Mothers and Fathers - Monica and Elizabeth and Victor and Geoffrey

BettyY37

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to qualify my last posting.  I think that if Elizabeth Vidal really did love Geoffrey Cross the way that has been suggested (i.e. that she was living an idealized life with him before the Ponzi Scheme was uncovered), then having Gideon keep the Cross surname would have been a way to honour the memory of her husband (a man whom she really loved).

When I made that comment, I did not include Geoffrey Cross' misdeeds.  I was only looking at it from the perspective of a woman who really loved her husband and may not believe that the charges that were levied against him were valid.  She could have been under the false impression that her husband was being railroaded.  Thanks. 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to qualify my last posting.  I think that if Elizabeth Vidal really did love Geoffrey Cross the way that has been suggested (i.e. that she was living an idealized life with him before the Ponzi Scheme was uncovered), then having Gideon keep the Cross surname would have been a way to honour the memory of her husband (a man whom she really loved).

When I made that comment, I did not include Geoffrey Cross' misdeeds.  I was only looking at it from the perspective of a woman who really loved her husband and may not believe that the charges that were levied against him were valid.  She could have been under the false impression that her husband was being railroaded.  Thanks.

I also feel the marriage was a loving one until the scandal.

Elizabeth, although not explicitly stated, did not seem to keep Gideon away from Hugh even after he told her of the abuse. Regardless of the doctor reports, she could have acted in a precautionary manner just in case. We have a lot of information regarding Dr. Terrence Lucas but none that I recall about the other doctor. Could he/she also have had an association with Anne?

FYI

In April, 2013 New York put forth legislation to remove statute of limitations on time victims of childhood sexual abuse have to file civil and/or criminal charges. Would be nice if Sylvia could work the outcome, if it is good, into the HEA.

Thank you Betty

LN & Kirsten already informed us of this way back when she was on the forum, we had very heated discussions about Abuse and Statute of Limitiations and as someone who studied Law LN informed us of this and Kirsten also who is qualified in Law informed us of the changes in legislation but thank you for reminding us.

:)

FYI

In April, 2013 New York put forth legislation to remove statute of limitations on time victims of childhood sexual abuse have to file civil and/or criminal charges. Would be nice if Sylvia could work the outcome, if it is good, into the HEA.

I personally do not think Gideon would be interested in revisiting this part of his tragic past. In his own way he had his closure with Hugh even though he may regret the outcome. IMO I think the best option for Gideon is to move on in his life with Eva and enjoy all the aspects that a loving relationship with a spouse and future family would afford him. :). :)

I personally do not think Gideon would be interested in revisiting this part of his tragic past. In his own way he had his closure with Hugh even though he may regret the outcome. IMO I think the best option for Gideon is to move on in his life with Eva and enjoy all the aspects that a loving relationship with a spouse and future family would afford him. :). :)

Sorry for the missunderstanding.  I am not proposing Gideon revist Hugh but rather Crossfire Foundation maybe contributing to effort to get legislation passed or comment at the end of the book about the issues. 

I think Lizzie wanted Gideon to keep the Cross name so that she always had a part of her first husband. She is selfish like that.

Hi jls!!!

I'm afraid her selfishnesss goes well beyond that!!!! While I can understand Vidal's reasons not to adopt Gideon, I believe that In refusing to give Gideon her own name Lizzardy is failing to protect him, again. She might have told herself she had a lot on her mind in the aftermath of Geoffrey's death, what with landing herself a new rich husband and her two pregnancies; she might have told herself she was respecting Gideon's own wish to keep his father's name. At the end of the day, it was Lizzie who wasn't able/didn't care to forsee the hardships Gideon was bound to suffer under his father's name. And I won't talk about any money line, that wouldbe too mean even for her!

Hi jls!!!

I'm afraid her selfishnesss goes well beyond that!!!! While I can understand Vidal's reasons not to adopt Gideon, I believe that In refusing to give Gideon her own name Lizzardy is failing to protect him, again. She might have told herself she had a lot on her mind in the aftermath of Geoffrey's death, what with landing herself a new rich husband and her two pregnancies; she might have told herself she was respecting Gideon's own wish to keep his father's name. At the end of the day, it was Lizzie who wasn't able/didn't care to forsee the hardships Gideon was bound to suffer under his father's name. And I won't talk about any money line, that wouldbe too mean even for her!

Hi Gabri,

You and the ladies are correct, and I agree.  Elizabeth Vidal failed to forsee so many things where Gideon was concerned.  There is no defence for that.  I am sorry I didn't understand the part about the money line part of the posting.  Could you please clarify that for me?  It would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance. 

Good morning GiGi!!! :)

I was thinking perhaps Geoffrey bequeathed Gideon some money. There couldn't have been much left after Geoffrey's fraud has been uncovered....but still Lizzardy might have seen that money as a compensation for her totally ruined life. 

Good morning GiGi!!! :)

I was thinking perhaps Geoffrey bequeathed Gideon some money. There couldn't have been much left after Geoffrey's fraud has been uncovered....but still Lizzardy might have seen that money as a compensation for her totally ruined life. 

Hi Gabri,

Thanks for the explanation.  I understand the posting better now.  :)

Are there any reactions to Chris as a father?

Gideon says he refuses to take sides when Gideon and Christopher disagree in the business.

I do not think Gideon has a strong, competent father figure in his life.

I know Victor has his flaws but can he serve in that capacity? Victor did step up for Eva in her later life. Cary likes him too.

There have been times when I do wonder what time Chris Sr. Played as an adult in the life of Gideon. He seems to try (by being neutral - not taking sides) but he also seems to not be an involved parent?

Ah!! Angus, the mystery man!

I love Angus.

It will be interesting to learn more about him. We know he drove Gideon to school when he worked for Chris Vidal and we know Gideon hired him away from Vidal when Gideon was 20. Could he have known about Hugh's abuse of Gideon and, therefore, stepped in to protect him? Will Angus have a family or do you think he is only dedicated to Gideon and through him to Eva?

I hope Gideon talks about his relationship with Angus. Does Gideon see him as a father figure, a friend or a trusted employee?

Totally agree about Angus! :-)

There have been times when I do wonder what time Chris Sr. Played as an adult in the life of Gideon. He seems to try (by being neutral - not taking sides) but he also seems to not be an involved parent?

I can see Chris Sr. not wanting to take sides against his sons. He already knows that Jr has jealousy issues when it comes to Gideon and he probably didn't want to feed that fire. As for being involved, I'd say he let Elizabeth handle a lot of the issues with the children while he was busy being music industry mogul. I do not think that is unusual and so far he has not given us a reason to dislike him.. Eva seemed to like him. And he clearly respects Gideon's business acumen.

I can see Chris Sr. not wanting to take sides against his sons. He already knows that Jr has jealousy issues when it comes to Gideon and he probably didn't want to feed that fire. As for being involved, I'd say he let Elizabeth handle a lot of the issues with the children while he was busy being music industry mogul. I do not think that is unusual and so far he has not given us a reason to dislike him.. Eva seemed to like him. And he clearly respects Gideon's business acumen.

For some reason I had the impression Eva was undecided on Chris Sr.

I agree with you here sscrph

For some reason I had the impression Eva was undecided on Chris Sr.

I think Peachies, she does not know him well enough to make a decision on him but I think she is a bit put off that he seems to be in awe of his wife and son and does not have the balls to rock the boat with Chris Jnr

Does anyone else find it strange that Ann Lucas, probably in her late thirties/early forties, was willing to leave her husband for Gideon who was in his mid twenties? Does she have mother complex?

No I think she was just completely addicted to his hot body and the super awesome sex; I can't imagine Gideon talked to her much he only ever talked to Eva...No wonder Dr. Lucas hates Gideon so much LOL. He must surely feel inadequate!!

No I think she was just completely addicted to his hot body and the super awesome sex; I can't imagine Gideon talked to her much he only ever talked to Eva...No wonder Dr. Lucas hates Gideon so much LOL. He must surely feel inadequate!!

I love your observation. How could I have forgotten about the possibility of awesome sex. I thought Gideon may have only put forth a minimal effort since Cary proved Ann does not need much. That really does not speak well for Dr. terry. (Lowercase intentional) LOL