CAPTIVATED BY YOU TREATS, TEASERS, etc..

Kirsten

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the basketball with the thumb, the dice, like Kristen says a game board, maybe Monopoly, and in the upper right hand corner your guess is as good as mine.....wish the picture wasn't so dark.Wonder what Sylvia was doing in LA this time? More Crossfire series negotiations?

Do you think there would be any reason for them to go from San Diego to Vegas??

Do you think there would be any reason for them to go from San Diego to Vegas??

I also only see the 4 items mentioned by everyone else, (thumb, basketball, dice & game board). Didn't Gideon earn the capitol to start-up his business by counting cards (while gambling) in Vegas? And he does own a few hotels there. Mmmmm. Only 8 weeks to go & then we'll all know!!!

Monopoly is a game about acquiring property to win (and of course sometimes losing property), plus the fact that I think from an early teaser Gideon shows up in San Diego, and the basketball was in Eva's mind in chapter 20 of Entwined with You (Carey mentioning shooting hoops at Dr Travis - Eva's thoughts I didn't play basketball, but I knew I could use a one-on-one with Dr Travis myself - the early chapters are about the San Diego trip. Not sure what that picture at the top is, on Facebook someone mentioned a phone in the picture so that could be what is there - it's not easy to make out at all. Could the Monopoly board imply Gideon buying some property in San Diego - possibly funding Dr Travis?

I've no idea about the dice, other than obviously Gideon will gamble and is presumably good at that. Or could it be a reference to Monica and that husband we don't know much about?

I tried to see that item in the corner a couple of times but couldn't tell ---- maybe Gideon taking a gamble and 'buying' the sex tape original ??    OK, did I miss the info we aren't getting any more teaser text from book and just getting the chapter pics until realease date ....  Outlander been filling the void while I'm waiting, the TV series got me hooked on the books -- and still trying to get my breath back after watching the Wedding - a couple of times LOL    

Later Ladies .........

Monopoly is a game about acquiring property to win (and of course sometimes losing property), plus the fact that I think from an early teaser Gideon shows up in San Diego, and the basketball was in Eva's mind in chapter 20 of Entwined with You (Carey mentioning shooting hoops at Dr Travis - Eva's thoughts I didn't play basketball, but I knew I could use a one-on-one with Dr Travis myself - the early chapters are about the San Diego trip. Not sure what that picture at the top is, on Facebook someone mentioned a phone in the picture so that could be what is there - it's not easy to make out at all. Could the Monopoly board imply Gideon buying some property in San Diego - possibly funding Dr Travis?I've no idea about the dice, other than obviously Gideon will gamble and is presumably good at that. Or could it be a reference to Monica and that husband we don't know much about?

I agree the dice may refer to Monica's former husband. Remember Gideon is looking into Monica's backstory for Eva. I think the book may move right into Monica's secrets early on...I can't wait!! :). ;)

Hi.. New here and this is my first post. I read all three books in 3 days and have reread them as well. I am not sure if this is the right place to post this so forgive me if it's not. Some of what I would like to say may have already been discussed but I am going to ask anyway. Does anyone else think that the shrink treating Corrine is Dr. Lucas' wife, the red head Gideon slept with? It has been driving me crazy especially when she told Eva that she has seen two women go crazy over Gideon. Also, as to the pen on the cover of Capitvated by you... Signing of divorce papers???? I truly hope not.

Hello. I am new to this forum. This site is excellent. You all are very smart and insightful. Like many if you I have read and retread all three books and the discussion here is fascinating. I have one question. Did any of you listen or read the lyrics of the song, "Collide" by Howie Day mentioned in excerpt five? It insightful and I think gives us a clue into the battle ahead for Gideon and Eva." But I am open. You're closed." Even the best fall down sometimes." I listened to the song and it had new meaning for me. Heartbreaking when you know the story. I would be interested in everyone's thoughts you all are so smart.

Hello. I am new to this forum. This site is excellent. You all are very smart and insightful. Like many if you I have read and retread all three books and the discussion here is fascinating. I have one question. Did any of you listen or read the lyrics of the song, "Collide" by Howie Day mentioned in excerpt five? It is insightful and I think gives us a clue into the battle ahead for Gideon and Eva." But I am open. You're closed." Even the best fall down sometimes." I listened to the song and it had new meaning for me. Heartbreaking when you know the story. I would be interested in everyone's thoughts you all are so smart.

Hi.. New here and this is my first post. I read all three books in 3 days and have reread them as well. I am not sure if this is the right place to post this so forgive me if it's not. Some of what I would like to say may have already been discussed but I am going to ask anyway. Does anyone else think that the shrink treating Corrine is Dr. Lucas' wife, the red head Gideon slept with? It has been driving me crazy especially when she told Eva that she has seen two women go crazy over Gideon. Also, as to the pen on the cover of Capitvated by you... Signing of divorce papers???? I truly hope not.

Welcome to the forum....hope you enjoy it as much as I have...

We don't really know who the red head is....some of us think it is Ann Lucas, but I think that Gideon would have noticed the name of the Dr treating Corrine on the pill bottles. Sylvia so far is not giving anything away. Sylvia likes mysterious redheads, they are mentioned quite frequently; a redhead at the first dinner ( and Sylvia did say that that wasn't Anne), Gideon's receptionist, a redhead involved in the cluster at the end of BTY....you get my drift

Regarding the pen, the concensus think that maybe the pen belonged to Gideon's father. By the way, I was watching a repeat of Murphy Brown, and Frank mentioned owning a "mount blanc" pen.. and I was thrilled that I knew what they were talking about :)

Hello. I am new to this forum. This site is excellent. You all are very smart and insightful. Like many if you I have read and retread all three books and the discussion here is fascinating. I have one question. Did any of you listen or read the lyrics of the song, "Collide" by Howie Day mentioned in excerpt five? It is insightful and I think gives us a clue into the battle ahead for Gideon and Eva." But I am open. You're closed." Even the best fall down sometimes." I listened to the song and it had new meaning for me. Heartbreaking when you know the story. I would be interested in everyone's thoughts you all are so smart.

I totally agree Gideonfan2014...As Gideon gets deeper into his therapy he may shut down and shut Eva out and she actually voices these fears to Gideon when he talked about marriage...the song is perfect for them :(. :(

notice on the Community section with Sylvia's tweets and facebook postings, that a read a chapter a day and two on the weekends will begin on Monday. I personally couldn't stick to just one chapter daily, anyway, I am saving my reading for my upcoming trip in October....I wonder if there will be postings with insights and thought for each chapter....seems we have done that with our forum in the past when we were waiting for EWY