"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree.  Magdalene's mother is and old friends of Liz but you don't call just anyone when you child commits suicide.  Liz was at the hospital before Gideon & Eva arrived.  They have to be friends.

Im gona go the other way......Im thinking because Anne may have been called while she was in a session with Lizz . Because I know Anne has way too much involvement here on both sides. I mean yes they are friends everyone knows they were engaged

Im gona go the other way......Im thinking because Anne may have been called while she was in a session with Lizz . Because I know Anne has way too much involvement here on both sides. I mean yes they are friends everyone knows they were engaged

That's a thought if Anne is Liz's therapist but I don't subscribe to that theory.  Gideon would know and stop it.  IMO but there are many here who disagree with me.  This is one of those things that we need SD to reveal.  

Someone tweeted to Sylvia that they couldn't stand the wait until May 2014 for the next book and she tweeted back that it certainly wasn't going to be May 2014 and to please stop spreading rumors. LOL!!

Hiya.

I noticed on amazon that they published a date of 8th may 2014 for the release date. I mentioned it to Sheena. She asked Sylvia who said it was wrong. Next day the book had been removed. Someone screwed up on amazon UK.

I nearly died when I saw that date! I was like noooooooooo!

Am breathing again now. Phew!

But I didn't write it on here. :)

Yes, the AmazonUK posting was some weird glitch that I'm still confused about. How does something like that happen? In any case, here's Penguin's statement on the matter: http://po.st/l3RuYS

I think it is a combination of things. 

• Christopher is jealous.  Eva is a beautiful woman and, once again Gideon gets the prize.  It is obvious that even though Gideon, in the eyes of the world, treated Eva badly, she still loves him. 
  • Christopher wants the attention to be on Brett and Eva for marketing. 
  • Christopher hates that he has to get approval from Gideon to make decisions at Vidal Records.

In my opinion Christopher hovers at the top of the list along with JFG for being a recipient of Eva's Krav Maga skills. At some point the jealousy after all these years is going to become too much for Christopher to bear and he's going to want to lash out at Gideon so he will through Eva. Gideon has warned Eva more than once about Christopher and actually after re reading BTY for the thousandth time LOL I was wondering if Gideon thought that Eva would succumb to Chris Jr that day at the garden party and that's way he raced out there to take her away... Anyway with all the attention being on Gideon due to the wedding, engagement etc Christopher's jealousy will be at an all time high.... :(. :(

Good point.  I thought that Liz was pulling for Corrine because she was friends with her parents.

I agree with this jls Lizzie did originally like Eva and as a matter of fact was shocked that Gideon revealed some of his past. I think Gideon's whole family realizes that the ICEMAN thawed a bit for Eva...

In my opinion Christopher hovers at the top of the list along with JFG for being a recipient of Eva's Krav Maga skills. At some point the jealousy after all these years is going to become too much for Christopher to bear and he's going to want to lash out at Gideon so he will through Eva. Gideon has warned Eva more than once about Christopher and actually after re reading BTY for the thousandth time LOL I was wondering if Gideon thought that Eva would succumb to Chris Jr that day at the garden party and that's way he raced out there to take her away... Anyway with all the attention being on Gideon due to the wedding, engagement etc Christopher's jealousy will be at an all time high.... :(. :(

I agree.  It sounds like Christopher is a charmer but very insincere.  He will use anyone at the drop of the hat like Magdalena. 

I expect Brett to walk into Eva's Krav Maga space and I'm going to cheer when he does.  I won't be upset if Christopher gets a good jab too.

Ireland knows. She was there when the cops came to talk about Nathan.she could have innocently let it slip to Chris jnr.

That is true she heard the NYPD question E & G about knowing Nathan, but whoever took that bracelet took immediately after G stabbed him - way before the body was found.  If CV Jr was curious enough he might look into the matter further, but think he would need an insider in NYPD to have access to any details from Nathan's past.

Your right but she only knew that Eva's step brother was dead.  It would take more time for Chris to investigate and get the bracelet.  The bracelet was missing from Nathans wrist when Graves came to Eva's house.  Whoever took the bracelet got it to plant before the body was found and before Ireland knew anything too.

I agree - just posted something similar :)

GiGi,  They know who Gideon is.  "Brett's bandmates pushed in through the growing crowd around the front of the buses, prepared to brawl...until they saw who Brett was fighting with--the man with the money behind their record label."

I think it is a combination of things. 

• Christopher is jealous.  Eva is a beautiful woman and, once again Gideon gets the prize.  It is obvious that even though Gideon, in the eyes of the world, treated Eva badly, she still loves him. 
  • Christopher wants the attention to be on Brett and Eva for marketing. 
  • Christopher hates that he has to get approval from Gideon to make decisions at Vidal Records.

HI Sharon,

You are absolutely correct.  Brett's bandmates knew exactly who Gideon was/is.  What I found interesting was that Brett's band got signed to Vidal Records in the first place.  I never seem to think that anything is purely coincidence when it comes to Sylvia and her exceptional writing.

I have no doubt that Brett and his bandmates are very good at what they do (they would have to be in order to score a record deal), it just almost seems like we as the reader are only seeing one layer to a multi-layered scenario.  I could be wrong but who knows...now we wait....

Your comments about Christopher Jr. always being second best and never in command are spot on.  :)