"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

There is something fishy with these last 2 books.  Makes no sense that Sylvia cannot get them out unless she has decided for whatever reason to rewrite. NOT BLAMING HER. The books are her babies and she can do as she pleases. Since waiting has been long. I have gotten into other authors.  Kristen Ashley has books out like crazy.  The author of THIS MAN series has a new series starting in August with first 2 book covers released and excerpts.  Sane thing with the author of GABRIEL series.  New book out soon with cover and excerpts.  And Samantha Young. Not understanding the long delay.  If she says sometime in 2014, which she has on fb, then I am not expecting CBY until  the fall.  I miss G and E.  Love the teasers but …….

Fishy from the publishers.....Sylvia mentioned in the spreecast that the publisher sets the release dates according to when it is best for all. Since thess are released internationally and not just in the US, they (the publishers) have to come up with the most beneficial date. Sounds strange to me, like it has been said...summer is the best time to read, but I guess it is not summer everywhere.

Must continue to wait patiently

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Kirsten! I hope this is the beginning of a trend of meatier snippets. One of the things I look forward to is Gideon's horrible mother getting her just desserts. That woman is the locus of so much of the poison he needs to get out of his life. I don't believe for a minute that she's really offering him any real, constructive help. I think she's "helping" by bad-mouthing Eva and spreading tales about Eva and Brett. I hope Gideon shows her the door... and sells Vidal Records and puts the proceeds into a trust for Ireland.

Thanks, Kirsten! I hope this is the beginning of a trend of meatier snippets. One of the things I look forward to is Gideon's horrible mother getting her just desserts. That woman is the locus of so much of the poison he needs to get out of his life. I don't believe for a minute that she's really offering him any real, constructive help. I think she's "helping" by bad-mouthing Eva and spreading tales about Eva and Brett. I hope Gideon shows her the door... and sells Vidal Records and puts the proceeds into a trust for Ireland.

Elizabeth Vidal seems like she is too cunning to bad mouth Eva to Gideon but if she does...It will be the biggest mistake of her life next to not believing Gideon. :(. :(

Elizabeth Vidal seems like she is too cunning to bad mouth Eva to Gideon but if she does...It will be the biggest mistake of her life next to not believing Gideon. :(. :(

Gideon doesn't hold too much ill will towards his mother...afterall he did say that he didn't want her to suffer through losing everything again when her husband/his father died. He did this by convincing her to convince the Vidals to go public and Elizabeth selling Ireland's shares to Gideon.

I think he cares for her and feels responsible for her, at least to a certain extent. But I don't think he wants anything much to do with her. And because he's always capitulated and given her pretty much what she wanted (because it's easier and probably keeps contact between them to a minimum) I think she believes she has a great influence on him. I also think she'll find out little control she actually has when she tries to drive a wedge between Gideon and Eva.

I think he cares for her and feels responsible for her, at least to a certain extent. But I don't think he wants anything much to do with her. And because he's always capitulated and given her pretty much what she wanted (because it's easier and probably keeps contact between them to a minimum) I think she believes she has a great influence on him. I also think she'll find out little control she actually has when she tries to drive a wedge between Gideon and Eva.

In BTY Gideon stated that the only woman in his apartment had been his mother. I wonder how often and the last time that Elizabeth was there.? We know it hasn't been in the last 2 and 1/2 months. That's how long (approximately) Gideon and Eva have been together :)

In BTY Gideon stated that the only woman in his apartment had been his mother. I wonder how often and the last time that Elizabeth was there.? We know it hasn't been in the last 2 and 1/2 months. That's how long (approximately) Gideon and Eva have been together :)

Truthfully I think they probably run into each other accidentally at social functions. Gideon certainly doesn't visit the Vidal estate and actually Elizabeth probably isn't even on his approved list of visitors. Perhaps she corners him into meeting her for lunch occasionally.

Hi carolc totally agree. :). :)

Truthfully I think they probably run into each other accidentally at social functions. Gideon certainly doesn't visit the Vidal estate and actually Elizabeth probably isn't even on his approved list of visitors. Perhaps she corners him into meeting her for lunch occasionally.

Hi Sscrph & Carol,

I agree with you ladies as well.  I do wonder when Elizabeth last visited Gideon's apartment. 

You can tell that Gideon cares for his mother and wouldn't want anything to happen to her. Like when he bought part of Vidal Records so she wouldn't have to go through another financial catastrophe. He just doesn't trust her or be around her. If she begged him to meet her, whether it was her office or for lunch in public, then he would, especially if she sounded distressed. Gideon is a good person after all. I bet it is a social function though cause if we are hearing the conversation then that means Eva is as well.

You can tell that Gideon cares for his mother and wouldn't want anything to happen to her. Like when he bought part of Vidal Records so she wouldn't have to go through another financial catastrophe. He just doesn't trust her or be around her. If she begged him to meet her, whether it was her office or for lunch in public, then he would, especially if she sounded distressed. Gideon is a good person after all. I bet it is a social function though cause if we are hearing the conversation then that means Eva is as well.

Good point llurvegc it makes you wonder where this conversation actually takes place...wherever it is I'm sure it will be very interesting!!

He may have genuine affection for his mother or he may just have a heightened sense of duty, particularly after what happened with his father. There is also the matter of his reputation. What would the world (consumers, stockholders, etc.) think of a billionaire who allowed his own mother to become destitute? I think that part of hhis motivation to become successful might have been to redeem the Cross name. I wouldn't be surprised if book 4 or 5 contained some sort of vindication for Gideon's father, like maybe he took the blame for something Elizabeth had done. This is far - fetched and I don't know HOW it could've happened. But Gideon's mother seems totally without any redeeming characteristics, concerned only with appearances and her own security, while Gideon is a person who shoulders his responsibilities even toward those who've utterly failed him. How could he have become so ethical without at least one parent who shared that trait?

He may have genuine affection for his mother or he may just have a heightened sense of duty, particularly after what happened with his father. There is also the matter of his reputation. What would the world (consumers, stockholders, etc.) think of a billionaire who allowed his own mother to become destitute? I think that part of hhis motivation to become successful might have been to redeem the Cross name. I wouldn't be surprised if book 4 or 5 contained some sort of vindication for Gideon's father, like maybe he took the blame for something Elizabeth had done. This is far - fetched and I don't know HOW it could've happened. But Gideon's mother seems totally without any redeeming characteristics, concerned only with appearances and her own security, while Gideon is a person who shoulders his responsibilities even toward those who've utterly failed him. How could he have become so ethical without at least one parent who shared that trait?

Yes carolc there definitely may be more to the story of Geoffrey Cross...As Gideon continues his therapy maybe

some repressed memories may give him more clues to the past imperfect.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else having trouble connecting to the SylviaDay.com website? Everytime I try it comes by "hacked" by someone? Hope they fix it soon, that is the only way that I see her facebook posts....luckily I can see her tweets on this website.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish she would give another hint wether or not the book is still being worked on, or if she has fixed all those issues with the plot line she informed us on. Idk how to take my mind of the waiting, I feel like a little puppy lol. I think I'm just more fustrated the book isn't out than I am more anxious to read what happens.

• 1 month later...

Hello ladies--

It has been a while since I posted.  Life and not a whole lot new to say.  And I don't know if this is the right place to put my thoughts.

I read a lot.  I have said that often.  I think I have read everything Sylvia has written minus the supernatural stuff which I don't like.  I miss her.  I miss her writing and no one, and I mean this, no one can create a character like she can.  So, after reading many different authors, I wanted to revisit G and E since I feel so sad that we have waited so long for the continuation of their amazing story.  Gideon still grabs my heart from the start.  I reread BTY and am now into RIY.  There are a ton of "book boyfriends" out there but G just does it for me.  There are others that get to me like Jesse Ward, Gabriel Emerson, Ethan Blackstone, Christian Grey.  But there is only one Gideon.  

When?

Hello ladies--

It has been a while since I posted.  Life and not a whole lot new to say.  And I don't know if this is the right place to put my thoughts.

I read a lot.  I have said that often.  I think I have read everything Sylvia has written minus the supernatural stuff which I don't like.  I miss her.  I miss her writing and no one, and I mean this, no one can create a character like she can.  So, after reading many different authors, I wanted to revisit G and E since I feel so sad that we have waited so long for the continuation of their amazing story.  Gideon still grabs my heart from the start.  I reread BTY and am now into RIY.  There are a ton of "book boyfriends" out there but G just does it for me.  There are others that get to me like Jesse Ward, Gabriel Emerson, Ethan Blackstone, Christian Grey.  But there is only one Gideon.  

When?

Oh GLH I feel your pain and totally agree with your assessment I'm just hoping that as the weather turns colder and summer turns to fall we will be able to cuddle up with Gideon...