CAPTIVATED BY YOU TREATS, TEASERS, etc..

Kirsten

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People on Facebook have considered Mark and Steven but were they keen to get married quickly? Someone on there pointed out that the male figure does not have Gideon's other rings which he never takes off but pretty sure that the photos used are just stock photos and although it may imply the male is Gideon, so the lack of other rings is just that the chosen picture only has a wedding ring.

And it is possible that Gideon could pull off a second wedding ceremony pretty quickly, he has the funds to do so and is keen for the world to know that he and Eva are tied together for life.

By this time in six weeks I think most of us will have read the book and know for sure, but it is interesting speculating. Sylvia may have made us wait for this book but I bet it is going to be a good one and possibly generate more questions before we get the final book (and let's hope that is an early new year publication).

That would be me.. I said Marks and Stevens wedding ..and NO rings on the mans hands.. Gideon never took them off. it also is a ring barriers pillow and roses.. I don't know where people are seeing a baby.. and Im sure it is the loser Deanna taking photos of Gideon and Eva from the bushes

also I haven't seen any comments about the read she gave us so I'll my 2 cents on that theory as well.

The little plane photo.

Im thinking Its Gideon leaving Cali Sunday morning after kicking the crap out of Brett for coming on to Eva at the beach Saturday night. My guess is she was opening a can of krav maga whoopa@@ on him.

This is why she hadn't seen him since she got home and was walking in on loud music and him all bruised up.

Here's a theory from left field that may be completely wrong. It says in the book that Gideon's father killed himself but it doesn't say how. Then it was mentioned by Gideon that someone in the Russian mob was looking out for him. Aka Nathan's bracelet on a dead mobster. What if that person is Gideon's father? Think about it, his father commits suicide but it's not mentioned how, nor was it mentioned about his going to a funeral, or his mother. It could be possible that he faked his death, changed his identity while keeping tabs on Gideon through the media and other sources. Like I said, I am probably 100% wrong in this case! but it's been eating at me for a while.

They do say how his father died - "Gideon was just five years old when his dad committed suicide with a gunshot to the head rather than face prison time." Bared to You Chapter 6 where Eva picks up the details Cary had printed out prior to Gideon collecting Eva to go to the Advocacy ball. I wonder if Gideon either found his father or was hiding in the room when his dad carried out the deed?

I don't know, the mob bit could indicate that someone wanted to get a hold on Gideon in some way so Gideon owed them something? He did say he needed to find out who he owed for that.

I also wonder why Gideon is often keen to speak to Monica when Eva is not in the mood to deal with her mum, he does that from quite early on in the story so perhaps his involvement with Monica (and Stanton?) is longstanding. Plus Monica and Eva are very alike, wonder if that has any significance as to why Gideon spotted her in the street and knew he wanted her.

Hey, keep posting, I've posted before and been wrong, or completely forgotten facts; any ideas are good, there's bits of the story I didn't pick up even after more than two reads, I ploughed through all the past comments on here and learned a lot of stuff I'd completely missed.

Have to say it's a god-send to have the books as e-books and be able to go back and search them - I prefer to read the paperback but for referencing, the e-books are great.

Okay. Sorry. You're right it was mentioned. Well don't I feel dumb now. Shows how much I know the story. Okay, no more comments from this person any more. Told you it was totally out of left field. Sorry for posting, I'll try not to anymore.

Skydive you should always post. Most of us enjoy the discussion and we all can't remember every detail of the book. No worries.

Okay. Sorry. You're right it was mentioned. Well don't I feel dumb now. Shows how much I know the story. Okay, no more comments from this person any more. Told you it was totally out of left field. Sorry for posting, I'll try not to anymore.

Skydive you should always post. Most of us enjoy the discussion and we all can't remember every detail of the book. No worries.

I agree always share your thoughts!!!   :)

So I was looking at Sylvia's twitter feed and saw this:

. I love them all, but holds a special place. it was good to see them happy with each other.

— Sylvia Day • Author (@SylDay)

She says EWY has a special place in her heart because they are happy with each other in that one... sounds ominous. I think the next couple of books are gonna be rough. Bouncing back and fourth between Gideon's apartment, Eva's apartment and the one next door to Eva's is getting confusing. Also, I found it really creepy that Gideon merged his stuff and Eva's stuff for the apartment, as well as the safe room at his place that is exactly like Eva's. But then I remembered that Gideon is really intense in pretty much everything and has no idea on how to be in a relationship so he gets a pass on the creepy boyfriend issue. 

yes, always post; we don't care unless you write something bad about Sylvia or the Crossfire series.....like "I am tired of waiting, not going to read anymore of this series or any books of Sylvia Day.." then we get really mad. So keep everything postitive.

Yes, I caught that twitter by reading her posts to the right....now I really can't wait for 11/18/2014

I think it is always great to get everyone's thoughts out there. Even though we are reading the same books, we all see different angles and insight to each story. I totally agree with you jmhope, we don't like or want to read anything negative about Sylvia or the Crossfire series. Its just plain not necessary !!!

Hi Skydive617, please do not feel bad about posting something that has already been mentioned and please continue to post. We are discussing three books here and it's difficult for anyone to remember every detail. In fact I am re-reading the series in preparation for the 4th release in November. I am currently re-reading Reflected in You and have come across info discovered by Eva's dad (a police officer) about one of her ex's. I honestly have no memory of reading about this. Welcome to the forum & have fun. We don't always agree with each others ideas or opinions but we respect each others right to have them. Hope to see you back here again.

I have to ask a question about the last teaser pic.  What does everybody make of the dark image that is by the camera lens near her hand?   Someone at work could almost make out a gun - imagine a revolver and the circle of bullets.  Maybe I'm nuts or seeing things - who knows!

I have to ask a question about the last teaser pic.  What does everybody make of the dark image that is by the camera lens near her hand?   Someone at work could almost make out a gun - imagine a revolver and the circle of bullets.  Maybe I'm nuts or seeing things - who knows!

I was thinking maybe sunglasses, they are dark....but I don't see a gun, if only the photos were brighter, but then they wouldn't be "teasers"....

I have been reading some of the quotes or comments that people are posting for the chapter read along, can't believe some are still asking when the 4th book is coming out!!!?!

Hi Skydive617

I agree with the other comments, you should continue to participate.  We have a lot of fun here.  I have not posted for awhile but I have been looking and waiting for Captivated By You.  Welcome!

PS

As was stated ebooks are great for researching the details.  Also never be afraid to post an opinion.  We do not always agree but good dialogue can provide intellectual challenge and often leads to better understanding.