"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

I have always assumed that Eva recieved a BS degree(4 yrs) then went an additional 2 yrs for a masters program which would put her at her current age of 24...

I assumed the same, but curious as to why Day never mentioned a masters... Not a big issue, just a plot hole that has me curious. It would an even bigger argument for Eva in continuing her own career independently if she spent an extra two years on her masters!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi GLH I loved THIS MAN series and GABRIEL also... They really helped me bide the time until Captivated ... Reading Entwined again for at least the tenth time do you have any other suggestions for a good read? Thanks in advance...

his sscrph I have read these three book three time the first one is called the proposition the second one is called possession and the third one is called obsession it is a set of three books read them in that order you will find you will like them take care

his sscrph I have read these three book three time the first one is called the proposition the second one is called possession and the third one is called obsession it is a set of three books read them in that order you will find you will like them take care

This is so funny cause this is exactly what I was going to recommend.  Loved this series.  The author is Jennifer Lyon.  lol  Great minds think alike.

I assumed the same, but curious as to why Day never mentioned a masters... Not a big issue, just a plot hole that has me curious. It would an even bigger argument for Eva in continuing her own career independently if she spent an extra two years on her masters!

Eva does mention working on her thesis when telling Gideon why she hasn't been FU$&@@ in a while so I assume Sylvia was giving us a clue there..

I know there has been some comments regarding the two years that Eva was probably in graduate school.  I think a more interesting time lapse is how long Gideon was abused.  We know it started more then seventeen years ago before his sister was born.  We know Gideon did not have consensual sex until Corinne in college.  We do not know when he told his mother about Hugh or if she separated Gideon from Hugh's care.  We know Gideon was examed by two pediatricians but a child could be treated by that type of doctor until 18.  I hope "Captivated by You" provides answers.

I just keep remembering Sylvia saying in that interview that Gideon and Eva are solid . It just makes you wonder if Gideon's past is darker than we have been led to believe so far. I keep going back to that pre-nup. It is structured to give Eva everything so Gideon must really be afraid of what will be revealed and not only that will he be a different person when he comes out the other side.

Good points!!!!  

ON page 240 of EWY when Darrin said "This whole event was set up just to get us on this TV show and Internet simulcast.  It was the only way Vidal could get them to give us any coverage."   Maybe Christopher does know about the sex tape and the past between Bret and Eva and is trying to get back at Gideon and "hurt" him.

Just a thought.  Any comments?

ON page 240 of EWY when Darrin said "This whole event was set up just to get us on this TV show and Internet simulcast.  It was the only way Vidal could get them to give us any coverage."   Maybe Christopher does know about the sex tape and the past between Bret and Eva and is trying to get back at Gideon and "hurt" him.

I think Sylvia put in Darrin's commentary to explain why there was a video launch in the first place, because Eva as a first person narrator would not know exactly why the event was orchestrated for the band, just that she was invited. Its not really normal these days for a Times Square video launch for an up and coming indie band. Gideon might mention later he set the whole thing up in an undercover sort of way so he would have an event to act as a couple with Eva. Gideon kept saying how impatient it was for the two to begin being seen in public together and he probably assumed Brett would invite Eva. Gideon could accomplish two things by setting up this event: showing off Eva AND making his presence in Eva's life known to Brett. 

I wonder how many of the women on here are hoping Sylvia announces the release date Christmas eve, assuming she is taking Christmas day off completely. Or maybe a snippet. I like the idea of her giving us something between tomorrow and New Years, but I also hate to think she is doing some kind of work those days. 

I think Sylvia put in Darrin's commentary to explain why there was a video launch in the first place, because Eva as a first person narrator would not know exactly why the event was orchestrated for the band, just that she was invited. Its not really normal these days for a Times Square video launch for an up and coming indie band. Gideon might mention later he set the whole thing up in an undercover sort of way so he would have an event to act as a couple with Eva. Gideon kept saying how impatient it was for the two to begin being seen in public together and he probably assumed Brett would invite Eva. Gideon could accomplish two things by setting up this event: showing off Eva AND making his presence in Eva's life known to Brett. 

I wonder how many of the women on here are hoping Sylvia announces the release date Christmas eve, assuming she is taking Christmas day off completely. Or maybe a snippet. I like the idea of her giving us something between tomorrow and New Years, but I also hate to think she is doing some kind of work those days. 

I have always believed that the video event was set up not only to promote the band but to embarass Gideon and Eva.  I DO believe this was all orchestrated by Christopher.  He certainly would have heard about the fight between Brett and Gideon over Eva.  I also think he is aware of the illicit video and may have told Deanna about it.  Christopher also appears to have told Lizzie about Eva's past.  I don't have my book with me, but during one of the confontations between Lizzie and Eva, Lizzie says something to the effect of "I know all about you and that singer!"   Christopher is in this up to his neck!

I would love either the release date or a snippet!

I have always believed that the video event was set up not only to promote the band but to embarass Gideon and Eva.  I DO believe this was all orchestrated by Christopher.  He certainly would have heard about the fight between Brett and Gideon over Eva.  I also think he is aware of the illicit video and may have told Deanna about it.  Christopher also appears to have told Lizzie about Eva's past.  I don't have my book with me, but during one of the confontations between Lizzie and Eva, Lizzie says something to the effect of "I know all about you and that singer!"   Christopher is in this up to his neck!

I would love either the release date or a snippet!

yes I am with you about Christopher being behind the video launch.  If Gideon had anything to do with it (as he stated in the book)  he would have reviewed the video ahead of time.

yes a snippet or release date would make the perfect Christmas present to us!!

Sylvia,   do you have birthdays in mind for Eva and Gideon?   Hope they didn't happen when they were apart.  Happy Holidays

The only way to hurt Gideon is by hurting Eva and unfortunately the enemies of Gideon will be lining up to try this new tactic to take him down ...

I was on a 3 hr ferry ride today and forgot my ipad and a book, so I opened my nook app on my phone and began reading ETY to kill the time. I have re-read it a couple times before but just sections at night if I can't sleep and need light reading, but every single time I pick up on things I missed. I'm talking about facial expressions and descriptions of feelings that I read through really quickly and don't pick up on. It seriously changes the scene and the the conversation every time I re-read a conversation.

Reading it has made me anxious for the next book, hopefully in march cause then ill be on spring break and will have time and won't have to rush through it. I am really curious what Dianna meant be "that man has a dark side". I'm assuming she is referring to that time she hooked up TDH and he probably did something kinky. Hopefully we will find out in the next few months! I will say Deanna's role is the most intriguing to me.

I was on a 3 hr ferry ride today and forgot my ipad and a book, so I opened my nook app on my phone and began reading ETY to kill the time. I have re-read it a couple times before but just sections at night if I can't sleep and need light reading, but every single time I pick up on things I missed. I'm talking about facial expressions and descriptions of feelings that I read through really quickly and don't pick up on. It seriously changes the scene and the the conversation every time I re-read a conversation.

Reading it has made me anxious for the next book, hopefully in march cause then ill be on spring break and will have time and won't have to rush through it. I am really curious what Dianna meant be "that man has a dark side". I'm assuming she is referring to that time she hooked up TDH and he probably did something kinky. Hopefully we will find out in the next few months! I will say Deanna's role is the most intriguing to me.

what does TDH mean?