"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbidwell,

I think you mean well but your post comes across (to me) as abrasive, accusatory, and demanding. I know it's been 11 months. It's taking so long to come out because I'm still writing the series. I will write until I'm done and completely happy with the finale of a story that means so much to me. When a date is set, I will shout it from the rooftops. In the meantime, it honestly does no good to ask me when the books are going to release. When I have a date, I'll share it. If I'm not sharing, it's because there isn't anything to share.

Sylvia

Hi sylvia. I am just asking a question if you can,t take what I have writen then don,t say something you can,t keep because you are getting peoples hopes up and that is wrong I have never been abrasive or accusatory or demanding your the one who says there should be date within weeks or it should not take long not me your the one being abrasive and accusatory you are writing nasty thing to me it is really beginning to me off I will no longer visit this websit or look out for your books ho and by the way I get what I write checked so no one can say I am being horrible when I am not

Hi sylvia. I am just asking a question if you can,t take what I have writen then don,t say something you can,t keep because you are getting peoples hopes up and that is wrong I have never been abrasive or accusatory or demanding your the one who says there should be date within weeks or it should not take long not me your the one being abrasive and accusatory you are writing nasty thing to me it is really beginning to ###### me off I will no longer visit this websit or look out for your books ho and by the way I get what I write checked so no one can say I am being horrible when I am not

Tbidwell I understand your frustration with not having Gideon yet but i think something is getting lost in translation. I also find your posts abrasive. This is Sylvia's fan forum which she has set up so all of her fans can come to one place and interact with her and other fans. I'd hate for her not to frequent her own site because people are not being supportive.

Tbidwell I understand your frustration with not having Gideon yet but i think something is getting lost in translation. I also find your posts abrasive. This is Sylvia's fan forum which she has set up so all of her fans can come to one place and interact with her and other fans. I'd hate for her not to frequent her own site because people are not being supportive.

hi kirsten 

i understand this is sylvia.s websit i was NOT being abrasive i get my messages checked by my boyfriend and he is a law man i don,t care about weather or not the book comes out any more i am done waiting you did not see the horrible messages she sent me i go by what my boyfriend say and he says i was NOT abrasive i was just asking a questions and pointing out a fact 

Well said Kirsten!!!  :) :)

And thank you Sylvia for the info on podcast, those are really fun!!!!

Well Said Kirsten

I am sorry Tbidwell but what you said was aggressive, I as a member of this site find your tone to Sylvia aggressive and very disrespectful she is the author, she writes the books we all love and we have to wait for her to finish the series and be happy with it, regardless of how frustrated we all get as we love these characters, it takes time and let's face it no one wants the book to come out and have a naff ending do we.

We all say what was said a few weeks back and I hate to remind you but you said a while back you were not writing anything more on this site again.

Why don't we just let Sylvia get on with her book.  I for one can't wait to meet her this year when she comes to my home country for the Edinburgh Author Event, that will be one of the highlights of my year

Sheena :)

...i know there won't be any 'real' date until you, Sylvia, announce it, but amazon just announced a releasing date for the german(!!) version of your book- october...

just saying...

Actually this ""supposed" October release date makes sense to me. Captivated will be released in October and the final book probably in December to take advantage of the Christmas retail season. I can live with this LOL ... :). :)

Not sure if I wrote this before or not but maybe there was an initial idea to release the books in May or June of this year but that could be pushed ahead to coincide with the announcement/launch of the television series? I don't think the lions gate deal was in place when talk of the release first started. Maybe they are trying to have the hype for the book carry over to the tv series, it would make complete sense to release them somewhat together. Or maybe they are developing the series and need to know the complete ending of the series before they start the tv show, this could be part of the hold up too. Either way I don't get ehy people attack Sylvia or continue to ask about a release date, if you follow her here and on fb you will see that atleast 3000x a day she is asked the same question and has the same answer when she knows you'll know. Attacking her does nothing at all if anything it's probably having the opposite effect. So instead of asking for dates why don't we all collectively support her and encourage more snippets to keep our conversations going on other topics besides the release date??

Not sure if I wrote this before or not but maybe there was an initial idea to release the books in May or June of this year but that could be pushed ahead to coincide with the announcement/launch of the television series? I don't think the lions gate deal was in place when talk of the release first started. Maybe they are trying to have the hype for the book carry over to the tv series, it would make complete sense to release them somewhat together. Or maybe they are developing the series and need to know the complete ending of the series before they start the tv show, this could be part of the hold up too. Either way I don't get ehy people attack Sylvia or continue to ask about a release date, if you follow her here and on fb you will see that atleast 3000x a day she is asked the same question and has the same answer when she knows you'll know. Attacking her does nothing at all if anything it's probably having the opposite effect. So instead of asking for dates why don't we all collectively support her and encourage more snippets to keep our conversations going on other topics besides the release date??

Hi Costiesgirl totally agree with all you have said and many long term members of the forum are very disturbed by what is going on... I know Sylvia realizes her true fans are her true fans . I think we will get plenty of snippets closer to the release date...Sylvia won't let us down!! :). :)

...i know there won't be any 'real' date until you, Sylvia, announce it, but amazon just announced a releasing date for the german(!!) version of your book- october...

just saying...

The Amazon.de listing is an erroneous listing and my German publisher has been working for the last week to get it removed. There was also an erroneous listing on Amazon.fr a few weeks ago that my French publisher worked to have removed, and one on Amazon UK last year that my UK publisher had to get removed.

Foreign "rogue" listings happen all the time, all over the world, and they're meaningless. They're no clue to the release date, because a release date hasn't been set. They're just errors with imaginary dates.

Contractually, no foreign publisher can release their edition until after the US does, and Penguin USA hasn't yet set a date.

Sylvia

The Amazon.de listing is an erroneous listing and my German publisher has been working for the last week to get it removed. There was also an erroneous listing on Amazon.fr a few weeks ago that my French publisher worked to have removed, and one on Amazon UK last year that my UK publisher had to get removed.

Foreign "rogue" listings happen all the time, all over the world, and they're meaningless. They're no clue to the release date, because a release date hasn't been set. They're just errors with imaginary dates.

Contractually, no foreign publisher can release their edition until after the US does, and Penguin USA hasn't yet set a date.

Sylvia

Good Morning Sylvia, saw that you were on here... Hope you know the long time forum members are behind you 100%. :). :)

Not sure if I wrote this before or not but maybe there was an initial idea to release the books in May or June of this year but that could be pushed ahead to coincide with the announcement/launch of the television series?

No, the release of the last two Crossfire books aren't hitched in any way to the television series, which has been in development for over a year now. When I spoke with the producer last, it was mentioned that he expected the TV series would launch sometime in 2015 (if it happens - remember, Hollywood option deals sometimes never result in anything) and we talked about the fact that Crossfire would be over then and I would be in the thick of the Blacklist series at that time.

The finale of Crossfire is dependent solely on when I finish the story.

Sylvia

Hi Everyone,
I do my best to look at all of this waiting for the next upcoming book like being at a dinner party.  Thus far, we the ladies have met our lovely hostess (Sylvia Day...fabulous! :)).  We are mingling with one another and have been served refreshments;  Stoli Elite and Champagne of course.  ;)

The hors d'oeuvres are in the process of being passed around (i.e. snippets, etc.) and we are busy chatting and waiting for the dinner to begin (i.e. the release of the next glorious book...sigh!  :)). 

Thus far, I must say, that I have enjoyed myself at this fabulous event!  Now if someone could give those of us, who are not on the high speed Internet or don't have access to some of the high-speed Internet events, a little synopsis of what was discussed would be a most fabulous little extra bonus! :) 

I know everything has been so tense lately, but I know that it will be all worth the wait if we can just hang on.  I am just trying to keep everything light and hope I have not upset anyone with this post.   :)

GiGi  :)

I wish I could post the whole book, so we could talk about it!! :)

Hi Sylvia,

Anytime you are ready, I will bring the dessert!  Fabulous books must always be discussed with dessert! Get ready to place your dessert request ladies, I will go warm up the oven!  I can hardly wait for the upcoming discussions!   :)

Hi Everyone,

I do my best to look at all of this waiting for the next upcoming book like being at a dinner party.  Thus far, we the ladies have met our lovely hostess (Sylvia Day...fabulous! :)).  We are mingling with one another and have been served refreshments;  Stoli Elite and Champagne of course.  ;)

The hors d'oeuvres are in the process of being passed around (i.e. snippets, etc.) and we are busy chatting and waiting for the dinner to begin (i.e. the release of the next glorious book...sigh!  :)). 

Thus far, I must say, that I have enjoyed myself at this fabulous event!  Now if someone could give those of us, who are not on the high speed Internet or don't have access to some of the high-speed Internet events, a little synopsis of what was discussed would be a most fabulous little extra bonus! :) 

I know everything has been so tense lately, but I know that it will be all worth the wait if we can just hang on.  I am just trying to keep everything light and hope I have not upset anyone with this post.   :)

LUV this Gigi!!! :). :)

GiGi  :)

Soooo I was looking at when SD would be in San Antonio for a signing and her summer calender is insane! she is gonna be one busy lady. Makes me think the books will come out in the fall or december after all. Im gonna start weaning myself off this fan page, because in reality it takes a log time to write a book and a while to publish it so I think for my sanity I am just gonna stop waiting and make a dent in the pile of books I have sitting at home. 

Hello everyone…new to the board, but a big fan of Ms. Day and her wonderful characters. I just wish everyone would just re-read the books over and enjoy them. I jumped on the Gideon and Eva bandwagon pretty late, but I'm such a fan I can re-read their story over and over again. I know everyone wants a release date and that's understandable, but BTY, RIY, and EWY is such an amazing piece of work, it could never hurt the soul to go back and reflect. It's almost like watching you favorite movie and knowing each line and each scene. Love Eva and Gideon, love Ms. Day and can not wait for the next chapter in her characters life...