"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

I miss Gideon and Eva!!!! Sylvia help us, I need something to take my mind off of my son leaving for Afganastan even though it would be just for a little bit..

Hi Jeanmarie,

My thoughts and best wishes for you and your family.  I hope and pray that your son goes and returns safely. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that "Dreamcast" column, and while I will say the writer who created it was spot on about how she described each character, overall she made some very serious mistakes that make me wonder whether she even read Entwined With You? The way she's set up her list, you'd think she stopped halfway through Reflected In You, at the point where GidEva's relationship imploded?

Number one - she forgot Brett entirely. Number two, she forgot Deanna entirely. Number three: she forgot Detective Graves entirely. Number four, she missedJean-Francois Giroux entirely. Number five, she forgot Anne Lucas entirely. She missed some other noteworthy people too, like Arnoldo. But missing Brett and Deanna was huge, missing Detective Graves and Jean-Francois was sloppy research, and overlooking Anne Lucas was missing the cliffhanger ending of Entwined With You..

Mistake number six: the way she assigned every other character to particular categories made no sense. The only other people who counted as "Main Players" besides Gideon, Eva and Cary were GidEva's parents/step-parents. Since when is Chris Vidal Sr. a "Main Player?" He's a secondary character.

Number seven: people who definitely should have instead been in the "Main Players" category instead got lumped down at the very bottom of the list in her "Last But Not Least" category. Like Angus. Terry Lucas too. With the sole exception of Shawna, the one thing the six people have in common in the "Last" category is that right now or at some point in the past, they've been paid by GidEva and/or one of more of GidEva's parents. So the "Last" list is main up of servants or paid professionals, like doctors.

I think Angus counts a lot more as a character than Chris Vidal Sr. Angus is practically a father to Gideon and is literally at his side every single day. And Gideon trusts Angus not only with his life but trusts Angus with Eva's life too. By contrast, Gideon barely sees his mother and stepfather.

Here's a link to the list:  http://www.heroesandheartbreakers.com/blogs/2013/11/on-the-fantasy-casting-couch-sylvia-days-crossfire-series

Oh and she misspelled Tramell as Trammell. Although that's a goof that a proofreader should either have caught, or possibly have made?

Anyone up for some fun creating our own "Dreamcast" lists? If this were me, and the TV series was at the end of, let's say Season Three, Entwined With You, here is how I would have the cast credits roll on the screen at the end of the season finale episode:

Eva Tramell/Cross

Gideon Cross

Cary Taylor

Corrine Giroux

Deanna Johnson

Brett Kline

Monica Stanton

Victor Reyes

Angus McLeod

Mark Garrity

Christopher Vidal Jr.

Magdalene Perez

Detective Shelley Graves

Elizabeth Vidal

Ireland Vidal

Dr. Terry Lucas

Dr. Anne Lucas

Jean-Francois Giroux

Megumi

Tatianna Cherlin

Trey

Richard Stanton

Benjamin Clancy

Dr. Petersen

Parker Smith

Raul

Steven Ellison

Arnoldo Ricci

Detective Mincha

Chris Vidal Sr.

Scott

Shawna Ellison

Martin Stanton

Lacey

Partners at the advertising agency (I'm spacing those three names)

Then list the names of various walk-on characters here, actors/actresses who would appear on the screen briefly in one scene, but have at most a couple of lines of dialog. Some wouldn't talk at all, and some the characters wouldn't even have a name.

Members of Six-Ninths

Daniel

Emergency room doctor

Corrine Giroux's father

Corrine Giroux's mother

Receptionist at Crossfire Industries.

I'm sure I missed some people, but at least I remembered people like Brett and Deanna.

Anyone want to re-arrange the cast of characters? I go back and forth on whether to list Eva or Gideon first. A lot of the fantasy casting lists start with Gideon, but in the books, Eva is in every single scene, because we get the story from inside her mind. If the TV series followed that format, Eva would be in every single scene, while Gideon would be in a lot of them, but not all.

How about moving Mark up just higher than Angus, given the amount of screen time that actor would get in all three seasons? (If Season One was Bared To You, Season Two Reflected in You, Season Three Entwined With You?) Does he count more than Angus simply because Mark interacts directly with Eva more frequently than Angus? Because Mark would appear all the time while Eva's at work, and her career is crucial to her? Or is Angus more important, because he's Gideon's father figure and Eva's protector?

Then there's Nathan as a TV character? In the books, we never see present day Nathan, because Eva never comes face to face with him when he's in New York? But if the TV series wanted to have scenes where Eva isn't in them, stuff about Nathan that Eva later was told about by other people (Gideon, Monica) then Nathan definitely would be way up on the cast list?

Like when Nathan went to Gideon's office? Would there be an action scene on the screen of them fighting? Gideon eventually told Eva about Nathan's visit to the Crossfire, weeks later when they were alone together in their lovenest. If a script stuck strictly to the book scenes, then the stuff on the screen would be of GidEva talking. How about an action scene with Nathan attacking Cary, something that happened while Eva was hundreds of miles away? Or forensic scenes of the dead body in the hotel room? Eva was told about that stuff by Detective Graves, but she never saw any of it with her own eyes.

If there was a present-day Nathan appearing on screen, I would list him right after Cary and just ahead of Corrine.

Hotreads, you are nitpicking right now. I agree that the person did not put in everyone on the list, but you know what, give it a rest. You get your say on this site, which I am sad to say, I skip thru most of the time because you are longwinded and boring. Sorry for being rude, because I am not usually (Canadians are very polite people).

I miss hearing comments from the old crew: Gabri, GiGi etc.

Personally I think Steve Amell would make an awesome Gideon, he has the looks, body and talent.

Sorry if I have offended you but I really can't take this no more. I love this site.

Hotreads, you are nitpicking right now. I agree that the person did not put in everyone on the list, but you know what, give it a rest. You get your say on this site, which I am sad to say, I skip thru most of the time because you are longwinded and boring. Sorry for being rude, because I am not usually (Canadians are very polite people).

I miss hearing comments from the old crew: Gabri, GiGi etc.

Personally I think Steve Amell would make an awesome Gideon, he has the looks, body and talent.

Sorry if I have offended you but I really can't take this no more. I love this site.

This went beyond rude. It was offensive to Canadians, dragged in other commentors by name, and was disrespectful to the entire forum, which includes Sylvia Day. It's what's known as an Internet troll attack, and whoever posted this is not sorry.

I'm responding not to take the flamebait, which only feeds a troll. I'm posting to say I'm sorry to see someone tried to disrupt the place. But even more importantly, please don't let this spoil everyone elses enjoyment, or worse worry about being attacked too.

keep-calm-and-dont-feed-the-trolls-4.png

I miss Gideon and Eva!!!! Sylvia help us, I need something to take my mind off of my son leaving for Afganastan even though it would be just for a little bit..

Hi Jeanmarie, best wishes and good thoughts to you, your family & your son. Happy & healthy thoughts only and a safe return. Our service people give us the safe life that we love & cherish & they deserve all the credit received.

Who is Ian Eva talks to Deanna about? Deanna says something to Eva and then realizes that what someone said about Ian was correct...

Ian is the guy that was involved in the clusterf**k in Eva's apartment at the end of Bared To You and who Gideon cold cocked before he touched Eva.  Ian is now supposedly sueing Gideon for some $$$

Yes, many many thanks to you and your family. I really don't think it could be said enough!

And a side comment: I feel really bad for Sylvia. I wonder if she is seeking treatment for stress induced illnesses. Sounds a little dramatic typed out but seriously, with so many readers upset with her, when actually they should talk to the publisher, it doesn't seem unlikely that could be the reason. It kind of made me mad people kept asking about the books and when they will get G&E on the post about her being offline because she was sick. 

Just a quick explanantion about the boards...

This thread is for CAPTIVATED BY YOU, so recent posts regarding AFTERSHOCK were moved to the AFTERSHOCK forum and thread. There were also some birthday wishes that were posted that the admin moved to a new birthday wishes thread in the general forum.

It's important that we keep the threads focused on the topics and not run together so that it's easy for members to follow along and to subscribe to those topics that are of interest to them, while avoiding being flooded with notifications for subjects/topics they didn't subscribe to.

When you visit the board, you can click on "View New Content" on the upper right hand corner to see what threads are active and what new topics have recently been added. If it's helpful, I can have my admin write up some quick tips for how to navigate the boards and get the most out of them.

Thank you!
Sylvia

This thread is for CAPTIVATED BY YOU, so recent posts regarding AFTERSHOCK were moved to the AFTERSHOCK forum and thread. There were also some birthday wishes that were posted that the admin moved to a new birthday wishes thread in the general forum.

It's important that we keep the threads focused on the topics and not run together so that it's easy for members to follow along and to subscribe to those topics that are of interest to them, while avoiding being flooded with notifications for subjects/topics they didn't subscribe to.

When you visit the board, you can click on "View New Content" on the upper right hand corner to see what threads are active and what new topics have recently been added. If it's helpful, I can have my admin write up some quick tips for how to navigate the boards and get the most out of them.

Thank you!

Sylvia

Thank you for the info.

:)

Thank you!

Sylvia

Thank you for the clarification.