"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

Ok thank you for letting us know! We are just so excited :)

Hmm.....idk about this. I don't remember reading that Monica and Victor communicated recently, except for the incident at Eva's place.

Ugh...Idk why she's so obsessed too. Like l said before, what did she expect going home with someone who had only 'spoken a few words' to before they left.? I think there might be more to the story too....although I'd like to think that Gideon was honest w/ Eva.

Yes! No more Deanna! Only in Afterburn/Aftershock ( can't wait, couple more weeks)...hopefully she really is nice.

Corrine is def off the charts right now. Lets hope she'll see the light and go back to France asap.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About Gideon and Deanna's past, I think he told Eva the whole truth about his side, which was it had been nothing more than a one-night-stand. Things changed as soon as he found out Deanna was going to try to make Eva collateral damage.  There probably is more going on in the background right now between Gideon and Deanna, new history, not old. New stuff he's trying to hide from Eva because he doesn't want Eva upset? Like maybe Deanna is digging around about Nathan and Gideon knows it? On Deana's side, I think she stayed obsessed the whole time, but what made her become a bunny-boiler was the former fiancée coming back. Even Eva went crazy when Corrine showed up.

What happens next when Deanna/Anne/Corrine learns the truth: Mrs. Eva Lauren Tramell Reyes Cross? I think Corrine already threw in the towel over the engagement news and is leaving New York the instant she gets out of the hospital. But not Deanna and Anne. They both turn bunny boiler?

Maybe Deanna becomes what Eva has feared for a decade, a journalist who exposes her dark past about Nathan? Ever since the first book, we knew Eva was afraid of that. And then it comes out Nathan got murdered, and so gossip starts speculating Eva had something to do with that?

What about Anne, when she finds out Gideon and Eva got married? A dangerous expert at mind games, because she's a shrink, Anne would know all the buttons to push with Eva, especially if Deanna already exposed Eva's past, raped as a child and promiscuous years later because of the damage. Plus there is new guilt to manipulate Gideon with about the miscarriage and suicide attempt? And does Anne know Gideon is a rape survivor too?

Can't wait to see how, or even if, Deanna helps out Gia in Aftershock. I wonder whether Deanna had a fling with Gia's brother? Maybe she just knows him in passing. Maybe Deanna goes only for filthy rich guys. Did she sleep with (or at least try to sleep with) Jax and/or his father sometime in the past? Did Deanna already have a dark history of pain and insecurity when it came to being used and rejected by powerful rich men long before she met Gideon? Is that the reason she can't get past being used/rejected by Gideon?

Maybe in some way, Deanna is like Eva used to be, before Dr. Travis helped Eva? Deanna thinks sex is the only way she can get love, but she subconsciously sets herself up for hurt and failure by picking the wrong men? Eva used to be a party girl on the prowl for bad boys guaranteed to use her sex. What if Deanna covers high society events so she can prowl for powerful men guaranteed to use her for sex? Maybe Deanna isn't evil, she's just a hot mess when it comes to men, and when Eva figures it out, she'll feel bad for Deanna. Hopefully, Deanna can get help like Eva and Cary did. Years ago, Brett had become Eva's wake-up call. Maybe Gideon turns into Deanna's wake-up call?

Hi ladies--

With all the stupid crap over the FSOG movie and the delays, I had a thought.  I am hoping that Sylvia's publisher--Penguin I think---doesn't make the same mistake of waiting too long to release CBY.  We on this board are a bit obsessed, yes I admit it.  But the average fan will tire of waiting.  Again, the reason FSOG was so big was you could go from one book to the next.  Fast.  The reason I got obsessed was I went from BTY right into the second book nonstop.  Got angry when Entwined took so long.  I know it has only been 5 months since but when people are really into characters, they don't want the wait.  If the book is done, then release it.  Makes no sense to me to wait.  Anyone who wanted Entwined got it already a LONG time ago.  Her tour is over.  They have released a ton of older books.  Let's get on with it already.  I see it with TV shows.  Everyone I knew watched Mad Men.  Then they took a long time between seasons and people stopped watching.  It may still get nominated for awards but not as many are watching.  I love G and E too much for that to happen.  Let that book out, Penguin.  End of rant.

I guess I have a different take on Deanna.  IMO she came after Gideon to get back at him for treating her so badly not because she can't handle a one-night stand.  She wanted to make him pay for treating her like nothing.  Deanna thought she found an ally with Eva because to all looking at the relationship, Gideon dumped her in a very public way.  

Deanna accepted Gideon's apology because she believes he was sincere.  I also think she like Eva and therefore let Gideon know that the video was up for grabs.  I'm not saying that Deanna isn't trying to turn Gideon's head, let's face it he's hot and wealthy.  After re-reading this several times, I want to believe that Deanna was giving Gideon more information about the video when Eva found her talking to him at the charity dinner. 

It would pay more in the long run if Deanna stays on Gideon's good side.  Gideon could be a good source for a freelance reporter in the future.  IMO Deanna is too smart not to use that connection.  If Deanna hurt Eva in anyway, she would be on Gideon's bad side.  My hope is that Deanna helps Gid/Eva fight the enemies. 

Good points about Deanna. Maybe she'll end up like Magdalene did, hostile to Eva at first but knowing when to give up. Magdalene was unafraid to attack Eva when she thought Gideon threw Eva onto the reject pile as soon as he'd slept with her. But Magdalene backed off when she figured out Gideon was in love with Eva, and she ultimately ended up on the side of Gid/Eva (love that name!) Deanna wasn't worried about hurting Eva when she thought Eva was part of the Dumped By Gideon Sisterhood. But Deanna might have a totally new outlook now that she knows  for certain Gideon is in love with Eva, especially because Gideon now is treating Deanna with respect. It'd be cool if Deanna turned out to be one of the "good guys/gals" like Magdalene did. But she needs to get her own boyfriend like Magdalene did. Gideon is property of Eva. Back off b.....

Let's see how nice or nasty Deanna is next month in Aftershock when Gia enlists her help. Too, I'm reserving judgment on Deanna until I see whether she feels guilty about her part in Corrine's suicide attempt (confronting Corrine with those photos of Gideon together with Eva in Times Square.) The overdose/miscarriage is serious tabloid dirt worth big bucks. A kinder, gentler Deanna would walk away. Dangerous Deanna would cash in.

not really the right thread, but I wanted to share something.....In my Entertainment Weekly magazine in the Bullseye section...this blurb

"Fifty Shades of Grey shocker:  Charlie Hunnam pulls out at the last minute-----something Christian Grey would never do!!"  this brought a smile to my face because it is oh so true!!   Hope this make everyone smile too  :)

About Gideon and Deanna's past, I think he told Eva the whole truth about his side, which was it had been nothing more than a one-night-stand. Things changed as soon as he found out Deanna was going to try to make Eva collateral damage.  There probably is more going on in the background right now between Gideon and Deanna, new history, not old. New stuff he's trying to hide from Eva because he doesn't want Eva upset? Like maybe Deanna is digging around about Nathan and Gideon knows it? On Deana's side, I think she stayed obsessed the whole time, but what made her become a bunny-boiler was the former fiancée coming back. Even Eva went crazy when Corrine showed up.

Hi Hotreads,

I read your comments and your theory is interesting.  It doesn't seem to fit however with Gideon's past history.  Gideon had bump & grind partners, not girlfriends.  He didn't remain attached to anyone sexually.  The only person that he made any attempts with was Corinne.

So if Deanna was a good or at least half decent reporter, she would have been privy to that information.  I think Deanna knew the score when she got together with Gideon. 

I am not sure how Deanna would have uncovered the whole Nathan thing.  Thus far, there isn't any connection between Eva and Nathan and no one knows to look for a connection between the two characters.  Do you have a theory as to how Deanna would have been tipped off about that connection?   

I guess I have a different take on Deanna.  IMO she came after Gideon to get back at him for treating her so badly not because she can't handle a one-night stand.  She wanted to make him pay for treating her like nothing.  Deanna thought she found an ally with Eva because to all looking at the relationship, Gideon dumped her in a very public way.  

Deanna accepted Gideon's apology because she believes he was sincere.  I also think she like Eva and therefore let Gideon know that the video was up for grabs.  I'm not saying that Deanna isn't trying to turn Gideon's head, let's face it he's hot and wealthy.  After re-reading this several times, I want to believe that Deanna was giving Gideon more information about the video when Eva found her talking to him at the charity dinner. 

It would pay more in the long run if Deanna stays on Gideon's good side.  Gideon could be a good source for a freelance reporter in the future.  IMO Deanna is too smart not to use that connection.  If Deanna hurt Eva in anyway, she would be on Gideon's bad side.  My hope is that Deanna helps Gid/Eva fight the enemies. 

Hi Sharon,

You make several good points and I agree with your observations. 

You also make several valid observations about Deanna and her future interests.  I get the sense that Gideon is well prepared for Deanna and any antics she may be planning (if infact she is planning any).  A man like Gideon didn't become one of the wealthiest men by not anticipating his enemies moves (i.e. old saying...keep your friends close and your enemies closer).

It wouldn't be in Deanna's best interest to cross Gideon (no pun intended), but if she is a complete whack-job she may just commit career suicide...now we wait for the next  book.  :)

not really the right thread, but I wanted to share something.....In my Entertainment Weekly magazine in the Bullseye section...this blurb

"Fifty Shades of Grey shocker:  Charlie Hunnam pulls out at the last minute-----something Christian Grey would never do!!"  this brought a smile to my face because it is oh so true!!   Hope this make everyone smile too  :)

You are too funny Jmhope. :)

Hi hotreads (and welcome!), GLH

I believe Deanna is not as controlled as Gideon thinks, but if she dares to hurt Eva making public something big, take for granted Gideon will destroy her... and she knows -because she's smart enough- she'll never win a war like that. BTW, the only place I want to see Deanna is giving Gia information about Jax and his relatives (Afterburn/Aftershock), not messing around here.

I think the bitter enemy out of shadows is Corinne. Inestable, bringing back Geoffrey's suicide with her attempt, and in a too good relation with Lizzie.

IMO I think the most bitter enemy of all is Anne Lucas...I think Corinne's precarious mental status at the moment will prevent her from doing further damage but her suicide attempt is damaging enough to GidEva and if JFG stays with his wife I would say that "bitter enemy" would be a perfect description for him...

I think there's some confusion. This isn't a book, it's a name badge and lanyard from a convention I attended (you can see the silver hook that connects the neck rope at the top of the image). This is just a simple, "Have a nice weekend!" image, with no hidden meaning or tease about it. :)

Thanks for the heads up SylviA!! Hope you had a nice trip !!

How about this outfit for Eva....professional in the fall

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/michael-kors-tweed-pencil-skirt/3554850?origin=PredictiveSearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=60140555&fashionColor=&resultback=257&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_3_C

I'm looking forward to reading about Eva's fall wardrobe in Captivated by you; with coats and jackets being worn it may take Gideon a few seconds longer to get Eva "beneath" him LOL

Ok....why don't my pics paste on here? I get a blank box :(

Hi everyone,just heard...British actor Jamie Dornan has now been inked to play CG in FSOG. We'll see if this guy sticks.

IMO I think the most bitter enemy of all is Anne Lucas...I think Corinne's precarious mental status at the moment will prevent her from doing further damage but her suicide attempt is damaging enough to GidEva and if JFG stays with his wife I would say that "bitter enemy" would be a perfect description for him...

I agree.  I think the most Corinne can do is make Gideon feel bad that she committed suicide.  He does have a conscience and knows he used her to get rid of Nathan.  Anne, however, can reveal Gideon's secrets.  I believe I posted before that it is difficult for men to admit they were abused because the stigma of being raped/abused is much worse for men & boys than girls.  I  can see Anne getting the information from her husband, if she doesn't know already, and making it public.  She won't think before she leaps.  It will be far worse for a doctor to reveal confidential information and she will pay in the long run but it will be embarrassing for Gideon. 

If you think about it...before Eva there was a "familiar safety of the lives".  Gideon told Eva there weren't any reports of violence by him.  Now all the one-night-stands see that Gideon is willing to try for more and they are coming out of the woodwork.  Now they have to "fight for a future that suddenly seemed an impossible and hopeless dream".   

Gideon is still dealing with the knowledge that he killed a man, even if Nathan was a bad person, that knowledge still triggered Gideon's nighmares.  That is another fight our couple will have to wage to get to their HEA.

I agree Sscrph.  Other than trying to "guilt" Gideon, I am not sure what else Anne could possibly do...You bring up a good point about Jean Francois, it will be interesting to see what role, if any, he will play in the storyline. 

I agree.  I think the most Corinne can do is make Gideon feel bad that she committed suicide.  He does have a conscience and knows he used her to get rid of Nathan.  Anne, however, can reveal Gideon's secrets.  I believe I posted before that it is difficult for men to admit they were abused because the stigma of being raped/abused is much worse for men & boys than girls.  I  can see Anne getting the information from her husband, if she doesn't know already, and making it public.  She won't think before she leaps.  It will be far worse for a doctor to reveal confidential information and she will pay in the long run but it will be embarrassing for Gideon. 

If you think about it...before Eva there was a "familiar safety of the lives".  Gideon told Eva there weren't any reports of violence by him.  Now all the one-night-stands see that Gideon is willing to try for more and they are coming out of the woodwork.  Now they have to "fight for a future that suddenly seemed an impossible and hopeless dream".   

Gideon is still dealing with the knowledge that he killed a man, even if Nathan was a bad person, that knowledge still triggered Gideon's nighmares.  That is another fight our couple will have to wage to get to their HEA.

Hi Sharon,

You make several interesting points.  You are correct, if Anne ever revealed  that Gideon had been sexually abused in the past, she would in effect be committing career suicide.  One would have to wonder if Gideon never revealed said information to Anne, then how did Anne obtain said information?  What did she think she would have to gain by revealing said information, etc.?

Anne's potential actions may have consequences on not only her, but her husband as well (if he revealed confidential patient information to Anne). 

Thoughts on the first GidEva "enemy" that crawled out of the woodwork, Christopher Jr. We do know he is a creep, but is he dangerous like Gideon claimed (but wouldn't explain)? At the risk of stirring things up, I'm going to suggest Christopher isn't an enemy, and the only reason he is a creep is because Gideon set a bad example when it came to women.

What if the reason Christopher uses women is that his brother's way of using women (pre-Eva) was a bad influence? When Christopher was a really little kid, Gideon had been throwing physical tantrums, and Christopher started imitating him. Things got so bad their parents put Gideon into treatment. As a grown man, Gideon had a reputation as a ladies' man and had a pile of rejected women (this was all before Eva, of course.) Was Christopher using women to try to imitate his brother?

I love Gideon but you have to admit he was malicious having that affair with the married Anne Lucas. How much had Christopher seen of Anne and Gideon interacting at society functions? How much gossip was there about the affair that Christopher was privy to? Then there was Corrine, who was another married woman being led on by mixed messages, and Christopher definitely knew about that mess, because Corrine was crying to him. Yes, Gideon felt guilty about using both women, and he knows what he did was wrong (and on some level both women deserved what happened), but Christopher has no way of knowing any of that. All he knows is what he saw and heard and none of it was good.

How many other women does Christopher know about in the Dumped By Gideon Sisterhood? There are a lot of them out there, more than Eva wants to even think about much less hear about. Have some of the Sisterhood told Christopher stories similar to Deanna's? Did Deanna tell Christopher the same story about the one night stand she told Eva?

I think Christopher was right to criticize Gideon in Times Square about sending Corrine mixed messages. He was just wrong to say so in front of Eva. Maybe Christopher thought he was doing Eva a favor, because of how Gideon had "dumped" Eva, saying something in front of Eva to remind/warn her about Gideon's pattern of discarding women? I think it was Ireland telling Christopher to leave GidEva alone was the real reason he backed off, not because Gideon threatened him.

Might Christopher change for the better when he sees New Gideon changed so much by Eva's love? And the rivalry between the two brothers heal, with Eva's help? Their sister Ireland's help too?  Ireland loves Christopher and vice versa. Ireland has got a good head on her shoulders and she knows Christopher really well, whereas Gideon barely knows him. Eva has cut Christopher a lot of slack, even though Eva saw that sex tape of him and Magdalene, because Eva understands Christopher also grew up in a dysfunctional home. Eva also is a good judge of character -- as long as insecurity/jealousy isn't clouding her perception.

I have this fantasy Magdalene finds out Christopher knows about the Eva-Brett sex tape and plans to blackmail Gideon about the tape. Magdalene comes to GidEva's rescue by telling Christopher he's the star of another sex tape -- him and Magdalene -- really nasty video showing his gloating face as he's using a despondent Magdalene. Magdalene threatens to tell both their families (the Vidals and Perezes) about Christopher if he ever dares to try to hurt GidEva.