CAPTIVATED BY YOU TREATS, TEASERS, etc..

Kirsten

Hi Ladies,
I went back and reread the "excerpt" and I noticed two different and potentially conflicting scenarios.  At the beginning of the description Eva talks about Gideon's location or lack thereof;  "...Hadn't come to me, even if only to sleep next door..."

A few sentences down; Eva describes the apartment:  "The penthouse fell silent for an endless moment...", it is my understanding the Gideon only has one penthouse; the one he lived in previously before Eva.  He rented the apartment next door to Eva and Cary.  So my question is; did Sylvia ever describe Gideon and Eva's love nest/secret apartment as a penthouse?  I don't recall that. 

Is it possible that when Eva didn't find Gideon at "their place", she went looking for Gideon at his Penthouse?  Did anyone else happen to notice that little difference?   

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sylvia posted this picture on Facebook with this message:

Here’s a new twist on #TeaserTuesday! 

Combined are iconic images from the first two chapters. Can you guess what’s going on?

10550824_10152365145868457_2918647769301

Hi Biarbocalb,

That is such an interesting photo!  Question:  If MoMo and Richard are on the "rocks", who spilled the beans and just exactly which beans were spilled?  Affair?  Adultery? Or something else?  Questions, questions, questions...:) 

Hi Biarbocalb,

That is such an interesting photo!  Question:  If MoMo and Richard are on the "rocks", who spilled the beans and just exactly which beans were spilled?  Affair?  Adultery? Or something else?  Questions, questions, questions...:)

I don't think that the reference to page 6 refers to the Stantons . Remember the clues for EWY were symbols and not meant to be exact references. I think Page 6 just refers to the speculation about the engagement/marriage of GidEva.

Hi Ladies,

I went back and reread the "excerpt" and I noticed two different and potentially conflicting scenarios.  At the beginning of the description Eva talks about Gideon's location or lack thereof;  "...Hadn't come to me, even if only to sleep next door..."

A few sentences down; Eva describes the apartment:  "The penthouse fell silent for an endless moment...", it is my understanding the Gideon only has one penthouse; the one he lived in previously before Eva.  He rented the apartment next door to Eva and Cary.  So my question is; did Sylvia ever describe Gideon and Eva's love nest/secret apartment as a penthouse?  I don't recall that. 

Is it possible that when Eva didn't find Gideon at "their place", she went looking for Gideon at his Penthouse?  Did anyone else happen to notice that little difference?

Yes Gigi in the excerpt Eva goes from her apartment on the west side to Gideon's penthouse on Park Avenue...

Hi Biarbocalb,

That is such an interesting photo!  Question:  If MoMo and Richard are on the "rocks", who spilled the beans and just exactly which beans were spilled?  Affair?  Adultery? Or something else?  Questions, questions, questions... :)

I don't think page six has anything to do with Stanton and Monica. The Crossfire series has mostly been a day to day accounting of the life of Eva and Gideon....that said, Stanton and Monica were together at the dinner/benefit where the news of Gideon and Eva's engagment got out.....the rings and all. Don't know when Eva told Monica....remember Monica said when they were getting "dolled" up...He has to ask you first :)

So we don't know whose "love" is on the rocks; maybe Corine and Giroux ?? I am still going with the theory of after sex and before San Diego shower and Valentine's Day treat of the engagment confirmation.

I wonder if we will be getting two teasers or photos a week like we did with EWY depicting chapters. Just 61 days to go!!!!

I don't think that the reference to page 6 refers to the Stantons . Remember the clues for EWY were symbols and not meant to be exact references. I think Page 6 just refers to the speculation about the engagement/marriage of GidEva.

Hi Sscrph, 

You could very well be correct.  There is so little information to go on, that everything is just speculation at this point.  I looked at the photo and another forum member had made the potential suggestion of a "Richard".  How many relevant characters with the name Richard are there?

Thus far, the potentially plausible Richard might be Richard Stanton.  Momo's hubby to date.  We know that in the last book; Mommyca dropped her drawers to knock boots with her former Latin lover .  Monica left the apartment visibly upset and shared a cab with Megumi who may have deducd that something; either happened or Monica may have let a word or two slip during that shared cab ride.

Let me just be clear that this just a light-hearted post based on a photo and "wild" speculation. :)  I wonder how much we will get to see of Monica's story and how that backstory may be introduced.

Another quick thought came to mind; Deanna had been "stalking" Gideon and Eva for information in the last book.  Could it be that Deanna somehow got the scoop on something that Monica did.  Could Deanna investigations have revealed something in Monica's past?  As we know, Deanna has no scruples (to speak of) and would go to any lengths to get the "scoop" on a story.  So, could Deanna be firing at someone in the Gid/Eva camp, in order to provoke a response?  What to do you think?  What does everyone think?

I don't think page six has anything to do with Stanton and Monica. The Crossfire series has mostly been a day to day accounting of the life of Eva and Gideon....that said, Stanton and Monica were together at the dinner/benefit where the news of Gideon and Eva's engagment got out.....the rings and all. Don't know when Eva told Monica....remember Monica said when they were getting "dolled" up...He has to ask you first :)

So we don't know whose "love" is on the rocks; maybe Corine and Giroux ?? I am still going with the theory of after sex and before San Diego shower and Valentine's Day treat of the engagment confirmation.

I wonder if we will be getting two teasers or photos a week like we did with EWY depicting chapters. Just 61 days to go!!!!

Hi Jmhope,

Your theory is as plausible as anyone else's.  I can hardly wait for the next book to come out.  :)

Hi Sscrph, 

You could very well be correct.  There is so little information to go on, that everything is just speculation at this point.  I looked at the photo and another forum member had made the potential suggestion of a "Richard".  How many relevant characters with the name Richard are there?

Thus far, the potentially plausible Richard might be Richard Stanton.  Momo's hubby to date.  We know that in the last book; Mommyca dropped her drawers to knock boots with her former Latin lover .  Monica left the apartment visibly upset and shared a cab with Megumi who may have deducd that something; either happened or Monica may have let a word or two slip during that shared cab ride.

Let me just be clear that this just a light-hearted post based on a photo and "wild" speculation. :)  I wonder how much we will get to see of Monica's story and how that backstory may be introduced.

Another quick thought came to mind; Deanna had been "stalking" Gideon and Eva for information in the last book.  Could it be that Deanna somehow got the scoop on something that Monica did.  Could Deanna investigations have revealed something in Monica's past?  As we know, Deanna has no scruples (to speak of) and would go to any lengths to get the "scoop" on a story.  So, could Deanna be firing at someone in the Gid/Eva camp, in order to provoke a response?  What to do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Gigi your post brings up two very important points. The first is Megumi ....as someone earlier may have speculated is the reason she is staying away from work because she sold Eva out to the press ? Remember the nite Megumi joined Cary for dinner with Trey? Cary was giving away a lot of Eva's secrets and you are correct Megumi did share a cab with Monica the day of her tryst with Victor so she may actually have had some dirt to sell to the press. It fact that the Page 6 article mentions the name Richard bothers me. I hope Monica and Richard are not on the rocks. I agree with Eva when she says Stanton is good for MommyCa and gives her what she needs... I think it would take a lot for Stanton to dump his trophy wife so I really do not think this is the case. Hopefully Victor will find a wonderful woman now that he has had what I hope is one last fling with Monica.

Had a new thought. Can the excerpt be linked to the earlier teaser when Christopher says to Gideon: "Don't tell me how to do my job and Don't get in my way or I'll shove you out..."

doubt seriously if Christopher has the "balls* to engage in fisticuffs with Gideon.....and if he did, Gideon wouldn't be bruised but Christopher.

doubt seriously if Christopher has the "balls* to engage in fisticuffs with Gideon.....and if he did, Gideon wouldn't be bruised but Christopher.

I agree, I think that as much anger as Christopher has for Gideon, I believe that Christopher still looks up to his brother and respects him in a way that only a younger brother can of their older brother.  When I first read the snippet and before I read other's thoughts on this board, I immediately thought that the bruises and marks on Gideon were either from his personal training sessions or maybe even a sparring session with a friend or workout partner as a way to get some aggression out.  I do not see Gideon allowing himself to get in a fight (one that would leave bruises at least), not to mention that he does have Angus who is never far away as "security."

I agree, I think that as much anger as Christopher has for Gideon, I believe that Christopher still looks up to his brother and respects him in a way that only a younger brother can of their older brother.  When I first read the snippet and before I read other's thoughts on this board, I immediately thought that the bruises and marks on Gideon were either from his personal training sessions or maybe even a sparring session with a friend or workout partner as a way to get some aggression out.  I do not see Gideon allowing himself to get in a fight (one that would leave bruises at least), not to mention that he does have Angus who is never far away as "security."

Maybe he even spars with Angus??

One thing I always found funny about the crossfire books is that everyone has rockin bods, but they eat the worst foods. Like meatloaf and enchiladas. Eva has been to that taco stand quite a few times....

I certainly can't blame her for that if I had a taco place that close for lunch I'd eat there every day !!! Oh and you forgot about the pierogi another home style favorite lol. :). :)

I'm just really curious what this fourth book will resolve. If the fifth one is definitely gonna tie up the story lines, then won't this one just keep them going? Nevertheless, I requested the entire dog off on the 18th to sleep cause I plan on staying up to read to 5 AM.

I am excited for some classic Gideon. Sylvia Day's writing will be the only time I ever get excited about male dominance. Not kinky dominance but like in a relationship. Its sexy in the book, but if my boyfriend ever tried to give me restrictions when I go out with friends or when laying out by the pool (yes, I know it was cause Nathan was out there, but still...), I would be like "uh-uh honey, buh bye". S, thanks SD for giving me a world where I can safely indulged in mocho-mocho men who behave like cave men boyfriends. I kinda want to get a black french bulldog and name him Gideon. He might have short man syndrome if I give him a strong name in a little body....

I'm just really curious what this fourth book will resolve. If the fifth one is definitely gonna tie up the story lines, then won't this one just keep them going? Nevertheless, I requested the entire dog off on the 18th to sleep cause I plan on staying up to read to 5 AM.

I am excited for some classic Gideon. Sylvia Day's writing will be the only time I ever get excited about male dominance. Not kinky dominance but like in a relationship. Its sexy in the book, but if my boyfriend ever tried to give me restrictions when I go out with friends or when laying out by the pool (yes, I know it was cause Nathan was out there, but still...), I would be like "uh-uh honey, buh bye". S, thanks SD for giving me a world where I can safely indulged in mocho-mocho men who behave like cave men boyfriends. I kinda want to get a black french bulldog and name him Gideon. He might have short man syndrome if I give him a strong name in a little body....

Hi llurvegc, I like reading about Gideon's possessiveness too...Sylvia does make it very sexy to read. I just can't wait for the new book it's gonna be a great read and even though I think there will be dark parts, I am comforted by the fact that they are married and I know that no matter what Gideon throws out there, Eva is totally committed to making things work. I think they both know that they are the other half of each other and have no choice but to weather the hard times to gain the happiness they both so deserve!!

One thing I always found funny about the crossfire books is that everyone has rockin bods, but they eat the worst foods. Like meatloaf and enchiladas. Eva has been to that taco stand quite a few times....

Like in BTY when Eva first ate with Mark and Steven, and Steven asked where does all the food go, her reply...."with me to the gym." We don't really know if Gideon eats bad food, he always seems to have take out delivered to his home; but as stated by others later, they both go to the gym, have personal trainers, etc. We don't really know what Cary does to stay in shape, other than scr*w around alot.

Another pet peeve of mine, when Eva's father visited on both occasions, she didn't take off from work. He flies across the country to visit and spend time with her, and she didn't even take any time off to be with him. Especially on the last visit when he was so upset. If she had taken the day off, maybe Victor and Monica wouldn't have hooked up....

tomorrow is "teaser Tuesday" !!!

Re Eva not taking time off when her dad visited, she's not worked there for very long - I don't know how holiday entitlement works in the US but the company I work for you earn so much time off for so much time worked so in the early weeks you don't take time off unless arranged before starting work or in an emergency situation. Mark did let her go leave work to collect her dad.

As to Gideon and 'kinky dominance' - the man knows a fair amount about safewords and on the plane in Entwined with You he explained to Eva what being bound was about, and seeing her with the cuffs on was obviously a turn on for him. I guess there's some experience of this in his past yet to be revealed?

After reading one or two series which involved BDSM, it was quite refreshing to start a series where that was not the dominant theme of the book, and that Gideon and Eva were showing how good 'normal' sex can be and that there was more of a story line to the books.