"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

I did not necessarily mean sexually at all. Both said that one time and I do think so. But there seems to be something else. I don't know what. There has to be more to that story than just a one night stand gone bad.

Personally, I will never stop reading Sylvia's books. I think I have read them all but the paranormal ones cause I am just not into that stuff.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree with you sscrph about the sexual encounter. Gideon was honest about that night. Especially because what Gideon told Eva and then what Deanna said pretty much match.

I think GHL has got a point about something more going on between G and D. Main difference is GHL wonders if there is more in the past, and I wonder if there is more in the present. Not in a million years to imply G would ever cheat. But he keeps things from Eva to try to shield her. I don't trust D as far as I can throw her - she's up to something.

Well I have to agree with you there. I do not think Deanna's revenge issues are resolved at all. And I have stated this many times before I keep going back to what Gideon said in BTY about destroying any reporter that would publish a story about Eva's tragic past...

Well as far as we know the only reporter in the story so far is Deanna and I don't trust her.

I mean, think about what the "familiar safety of the lives we’d had before each other" meant. Eva had a regular college student life once she got out from under Mommica's smothering? When Eva moved to New York that summer, her plan was to have as ordinary a life as a young woman could have. Entry-level job to start learning her field. Clubbing with her best friend. Not that her life was totally ordinary out in San Diego. At first, her issues made her lovelife a hot mess? But she got professional help for the reason why. Celebrity billionaire Gideon didn't have a regular life, but he had compulsively organized his life to protect himself inside as best he could? Including his lovelife. He never did get professional help as a grown-up. Because "professional help" as a kid is what damaged him. Finally, he is getting help, because of Eva's love. She is making him come out of that protective shell? To have the courage to go into his darkest places? But the risks are huge. I can see him backtracking at times? Maybe that's what the back cover wording means " ... love being tested ..." and at times " ... feel him slipping from my grasp ..." How the struggle for them to get beyond his dark past for their happily ever after?

Gideon and Eva both have fallen back into old patterns at times as she has stated herself... I think Gideon will be doing this a lot in book 4 and 5. I do remember Sylvia saying in an interview that it will be hard for Gideon to let Eva have some freedom as she is such a social person and he just wants to keep her all to himself so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I know it's frustrating not being able to preorder, but it's impossible to compare the handling of Crossfire to any other romance series. It's a massive undertaking releasing a book with the level of demand Crossfire has, not just for the publisher, printer, distributors, and vendors but also for me. We're all doing the best we can and I can assure you, the publisher is eager to get the book out as soon as possible. Crossfire is presently one of the biggest series in the world. They don't want to sit on it any longer than they absolutely have to.

Thanks Sylvia for responding to our posts!!  It is very much appreciated and it lets us know that you are listening!!  Hopefully CBY can be our Christmas present that we all can unwrap (fingers crossed)

thanks also to Kirsten for posting the facebook picture for all us "non-facebook" people!!

happy weekend Ladies

I know it's frustrating not being able to preorder, but it's impossible to compare the handling of Crossfire to any other romance series. It's a massive undertaking releasing a book with the level of demand Crossfire has, not just for the publisher, printer, distributors, and vendors but also for me. We're all doing the best we can and I can assure you, the publisher is eager to get the book out as soon as possible. Crossfire is presently one of the biggest series in the world. They don't want to sit on it any longer than they absolutely have to.

Thank you for the information Sylvia.  :)

Gideon and Eva both have fallen back into old patterns at times as she has stated herself... I think Gideon will be doing this a lot in book 4 and 5. I do remember Sylvia saying in an interview that it will be hard for Gideon to let Eva have some freedom as she is such a social person and he just wants to keep her all to himself so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

You are absolutely correct Sscrph!  It will be very interesting to see what happens in the next book....now how can we get our hot little hands on a copy?  :D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. To miss that, one would have to skip over like, every other chapter. And not only does the man have major skills, he had toys. Too funny.

Seriously, I can see more women coming out of the woodwork. Who knows how many other members of the Dumped By Gideon Sisterhood that Deanna has been rabble-rousing. Eva knows for certain just two others besides herself: Magdalene (because Maggie told Eva herself) and Corrine (Gideon told Eva that Deanna paid Corrine a visit the night of Times Square.) I'll bet Deanna has been working her way down a list. And Gideon might know, too, about who else Deanna has been hitting up for dirt. Women that Eva never have even heard about, much less met. Yet.

HI ....  Gideon hasn't slept w/Magdalene, she more a 'wanna be girl' than a dumped one.  She has always been his go-to girl for dates and just a friend.  In fact when she confronts Eva in the ladies room in Bared, she even admits to not sleeping with him.  

Thank you Sylvia for giving us an update. I am sure you are tired of all of us

bi*tching & complaining, but this is a tribute to you & your writing & to be honest,,,6 months or more is a long time to wait.

Hi all,

I am new here and am loving this place  :wub:  :D 

After reading i felt i had to post, as the way i see it, is like this;

I am watching my favorite series on TV, its the final episode and i am so sucked in, but then it ends, excited , upset and left wanting more, suddenly i am  aware, I, will have to wait 6 to 12 months before its back on my screen. I know that it will be totally worth the wait. but need more, so i buy the series and watch again to see if i missed something, and to enjoy it all over again. I would not want the writers to rush and mess up the story line just for demand. This would spoil the magic and the hole story line.

I think this must be such a hard time for Sylvia and her team, so much demand for this amazing love story to show its next stage, i understand the need for the next books, but i also really feel for Sylvia as this must be so much pressure on her, I for one am happy to wait as i know the next two books will not disappoint and will have not been rushed through. I know i do say at times "I cant wait" but i can, and i believe it will be, SO worth the wait, the best things in life are  ;) (lol, so excited !!! he he) :D  :D  :D .

Sorry if i upset anyone by this :unsure: , But, I Love Sylvia Day's work, and appreciate the stress she must be under, its her baby and she wants it right.  :wub:    

Hi all,

I am watching my favorite series on TV, its the final episode and i am so sucked in, but then it ends, excited , upset and left wanting more, suddenly i am  aware, I, will have to wait 6 to 12 months before its back on my screen. I know that it will be totally worth the wait. but need more, so i buy the series and watch again to see if i missed something, and to enjoy it all over again. I would not want the writers to rush and mess up the story line just for demand. This would spoil the magic and the hole story line.

I think this must be such a hard time for Sylvia and her team, so much demand for this amazing love story to show its next stage, i understand the need for the next books, but i also really feel for Sylvia as this must be so much pressure on her, I for one am happy to wait as i know the next two books will not disappoint and will have not been rushed through. I know i do say at times "I cant wait" but i can, and i believe it will be, SO worth the wait, the best things in life are  ;) (lol, so excited !!! he he) :D  :D  :D .

Sorry if i upset anyone by this :unsure: , But, I Love Sylvia Day's work, and appreciate the stress she must

be under, its her baby and she wants it right.  :wub:    

Hi strewberry

I just read what you written and the thing is sylvia has finished. This book and the cover is done and waiting to be released it is the publisher who is keeping it away from us which is not fair at all if the publishers keep going this readers will get pi...ed off Sylvia said captivated by you would be out by the ene of this year I doubt that now she normally does snippets before it come out but we have none

So I blame the publishers and not Sylvia

Hi strewberry

I just read what you written and the thing is sylvia has finished. This book and the cover is done and waiting to be released it is the publisher who is keeping it away from us which is not fair at all if the publishers keep going this readers will get pi...ed off Sylvia said captivated by you would be out by the ene of this year I doubt that now she normally does snippets before it come out but we have none

So I blame the publishers and not Sylvia

Hi, tbidwell,

Ahhh, Now I see, thank you for letting me know, :) .

I am so sorry :( .

I did not realize this was the case. It's just, I love these books so much and really respect the author (Sylvia Day). I just felt Sylvia was being pressured, as we love this series so much. 

NOTE TO MYSELF;....... Do your flaming homework!!!!!!!, before you put your foot, RIGHT in it  :wacko:  ( squelch)  :( 

:wub:  :D  thank you very much for letting me know,  x , and sorry again , x  :) 

Hi, tbidwell,

I did not realize this was the case. It's just, I love these books so much and really respect the author (Sylvia Day). I just felt Sylvia was being pressured, as we love this series so much. 

NOTE TO MYSELF;....... Do your flaming homework!!!!!!!, before you put your foot, RIGHT in it  :wacko:  ( squelch)  :( 

:wub:  :D  thank you very much for letting me know,  x , and sorry again , x  :) 

No worries Strawberry.  362.gif

to the forum.  We all feel for Sylvia because she is of course inundated with questions about when Captivated will be coming out, and unfortunately Penguin probably jerks her around as much as they jerk us readers around. 

It will be worth the wait though.  :)

Hi, tbidwell,

Hi strewberry

No need to be sorry I just think once they give a date for a book to come out they should keep to that date and not keep putting the date back it not write sylvia goes a fab job at writting her book they are brill and I love the crossfire books it,s like I have been waiting years for the dream guardians 3 rd book to come out if you won't to read them it starts with. The pleasure of the night then heat of the night they are written by Sylvia day have you read after burn that,s another good book aftershock should of come out on 12th nov but of course the publisher put it back until next year

Hi strewberry

No need to be sorry I just think once they give a date for a book to come out they should keep to that date and not keep putting the date back it not write sylvia goes a fab job at writting her book they are brill and I love the crossfire books it,s like I have been waiting years for the dream guardians 3 rd book to come out if you won't to read them it starts with. The pleasure of the night then heat of the night they are written by Sylvia day have you read after burn that,s another good book aftershock should of come out on 12th nov but of course the publisher put it back until next year

I totally understand, xxx  Thank you tbidwell xxx

Gideon is scrupulous about every word he says to Eva is the truth. But a huge problem remains Gideon lies by omission. He's done "nothing but the truth" from day one. But his refusing to trust her with "the whole truth" almost destroyed what they had, and they're still dealing with the damage. hank God he's finally starting to open up. But for them to reach happily ever after, he's got to keep being completely honest with her.

Regarding Deanna, I believed the guy when he said he barely remembers the one-night-stand he and Deanna had how ever long ago it was in the past. Which he told Eva the night Deanna ambushed her in her apartment lobby, the night Entwined With You opened, the night GidEva reunited. But now at the end of Entwined With You, two weeks have passed with Deanna having inserted herself into Gideon's present life? Gideon has told Eva about some things now going on with Deanna. But I'm worried there are things about Deanna he's holding back on telling Eva? Deanna has been digging hard into his past. What else true dirty laundtry might Deanna know about besides the sex tape and the real story about the brawl with Brett? Stuff Eva could get blindsided by, and be hurt Gideon still is trying to keep things from her?

well, techniclly Gideon hasn't really been "truthful"  Remember when the Dr. asked about sexual encounters and he replied at least twice weekly and earlier Gideon had said to Eva that he has had more sex with Eva in the past month than he has had in the past two years.  (he did explain the difference, but even if he didn't use his d**k, it still is sexual. 

also when he said he didn't mastu**ate.....when she gave him the towels.....he further explained that he stro**d off daily with shower, after Eva only once and she was there.....Really sometimes Gideon doesn't know the meaning of ":is" is.....

but I still love the series and just waiting patiently.

Hi all,

Sorry if i upset anyone by this :unsure: , But, I Love Sylvia Day's work, and appreciate the stress she must be under, its her baby and she wants it right.  :wub:    

Hi Strawberry,

Welcome, welcome, welcome.  :)

... Ok in re playing CBY(audio book) for the 50th X :0).. There is something that I don't get.. In chapter 6 when Eva and Monica are at lunch.. Eva says.. ( to herself) ... She(Monica) had been an Ali in convincing Victor of Gideon's affection for her(Eva).. I was so wrapped up in the story I never really grabbed on to that.... Did I miss something? I thought Monica made sure that as soon as Eva was old enough to communicate with Victor on her own she had had NO contact???

Not had been ..could have been

What happens next when Deanna/Anne/Corrine learns the truth: Mrs. Eva Lauren Tramell Reyes Cross? I think Corrine already threw in the towel over the engagement news and is leaving New York the instant she gets out of the hospital. But not Deanna and Anne. They both turn bunny boiler?

Maybe Deanna becomes what Eva has feared for a decade, a journalist who exposes her dark past about Nathan? Ever since the first book, we knew Eva was afraid of that. And then it comes out Nathan got murdered, and so gossip starts speculating Eva had something to do with that?

What about Anne, when she finds out Gideon and Eva got married? A dangerous expert at mind games, because she's a shrink, Anne would know all the buttons to push with Eva, especially if Deanna already exposed Eva's past, raped as a child and promiscuous years later because of the damage. Plus there is new guilt to manipulate Gideon with about the miscarriage and suicide attempt? And does Anne know Gideon is a rape survivor too?

Syliva had said at a book signing we haven't seen the last of Corinne.boooooo

as far Deanna, she is gona dig up Eva's past as far as painting her as a pig. I don't believe the murder will come up at all.

Eva knows to stay away from Anne. But I don't think Anne knows about her brother and what happened to Gideon.

We don't know how recently Anne had the affair with Gideon, and we don't know when it was Hugh killed himself. But I cannot see Gideon s c r e w i n g Anne after she lost a sibling to suicide. I can see Gideon feeling even more guilty about hurting Anne if the sequence of events was breaking Anne's heart and then Anne's brother dying.

Im thinking Hugh killed himself when Gideon was 20esh. and Im thinking he was banging Anne a couple years ago

We don't know how recently Anne had the affair with Gideon, and we don't know when it was Hugh killed himself. But I cannot see Gideon s c r e w i n g Anne after she lost a sibling to suicide. I can see Gideon feeling even more guilty about hurting Anne if the sequence of events was breaking Anne's heart and then Anne's brother dying.

Im thinking Hugh killed himself when Gideon was 20esh. and Im thinking he was banging Anne a couple years ago

Oh no, Sylvia hinted somewhere we haven't seen the last of Corrine? Corrine's not going to take a hint Gideon is "just not that into her?" Take a hike? Well, the b i t c h did take something, a whole bottle of pills. To hurt Gideon, her ultimate guilt trip on the guy? I had hoped Jean-Francois and she were going to hop a flight to Paris ealy in the story.

So if Corrine is sticking around, then a theory I was voicing a few days ago about an Anne-Corrine connection makes sense. Anne was the psychiatrist prescribing pills to Corrine? And now, instead of getting out of intensive care and immediately leaving New York, Corrine is going to go from intensive care to the psych ward? With Anne still as her doctor and having even more control over Corrine? And Dr. Anne now having direct contact with Jean-Francois, as the patient's legal next of kin? Because the doctor in the emergency room chose Jean-Francois as Corrine's husband to discuss her condition instead of her parents. So Anne now could manipulate Jean-Francois too? Make him even more of a bitter enemy of Gideon?

Well, the Girouxs taking a fast hike to France would be too simple, and the Crossfire plots are anything but simple. That's why I'm hooked on them instead of the Fifty Shades books. Yeah, the erotica is hawt in both. But Crossfire also is a crime mystery story, not just a romance story.

Im thinking Gideon and Jean hook up and go after Anne and really nail her for screwing with her head and the loss of the baby

Oh no, Sylvia hinted somewhere we haven't seen the last of Corrine? Corrine's not going to take a hint Gideon is "just not that into her?" Take a hike? Well, the b i t c h did take something, a whole bottle of pills. To hurt Gideon, her ultimate guilt trip on the guy? I had hoped Jean-Francois and she were going to hop a flight to Paris ealy in the story.

So if Corrine is sticking around, then a theory I was voicing a few days ago about an Anne-Corrine connection makes sense. Anne was the psychiatrist prescribing pills to Corrine? And now, instead of getting out of intensive care and immediately leaving New York, Corrine is going to go from intensive care to the psych ward? With Anne still as her doctor and having even more control over Corrine? And Dr. Anne now having direct contact with Jean-Francois, as the patient's legal next of kin? Because the doctor in the emergency room chose Jean-Francois as Corrine's husband to discuss her condition instead of her parents. So Anne now could manipulate Jean-Francois too? Make him even more of a bitter enemy of Gideon?

Well, the Girouxs taking a fast hike to France would be too simple, and the Crossfire plots are anything but simple. That's why I'm hooked on them instead of the Fifty Shades books. Yeah, the erotica is hawt in both. But Crossfire also is a crime mystery story, not just a romance story.

Im thinking Gideon and Jean hook up and go after Anne and really nail her for screwing with her head and the loss of the baby