"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've mentioned this before. Do you think she is still seeing a shrink? Her behaviour is a bit erratic. I think she is.

Personally I don't think Liz thinks there is anything wrong with her.  When I asked Sylvia why Liz is the way she is she told me that she believes if she says everything is ok it really is OK. 

I made a comment earlier about the confrontation near the end of EWY between Eva and Lizzie about the ring and I thoight that happened because Luzzie thought Gideon took the ring for Corinne and she was surprised when Eva showed up with it. This was after the hospital as someone pointed out. I still maintain that Gideon asked mom for the ring when everyone thought Gideon and Corinne were an item. Lizzie called Gideon from the hospital and even JFG complained that you would think Gideonwas the hubby. Lizzie still thought thee was hope for Gideon and Corinne, not realizing or wanting to realize how 'together' GidEva were. That is why she went off on Eva at the dinner when she saw Eva with 'her' ring. I am not sure of the comment about you are not taking him away from me. Would not think Lizzie had much control over Gideon. Has me puzzled???

I think under the topic of "Mothers and Fathers", I mentioned and others concurred, all of Gideon's women friends look like his mother and she is the only person other then Eva who has been to his home. Gideon also told Eva the reason he saved Vidal Records was to prevent financial hardship for his mother. His mother is the only one he says "did not love him enough." but when he was in trouble he went to her for help. She would appear to be a strong influence in his life.

I agreed with you about Elizabeth expecting the ring was for Corinne based on Gideon's behavior, past and present. I think that is why she called him to the hospital. I do not think she expected to see Eva. Only Giroux was not surprised.

Eva attacked Elizabeth first at the restaurant. Elizabeth was surprised that Gideon had told Eva about his alleged abuse. He had never shared that before. When Eva stood up to her regarding the ring, Elizabeth felt threatened.

I think under the topic of "Mothers and Fathers", I mentioned and others concurred, all of Gideon's women friends look like his mother and she is the only person other then Eva who has been to his home. Gideon also told Eva the reason he saved Vidal Records was to prevent financial hardship for his mother. His mother is the only one he says "did not love him enough." but when he was in trouble he went to her for help. She would appear to be a strong influence in his life.

I agreed with you about Elizabeth expecting the ring was for Corinne based on Gideon's behavior, past and present. I think that is why she called him to the hospital. I do not think she expected to see Eva. Only Giroux was not surprised.

Eva attacked Elizabeth first at the restaurant. Elizabeth was surprised that Gideon had told Eva about his alleged abuse. He had never shared that before. When Eva stood up to her regarding the ring, Elizabeth felt threatened.

Have you ladies gone through the old posts.

We had some very intense discussions about these topics. They make interesting reads. Just a thought. :)

What will it take for her to see the truth then?

Her son broken. The only person Gideon feels he can be himself in front of is Eva. Gideon told his mother what was happening to him when he was younger and she didn't believe him. Since that time he has never let her see the real him again. shame.

I am confused what did you mean by (but when he was in trouble he went to her for help)  maybe I forgot something!!  :(

When did he go to his mother for help?

As a child he told her about his abuse, and she didn't believe him. Why would he trust her ever again. She is partly responsible for his demons.

Her son broken. The only person Gideon feels he can be himself in front of is Eva. Gideon told his mother what was happening to him when he was younger and she didn't believe him. Since that time he has never let her see the real him again. ###### shame.

Your right. I think we are going to see a very broken Gideon. I hope she can live with the quilt.

Have you ladies gone through the old posts.

We had some very intense discussions about these topics. They make interesting reads. Just a thought. :)

Hard to go back because there is so much. Sorry to be redundant

When did he go to his mother for help?

As a child he told her about his abuse, and she didn't believe him. Why would he trust her ever again. She is partly responsible for his demons.

I was referring to when he was abused. He asked his mother to help him and as you mentioned she did not believe him and that most certainly lead to many of his demons.

Gideon has never told Eva to stay away from his mother. Whether he should or should not, he turns to her repeatedly.....his apartment, wanting know what Eva thought of Elizabeth, saving Vidal Records and the ultimate, wanting the love of his life to have the engagement ring that belong to his mother. The man has serious issues regarding Elizabeth.

I was referring to when he was abused. He asked his mother to help him and as you mentioned she did not believe him and that most certainly lead to many of his demons.

His mother basically cut him adrift. Abandoned him, didn't protect him or believe him. Too wrapped up in her own world to see what was happening to her poor defenceless child. At least Monica believed Eva, and acted on it.

Yes he went to her for help because she's his mother!! She was the person in his life that was supposed to look out for him. She could have had an influence on him but seeing how he interacts with her it looks like a negative influence. Any child goes to their parents for help, even if they don't have a strong relationship. She was supposed to protect him but didn't. That's where she fell short. 

Maybe when Eva gets Liz and Gideon together.  She said the next time he tells you what happen you will listen and believe him.  I wonder if she can get Liz to Dr. Petersen's for the confrontation.

Yes he went to her for help because she's his mother!! She was the person in his life that was supposed to look out for him. She could have had an influence on him but seeing how he interacts with her it looks like a negative influence. Any child goes to their parents for help, even if they don't have a strong relationship. She was supposed to protect him but didn't. That's where she fell short.

Ladies, I would like Angus to be present at this meeting, and given freedom of speech by Gideon. Go Angus!

His mother basically cut him adrift. Abandoned him, didn't protect him or believe him. Too wrapped up in her own world to see what was happening to her poor defenceless child. At least Monica believed Eva, and acted on it.

We are in agreement

The replay was for Avid_reader

Gideon has never told Eva to stay away from his mother. Whether he should or should not, he turns to her repeatedly.....his apartment, wanting know what Eva thought of Elizabeth, saving Vidal Records and the ultimate, wanting the love of his life to have the engagement ring that belong to his mother. The man has serious issues regarding Elizabeth.