"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

No date has been set for CAPTIVATED BY YOU. Some of the international publishers have the book in their systems with dates pulled out of a hat because of the way their booksellers work. In order to have the book in their systems at all, it needs to have a date, so they make one up just to put it in the bookseller system. However, ALL publishers are contractually barred from releasing the book before the US does and the US has not set a date for release. Therefore, any dates you see floating around are meaningless. Until Berkley announces a release date and makes the book available for ordering on us.penguingroup.com, there is no release date.

hi sylvia pleases tell us the book will be out very soon like May or June

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:(  I did see about a month ago on most European Amazon sites the date was 27 August tbidwell. I decided not to post it here thinking maybe it was inaccurate, but the longer it stays up the more I am thinking it's probably true.

I do not believe that Penguin would miss out on the very lucrative summer reading season by delaying the release until August...Just do not think that is a good business move...Gideon Cross would surely never make a stupid business decision like that lol!!

Sylvia will we see an Easter snippet like last year ; please say we will :). :)

:)

Also follow the Twitter hashtag #SneakSnippet - You'll find CBY snippets pop up now and then...

Hi sylvia thank you for the snippet but what we really won't is the book have you finished 4&5books yet if you have I think your publisher needs a push there are thousands of lady wanting this book we don,t blame you at all but your publisher how long does it take to release a date it is unreal .love the snippets so far but won't the book love the stranger I married ,pride and pleasure ,seven years to sin,heat of the night,pleasure of the night ,afterburn,aftershock ,great book but we won't captivated by you and the 5th one hope we get it before the end of May

Hi sylvia thank you for the snippet but what we really won't is the book have you finished 4&5books yet if you have I think your publisher needs a push there are thousands of lady wanting this book we don,t blame you at all but your publisher how long does it take to release a date it is unreal .love the snippets so far but won't the book love the stranger I married ,pride and pleasure ,seven years to sin,heat of the night,pleasure of the night ,afterburn,aftershock ,great book but we won't captivated by you and the 5th one hope we get it before the end of May

I haven't finished the series yet, no. I'm very, very, very aware that everyone wants the book. I'll let you know when a date is set.

I haven't finished the series yet, no. I'm very, very, very aware that everyone wants the book. I'll let you know when a date is set.

The more we go on and on about a date the less time Sylvia has to listen to Gideon and finish the crossfire series!

Like everyone on here I'm waiting in great anticipation to hear the next instalment of & Mrs Cross life!

But working on my quality of patience difficult I know!

I'm sure that as soon as Sylvia has a date she will share it with her fan on here on Facebook and Twitter .

Now Gideon help Sylvia along with the book so the penguins can publish it soooooooonnnnn for us. We miss you guys and the little snippets as lovely little treats that they are just aren't enough we want more!!!!!

The more we go on and on about a date the less time Sylvia has to listen to Gideon and finish the crossfire series!

Like everyone on here I'm waiting in great anticipation to hear the next instalment of & Mrs Cross life!

But working on my quality of patience difficult I know!

I'm sure that as soon as Sylvia has a date she will share it with her fan on here on Facebook and Twitter .

Now Gideon help Sylvia along with the book so the penguins can publish it soooooooonnnnn for us. We miss you guys and the little snippets as lovely little treats that they are just aren't enough we want more!!!!!

Love this :)

thanks Sylvia for the #sneaksnippet and for also posting it on this website. I am not on either Facebook nor do I Twitter, so this a big help. By the sounds of this snippet our couple are disagreeing; say it isn't so. Now I just need more!!

Happy Easter

thanks Sylvia for the #sneaksnippet and for also posting it on this website. I am not on either Facebook nor do I Twitter, so this a big help. By the sounds of this snippet our couple are disagreeing; say it isn't so. Now I just need more!!

Happy Easter

JM just so you know there is a thread that I just post all CBY info, treats and teasers in so you can always look there too.

If Sylvia is giving us these little ones then she probably has something great up her sleeve to give us in the future. Has she said anything about a title for the 5th book? Like when she is releasing it? Also, did she say the last two books would come out at the same time or relatively close in dates?

hi sylvia I am very sorry to say this but I have read thousands of lady's reviews on when the date of captivated by you will be out and they are NOT very happy with you they wish they never brought the crossfire series and they are giving up hope for a date on your last two books and going to other books if captivated is finished your publisher should release it or you will lose a lot of your fans they say they are sick and tired of waiting nearly a year is to much time to wait and I can agree with them I am just writing what the lady's on the websit are saying and you have a right to know

hi sylvia I am very sorry to say this but I have read thousands of lady's reviews on when the date of captivated by you will be out and they are NOT very happy with you they wish they never brought the crossfire series and they are giving up hope for a date on your last two books and going to other books if captivated is finished your publisher should release it or you will lose a lot of your fans they say they are sick and tired of waiting nearly a year is to much time to wait and I can agree with them I am just writing what the lady's on the websit are saying and you have a right to know

tbidwell, no disrespect meant at all, but I think you are wasting your time with posts like this. Let those other websites house this sort of negative energy, not the FANSITE. Sylvia shouldn't have to come to her fansite to read this kind of stuff. Let's keep this message board a place of POSITIVITY for Sylvia. We all enjoy when she comes to the board and posts, so let's not ruin it. This is where the real fans come, not the ones who are fed up from waiting and threatening to walk out on the series. I mean, don't get me wrong, I feel their pain, I want the book out like YESTERDAY...the wait sucks majorly. However, there are TONS of other things to read, see and do rather than sit around moping and complaining because CBY isn't out yet. If Sylvia "loses" the fans who are tired of waiting, then they weren't worth having int he first place. 

tbidwell, no disrespect meant at all, but I think you are wasting your time with posts like this. Let those other websites house this sort of negative energy, not the FANSITE. Sylvia shouldn't have to come to her fansite to read this kind of stuff. Let's keep this message board a place of POSITIVITY for Sylvia. We all enjoy when she comes to the board and posts, so let's not ruin it. This is where the real fans come, not the ones who are fed up from waiting and threatening to walk out on the series. I mean, don't get me wrong, I feel their pain, I want the book out like YESTERDAY...the wait sucks majorly. However, there are TONS of other things to read, see and do rather than sit around moping and complaining because CBY isn't out yet. If Sylvia "loses" the fans who are tired of waiting, then they weren't worth having int he first place.

Well said Kristen. I just like talking about GidEva so why don't we start some stimulating discussions in that direction to pass the time; at this time last year we were talking all day not complaining!! :). :)

I have often wondered over my ten year career what posts like this are supposed to accomplish? Am I supposed to feel bad, to cry, to stress out, to fight with my publisher...? Why would anyone want to inflict that sort of unpleasantness on someone else? It's so small and cruel, I can't wrap my head around it. Is there something positive that's supposed to be taken from such a post? Or is it just a passive-aggressive way of being a bully?

As a reader myself, I have authors I adore because of the characters and stories they've gifted me with. I feel tremendous gratitute toward them for being the conduit through which I've met characters I love and experienced situations that have deep sentimental value to me. I would never abuse those writers for the time it takes them to craft their books or the professional circumstances they may face. I owe them a huge debt and I never forget it.

As a writer, I learned long ago not to let anything affect me personally. It's a well-known fact that artists must have a "thick skin" and mine's titanium. :) So, tbidwell, save your fingers from typing demands passed on from elsewhere. The books will come out when they come out. I will carry on as I've always carried on. In the end, the only thing that really matters is that I've written the best books I can.

Sylvia

JM just so you know there is a thread that I just post all CBY info, treats and teasers in so you can always look there too.

Hi Kirsten,

Thanks for taking the time to post the threads, snippets and all of the many other tantalizing tidbits Sylvia leaves for us.  :)

Hi Sylvia,

Thank you for taking the time to post all of the many, wonderful little snippets for all of your fans.  I really appreciate it and I am sure that It is greatly appreciated by many, many of your fans.  :)  Thanks again.  :)

GiGi  :)

I have often wondered over my ten year career what posts like this are supposed to accomplish? Am I supposed to feel bad, to cry, to stress out, to fight with my publisher...? Why would anyone want to inflict that sort of unpleasantness on someone else? It's so small and cruel, I can't wrap my head around it. Is there something positive that's supposed to be taken from such a post? Or is it just a passive-aggressive way of being a bully?

As a reader myself, I have authors I adore because of the characters and stories they've gifted me with. I feel tremendous gratitute toward them for being the conduit through which I've met characters I love and experienced situations that have deep sentimental value to me. I would never abuse those writers for the time it takes them to craft their books or the professional circumstances they may face. I owe them a huge debt and I never forget it.

As a writer, I learned long ago not to let anything affect me personally. It's a well-known fact that artists must have a "thick skin" and mine's titanium. :) So, tbidwell, save your fingers from typing demands passed on from elsewhere. The books will come out when they come out. I will carry on as I've always carried on. In the end, the only thing that really matters is that I've written the best books I can.

Sylvia

hi sylvia I am NOT bullying you I have never bullied anyone in my life so don,t say I have done such a thing I take that badly I just wrote that as you have the right to know what people are saying I have read all of the in death series ,karin tabkes books twice over what you wrote hurt me badly I suffer with deep depression and this did not help me .i have showed what I wrote to you to some of my friends and they say your bang of of order for what you wrote back as I was not saying it to you other people were don,t worry I will not be writing another post on here again and you have lost five more fans