"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Ladies!  I am new to the forum.  I am excited but scared about the fourth book....going by the synopsis this book could prove to be a bumpy ride for Gideon and Eva.  Does anyone else feel this way?  I am sorry if this has been discussed before. I am slowly reading previous comments.  I have read  some interesting theories about what we may see in CBY.

hi all your posts about theorys got me thinking what if the person covering up for Gideon over Nathans death is his father or a friend of his father because we only have Gideon and his mums word really that he is dead and he could have easy faked his own death and joined the mafia for good but still be looking out for his son or he could  have employed someone before his death to keep an eye on Gideon and help him if he ever got into trouble. Would love to know what everyones opinion is on this whilst we wait for the next book.

hi all your posts about theorys got me thinking what if the person covering up for Gideon over Nathans death is his father or a friend of his father because we only have Gideon and his mums word really that he is dead and he could have easy faked his own death and joined the mafia for good but still be looking out for his son or he could  have employed someone before his death to keep an eye on Gideon and help him if he ever got into trouble. Would love to know what everyones opinion is on this whilst we wait for the next book.

Crossfire lover! you have a lively imagination, but I think it would be a pretty skilled person to carry out your suggestion for Mr Cross snr.

Yes sylvia did say that the release date would be announced a couple of weeks before the actual coming out. Her comment on the 4th and 5th books releasing close in time has me worried though. Especially when she says she is still writing it.... Maybe she will clarify that at some point. If she didn't come up with such great plot twists and cliff hangers I wouldn't be so impatient Lol

I don't see the book coming out any time soon based on what Sylvia said on fb.  I am as anxious as anyone else.  Sometimes I get upset.  But I would never, ever trash Sylvia.  That is just not classy.

Love the snippets.  God, Gideon just does it for me.

The Teaser Tuesday is exciting but I really do believe Sylvia has no way to judge the release date.

I think that this book might have a lot to do with Eva dealing with settling down and being caught in a limbo of marriage and Gideon's past. Remember how we talked about Gideon having a lot more secrets than we thought, I think the quote has to do with those secrets coming out and Eva's reaction. She can be ok with them and still live Gideon, but that doesn't mean she can't be overwhelmed by them.

The Teaser Tuesday is exciting but I really do believe Sylvia has no way to judge the release date.

I think that this book might have a lot to do with Eva dealing with settling down and being caught in a limbo of marriage and Gideon's past. Remember how we talked about Gideon having a lot more secrets than we thought, I think the quote has to do with those secrets coming out and Eva's reaction. She can be ok with them and still live Gideon, but that doesn't mean she can't be overwhelmed by them.

You make good points llurvegc...Gideon knows he has a lot of baggage to unload on Eva hence that one sided pre-nup and now this quote referring to him slipping off the cliff or even earlier when he gave Eva the first promise ring and referred to the x's as him holding onto her... Just can't wait to read CBY. :). ;)

Wow loved the newest snippet......really curious about Gideon having more secrets?  Do you have any thoughts on what they could be?  I am thinking that Anne will be a big problem for Eva in this book especially since Anne went out of her way to speak to Eva at that last social function that Gideon and Eva attended together.  I am wondering is there was more to Gideon and Anne's relationship or is Anne the Corinne's therapist and helping to drive Corinne over the edge and of course we can't forget Deanna.....she is certainly not going away despite what Gideon may believe.

Wow loved the newest snippet......really curious about Gideon having more secrets?  Do you have any thoughts on what they could be?  I am thinking that Anne will be a big problem for Eva in this book especially since Anne went out of her way to speak to Eva at that last social function that Gideon and Eva attended together.  I am wondering is there was more to Gideon and Anne's relationship or is Anne the Corinne's therapist and helping to drive Corinne over the edge and of course we can't forget Deanna.....she is certainly not going away despite what Gideon may believe.

I love everything about the books but sometimes the most interesting parts are the actions of the social deviates, i.e. Anne, Deanna, Corrine & Christopher. Can't wait to see what they get up to. Of course I'm also on pins & needles to find out more about Gideon & his issues. I think there is a shocker coming!

Gideon may not have more secrets, but that his inner demons are coming out and not being repressed. We are not really sure who the redhead that spoke to Eva at the dinner is. Eva thought that it was Anne. And I am pretty sure that Gideon would have noticed the name of the prescribing Dr on Corrine's pill bottles. Only Sylvia knows for sure and I am sure she will be more that forthcoming!!!

Hi everyone! I am new here and I am re reading the first three books right now while waiting for the fourth book. 

I don't know if this was mentioned before but in chapter 12 of Entwined with You, there's a construction being done on the tenth floor of Crossfire building and I'm thinking that this maybe Eva's office in the future? Since Gideon wants her to work with him and know his way around.  What do you guys think? 

Hi everyone! I am new here and I am re reading the first three books right now while waiting for the fourth book. 

I don't know if this was mentioned before but in chapter 12 of Entwined with You, there's a construction being done on the tenth floor of Crossfire building and I'm thinking that this maybe Eva's office in the future? Since Gideon wants her to work with him and know his way around.  What do you guys think?

Welcome Casily and yes everyone thinks that is Eva's corner office; wonder if Gideon will get his way afterall?

Whether Gideon has more secrets or he just deals with ghosts from his past, I think Eva is in a really good place to help him.  She has really grown and matured since the first book.  She seems more comfortable trusting Gideon acting like the solid foundation he needs to deal with his issues. I get scared thinking Gideon may pull away from Eva....the only reason I think this is because the way the synopsis for EWY reads to me.  I really can't imagine him doing that; Gideon literally needs Eva like breathing, but I am afraid his guilt over Corinne will come into play.

Whether Gideon has more secrets or he just deals with ghosts from his past, I think Eva is in a really good place to help him.  She has really grown and matured since the first book.  She seems more comfortable trusting Gideon acting like the solid foundation he needs to deal with his issues. I get scared thinking Gideon may pull away from Eva....the only reason I think this is because the way the synopsis for EWY reads to me.  I really can't imagine him doing that; Gideon literally needs Eva like breathing, but I am afraid his guilt over Corinne will come into play.

Hi Ann totally agree about Gideon needing Eva to " breathe" and I think that is what prompted his slipping off a cliff comment.... I really do think he feels that way when he is away from Eva and I think when he says that to her in the new book it will "shred" her and she will get over any anger she has toward him about his appearance in San Diego.