"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

hey here is my theory because Im really excited about this book.  the title itself "Captivated by You"  means Eva and Gideon are still strongly into each other and will stay together even if its gonna be a teary bumpy ride . Corinne suicide attempts has probably open Eva's security  over her and there's Deanna who did a massive favor for her and Gideon re the sex tape ans she's covering the wedding ,so she'll be around too but then that's Eva she said she will always be jealous even they are married.  Also Gideon has to learn to share things with Eva instead of taking things all to himself and solve the problems alone.

(I could understand Gideon though, in a way Im like that . i want to do things my way so i dont tell to my family I just plan and tell things to them the way i want it to be done thinking its better for them) ok that is just a segway back to my crazy theories. :) 

Im expecting that Corrines' will be resolve here as well as Brett (im getting tired of these two its time they get out of the picture lol) . the wedding should be happening here as refers to "the brightest day of our lives....  then there's Eva's parents and Cary. Gideon facing his demon re: the sexual abuse so there's Christopher,Elizabeth and Lucas . I guess this is gonna be dark for Gideon and Eva .

so maybe the "bitter enemy coming out in the shadow"  would be a new character that would round up in Book 4 and will finished in book  5? how about its actually a Geoffrey Cross enemy .Gideon said that even up to now some people talks about it. Once the engagement leading up to the wedding ,which is very public, Gideon gonna be crazy over protective because obviously Eva is gonna be a target now . Sylvia said Gideon has to deal with his possessiveness with Eva as If he couldn't live without her. Eva is already strong and stable in EWY so she just need to push herself to help Gideon . 

OMG i have this crazy theory how about Evas' dad and Detective Grave together hahaha. it got me confuse why Detective Grave asked Eva .. "what is his dad thinking about Gideon Cross,  seriously that actually cross the investigation inquiry right? 

all in all I really think that Sylvia made a right decision to make the book in quintet because there are so many issues  here and she is actually telling a rollercoaster ride here  and she cant just tied it up in 3 books , its more like cheating happy ending to me not fast forwarding it is much more realistic to me  since there's no leap in time the books.

ok im done . I really miss Cross  x

I agree about Victor and Detective Graves being a quirky possibility even though it would be odd from Gideva's perspective because she knows their secret...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does everyone think about this scenario??? Cary & Eva go to California...Gideon follows (or goes with them). Eva & Cary meet with Dr. Travis & have great sessions. Later that evening or later that weekend Eva goes on & on about how great it was to talk to Dr. Travis & wishes she was closer to him so they could talk more frequently face to face. Gideon pays Dr. Travis to come to New York for a few weeks on the premise to complete more therapy with Eva (& maybe Cary). Gideon decides to have a session with said Doctor as well & this is where the ball starts rolling. Travis gets Gideon to open up a bit & things take off from there. Eva has said that Dr. Travis has a no bull-s**t rule & this type of therapy would be tough on Gideon but then again he might just blurt things out. Any thoughts everyone?

What does everyone think about this scenario??? Cary & Eva go to California...Gideon follows (or goes with them). Eva & Cary meet with Dr. Travis & have great sessions. Later that evening or later that weekend Eva goes on & on about how great it was to talk to Dr. Travis & wishes she was closer to him so they could talk more frequently face to face. Gideon pays Dr. Travis to come to New York for a few weeks on the premise to complete more therapy with Eva (& maybe Cary). Gideon decides to have a session with said Doctor as well & this is where the ball starts rolling. Travis gets Gideon to open up a bit & things take off from there. Eva has said that Dr. Travis has a no bull-s**t rule & this type of therapy would be tough on Gideon but then again he might just blurt things out. Any thoughts everyone?

I still think Gideon will continue with Dr. Peterson. Dr. Travis expertise is with troubled teens and even though Gideon was an adolescent when his abuse took place he's an adult now and he needs to deal with his past in the present. Hopefully we will find out sooner rather than later!!!

My biggest fear of CBY is that Deanna will somehow find out and try to expose Eva's tragic past. When rereading BTY Gideon's ominous words about destroying anyone who would print such a story rings loud and clear. Hopefully these old wounds will not be opened for Eva . She has been through enough. :(. :(

My biggest fear of CBY is that Deanna will somehow find out and try to expose Eva's tragic past. When rereading BTY Gideon's ominous words about destroying anyone who would print such a story rings loud and clear. Hopefully these old wounds will not be opened for Eva . She has been through enough. :(. :(

:(

Reading the prenup again, you get the feeling that G knew how bad things were going to get. He said himself he was so scared of messing it all up and that E would want to do a runner. I think he knows he's going to have to deal with his demons and what it will do to him - he just wanted to anchor E to him in any way possible in the hope that at the end she might still be there.....so that he gets a chance to pick up the pieces and hopefully put it all back together again.

Good point Chiara.

Jean-Francois Giroux is a very angry man.  He blames Gideon for his wife's attempted suicide and her miscarriage.  They also have a business deal in the works.

Corinne may be alright if the antidepressants were the reason for her erratic behavior but I think her husband will still want a pound of flesh.

Jean-Francois Giroux is a very angry man.  He blames Gideon for his wife's attempted suicide and her miscarriage.  They also have a business deal in the works.

Corinne may be alright if the antidepressants were the reason for her erratic behavior but I think her husband will still want a pound of flesh.

Yes I absolutely agree... I think JFG hovers near the top of the list of who will be introduced to Eva's Krav Maga skills.... He has always been overly familiar with Eva and he knows that Eva is Gideon's "weakness" for lack of a better term.

Just thinking, what about when Gideon says to Eva a few times "ill always find you angel.".does anyone think she will be kidnapped or hurt thats why that statement was made.

Yes !!!

Like you Jeanmarie I could see that happening because he says it more then once.  Eva is his life.

Just thinking, what about when Gideon says to Eva a few times "ill always find you angel.".does anyone think she will be kidnapped or hurt thats why that statement was made.

The Russians?  If Nathan had made some sort of deal to sell Eva, his death wouldn't stop anything.  Something to think about...

Among the many notes I have regarding Crossfire series the following is my list of Unfinished Plot Lines:

(The order is random, not by priority)

The society wedding of Eva and Gideon

Megumi

The Eva/Brett video as well as their relationship (could be 2 things?)

Nathan's bracelet

Relationship between Eva's father and mother

Gideon's relationship with his family - Elizabeth, Ireland, Christopher and Chris

Corinne including Jean-Francois Giroux

The Lucas family

Cary and Tatiana's pregnancy

Cary and Trey

Cary working for Eva

Eva working for Gideon

Mark Garrity and Steven Ellison together and with Eva

Magdalena Perez

Shawna Ellison

Anything to add?

Hi!

I know these are old news, but as i'm new to the forum i'd like to comment them (hope you don't mind)...

• 10th floor remodelation is for Eva, but not to her foundation. She even has not the thought of it when she goes there with Gideon. I think it is for a new company in the universe of Cross Industries: Cross & Garrity Advertising.  (A Cross invest, where Garrity is a senior -is a junior at present- mentoring Eva for a while, who became first junior and partner later as a senior too). And why not, this is Eva's 2nd wedding gift from Gideon: Working by herserf with her coworkers, as she prefers, but also to a Cross company as Gideon would like to.
  • I'm also on Clancy on the bracelet subjetc. All the things spoken between Eva and him takes us there. The payback Gideon is expecting to be requested is not going to happen, but Gid will pay Clancy's and his brother help by hiring Clancy's brother as safety/driver when he'll left FBI, once Angus will retire.
  • Impatient to see how Gideon confronts his mother,especially regarding Eva.
  • And pleaseee... I want Arnoldo and Shwana together!!! (maybe meeting and starting their history at the wedding, then she single again because her boyfriend is not coming back from Sicily and left her?)

Hi!

I know these are old news, but as i'm new to the forum i'd like to comment them (hope you don't mind)...

• 10th floor remodelation is for Eva, but not to her foundation. She even has not the thought of it when she goes there with Gideon. I think it is for a new company in the universe of Cross Industries: Cross & Garrity Advertising.  (A Cross invest, where Garrity is a senior -is a junior at present- mentoring Eva for a while, who became first junior and partner later as a senior too). And why not, this is Eva's 2nd wedding gift from Gideon: Working by herserf with her coworkers, as she prefers, but also to a Cross company as Gideon would like to.
  • I'm also on Clancy on the bracelet subjetc. All the things spoken between Eva and him takes us there. The payback Gideon is expecting to be requested is not going to happen, but Gid will pay Clancy's and his brother help by hiring Clancy's brother as safety/driver when he'll left FBI, once Angus will retire.
  • And pleaseee... I want Arnoldo and Shwana together!!! (maybe meeting and starting their history at the wedding, then she single again because her boyfriend is not coming back from Sicily and left her?)

Hi Gaia

I am sort of a newbie too but I probably post alot.

Your list reminded me, I forgot Arnoldo on my list of "Unfinished" posted earlier today.

You put more detail on your ideas but they are some on the contexts under my simpler outline.

I thought Clancy could be more involved in the bracelet until I thought about his family.  That would be a significant risk for a man with a wife.  Eva did say he took orders from Stanton and Stanton would do anything for Monica but I would bet on Angus or Raoul to be looking out for Gideon.

*******Plot Twist*******

Chris Sr is behind the bracelet.  He discovers Dr. Terrence's betrayal, follows Gideon and tries to protect him.......I know it's a stretch but that is the fun of the forum until publication day

That may just be a plot twist in one of the upcoming books.  I really hope it doesn't happen though.  :(

Hi!

Great list Gaia and welcome to the forum!  :)

Your suggestion of Cross and Garrity is an interesting one.  It is intriguing!  I also really like your idea of Shawna and Arnoldo!  Who knows maybe Shawna's boyfriend will have some kind of culinary accident with a "Cuisinart" and Arnoldo will reunite.  So many scenarios to chose from.  Each one of them more delicious than the one before.  :)

Hi jeanmarie.

I think Eva will be kidnapped. Possible ending on a huge cliffhanger at the end of CBY. Sylvia has written many times about tracking devices. In her watch Monica gave her, and compact by Clancy. These have all been removed, with the exception of her phone, which Gideon gave her. Hence his comments "I will always find you Angel"

Everything is written for a reason. Some are red flags or red herrings to keep us guessing. Makes for intriguing reading.

Sylvia's cliff hangers have always been subtle, I'm going huge on the last book. :)

Hi jeanmarie.

I think Eva will be kidnapped. Possible ending on a huge cliffhanger at the end of CBY. Sylvia has written many times about tracking devices. In her watch Monica gave her, and compact by Clancy. These have all been removed, with the exception of her phone, which Gideon gave her. Hence his comments "I will always find you Angel"

Everything is written for a reason. Some are red flags or red herrings to keep us guessing. Makes for intriguing reading.

Sylvia's cliff hangers have always been subtle, I'm going huge on the last book. :)

Do you think Book 4 and 5 will be released together like 1 and 2?

*******Plot Twist*******

Chris Sr is behind the bracelet.  He discovers Dr. Terrence's betrayal, follows Gideon and tries to protect him.......I know it's a stretch but that is the fun of the forum until publication day

Betty, that would be a real twist! Sooo good i'm gonna call it " A Twist and Shout from Vidal Records"

As you say that's the fun of the forum. Here we are, madly plotting and having fun.... when only Sylvia knows for real