CAPTIVATED BY YOU TREATS, TEASERS, etc..

Kirsten

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the spreecast chat today, someone asked Sylvia if DeAnna from Aftershock is the same DeAnna from EWY. Sylvia's response leads me to believe that it is indeed the same person and we'll find out in CBY. She was very coy about it b/c she said it was a spoiler. Interesting! 

I am not sure where I read it, but I am pretty sure that I did somewhere, read that the DeAnna in both books is the same person.  I guess I never thought any differently so I am surprised that there is any question.  I am now puzzled as to where I got that info.

I am not sure where I read it, but I am pretty sure that I did somewhere, read that the DeAnna in both books is the same person.  I guess I never thought any differently so I am surprised that there is any question.  I am now puzzled as to where I got that info.

hmm well I never did finish AfterBurn (couldn't really get into it for some reason) but now i want to go back and finish it to see what DeAnna is up to and perhaps there will be some clues or foreshadowing for CBY

Towards the end of the Q&A one of the viewers asked about the most recent snippet where G&E discussed the party with one another's friends. Sylvia talked about Arnaldo's opinion of Eva, which ins't very positive, and how it might be known through the rest of Gideon's circle of friends that Eva kissed someone else. I am so excited to read that scene! In fact, I might skip everything up until then and just read how things go down at the dinner.  

Towards the end of the Q&A one of the viewers asked about the most recent snippet where G&E discussed the party with one another's friends. Sylvia talked about Arnaldo's opinion of Eva, which ins't very positive, and how it might be known through the rest of Gideon's circle of friends that Eva kissed someone else. I am so excited to read that scene! In fact, I might skip everything up until then and just read how things go down at the dinner.

Yes I agree I just can't wait till that party !! I'd say probably around Chapter 9...

Maybe this is an advance Gideon gave Deanna for her help? Something to publish?

So exciting!

What a waiting game this is. I can honestly say I've never waited on a book like I have for these .

I just hope Aftershock doesn't get pushed again :(

Yes Nathalia I think this is what Gideon was talking to Deanna about at the last fundraiser at the end of EWY...

Can you remind me what investigation they asked Gideon about? I don't recall

after Eva had lunch with her mother and before Gideon took her away to get married.....she was wondering why her mother is so concerned with money, Gideon asked if she wanted him to look into it she replied ok, but she should just ask, Eva is tired of looking up answers on the internet hope this helps

Thanks to those who posted the FB link. I'm putting the picture here for GiGi since she doesn't have FB so won't be able to see the post. This is of course

Copyright © 2014 by Sylvia Day

CBY-treat3.jpg

Hi, Kirsten *waving enthusiastically*

I'm not on FB either. Thank you for (re)posting another thirst quenching treats *wink* [Oh, I agree with LN Cronan. As our resident computer wizard, you should apply for a job at Cross Industries *grin*]

Wow! It feels so good to be back. This site looks completely different. Just like the New Eva, it's ravishing.

Missed this forum a lot.

Hi, Kirsten *waving enthusiastically*

I'm not on FB either. Thank you for (re)posting another thirst quenching treats *wink* [Oh, I agree with LN Cronan. As our resident computer wizard, you should apply for a job at Cross Industries *grin*]

Wow! It feels so good to be back. This site looks completely different. Just like the New Eva, it's ravishing.

Missed this forum a lot.

Hi Andie welcome back we're getting psyched for the new release !!

Hi Andie welcome back we're getting psyched for the new release !!

Thank you, sscrph. Really excited about CBY, and I'm not even theobromine-induced yet *LOL*

I was literally jumping and screaming when the word GidEva caught my eye. Once all the euphoric joy subsided, I felt something else. I think I experienced one of those Eva-is-in-awe moments, especially when she says "A bittersweet tenderness pierced me. He'd listened. He cared" (BTY, p. 163). Sylvia does listen to us using the endearment over and over again [You rock, Sylvia *throwing confetti*]

Regarding the latest teaser, do you think Deanna is no longer part of [i only made up this very name. Guess it's suitable for those who take revenge on Gideon] the Vendetta against Gideon Syndicate? IMO, Deanna: 1) sincerely accepts Gideon's apology  2) happily settles on the exclusive coverage in exchange for keeping the video secret and 3) will comply with Gideon's directive 4) finally understands that her love doesn't reciprocate. So, it's possible that she stops being a vengeful woman.

BUT... Somehow I just don't trust her. Quoting Eva, Deanna's "interest in him [Gideon] was as hot as ever" (EWY, p. 352). And this time love could be the reason for Deanna NOT to let Gideon live a peaceful marriage with his beloved one.

Thank you, sscrph. Really excited about CBY, and I'm not even theobromine-induced yet *LOL*

I was literally jumping and screaming when the word GidEva caught my eye. Once all the euphoric joy subsided, I felt something else. I think I experienced one of those Eva-is-in-awe moments, especially when she says "A bittersweet tenderness pierced me. He'd listened. He cared" (BTY, p. 163). Sylvia does listen to us using the endearment over and over again [You rock, Sylvia *throwing confetti*]

Regarding the latest teaser, do you think Deanna is no longer part of [i only made up this very name. Guess it's suitable for those who take revenge on Gideon] the Vendetta against Gideon Syndicate? IMO, Deanna: 1) sincerely accepts Gideon's apology  2) happily settles on the exclusive coverage in exchange for keeping the video secret and 3) will comply with Gideon's directive 4) finally understands that her love doesn't reciprocate. So, it's possible that she stops being a vengeful woman.

BUT... Somehow I just don't trust her. Quoting Eva, Deanna's "interest in him [Gideon] was as hot as ever" (EWY, p. 352). And this time love could be the reason for Deanna NOT to let Gideon live a peaceful marriage with his beloved one.

Hi Andie as I mentioned earlier so great to have you back and I too was throwing confetti at the use of the GidEva endearment and thought of you immediately ; perhaps you too should consider a career in writing if you are not already. :). :). Anyway that being said I still do not trust Deanna and I have said this numerous times on the blog simply because of the vow Gideon made in BTY about destroying any reporter that published a story about Eva's tragic past. To this point Deanna is the only reporter in the story so I DO NOT TRUST HER... So far in the series Eva has been right about her perceptions and I believe she is right about Deanna "that woman is hot for you" most recently comes to mind. Considering Gideon's cluelessness in regard to his female conquests as we have also discussed in depth on this blog when Gideon states to Eva that "there comes a point where it becomes clear that there is no hope," I think he is responding with his usual naïveté' regarding women. So do I think that Deanna is waiting in the wings for Eva to screw-up so to speak ABSOF-INLUTELY. Deanna is deluded of course cause Gideon is CAPTIVATED by his Angel and he's never letting her go!!

• 2 weeks later...