"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

We are in agreement

The replay was for Avid_reader

Gideon has never told Eva to stay away from his mother. Whether he should or should not, he turns to her repeatedly.....his apartment, wanting know what Eva thought of Elizabeth, saving Vidal Records and the ultimate, wanting the love of his life to have the engagement ring that belong to his mother. The man has serious issues regarding Elizabeth.

He is a little boy just wanting his mother to love him. Simple as that.

If she had done her job properly in the first place giving him unconditional love, he would be in a better place now.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Betty, that would be a real twist! Sooo good i'm gonna call it " A Twist and Shout from Vidal Records"

As you say that's the fun of the forum. Here we are, madly plotting and having fun.... when only Sylvia knows for real

From all the information we have in the 3 books so far, no one in Vidal family knows of Nathan or Eva's past.  So whoever has the bracelet is tied to Eva/Gideon/Monica/Stanton and did it to protect Gideon & Eva's future.  

From all the information we have in the 3 books so far, no one in Vidal family knows of Nathan or Eva's past. So whoever has the bracelet is tied to Eva/Gideon/Monica/Stanton and did it to protect Gideon & Eva's future.

Ireland knows. She was there when the cops came to talk about Nathan.she could have innocently let it slip to Chris jnr.

From all the information we have in the 3 books so far, no one in Vidal family knows of Nathan or Eva's past.  So whoever has the bracelet is tied to Eva/Gideon/Monica/Stanton and did it to protect Gideon & Eva's future.  

I mostly agree with you. To me, this issue is on Clancy and his brother, as he does´t consider Eva just a job. Eva was being tracked, so he knew she was at Dr. Petersen's and on the while maybe he was on survelliance mode over Nathan, saw Gideon, later checked and took the bracelet & photos to his brother (or something similar).

I was just having fun with Betty's twist, and as it includes Chris Vidal, from Vidal Records, it reminded me The Beatles old song "Twist and Shout" and so I named her twist... as a song related to a records label.

I mostly agree with you. To me, this issue is on Clancy and his brother, as he does´t consider Eva just a job. Eva was being tracked, so he knew she was at Dr. Petersen's and on the while maybe he was on survelliance mode over Nathan, saw Gideon, later checked and took the bracelet & photos to his brother (or something similar).

I was just having fun with Betty's twist, and as it includes Chris Vidal, from Vidal Records, it reminded me The Beatles old song "Twist and Shout" and so I named her twist... as a song related to a records label.

Agree about Clancy - I consider Clancy part of the Monica/Staton connection 

Hi jeanmarie.

I think Eva will be kidnapped. Possible ending on a huge cliffhanger at the end of CBY. Sylvia has written many times about tracking devices. In her watch Monica gave her, and compact by Clancy. These have all been removed, with the exception of her phone, which Gideon gave her. Hence his comments "I will always find you Angel"

Everything is written for a reason. Some are red flags or red herrings to keep us guessing. Makes for intriguing reading.

Sylvia's cliff hangers have always been subtle, I'm going huge on the last book. :)

Do you think Book 4 and 5 will be released together like 1 and 2?

I think that you may be onto something Julie.  It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Eva was kidnapped...I don't know how much my heart could take having to wait to see how Eva's rescue comes about.  The waiting between the books has been really challenging and I think that given a scenario like that, it would be pure torture! 

Sscrph, don't even tease about Book 4 and 5 being released together...:D 

I would absolutely love for both books to be released!  It would certainly ease the "waiting".  :)

I agree with you GLH. It's all about the money...profits for the publishing company. Sylvia deserves all the success she receives but I deeply resent being played here by the publishing house because we are such devoted fans of her writing!

Hi Dgcaffeine & Ladies,

Has the publishing firm been decided upon?  It was my understanding that there were issues from the last publication that may or may not have caused Sylvia to consider another publishing firm.  I could be wrong, but I thought that was one of the reasons for the hold up.

Does anyone have any information that they could share?  Thanks in advance.  :)

Thought I was totally crazy, but seeing I'm not the only one!!!

First I read the books in Spanish when a friend of mine forgave her kindle at my home, and, as she was going to be out for a fortnight, she allowed me to read them (that was June this year)

As some paragraphs hadn't sense, I got my own ebooks this July-August in English, to see what was I missing and to read not formal English (and also to realise how poor the translation into Spanish is). I've read them 5 times at least, while waiting for CBY.

My husband, seing me reading the books once and again, wanted to read them too (yep, that's true!), so we decided to buy paperbacks in Catalan as we're both bilingual Catalan-Spanish and he doesn't like ebooks. Of course, I read them again.... let's say just to check the translation into Catalan (@Sylvia: it's even worse than the one into Spanish, sugarcoated, for not saying half censored, not writing examples 'cause this is a forum, but sure it would not be a bad thing to contact your publishers here and tell them to improve both translations from now on, you're losing sales!)

And I don't have the audios (which I'd like very much) 'cause my economy is yelling "stop buying erotic romance... now!!!" Waiting for CBY, I've also read the Fifty Shades and the Avalon trilogies, Gabriel's, the Beautiful series, Blood and Roses (where Gideon is named!) and Afterburn.

Before Crossfire Series I haven't read a romance book before (erotic or not), nor even when I was a teen, being as I am an avid reader since the age of 6. Never before!...and now, look at me, I'm one of the craziest!  I have Gideon and Eva' story in three diferent languages and two formats, and I'm not interested at present in any other kind of books... and Ms. Day is totally guilty for that!!! She's ruined me for other kind of books (at least, for now) and I'm madly waiting for CBY and Aftershock.... dear lady, that's not fair!  ;-)

Ahhh Gaia,

You have been bitten by the "Crossfire Bug" as well!  I don't think that there is a cure for any of us!  I am not sure that we would want one even if there was one.  :D

I made a comment earlier about the confrontation near the end of EWY between Eva and Lizzie about the ring and I thoight that happened because Luzzie thought Gideon took the ring for Corinne and she was surprised when Eva showed up with it. This was after the hospital as someone pointed out. I still maintain that Gideon asked mom for the ring when everyone thought Gideon and Corinne were an item. Lizzie called Gideon from the hospital and even JFG complained that you would think Gideonwas the hubby. Lizzie still thought thee was hope for Gideon and Corinne, not realizing or wanting to realize how 'together' GidEva were. That is why she went off on Eva at the dinner when she saw Eva with 'her' ring. I am not sure of the comment about you are not taking him away from me. Would not think Lizzie had much control over Gideon. Has me puzzled???

I had said months ago that there was a possibility that Gideon tracked down that ring since in all likelihood with the money that Geoffrey had scammed from people most of their stuff would have been seized and sold at public auction to recoup losses. I am not sure what type of relationship Lizzie thinks she has with Gideon, but clearly the woman is delusional.

Hi Avid Reader & Kirsten,

That seems to be the million dollar question:  Was Elizabeth Vidal blind-sided because she gave the ring to Gideon thinking that it would be going to Corinne or was she blind-sided because she knew that the ring had been seized and sold years before to recoop looses from her hubbies' criminal actions?    I hope the next book addresses this issue. 

Personally I don't think Liz thinks there is anything wrong with her.  When I asked Sylvia why Liz is the way she is she told me that she believes if she says everything is ok it really is OK. 

Hi Sharon,

If that is the case then when Elizabeth Vidal realizes just what a mess she created by sticking her head in the sand (i.e. by not believing her son), I don't think that she is going to be ok and will probably need serious therapy.

Maybe when Eva gets Liz and Gideon together.  She said the next time he tells you what happen you will listen and believe him.  I wonder if she can get Liz to Dr. Petersen's for the confrontation.

Really good idea Sharon!  Now who's got the tranquilizer gun?  I can't see Elizabeth Vidal going anywhere voluntarily to "help Gideon with his problems" if she suspects for even one second that she is the one who is going to be ambushed. 

Hi Dgcaffeine & Ladies,

Has the publishing firm been decided upon?  It was my understanding that there were issues from the last publication that may or may not have caused Sylvia to consider another publishing firm.  I could be wrong, but I thought that was one of the reasons for the hold up.

Does anyone have any information that they could share?  Thanks in advance.  :)

Hi Gigi--

I do believe that from what I have been reading on fb from Sylvia that the publisher has the book.  Has had the book.  She doesn't know when they will release it which is what leads me to believe that it is the same publisher that has all her work.  Except for a couple of things, all of the rereleases have been from much older things she did including when she wrote under a different name and with other people.  So, that is why I have been saying that the publisher is trying to get all the bucks they can while she is so hot.  I don't think Sylvia is any happier than we are with the delay.  Yes, it is money in her pocket but I think she is much more invested in CROSSFIRE now.  

God, I hope there is not too much more angst in 4 and 5.  We need resolutions and not more problems.  That being said, the kidnapping idea is a real possibility.

Here is another thought.  I am so not trusting of Brett.  Could he have totally known about the se x tape?  Could the whole courting of Eva been to further Six Ninths?  After so many years, he decides he wants her again?  The timing seems very convenient.

Ireland knows. She was there when the cops came to talk about Nathan.she could have innocently let it slip to Chris jnr.

Your right but she only knew that Eva's step brother was dead.  It would take more time for Chris to investigate and get the bracelet.  The bracelet was missing from Nathans wrist when Graves came to Eva's house.  Whoever took the bracelet got it to plant before the body was found and before Ireland knew anything too.

Hi Gigi--

I do believe that from what I have been reading on fb from Sylvia that the publisher has the book.  Has had the book.  She doesn't know when they will release it which is what leads me to believe that it is the same publisher that has all her work.  Except for a couple of things, all of the rereleases have been from much older things she did including when she wrote under a different name and with other people.  So, that is why I have been saying that the publisher is trying to get all the bucks they can while she is so hot.  I don't think Sylvia is any happier than we are with the delay.  Yes, it is money in her pocket but I think she is much more invested in CROSSFIRE now.  

God, I hope there is not too much more angst in 4 and 5.  We need resolutions and not more problems.  That being said, the kidnapping idea is a real possibility.

Here is another thought.  I am so not trusting of Brett.  Could he have totally known about the se x tape?  Could the whole courting of Eva been to further Six Ninths?  After so many years, he decides he wants her again?  The timing seems very convenient.

I tired looking up Penguin online yest to see how to contact them about this. I don't know, maybe we can do a petition of some sort? Who was going to start that for EWY? lol...I'm sure Sylvia is very frustrated b/c CBY is done, and book 5 probably is too. I mean, there isn't even a cover release yet and it s supposed to be out by the end of the year!  I guess she doesn't want to give anything and make us fans more frantic lol. I'd love a snippet though!

I agree....no more angst...Answers are good, and good times. Lots of good time :)

I'm on the fence w/ Brett now too. I'd like to think he doesn't know about the tape, b/c that would be horrible if he did. Hopefully it doesn't get released, and Deanna redeems herself by helping out w/ that. Maybe a Deanna/Brett hook up will happen? Chris Jr. was excited about the Brett/Eva connection. $$$ in his eyes w/ that!

I was thinking about the Megumi/Michael/Christopher connection. It crossed my mind also about them being the same person, but Megumi is  a gossip, so she knows who Gideon is, wouldn't she also know about his family? Pictures online etc? So, maybe she know what Christopher looks like? So, maybe they're not the same person? I hope there's nothing seriously wrong w/ her >don't need more drama!

Can't wait to read about Eva's dress:)

Your right but she only knew that Eva's step brother was dead.  It would take more time for Chris to investigate and get the bracelet.  The bracelet was missing from Nathans wrist when Graves came to Eva's house.  Whoever took the bracelet got it to plant before the body was found and before Ireland knew anything too.

I'm still going w/ Clancy taking the bracelet and planting it w/ the help of his brother. I'd prefer that someone who cares about Gid/Eva took care of that problem rather than having more drama and it being someone who is looking to take Gideon down. Clancy said himself he was tracking Nathan, so, I'm sure he saw Gideon going in and out of the hotel that night. I'd really like this to be the case. The question is how did the pictures get into the Russians home? Maybe Clancy's brother planted it there after his death when they went to investigate it? and also slipped the bracelet on his wrist?

Hi Gigi--

Hello GLH

I had the same bad feeling about Brett when Eva invites him for a drink after their dinner date at Arnoldo's (Reflected). He already saw himself well-off and cosy in Eva's apartment and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he were invoved in the s*x tape gate.