gideon confronted him. This was after Gideon was already established so at the very least Gideon maybe was 23 or 24 , that would put the child only about 7 or 8 yrs old.

Aaaaaggghhhh! Going crazy here! Reading the back cover of CBY from Sylvia made me dread the book - it sounds so painful! I just really hope that at the end of CBY G & E are in a good place again......as they always have been so far. Having to wait for book 5 with them being apart would not be good. I just get so emotional about these things!

I also think Hugh's son would be too young to be Ireland's boyfriend.

Hugh's son was only 2 when Gideon confronted him. This was after Gideon was already established so at the very least Gideon maybe was 23 or 24 , that would put the child only about 7 or 8 yrs old.

Let me just throw this into the mix ........

Do we think that Anne now knows what her brother did to Gideon??  I think her anger is strickly based on being dumped.

Does anyone thnk Anne or Dr Terry know that Gideon found Hugh and threatened him?  

Did Dr Terry confront Hugh after the exam ?  and then would Hugh tell Dr T that Gideon figured out reason for the lies ??

We know that Dr Terry knew, but only because Elizabeth went to him for the exam and that he lied to 'protect' Anne and in doing so also protected Hugh - but since he is a kids Dr, how did/does he rationalize allowing an abuser to continually treat kids and abuse them.  It appears he (and Anne) supports all the abuse based charities and is respected in his field.  So lots of contradictions in their live beyond the affair.

In regard to Hugh's son, other than Gideon's own guilt over another child damaged by suicide, I don't see any connection.  At this point the secret of Hugh's actions are dead and buried. 

Wow Im already teary eyed and its just the back cover.  I feel like Im gonna be sobbing hard when the book comes out (hopefully before end of this year , Sylvia has been posting a lot of Crossfire quotes lately)

So I was wondering that the actual wedding is happening in Captivated By You .. eeeeeek that really makes me giddy . I hope its release soon..

Hi everyone

Just thought " lured bitter enemies out of the shadows." could be people who were harmed by Geoffrey Cross who  have decide Gideon"s seed money my have been their money.

that is my theory too.. poor Gideon so much on his plates . Corrines' attempted suicide, Nathans' death, Eva's problem ,, and most readers want these to be resolved in EWY  .. Im glad Sylvia made it to quintet , I want to get to Gideon Cross head  I just hope they release it soon  

Good evening,

Let me begin by saying that I do not mean to offend anyone and this is my opinion only. We come up with all kinds of theories and anything can happen. (No one expected the Russian mafia twist or the bracelet alibi.)  In no way do I mean to disparage anyone’s opinion by stating mine. 

I did a paper for school on sexual abuse and have a lot of research.  One of the reasons so many men do not come forward and report and deal with their abuse is for this reason.  There are a large number of people who think men who are abused will abuse in the future.  That is just not true.  The reverse is rarely considered.  By that I mean women are rarely labeled as potential abusers because they were abused.  Men fear that admitting abuse will make people look at them differently and people will constantly be waiting for them to abuse another child.

There are more than 138 million men in the U.S  As Sylvia documented in her book one in 6 boys are abused that would mean approximately 23 million men are potential abusers.  What a shame that as a society we continue to abuse these men by continuing to posit this theory.  It is true that many abusers were abused but the majority of abused boys do not abuse others. Sylvia said she did a lot of research for this book and she would know this myth is false.  It is documented in all the major psychology magazines.

Regarding the Crossfire series and Gideon Cross in particular, I would never recommend these books in the future if Sylvia made the decision to have Gideon be an abusive murderer.  It doesn’t fit with the person in my mind. 

There are many reasons why Christopher doesn’t like Gideon, jealousy being the first one that comes to my mind.  I know families where siblings have issues with one or another and I don’t know any who abused the other.  I firmly believe that Christopher is angry with himself because he saw the abuse and didn’t confirm Gideon’s accusations. 

Another reason could be he blames Gideon because Hugh turned to Christopher after Gideon left.  Abusers have a type and if Gideon left home in 5 or 6 years then Christopher would be Hugh’s type.  How could Christopher report his abuse when he denied that Hugh was an abuser? 

Well said. And i agree that would totally go against the person we have known Gideon to be.

Wow Im already teary eyed and its just the back cover.  I feel like Im gonna be sobbing hard when the book comes out (hopefully before end of this year , Sylvia has been posting a lot of Crossfire quotes lately)

So I was wondering that the actual wedding is happening in Captivated By You .. eeeeeek that really makes me giddy . I hope its release soon..

It would make a great Christmas present tears or not or a great New Years Eve read for those who don't party all night!!!

Hi everyone

Just thought " lured bitter enemies out of the shadows." could be people who were harmed by Geoffrey Cross who  have decide Gideon"s seed money my have been their money.

Thank you for this Betty I like this theory but I also think the enemies also include the Drs. Lucas...

Let me just throw this into the mix ........

Do we think that Anne now knows what her brother did to Gideon??  I think her anger is strickly based on being dumped.

Does anyone thnk Anne or Dr Terry know that Gideon found Hugh and threatened him?  

Did Dr Terry confront Hugh after the exam ?  and then would Hugh tell Dr T that Gideon figured out reason for the lies ??

We know that Dr Terry knew, but only because Elizabeth went to him for the exam and that he lied to 'protect' Anne and in doing so also protected Hugh - but since he is a kids Dr, how did/does he rationalize allowing an abuser to continually treat kids and abuse them.  It appears he (and Anne) supports all the abuse based charities and is respected in his field.  So lots of contradictions in their live beyond the affair.

In regard to Hugh's son, other than Gideon's own guilt over another child damaged by suicide, I don't see any connection.  At this point the secret of Hugh's actions are dead and buried.

Fsu mom only Sylvia knows the answer to what Dr. Terry did with his information. I think in general the forum assumes Anne's revenge against Gideon is solely based on his treatment of her but we can be wrong in this assumption. And also perhaps he supports the abused children's charities to assuage his guilt over lying all those years ago...