"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

Does anyone else feel a certain way about Cary? First of all, he basically lives off of Eva; I'm not saying he owes her anything since that is the arraingment that they had made, but I also don't feel like he needs to question where she is/give her a hard time for not disclosing more of what she has been up to during EWY.

Most important to me is how judgement he is of her. She walked in on his orgy and she barely gave him any grief about it, but he has nothing but opionions and, again, judging comments about her relationship.

He's supposed to be a friend, but I just feel like some of her self-esteem issues could be due to how he makes her feel about hee choices.

It might just be me though...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else feel a certain way about Cary? First of all, he basically lives off of Eva; I'm not saying he owes her anything since that is the arraingment that they had made, but I also don't feel like he needs to question where she is/give her a hard time for not disclosing more of what she has been up to during EWY.

Most important to me is how judgement he is of her. She walked in on his orgy and she barely gave him any grief about it, but he has nothing but opionions and, again, judging comments about her relationship.

He's supposed to be a friend, but I just feel like some of her self-esteem issues could be due to how he makes her feel about hee choices.

It might just be me though...

they have a co-dependent relationship forged thru therapy group. Cary could be a better friend, he seems to be always thinking of himself and not of others. He has put Eva is awkward situations; like the orgy, juggling both Trey and Tatiana at the apartment, etc.

I am so HAPPY!!! Thanks Sylvia for brightening up my "Day".

Yes, I tried pre-ordering with Amazon, and they don't have a listing for it yet. :(

Wonder what the significance of the pen means? EWY had luggage tags, BTY had cuff links and RIY had a key fob ?? Oh I just can't wait!!! Hope Sylvia gives us a chapter countdown with photos like she did with EWY; that was fun!!

Oh Happy Day !!! Thanks again Sylvia, you are the best!

The pen looks like it could be an old style Mont Blanc (I think that may be the Mont Blanc snow cap flat version just visible on the top???) so could this be his father's pen?

The pen looks like it could be an old style Mont Blanc (I think that may be the Mont Blanc snow cap flat version just visible on the top???) so could this be his father's pen?

Don't know what a "Mont Blanc" pen is or snow cap....but if you look closely at the pen you can see the initials GC which could stand for either Gideon Cross or his father Geoffrey Cross.....so you could be on to something

they have a co-dependent relationship forged thru therapy group. Cary could be a better friend, he seems to be always thinking of himself and not of others. He has put Eva is awkward situations; like the orgy, juggling both Trey and Tatiana at the apartment, etc.

That's a very good point. I just feel like the reasom she has to hide so many things is because she's afraid of his reaction

Don't know what a "Mont Blanc" pen is or snow cap....but if you look closely at the pen you can see the initials GC which could stand for either Gideon Cross or his father Geoffrey Cross.....so you could be on to something

Hi

Yes, I spotted the GC and that could be either Gideon or Geoffrey Cross. Mont Blanc are a premium brand of pens and the snow cap is their trademark (the snow cap on the summit of Mont Blanc mountain). They are one of the brands that have kudos in the business and other worlds due to their elegance (and possibly due to the price of some of the range). They are fantastic pens to write with, I have their Fountain Pen, Ball Pen and Pencil in the 'Homage a W A Mozart' range. I can't say for certain the pen on the cover is a Mont Blanc as it is definitely not current range, hence my feeling it might be his father's pen which, along with his mother's ring somehow became Gideon's property.

[url=http://www.montblanc.com/en-gb/shop/landing-pages/uk/gift-guide-for-her.aspx?ecid=GB_SEA__google_text-ad_mont%20blanc_e_[start+Date+]&source=mobile]http://www.montblanc.com/en-gb/shop/landing-pages/uk/gift-guide-for-her.aspx?ecid=GB_SEA__google_text-ad_mont%20blanc_e_[start+Date+]&source=mobile

Cary is drama.  That is part of his charm.  He also centers Eva when he is in a good place.  I think they are great together as best friends.  Neither is perfect.  They love each other unconditionally and that is completely evident.  They need their friendship.  He does not use her.  It isn't in his nature to do that.  They have a bond, thanks to Dr. T, that I cannot see broken.

That pen represents money, elegance, and class.  Love the cover.  

I'm not sure about the lengths of time listed and there are only 3 books in the Dream Guardians series, not 4, but the rest looks right.

The Dream Guardians series isn't with a publisher, neither is Dangerous--which is a series of two very short stories (each installment is the length of two Crossfire chapters)--so they have to be fit in around my contracted works.

The Sapphire Trilogy is with a publisher, who isn't sure they want me to continue with the series. Since they own the rights to it, until they decide I can't continue.

The Renegade Angels is with the same publisher as Crossfire and they prefer that we all focus on Crossfire and not work on other series between Crossfire books.

Hope this helps!

Hi Sylvia,

Thank you for the information.  I am sure that so many people are excited about the new release date and cover art.  I had a quick question;  what time will you be speaking at the Toronto International Book Fair?  I noticed that your speaking time was not listed on the website. 

Any information that you could provide would be greatly appreciated by your Canadian fans who would like to attend this event.  :)  Thanks in advance.  :)

GiGi  :)

Considering the volume of people posting on Sylvia's Facebook page that they either will not buy any more of this series, or won't buy until Book 5 is released, in the UK the book is already number one in iTunes and number one in three Kindle categories - Romance, Erotica and Contemporary.

Hi Sylvia,

Thank you for the information.  I am sure that so many people are excited about the new release date and cover art.  I had a quick question;  what time will you be speaking at the Toronto International Book Fair?  I noticed that your speaking time was not listed on the website. 

Any information that you could provide would be greatly appreciated by your Canadian fans who would like to attend this event.  :)  Thanks in advance.  :)

GiGi  :)

Hi Gigi so excited that you will be able to see Sylvia in person... Enjoy!!

Back to the discussion of the pen on the front of CBY.  The front of the books have meant something to the stories and not just 'belong' to either Gideon or Eva.  The other books showed something that represented something completely different than just the object. 

In my opinion, Gideon's cufflinks were a sign of who he was and his power, having nothing to do with falling in love for the first time in his life or possibly the things he would do for that person (kill someone).  The key fob on RIY had Gideon's initials but it was a sign of the trust Eva was putting into him with access to her life/house.  The luggage tags on ETW showed Gideon's name but the underlying one only showed the beginnings of Cross and could have easily been Eva's but we didn't know that until you got to the part about them traveling to get married.  I think Gideon was determined to 'bind her to him' in a contractually way but making her his in the end and also for protection against her past and who knows, maybe his.  Plus this plan was in motion way before the move to fly off to get married.  And in my opinion I think the 10th floor of his building is under construction for a business for her.  I think he will make her start an advertising/PR business for Cross Industries and bring her boss, Mark, along to help. 

My opinion is that there is an underlying purpose of Gideon's or his dad's pen.  If you look at the UK version, there is a silver rope in the picture.  They could both show being bind by or to someone, as in, married to Gideon now and will stand by him (via a contract, marriage license that Eva could sign with the pen, a business) or a contract in a sense that Gideon has signed with someone that binds him to his dark past that is supposed to be revealed in the last two books.  I am inclined to think the pen could be 'mightier than the sword' and with Eva's help, Gideon will use his business sense to remove or disentangle himself from that past.

Sorry, I got so tired of everyone being negative about the release of the remainder of the story and berating Sylvia over something she had no control over.  Reading that negativity can overflow into everyday life and I’m sick of seeing that stuff instead of discussing the possible paths her future books could go.  I just want to get back to the discussion of the books and story lines.  But I am starting to read the first three books in October so when the 4th is released, I’ll be ready to dissect.

Back to Cary's story.  He and Eva have a co-dependent relationship that developed out of growing up in tough times that they clung to each other to help 'save' each other through their difficult times and function in their present lives, which for Cary seems to still need more help from Eva with the orgies and such.  They are both growing up and slowly not becoming as dependent on each other.  Gideon knows about this attachment and doesn't encourage it but I think he sees that they are growing out of it to an extent and growing up.  He offered his side apartment to Cary to be close to Eva when she moves in but now that Tatiana is pregnant (which I think is crap and a ploy of some sort that will eventually lead back to biting Gideon and Eva in the butt) I have no clue as to whether Cary will step up and try to be a man/dad or flake and hang on to Eva and their friendship. 

And we know that she and Cary go back to San Diego for time with the Doc, but if he just found out that Tatiana is pregnant, I'm a little surprised that he is willing to make that trip instead of figure out what is going on in his life.  I know the Doc could help him navigate that, but I'm just a little surprised.

Looking at the UK cover, I'm not sure that is a rope, enlarging the picture it seems to be three rows of gems (crystals, diamonds?)with a darker row of gems across the top, against some silky/satiny fabric. Too long to be a bracelet so possibly a necklace, or could be straps on an evening gown with the fabric being the gown?

I'm in the UK but have bought the US books (I prefer US paperbacks to UK ones, the paper quality is so much nicer and the books hold open in a way that doesn't damage the spine)but we have had a high heeled shoe, a ring and a perfume bottle on our covers so far, I haven't thought to deeply about the significance of those but there must be.

I called Brilliance Audio today to find out about the release of the "Captivated by You" audio book.  They show the book is  available on November 18.  You can preorder the CD version and the MP3 that will be shipped on the publication date but information regarding preorders of Audible.com and iTunes versions was not available.  Brilliance does show audio versions for those formats will be produced

It maybe the print publisher does not want to lose sales to audio.

P.S.

Jill Redfield IS the narrator!!

Hello ladies,

I haven't visited in a long time but now that we see light at the end of the tunnel I decided to jump on and see what you all are talking about. 

I see many old friends are here still discussing Crossfire events.  It is good to see you all again.  Come on November 18!

Hello ladies,

I haven't visited in a long time but now that we see light at the end of the tunnel I decided to jump on and see what you all are talking about. 

I see many old friends are here still discussing Crossfire events.  It is good to see you all again.  Come on November 18!

Hey Sharon I can't wait for the ole gang to be back together again and all the new members too :)