"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about this outfit for Eva....professional in the fall

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/michael-kors-tweed-pencil-skirt/3554850?origin=PredictiveSearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=60140555&fashionColor=&resultback=257&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_3_C

Ok....why don't my pics paste on here? I get a blank box :(

Hi Nathalia:

To insert a pic, first you have to click on the image icon (just below the smiley) and then insert the image url (not the web site url). Hope it helps.

Here's your skirt

_8097315.jpg

Gideon would love for Eva to wear this skirt...I doubt he'd survive the drive into work without buzzing Angus to "drive until I say otherwise"!!!

How about this outfit for Eva....professional in the fall

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/michael-kors-tweed-pencil-skirt/3554850?origin=PredictiveSearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=60140555&fashionColor=&resultback=257&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_3_C

Ok....why don't my pics paste on here? I get a blank box :(

That zipper makes it easy for Gideon to get her out of it in a pinch!!

1383780_10151707183543457_255795437_n.jp

Sylvia posted this earlier this evening on Facebook for anyone that does not have access to Facebook.....

Not sure what it means....maybe cover reveal...!!!   :)

Maybe it is the book????

Sylvia just posted about Seven Years To Sin releasing in paperback.....maybe that's what this book is ? :( It was a very good book tho

Sylvia just posted about Seven Years To Sin releasing in paperback.....maybe that's what this book is ? :( It was a very good book tho

I think there's some confusion. This isn't a book, it's a name badge and lanyard from a convention I attended (you can see the silver hook that connects the neck rope at the top of the image). This is just a simple, "Have a nice weekend!" image, with no hidden meaning or tease about it. :)

I think there's some confusion. This isn't a book, it's a name badge and lanyard from a convention I attended (you can see the silver hook that connects the neck rope at the top of the image). This is just a simple, "Have a nice weekend!" image, with no hidden meaning or tease about it. :)

We are so desperate for Gideon and Eva that we see things that aren't there!!  :)

OK, I'm new, so bear with me. I want to throw out theories Deena might be one of the " .... bitter enemies out of the shadows ..." hinted at on the back cover of Captivated By You, the enemies lured out into the open by Gideon's love for Eva. Unlike other "brunette threats" that tried to end the relationship, Deena doesn't love Gideon, so "winning" isn't getting Gideon - it's getting even.

She was bent on revenge even though she's still hot for him. I think she hates him for treating her like a w h o r e (her word) during their one night stand at the f-pad. We don't know how long ago the one night stand happened, only that it must have happened before early June, when he met Eva.

In June, he made sure everyone knew Eva was his serious girlfriend. Deanna thought he did it just to make Corrine jealous. In July, he and his ex-fiancée were "back together." Is that what finally set Deanna off by mid-summer, the thought of him getting married? So Deanna hatched a revenge plot to paint Gideon as a violent abuser?

In early August, Deena ambushed Eva, and we know all the awful things Deena said. Though we don't know what Deena said to Magdalene, we know Deena went after that "ex" too. Deanna had no way of knowing Magdalene and Gideon were strictly platonic - she probably thought Magdalene had been a full-fledged girlfriend he cheated on all the time and then dumped for Eva. We also know Deena went after Corrine, showing Corrine pictures from Times Square proving Gideon was reconnecting with Eva.

By the end of Entwined With You, Gideon got lulled into a sense of security about Deena. He believed Deena accepted his apology. He felt she did him a favor by warning him about the sex tape, but I think the real reason she told him was to try to get him to reject Eva. Finally, when he told Deanna he was going to marry Eva, he thought he'd neutralized Deena with the promise of money Deena could make with exclusive access to his wedding pictures.

He thinks he's got Deanna under control. Does he? Or is Deanna still plotting and soon is going to go nuts when she finds out Gideon already secretly married Eva? Maybe Deanna would get so mad the money won't matter anymore. Revenge would be to hurt Gideon by tabloid stories his socialite wife used to be a Brett Kline groupie. Even though Gideon made sure the actual video footage itself never gets out, the fact remains it exists, and Deanna is among the people who knows it.

So is Deanna now plotting revenge by reporting about the sex tape herself or leaking the story to some sleazy journalists she knows? In Bared To You, Gideon said he would destroy any reporter who hurt Eva. Would he destroy Deena? Or would "new Gideon" changed for the better by Eva's love rise above it?

... Ok in re playing CBY(audio book) for the 50th X :0).. There is something that I don't get.. In chapter 6 when Eva and Monica are at lunch.. Eva says.. ( to herself) ... She(Monica) had been an Ali in convincing Victor of Gideon's affection for her(Eva).. I was so wrapped up in the story I never really grabbed on to that.... Did I miss something? I thought Monica made sure that as soon as Eva was old enough to communicate with Victor on her own she had had NO contact???

I have always felt Deanna is a major problem. hath no fury....... She is angry and smart. Bad combo. She is out for revenge. Why, I don't get. As I said a while ago, we all have had a one night stand go bad. There is something else we don't know. Gideon didn't get his billions by being a sucker so I think he knows what he's doing. He messes up with Eva cause of emotions. But I don't remember him messing up with others.

Hi hotreads (and welcome!), GLH

I believe Deanna is not as controlled as Gideon thinks, but if she dares to hurt Eva making public something big, take for granted Gideon will destroy her... and she knows -because she's smart enough- she'll never win a war like that. BTW, the only place I want to see Deanna is giving Gia information about Jax and his relatives (Afterburn/Aftershock), not messing around here.

I think the bitter enemy out of shadows is Corinne. Inestable, bringing back Geoffrey's suicide with her attempt, and in a too good relation with Lizzie.

The back cover text does say "... lured bitter enemies out of the shadows." That's past tense, so I think it means that now, all the people from the past triggered by Gideon and Eva falling in love have crept out of the woodwork, and the last two books will deal with how Gideon and Eva fend them off and reach happily ever after. The people who have/had it in for Eva, for Gideon, or for both of them, cropped up in the story in this order, if I remember right, and correct me if I missed any one.

Bared To You

Christopher Jr. (for Gideon)

Magdalene (for Eva, but not any more I think)

Corrine (for Eva)

Terry Lucas (for Gideon at first and for Eva too after she threatened him)

Reflected In You

Nathan (he showed up and had it in for both of them)

Brett (for Gideon)

Victor (for Gideon when he thought he was a cheater, but not any more)

Detective Graves (maybe for Gideon? Maybe now for Eva too? Still not sure)

Entwined With You

Deanna (mainly for Gideon but maybe now for Eva too)

Someone in the Russian mob (maybe for blackmail?)

Jean-Francois (for Gideon)

The guy who made the sex tape (for Gideon and Eva)

Elizabeth (for Eva)

Anne Lucas (for Gideon and probably now for Eva too)

Ok thank you for letting us know! We are just so excited :)

... Ok in re playing CBY(audio book) for the 50th X :0).. There is something that I don't get.. In chapter 6 when Eva and Monica are at lunch.. Eva says.. ( to herself) ... She(Monica) had been an Ali in convincing Victor of Gideon's affection for her(Eva).. I was so wrapped up in the story I never really grabbed on to that.... Did I miss something? I thought Monica made sure that as soon as Eva was old enough to communicate with Victor on her own she had had NO contact???

Hmm.....idk about this. I don't remember reading that Monica and Victor communicated recently, except for the incident at Eva's place.

I have always felt Deanna is a major problem. ###### hath no fury....... She is angry and smart. Bad combo. She is out for revenge. Why, I don't get. As I said a while ago, we all have had a one night stand go bad. There is something else we don't know. Gideon didn't get his billions by being a sucker so I think he knows what he's doing. He messes up with Eva cause of emotions. But I don't remember him messing up with others.

Ugh...Idk why she's so obsessed too. Like l said before, what did she expect going home with someone who had only 'spoken a few words' to before they left.?  I think there might be more to the story too....although I'd like to think that Gideon was honest w/ Eva.

Hi hotreads (and welcome!), GLH

I believe Deanna is not as controlled as Gideon thinks, but if she dares to hurt Eva making public something big, take for granted Gideon will destroy her... and she knows -because she's smart enough- she'll never win a war like that. BTW, the only place I want to see Deanna is giving Gia information about Jax and his relatives (Afterburn/Aftershock), not messing around here.

I think the bitter enemy out of shadows is Corinne. Inestable, bringing back Geoffrey's suicide with her attempt, and in a too good relation with Lizzie.

Yes! No more Deanna! Only in Afterburn/Aftershock ( can't wait, couple more weeks)...hopefully she really is nice.

Corrine is def off the charts right now. Lets hope  she'll see the light and go back to France asap.

OK, I'm new, so bear with me. I want to throw out theories Deena might be one of the " .... bitter enemies out of the shadows ..." hinted at on the back cover of Captivated By You, the enemies lured out into the open by Gideon's love for Eva. Unlike other "brunette threats" that tried to end the relationship, Deena doesn't love Gideon, so "winning" isn't getting Gideon - it's getting even.

She was bent on revenge even though she's still hot for him. I think she hates him for treating her like a w h o r e (her word) during their one night stand at the f-pad. We don't know how long ago the one night stand happened, only that it must have happened before early June, when he met Eva.

In June, he made sure everyone knew Eva was his serious girlfriend. Deanna thought he did it just to make Corrine jealous. In July, he and his ex-fiancée were "back together." Is that what finally set Deanna off by mid-summer, the thought of him getting married? So Deanna hatched a revenge plot to paint Gideon as a violent abuser?

In early August, Deena ambushed Eva, and we know all the awful things Deena said. Though we don't know what Deena said to Magdalene, we know Deena went after that "ex" too. Deanna had no way of knowing Magdalene and Gideon were strictly platonic - she probably thought Magdalene had been a full-fledged girlfriend he cheated on all the time and then dumped for Eva. We also know Deena went after Corrine, showing Corrine pictures from Times Square proving Gideon was reconnecting with Eva.

By the end of Entwined With You, Gideon got lulled into a sense of security about Deena. He believed Deena accepted his apology. He felt she did him a favor by warning him about the sex tape, but I think the real reason she told him was to try to get him to reject Eva. Finally, when he told Deanna he was going to marry Eva, he thought he'd neutralized Deena with the promise of money Deena could make with exclusive access to his wedding pictures.

He thinks he's got Deanna under control. Does he? Or is Deanna still plotting and soon is going to go nuts when she finds out Gideon already secretly married Eva? Maybe Deanna would get so mad the money won't matter anymore. Revenge would be to hurt Gideon by tabloid stories his socialite wife used to be a Brett Kline groupie. Even though Gideon made sure the actual video footage itself never gets out, the fact remains it exists, and Deanna is among the people who knows it.

So is Deanna now plotting revenge by reporting about the sex tape herself or leaking the story to some sleazy journalists she knows? In Bared To You, Gideon said he would destroy any reporter who hurt Eva. Would he destroy Deena? Or would "new Gideon" changed for the better by Eva's love rise above it?

Hi Hotreads! Welcome. :)

I like your thinking. I was wondering how Deanna got the info on Gideon regarding the fight at Eva's place w/the Cary's 'buddy'. we know it probably would've been easy to find out about the fight w/ Brett b/c so many witnesses. She is sneaky. How did she get the info on the tape before Gideon? Who does she know? Maybe Christopher? I'm sure he knew somehow?

I hope doesn't go nuts, but recedes quietly after what I'm sure will be a big payday w/ the wedding pics etc.

But if she doesn't go away quietly, I'd like to see how Gideon will take her down lol.

Ok thank you for letting us know! We are just so excited :)

Hmm.....idk about this. I don't remember reading that Monica and Victor communicated recently, except for the incident at Eva's place.

Ugh...Idk why she's so obsessed too. Like l said before, what did she expect going home with someone who had only 'spoken a few words' to before they left.? I think there might be more to the story too....although I'd like to think that Gideon was honest w/ Eva.

Yes! No more Deanna! Only in Afterburn/Aftershock ( can't wait, couple more weeks)...hopefully she really is nice.

Corrine is def off the charts right now. Lets hope she'll see the light and go back to France asap.