"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Sylvia said the final two books will be focused on Gideon, then I suspect a lot. There is the stuff about Christopher we need to find out. Elizabeth will not want Eva and G to marry. I feel like a lot of open story lines are on Gideon's side.

Since what Elizabeth wants and Elizabeth gets are too different things...of course Eva and Gideon are already married!!!

Yes that's what she said unless she changes her mind again I am getting so pi....ed of now waiting for so long

I've said many times that the date is set by the publisher. It's never been a case of me changing my mind. It has always been that the publisher must set a date for the release. Until they do so, I have nothing to share and can only guess and be hopeful.

I've said many times that the date is set by the publisher. It's never been a case of me changing my mind. It has always been that the publisher must set a date for the release. Until they do so, I have nothing to share and can only guess and be hopeful.

. Hi sylvia I think you should change your publisher I love aftershock I think you are a great writer but please change your publisher

I don't think  the issue is with the publisher, if there is an issue at all. If you think about it, Sylvia is one of the most connected authors when it comes to readers and fans. I think that our relationship with her as the writer is what makes the waiting seem to be going on longer than it should. If the book comes out late May or early June, then that seems to be a normal time between releases in a series. I love Sylvia's little teasers and things, but they may be making people think the book is done and printed and they are just being mean and not giving it to us. the end of may is 2 1/2 months away, so lets keep the positivity high and think about whats waiting for us!

My question is how many of Eva's friends who we havn't met will be at the dinner, and what happens when they catch the two newly weds being distracted hosts under the table?

I have to say, Sylvia, when I saw your tweet last night during Blacklist, I was so jealous.  Wish I could curl up with Gideon while watching.  Don't think my husband would be too happy, but, hey……..

I don't think  the issue is with the publisher, if there is an issue at all. If you think about it, Sylvia is one of the most connected authors when it comes to readers and fans. I think that our relationship with her as the writer is what makes the waiting seem to be going on longer than it should. If the book comes out late May or early June, then that seems to be a normal time between releases in a series. I love Sylvia's little teasers and things, but they may be making people think the book is done and printed and they are just being mean and not giving it to us. the end of may is 2 1/2 months away, so lets keep the positivity high and think about whats waiting for us!

My question is how many of Eva's friends who we havn't met will be at the dinner, and what happens when they catch the two newly weds being distracted hosts under the table?

I just can't to read this party scene... :). :)

I just can't to read this party scene... :). :)

Hey GLH & sscrph...I'm going to start a spoiler thread on the Aftershock/burn page.

But....YEAH! I really don't like her now! And you're right, it was a bit of a gift..lol...can't wait for CBY even more! Wouldn't it be fun if Gia and Jax show up there too? :)

I'm thinking they will be at the party... :). :)

maybe the secret of the wedding gets out before the party and everyone is when they get there and it turns into a sudo-engagement party/celebration...

also, I wonder if SD will ever write a scene where G is tipsy/drunk. I feel like that could get a little scary.

Also, (last thought I promise... until I get a response) if the books have progressively been getting steamier, then I wonder what the fourth will be like. On a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being Beauty and the Beast and 10 being that time Gideon snuck into Eva's room in the middle of the night in the second book and told her to wait/ trust him while he went a-wall and then Cary made the crude comment the next morning about noises...) I think it will be an 11. 

I don't think I've read a book where the couple could possibly have extreme reactions to situations like g&e, except that time in 50 shades but I don't really count that cause I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't use an outside source as copy editor. 

maybe the secret of the wedding gets out before the party and everyone is ###### when they get there and it turns into a sudo-engagement party/celebration...

also, I wonder if SD will ever write a scene where G is tipsy/drunk. I feel like that could get a little scary.

Also, (last thought I promise... until I get a response) if the books have progressively been getting steamier, then I wonder what the fourth will be like. On a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being Beauty and the Beast and 10 being that time Gideon snuck into Eva's room in the middle of the night in the second book and told her to wait/ trust him while he went a-wall and then Cary made the crude comment the next morning about noises...) I think it will be an 11. 

I don't think I've read a book where the couple could possibly have extreme reactions to situations like g&e, except that time in 50 shades but I don't really count that cause I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't use an outside source as copy editor.

We have already had an eleven....the plane scene on their weekend get away before they got married!! That was really HOT!! Also the scene at the club during Eva's girls' night out.

I don't understand the statement about an outside source as copy editor.

We have already had an eleven....the plane scene on their weekend get away before they got married!! That was really HOT!! Also the scene at the club during Eva's girls' night out.

I don't understand the statement about an outside source as copy editor.

I mean she should have used a professional copy editor. I think she used her husband or friends or something like that. 

Hi sylvia please could you tell the reason that captivated by you is not out because you are waiting for the last book to be finished then you will have a date as you won't to bring the books out close together if this is true have you nearly finished the last book us lady's have been

Waiting 9 months now and you said in the interview you gave a book take 4/6 weeks to write I have read all the in death series which was fab and roarke reminds me of Gideon look forward to hearing from you

You know what I think?

I think Gideon's past is a lot darker than we think. What he did to Nathan will come back to haunt him, and will come to light sooner or later. The Russian mob is tied to his father and the whole Ponzi scheme and that Gideon might be linked to them. What I think will be interesting is how Gideon will react when the whole world knows what he did. Will he kill himself just like his own father did? If so, will Eva stop him from doing so? Or will he take a different approach? Like father like son ;)

I definitely do not believe that Gideon will kill himself, Sylvia said we would get our HEA after book 5.

I don't think for one minute that Gideon is connected to the Russian mob.

I think his past is about his childhood and that is were the dark days are.

Right now we know that only he and Eva know that he killed Nathan (except Sylvia and us the readers of course).

Maybe it will never come out, this is a love story between 2 damaged souls coming together with love for each other, they want to be together and they will survive it together.

I wonder how much of the book the san diego trip will take. I bet G shows up halfway through because he is so love sick or something. I kinda don't want that to happen actually because I think distance makes the heart grow fonder and the reunion would be even better after a weekend away.

If Gideon was tied to the mob for realz then it would make him not such a good guy. Sylvia has made him into a good guy guy that everyone thinks has a bad character. The special thing about Eva is that she is one of the only ones who sees him as good with a bad reputation/ misunderstood.  

I definitely do not believe that Gideon will kill himself, Sylvia said we would get our HEA after book 5.

Right now we know that only he and Eva know that he killed Nathan (except Sylvia and us the readers of course).

Maybe it will never come out, this is a love story between 2 damaged souls coming together with love for each other, they want to be together and they will survive it together.

I love what you have said !!!  :)

Totally agree.