"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad I wasn't the only one to struggle to get the meaning of the snippet.  The word tear doesn't make sense to me, but we are not seeing the whole scene play out either.  I guess we will just have to wait until the book releases to really understand it.

Glad I wasn't the only one to struggle to get the meaning of the snippet.  The word tear doesn't make sense to me, but we are not seeing the whole scene play out either.  I guess we will just have to wait until the book releases to really understand it.

I don't understand the meaning of this teaser.....what meaning is Sylvia giving to the word "tear" Tear as in cry or tear as in rip apart? Clueless....any opinions?

Thanks !  I thought it was just me ... I keep re-reading but the 1st part makes no sense to me.  Maybe it's the choice of words.  

Thanks !  I thought it was just me ... I keep re-reading but the 1st part makes no sense to me.  Maybe it's the choice of words.

Maybe Sylvia can give us another teaser/snippet before Tuesday since we're all so confused.... We just need CBY !! :). :)

either that or Sylvia can join our discussion and let us know what she is thinking!!! Sounds like she is having too much fun in Germany!!

Maybe next Tuesday's Teaser will give us some answers. But I agree, I think it has to do with ripping not crying, but what do I know?

Hey everyone, I joined last december but never really joined discussion so i guess i can say i'm new here :) I, too, was quite confused by the snippet but after re-reading it over and over again i think i might understand it. I'm guessing it's tear as in rip apart. Judging by what Eva says 'why don't you get that i'm not going anywhere' i think giedon is probaby truly testing how much Eva can handle his 'dark past' or himself etc. SInce they're married now, i sense from that snippet that maybe gideon is starting to feel guilty that he's making Eva go through a of a lot and trying to prove to her that she won't be able to handle whatever skeleton is left to unfold. And Eva's just trying to prove to Gideon that she can handle it and she wants to be there for him, 'So you're going to tear at me to hold on' hmmm... maybe Gideon's probabaly loosing it, snapping unnecessarily or i don't know something along those lines, maybe the past is catching up and the only way he can 'hold on' is let the frustration out but he fears that letting the frustration out is going to make Eva run?

Haha i'm just rambling on right now, but the snippet really gave me a lot to think about. I cannot wait for CBY and i really don't mind how long we have to wait. I just like having something to look forward to instead of having nothing to look forward to when the series is over :( meanwhile I'm keeping myself occuppied by re-reading the books and seeing if i've missed anything important.

Anyway, i hope everyone is having or have had a nice day :)

Hey everyone, I joined last december but never really joined discussion so i guess i can say i'm new here :) I, too, was quite confused by the snippet but after re-reading it over and over again i think i might understand it. I'm guessing it's tear as in rip apart. Judging by what Eva says 'why don't you get that i'm not going anywhere' i think giedon is probaby truly testing how much Eva can handle his 'dark past' or himself etc. SInce they're married now, i sense from that snippet that maybe gideon is starting to feel guilty that he's making Eva go through a ###### of a lot and trying to prove to her that she won't be able to handle whatever skeleton is left to unfold. And Eva's just trying to prove to Gideon that she can handle it and she wants to be there for him, 'So you're going to tear at me to hold on' hmmm... maybe Gideon's probabaly loosing it, snapping unnecessarily or i don't know something along those lines, maybe the past is catching up and the only way he can 'hold on' is let the frustration out but he fears that letting the frustration out is going to make Eva run?

Haha i'm just rambling on right now, but the snippet really gave me a lot to think about. I cannot wait for CBY and i really don't mind how long we have to wait. I just like having something to look forward to instead of having nothing to look forward to when the series is over :( meanwhile I'm keeping myself occuppied by re-reading the books and seeing if i've missed anything important.

Anyway, i hope everyone is having or have had a nice day :)

Welcome Nazz and I totally agree with you I am definitely not looking forward to life without GidEva after book 5... :(. :(

Welcome Nazz and I totally agree with you I am definitely not looking forward to life without GidEva after book 5... :(. :(

Hey don't forget about the television series! After book 5, we'll be able to tune in each week to watch GidEva on the silver screen. I really hope it airs on Showtime or HBO so that they can show all the juicy love scenes. However, I did see that Sylvia said on FB that she hasn't heard from the producers in months and that sometimes even though books get licensed for TV that doesn't mean it will actually come to fruition. That made me really nervous when she said that. I hope life after book 5 involves a long lasting TV series that do the books justice because I definitely won't be ready to say goodbye. 

Did anyone else read the facebook post ( I found it at Sylviaday.com under community) from the RT convention....it had a lot to do with CBY and a small amount of info with Crossfire coming to TV....but for CBY she had to do some fine tuning for the book because some points that needed to be addressed weren't in there yet....she hopes to wrap up soon and give us cover art and a release date!!!! No wonder she is "with Gideon and of course Eva in Germany...." Nice hotel room by the way!!

Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone!!

Did anyone else read the facebook post ( I found it at Sylviaday.com under community) from the RT convention....it had a lot to do with CBY and a small amount of info with Crossfire coming to TV....but for CBY she had to do some fine tuning for the book because some points that needed to be addressed weren't in there yet....she hopes to wrap up soon and give us cover art and a release date!!!! No wonder she is "with Gideon and of course Eva in Germany...." Nice hotel room by the way!!Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone!!

Yes I did see that and I hope she gets some good inspiration on her trip!!!

I wonder if the comments about working on book 4 again meant that book 5 was done and had been read through leading to them figuring out book 4 needed some changes. I'm hoping that was the case then maybe they will both be out by Fall.

I hope you are right.  I am weary of waiting.  I have been putting off rereading because I want the whole story to be fresh in my mind when CBY comes out.  I wish we just had a clue as to when.

There is something fishy with these last 2 books.  Makes no sense that Sylvia cannot get them out unless she has decided for whatever reason to rewrite. NOT BLAMING HER. The books are her babies and she can do as she pleases. Since waiting has been long. I have gotten into other authors.  Kristen Ashley has books out like crazy.  The author of THIS MAN series has a new series starting in August with first 2 book covers released and excerpts.  Sane thing with the author of GABRIEL series.  New book out soon with cover and excerpts.  And Samantha Young. Not understanding the long delay.  If she says sometime in 2014, which she has on fb, then I am not expecting CBY until  the fall.  I miss G and E.  Love the teasers but …….

There is something fishy with these last 2 books.  Makes no sense that Sylvia cannot get them out unless she has decided for whatever reason to rewrite. NOT BLAMING HER. The books are her babies and she can do as she pleases. Since waiting has been long. I have gotten into other authors.  Kristen Ashley has books out like crazy.  The author of THIS MAN series has a new series starting in August with first 2 book covers released and excerpts.  Sane thing with the author of GABRIEL series.  New book out soon with cover and excerpts.  And Samantha Young. Not understanding the long delay.  If she says sometime in 2014, which she has on fb, then I am not expecting CBY until  the fall.  I miss G and E.  Love the teasers but …….

Hi GLH I like all those series you mentioned and will certainly read those while I wait...I certainly don't understand Sylvia's publishers because the summer is when everyone always picks up a good "beach" read which CBY certainly would be...oh well I'm actually tired of trying to understand how they work...Just keeping the faith and hoping for a July or August release or September at the latest. :)

Maybe since the books have more hype behind them the publishers are taking longer than they usually would with a romance series. But yeah, I definitely think they will be out in October or November. I mean, if the books aren't even done being written then three to four months is a reasonsable amount of time to get then out. Wouldn't be surprised if if was December even

Ugh...I did not like the 'This Man' series at all...

Love all of Samantha Youngs' books...she's great w. her fans too, like Sylvia on FB.

Anyone watch the spreecast? Anything interesting mentioned?

I too wonder if that last snippet was Eva over hearing, or something from Gideon's POV. A couple other pics that Sylvia has on twitter has her asking people to fill in the blanks...they are not from Eva POV..

Hmmm....