"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

I agree with all of the topics you ladies have posted, but the one thing that I hope will be revealed is why Christopher hates Gideon so much. I have an older brother & he received attention when I didn't as a child & we also fought like cats & dogs...typical sibling behavior...but today we love each other dearly. There is much more to this sibling hatred between the two brothers than we know. Maybe Sylvia will reveal that in book 4.

This is one of the most important, unanswered themes in the series

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do y'all think it has to do with a woman or something with the abuse?

I'm thinking that is might be that Christopher was also abused by Anne's brother & maybe he isn't aware that Gideon was as well. In Christopher's mind he might think that if Gideon wasn't a mess over the death of his father, didn't need help from a therapist, then Anne's brother would never have been in their home & therefore Christopher would not have been abused. He blames Gideon for his abuse. That's all I can think of unless of course Sylvia has info on another subject that has not yet been revealed. We'll see.

So I was on SD's facebook and she mentioned in a caption of a picture that she was headed to NYC in the next couple days. Maybe its to meet with Penguin about a possible release date.... or she finished the 5th book and is meeting with them about it. I probably shouldn't make assumptions and get myself excited over nothing lol. 

This post has been promoted to an article

So I was on SD's facebook and she mentioned in a caption of a picture that she was headed to NYC in the next couple days. Maybe its to meet with Penguin about a possible release date.... or she finished the 5th book and is meeting with them about it. I probably shouldn't make assumptions and get myself excited over nothing lol.

Well I am actually glad to hear this because I think it's quite possible that they will make it a media event when the release date is announced...

Did you guys see the rock that George Clooney gave Alamuddin? It is gorgeous, reminds me of what Gideon would have given to Eva, it was 7 carets!!! Speaking of Gideon....there was a picture of Zac Efron shirtless in my PEOPLE Magazine and he would be a good Gideon, he is the right age and he has a good body, the eyes, and is very handsome!!!

I'm thinking that is might be that Christopher was also abused by Anne's brother & maybe he isn't aware that Gideon was as well. In Christopher's mind he might think that if Gideon wasn't a mess over the death of his father, didn't need help from a therapist, then Anne's brother would never have been in their home & therefore Christopher would not have been abused. He blames Gideon for his abuse. That's all I can think of unless of course Sylvia has info on another subject that has not yet been revealed. We'll see.

I think you are right...

But I feel like Gideon would have brought it up when he was discussing Anne's brother with Eva. I don't think Michael was abused. I think it has to do with something that is more surface level. Like who received the most attention as a child, or maybe Sylvia already addressed it when Gideon told Eva about Vidal records. 

Also, I hope that Gideon gets that picture for Eva of his farther and him at the beach. I might cry if that scene happens... 

And a bachelorette party discussion between Gideon and Eva. That convo could go so many different ways. Maybe at the end of May we will know something about a release date. I am still curious as to when the 5th book will come out in relation t the 4th. Like on the same day or a couple of months following the 4th book...

Did you guys see the rock that George Clooney gave Alamuddin? It is gorgeous, reminds me of what Gideon would have given to Eva, it was 7 carets!!! Speaking of Gideon....there was a picture of Zac Efron shirtless in my PEOPLE Magazine and he would be a good Gideon, he is the right age and he has a good body, the eyes, and is very handsome!!!

I agree I saw him in a movie poster a couple of weeks ago and I immediately thought of Gideon... :). :)

I agree I saw him in a movie poster a couple of weeks ago and I immediately thought of Gideon... :). :)

OMG Zac Efron is one fine specimen. He is gorgeous but for some reason I don't see him as Gideon. Maybe I just can't get High School Musical out of my head, but Zac comes across as too young. Yes I know Zac is 26, not too far off from Gideon, but I still imagine Gideon differently and more mature in his looks. 

OMG Zac Efron is one fine specimen. He is gorgeous but for some reason I don't see him as Gideon. Maybe I just can't get High School Musical out of my head, but Zac comes across as too young. Yes I know Zac is 26, not too far off from Gideon, but I still imagine Gideon differently and more mature in his looks.

Yes, I agree.....he does lack that intensity and room command that Gideon seems to have, I just thought that maybe he could "act" into it....we know Henry won't be doing the TV version....Zac isn't that famous yet....but he is nice to look at!!!

Zac effron is pretty handsome, but he still has a boyish look to him, not necessarily a manish one. 

Also, back on the christopher topic, I def think there is more to the story behind him and Gideon. Gideon said Christopher takes sibling rivalry to the extreme.

Is there a date yet?

hi seksagan 

has sylvia told me in a message the book will come when it comes out now it that anyway to be towards your fan i don,t think so i have given up waiting and so has alot of her other fan can,t blame them it has been 11 months on 4 may which is stupid amount of time to wait but then again i have waited 7 years since the last book of the dream guardians has come out and their is a third to come so it say on sylvias websit  this is really bad 

Anyone see Sylvia's fb post tonight? She posted pics with her uk publisher and the uk penguin Book guy, hopefully they are all together for a good reason!!!!!

I'm probably the only one that now hopes the books don't make it out until July or aug. I'm due next week and I won't have the time to devote to Gideon for atleast a few months. Hopefully the books will help me find my mommy mojo after the baby, they were after all a huge part in me gettin pregnant in the first place lol.

Anyone see Sylvia's fb post tonight? She posted pics with her uk publisher and the uk penguin Book guy, hopefully they are all together for a good reason!!!!!

I'm probably the only one that now hopes the books don't make it out until July or aug. I'm due next week and I won't have the time to devote to Gideon for atleast a few months. Hopefully the books will help me find my mommy mojo after the baby, they were after all a huge part in me gettin pregnant in the first place lol.

I don't think you have anything to worry about.  Don't see the books being released any time soon.  Good luck with your new baby.

think you're right. think Sylvia wrote from Gideon POV. Think pubs made her do massive rewrite.

The publishers never make me do rewrites. :) I typically get very few editorial comments, which is one of the reasons why I also use a freelance editor in my writing process. In my ten year career, I've never been asked to rewrite a book. I'm much harder on myself than anyone I work with.

hi sylvia have you finished the 5 book or how far are you into the book it has been 11 months since entwined with you and you said it 

would not take as long for the book to come out why is it taking so long to come out you said on the 13th of march we would  get a date in 3/4 week now it is the 3rd 

of may and still no date .what is going on 

Will there be anymore Spreecasts coming up? Also can we have a tiny taste of Gideon today? You can't blame a girl for trying. :)

Yes, we'll be doing more live Q & As. April was rough because Jennifer, my moderator, had a baby (exciting!) and I've been on the road a lot. May is a rough month, too, but I'm working on it! :)

hi sylvia have you finished the 5 book or how far are you into the book it has been 11 months since entwined with you and you said it 

would not take as long for the book to come out why is it taking so long to come out you said on the 13th of march we would  get a date in 3/4 week now it is the 3rd 

of may and still no date .what is going on 

tbidwell,

I think you mean well but your post comes across (to me) as abrasive, accusatory, and demanding. I know it's been 11 months. It's taking so long to come out because I'm still writing the series. I will write until I'm done and completely happy with the finale of a story that means so much to me. When a date is set, I will shout it from the rooftops. In the meantime, it honestly does no good to ask me when the books are going to release. When I have a date, I'll share it. If I'm not sharing, it's because there isn't anything to share.

Sylvia

Yes, we'll be doing more live Q & As. April was rough because Jennifer, my moderator, had a baby (exciting!) and I've been on the road a lot. May is a rough month, too, but I'm working on it! :)

Thanks Sylvia and congrats to Jennifer. First the audiobook narrator and now Jennifer. Gideon Cross is inspiring baby making around the world.