"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks gals ! I had hoped that Sylvia would have given us a snippet or a release date as a birthday surprise for me!!!!!!

birthday-cake-candle.gif Happy Birthday Shaz!!

WoW!!

I just read that, posted 25 days ago on Sylvia's website here http://www.sylviaday.com/2013/09/14/captivated-treat-1/ :

"Sylvia had said on another page that we haven't seen the last of Corinne"

So, related to the cover copy Sylvia posted...

.../..."The vows we'd exchanged should have bound us tighter than blood and flesh. Instead they opened old wounds, exposed pain and insecurities, and lured bitter enemies out of the shadows. I felt him slipping from my grasp, my greatest fears becoming my reality, my love tested in ways I wasn’t sure I was strong enough to bear." .../...

Is CBY's major issue Geoffrey' suicide awakening in Gideon's mind after Corinne's attempt and miscarriage? Corinne threatening Gideon on a new attempt up-front while he's feeling "cursed"? Christopher supporting Lizzie while she supports Corinne instead of supporting her own son (again) just to try to put Eva out of the scene? Gideon's brain a mess 'cause he just can't afford another suicide or attempt around him after his father's, Hugh's and Corinne's? Corinne trying to take profit of Gideon's guilt to tie him to her though she must know he's engaged (but not he's married and even so she doesn't mind)? Eva trying to put sense on him, again and again, telling him than none of them were his fault? Eva and Giroux working together to find out the root of this issue, which finally is Anne?

OMG!, The messed brain now is mine! Any thoughts? Anyone else wants to send that b*tch properly packed back to France and never see her again?

Gaia, that's proubly what she means by "my love was being tested in ways I wasn't sure I was srong enough to bear"..its all coming back to him and he's closing off and has conflicted feelings withCoreinne..that's why she feels he is slipping from her ..But didn't Sylvia say Eva is in a good place now and is strong enogh to help Gideon now (not exact words) the love they have will over come in the end right. .. HEA!!!!

Sylvia posted something on FB that is a quote from a famous author.  Cannot bring it over.  Anyway, the quote was something like 10 years from now no one will remember how long that waited for the book to come out, but how good it was when it did.  Maybe someone can bring it but I kind of thought she was telling us just be patient.  Easy for her to say.  She knows how it goes.  ;-)

Sylvia posted something on FB that is a quote from a famous author.  Cannot bring it over.  Anyway, the quote was something like 10 years from now no one will remember how long that waited for the book to come out, but how good it was when it did.  Maybe someone can bring it but I kind of thought she was telling us just be patient.  Easy for her to say.  She knows how it goes.  ;-)

1381702_630399027012738_764577317_n.jpg

Hello Ladies! I just came across the post GLH has mentioned... here it is!!

He's the author of the Game of Thrones Series, if I remember well.

:)

I don't understand something.. If she wrote the book it makes it hers.. so why is she saying she cant give us any snippets because the publisher told her not to

Because once you sign with a publisher, they have the right to decide when it is published, how it is published, and what you as the author can use to promote the book.  It is all in the contract.  It is like a song writer when he/she sells a song.  They do not have the right to tell the singer how to sing their song.  How to arrange it.  When the song will be released.  It is annoying to me but that is how it works.