"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

Ok. We know Gideon shows up in San Diego with Eva.  We know he is dealing with demons and ghosts in the next book.  The only thing that I haven't seen brought up is Gideon's night terrors/nightmares that prevents him from sharing a bed with Eva.  I know this have to bother Gideon as much as Eva.  He can't share a bed with his own wife because of what might happen to her, what he might do to her without any control over his actions at the time.  I don't know about y'all but I think this will be a BIG issue for Gideon.  We saw how hurt he was after he unknowingly attacked Eva BOTH times and she had to deal with her own demons surfacing from his actions. 

In my opinion, Gideon is afraid to seek out the help of a psychiatrist in NYC because anyone there might have ties to Ann and her whole psychiatrist messed up family and they might interfere with any treatment he might be seeking out for the night terrors.  So maybe he is not only in San Diego for Eva (and knowing Brett is there).  Maybe he is there to seek out treatment with Eva's long trusted psychiatrist that helped her or at least get a referral from him that he could trust to do therapy with.  What do y'all think?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. We know Gideon shows up in San Diego with Eva.  We know he is dealing with demons and ghosts in the next book.  The only thing that I haven't seen brought up is Gideon's night terrors/nightmares that prevents him from sharing a bed with Eva.  I know this have to bother Gideon as much as Eva.  He can't share a bed with his own wife because of what might happen to her, what he might do to her without any control over his actions at the time.  I don't know about y'all but I think this will be a BIG issue for Gideon.  We saw how hurt he was after he unknowingly attacked Eva BOTH times and she had to deal with her own demons surfacing from his actions. 

In my opinion, Gideon is afraid to seek out the help of a psychiatrist in NYC because anyone there might have ties to Ann and her whole psychiatrist messed up family and they might interfere with any treatment he might be seeking out for the night terrors.  So maybe he is not only in San Diego for Eva (and knowing Brett is there).  Maybe he is there to seek out treatment with Eva's long trusted psychiatrist that helped her or at least get a referral from him that he could trust to do therapy with.  What do y'all think?

Welcome jnmclain you make some good points. Yes it has to be killing Gideon that he can not share a bed with Eva and he must wonder whether he will ever be able to. I do think he trusts Dr. Peterson because he would never have continued with him up to this point if that were not the case. As far as Dr. Travis is concerned , his specialty is with "mad" kids and Gideon is certainly no longer a kid but I am sure he would love to at least meet the doctor that Eva has credited with saving her life.

So I'm really mad right now cause I just finished reading EWY and I really feel some kind way. All I can think about is Eva grabbing Gideon by his tie and dragging him to her room and having amazing sex. So when I say those things I get really mad because I can not continue to re-read the books over and over again….Wait hold up, I'm lying…I just finished the books again and I LOVE SYLVIA DAY!!! I'm such a sucka for a great love story and I'm about to start them again. I sit and watch many people complaint about dates and all that extra stuff and my response is…READ THE BOOKS AGAIN!!! I feel its real disrespectful to call them books, because it's a story true to many hearts. What I desire and hope is that people appreciate the characters, the story and the time and love Ms. Day has chosen to put into each character and each book. That's why I do not get mad about a release date or that extra nonsense. I know when we do get the release product, it will be so amazing, and all will forget the bulls*** about release dates, teasers, and all that business. Do ya thang Ms. Day, I'm with you a 100%!!!

I agree with you. Sylvia writes great books and I have reading some of her historical novels to keep my occupied with until CBY comes out. I wonder what Cary will say or do when Eva tell him about the tape with her and Brett. And I wonder if Brett allready knows about the tape. I mean  did their wannabe videographer set up cameras backstage and never told the band about that. I Think thats one of the reasons Gideon is in SD. Let me know what you all Think about that. Maybe we will have the answer in CBY.

So I'm really mad right now cause I just finished reading EWY and I really feel some kind way. All I can think about is Eva grabbing Gideon by his tie and dragging him to her room and having amazing sex. So when I say those things I get really mad because I can not continue to re-read the books over and over again….Wait hold up, I'm lying…I just finished the books again and I LOVE SYLVIA DAY!!! I'm such a sucka for a great love story and I'm about to start them again. I sit and watch many people complaint about dates and all that extra stuff and my response is…READ THE BOOKS AGAIN!!! I feel its real disrespectful to call them books, because it's a story true to many hearts. What I desire and hope is that people appreciate the characters, the story and the time and love Ms. Day has chosen to put into each character and each book. That's why I do not get mad about a release date or that extra nonsense. I know when we do get the release product, it will be so amazing, and all will forget the bulls*** about release dates, teasers, and all that business. Do ya thang Ms. Day, I'm with you a 100%!!!

Yes deek couldn't agree more....Someone awhile back on this blog stated that the Crossfire series was Sylvia's masterpiece and I too believe this to be true. GidEva are two characters that you can't get out of your head. The reader experiences a variety of emotions while reading about them and of course after the read, the time spent thinking about them is just as intense. I almost don't want CBY to release because then we will be that much closer to the end of their story as if there ever could be an end as Gideon says...So I totally agree with you when you say READ THE BOOKS AGAIN and be certain that Sylvia is writing the perfect complement to the books so far!! By the way my favorite so far was EWY. I absolutely love that book and have read it and listened to it at least 20 times. :). ;)

Gideon may not have more secrets, but that his inner demons are coming out and not being repressed. We are not really sure who the redhead that spoke to Eva at the dinner is. Eva thought that it was Anne. And I am pretty sure that Gideon would have noticed the name of the prescribing Dr on Corrine's pill bottles. Only Sylvia knows for sure and I am sure she will be more that forthcoming!!!

As far as the name on the pill bottles go, it could be one of Ann's associates in the same practice that Corinne is seeing...I'm sure Ann would have access to all patient files in her own practice and devious as she is , she can get her hands on anything she wants to know.

I bet Eva was using the cell phone tracking to just check in with Gideon and when she saw he was in SD she went to find him. So he was surprised but not her.

Maybe Cary and Eva are staying at Victor's and Gideon showed up to see her and of course Victor.....then Eva trys calling Gideon and hears a phone ringing and finds Gideon during his workout with Victor's equipemnt (if he has a set of equipment). Can't see Victor being thrilled with "security" being around...afterall he is a cop!

It is almost TEASER TUESDAY!!!!!!

As far as the name on the pill bottles go, it could be one of Ann's associates in the same practice that Corinne is seeing...I'm sure Ann would have access to all patient files in her own practice and devious as she is , she can get her hands on anything she wants to know.

but don't you think that Gideon would be aware of her practice associates also? He is afterall keeping tabs on Dr. Terry her hubby.

Gideon would already know if Anne was the prescriber of Corinne's pills cause he went over there and looked at the prescription. Remember how he told Eva he figured out Corrine was being extra extra loco because he looked at the prescription? I think Anne might be feeding stuff to Deanna but not messing with Corinne's pills. The issue with Corrine is that she tried to overdose and hurt Gudeon through that. I think Anne saying those things to Eva at the party at the end of CBY has nothing to do with the pills Corrine was prescribed. It's just two women trying to get to gideva at the same time. Like it said in the book synopsis: Gideon's Skeletons almost become too much to handle

but don't you think that Gideon would be aware of her practice associates also? He is afterall keeping tabs on Dr. Terry her hubby.

I know Gideon is brilliant but I actually do not think he keeps track of her practice associates unless of course one would be named Dr. Peterson lol!! Oh well only Sylvia knows for sure!!

Maybe Cary and Eva are staying at Victor's and Gideon showed up to see her and of course Victor.....then Eva trys calling Gideon and hears a phone ringing and finds Gideon during his workout with Victor's equipemnt (if he has a set of equipment). Can't see Victor being thrilled with "security" being around...afterall he is a cop!It is almost TEASER TUESDAY!!!!!!

Hi jmhope I would actually love to see Gideon spending time with Victor on his own. I look forward to a respectful relationship developing between these two and I can't wait to see how Sylvia writes it. Afterall nothing would make Eva happier than to see these 2 most important men in her life forming a strong bond.

I know Gideon is brilliant but I actually do not think he keeps track of her practice associates unless of course one would be named Dr. Peterson lol!! Oh well only Sylvia knows for sure!!

Hi jmhope I would actually love to see Gideon spending time with Victor on his own. I look forward to a respectful relationship developing between these two and I can't wait to see how Sylvia writes it. Afterall nothing would make Eva happier than to see these 2 most important men in her life forming a strong bond.

Sylvia is probably sitting back and getting quite a few chuckles from all our theories!! Hope she has a safe trip to Germany and that she doesn't forget "Teaser Tuesday"!!

Okay forgive ladies but I am rereading Bared To You......why Gideon is so attracted to Eva?  I understand that she is beautiful, but she is blonde and petite not his usual preference.  Is there a place in the first 3 books where this is addressed?

Okay forgive ladies but I am rereading Bared To You......why Gideon is so attracted to Eva?  I understand that she is beautiful, but she is blonde and petite not his usual preference.  Is there a place in the first 3 books where this is addressed?

Ann will you be attending any events Sylvia is at while she is in Germany? If so you can ask her your question!! :). ;)

sscrph

Its so sad because Sylvia will be at a bookshop about an hour from my home, but I am leaving that day to go to France for the weekend. I can't believe she will be that close and I can't make it!  I hope she does enjoy her stay in Germany.....its so beautiful here.

sscrph

Its so sad because Sylvia will be at a bookshop about an hour from my home, but I am leaving that day to go to France for the weekend. I can't believe she will be that close and I can't make it!  I hope she does enjoy her stay in Germany.....its so beautiful here.

sscrph

I have seen her posts and she looks like she is having a lovely time. I am so disappointed for you because everyone that has gone to a book signing says they are fun... Oh well your weekend in France will probably be amazing as well!! :). ;)

I don't understand the meaning of this teaser.....what meaning is Sylvia giving to the word "tear" Tear as in cry or tear as in rip apart? Clueless....any opinions?

I took it as tear as in clawing at her trying to hold on...???...Just need the book...sigh. :(. :(