CAPTIVATED BY YOU TREATS, TEASERS, etc..

Kirsten

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the last photo.

the man was signing something with a wedding band on.. NOT Gideon as the rings were NOT his, and the man only had on one.

the upper right corner is a camera with a telephoto leans .. Under that is a ring barrier pillow with 2 hands and rings ( mens hands )

under the 8 is roses.. No gun.. no babys.. Not Gideon and Evas wedding

You may be right agoodbook, however in the past the photos Sylvia has used have been stock ones that don't necessarily fit exactly to the character so even though the male in the photo doesn't have any other rings, it's still possible it depicts Gideon - we'll know in 37 days. Definitely agree there's no gun or baby, My PC doesn't show the picture very clearly so difficult for me to be certain of the other items, are the hands under the roses actually silk gloves? Definitely agree that's a telephoto lens but to me that meant Deanna taking photos and covering the Gideon/Eva wedding as he promised, plus the male signing and the fountain pen ties in with the cover of the book which has to be Gideon (on the book cover. 37 days is a long time . . . . . .

Random question: has anyone read Outlander? I ask only because I see its a series on Starz now. I wonder how true it is to the book , and if fans of the book like the actor choices . I wonder when The Crossfire Series will be on tv! :)

I read the book a long time ago (published here in the UK as Cross Stitch back then). I had to obtain the episodes illicitly as they are not being shown in the UK and they do fit well with the books. From Diana Gabaldon's posts she's been happy with all the actor choices, I hadn't really considered who would play the roles but that is because I read the book so long ago. I am happy with the choices, it works well with what I recall of the characters in the book.

Gideon and Eva's party at one of his clubs...invitation only???

Perhaps Christopher will spoil the evening with having the DJ play "Golden".

Perhaps Tatiana will gate crash and spoil Cary and Trey's night.

Is this where the conversation between Gideon and Arash occurs?

Hi Georgette, and Christopher could do more damage by bringing Corrine as his date. I can see the daggers in Eva's eyes already.

I've been thinking about that snippet Sylvia posted where Gideon has bruises and he is playing angry rock music, and I'm gonna bet that whatever happened was in some small part Eva's fault. I don't mean because she cheated on him and he beat someone up though. In EWY Gideon said he wasn't previously known to have a temper when Deanna tried to make it into a headline, but Eva retorted with he wasn't known to have one until she came around. All of his actions due to anger so far in the series have had to do in some part with Eva.   Her words in the scene make me think he is ashamed of what he did as well. Less than a month till we find out what actually happened though!! 

I've been thinking about that snippet Sylvia posted where Gideon has bruises and he is playing angry rock music, and I'm gonna bet that whatever happened was in some small part Eva's fault. I don't mean because she cheated on him and he beat someone up though. In EWY Gideon said he wasn't previously known to have a temper when Deanna tried to make it into a headline, but Eva retorted with he wasn't known to have one until she came around. All of his actions due to anger so far in the series have had to do in some part with Eva.   Her words in the scene make me think he is ashamed of what he did as well. Less than a month till we find out what actually happened though!! 

Hi IIurvegc, I agree with your train of thought. I am re-reading the series again & have just passed the section of the book you refer to. His temper, the angry music, etc in some way must be about Eva & a man. Maybe while in San Diego more info came out about Eva & Brett's past. Gideon is just as jealous as Eva. As for the bruises, haven't figured that one out yet.

as far as this photo.. I cant figure out what is across his shirt? they are in NY, maybe chris is haven him do a park concert, knowing having him around ###### G off

Im thinking if Brett is still in the picture in chapters 11 and 12 then maybe he didnt have anything to do with the sex tape or he would have been kicked to the curb by now... He did tell Eva he would be "around..."

It looks like bands of light or possibly sound waves from a computer screen music recording program or some such going across his arms above the guitar, could it be a recording session for the group rather than a gig?

Maybe Brett wrote another song about Eva and thats why Gideon was pixxed...

Im thinking if Brett is still in the picture in chapters 11 and 12 then maybe he didnt have anything to do with the sex tape or he would have been kicked to the curb by now... He did tell Eva he would be "around..."

Yeah, I know it's gonna be a fantastic read but I'm a little disappointed that Brett is still hanging around making trouble for Gideon and Eva.

We are all assuming Brett is making trouble - perhaps once Eva has spoken to him and he knows she is married to Gideon he steps back and accepts her happiness comes first. There's enough other people who can cause trouble for Gideon and the revelation of his own past to fill the next two books.

How about Brett rebounding to Ireland after Eva dumps him/convinces him she is with Gideon.  Could be on purpose or accidentally.  Remember she is a Big Fan!  She is also very mature for her age.  It could explain why he may be around in chapters 11/12.  It could be tame or not but either way Gideon would definitely lose it!!

Not a plot line I would prefer but it would be an interesting twist.

How about Brett rebounding to Ireland after Eva dumps him/convinces him she is with Gideon.  Could be on purpose or accidentally.  Remember she is a Big Fan!  She is also very mature for her age.  It could explain why he may be around in chapters 11/12.  It could be tame or not but either way Gideon would definitely lose it!!

Not a plot line I would prefer but it would be an interesting twist.

Hi BettyY37, this is why I love this site. Betty, that scenario didn't even occur to me in a whisper. I love all the banter that happens here. I do think that Sylvia has enough to write about with the trip to San Diego, the wedding, Corrine, Monica, & of course Gideon's demons. But you never know..I can't wait for this read!!!

Hi BettyY37, this is why I love this site. Betty, that scenario didn't even occur to me in a whisper. I love all the banter that happens here. I do think that Sylvia has enough to write about with the trip to San Diego, the wedding, Corrine, Monica, & of course Gideon's demons. But you never know..I can't wait for this read!!!

Thanks  Me too.  I usually do not post the ideas I get because they can be far out but since we do not have the last two books yet, we can play around.

Real Teaser:  Monica and Victor see each other after nearly 25 years and end up in bed.

We know they still love each other but so far Sylvia has not allowed what appears to be trivial events turn out to be nothing.  What can happen from this? Remember there is another book after Captivated By You!

I was also thinking about the redhead at the end of EWY. She says within earshot of Eva when she sees Deanna talking to Gideon, " he ----- her a lot." We know this not true but this woman thinks so so either she is trying to get Eva upset or Deanna has told her lies. Does anyone know what Deanna did in general terms in Afterburn with the male character lead in general terms without spoiling the plot? I know she was damaged after this and could explain her behavior in EWY. I am curious about Gideon's dark side that she alluded to in EWY. What ever it is she lost her mind over it.

I was also thinking about the redhead at the end of EWY. She says within earshot of Eva when she sees Deanna talking to Gideon, " he ----- her a lot." We know this not true but this woman thinks so so either she is trying to get Eva upset or Deanna has told her lies. Does anyone know what Deanna did in general terms in Afterburn with the male character lead in general terms without spoiling the plot? I know she was damaged after this and could explain her behavior in EWY. I am curious about Gideon's dark side that she alluded to in EWY. What ever it is she lost her mind over it.

It was Gia's brother in Afterburn who was involved with Deanna, their relationship didn't involve 'vanilla s*x' is all I will say which makes me wonder if Deanna had expected the same type of non-vanilla from Gideon and been disappointed that, although she told Eva "that man has a dark side" about Gideon maybe part of her vendetta towards him is that he did not come through for her? Eva wondered "what had he revealed in the course of their (his and Deanna's) . . . . association? If they'd had one"

There are subtle hints from Gideon all along that he intends to take Eva to 'the edge' and that there were things in his life he no longer needs now he has Eva, he has also revealed some knowledge of bdsm even if he has not been involved and he did enjoy seeing Eva in the scarlet cuffs - the typical 'you look beautiful' type of comment that dom's say when they have their sub trussed up (I do find anything written about being a dom and sub is very much to a script as if it is a rule for all people involved in bdsm to say the same things, not sure if that is just what the authors pick up from research or if they really do all speak in the same way).

I don't think Gideon is deeply involved in sadomasochism. When he first spoke to Eva about safe words and control he said something like "Eva, you know I have desire to beat you or put you in a cage. Those aren't needs either of us have..." I think he realized that as much as he needs control, Eva has a need for someone else to take the wheel, so to speak. So B/D, yeah. S&M, I seriously doubt it. I think he took those women to the boff pad and used those toys because he was lonely, but didn't want relationships with them. He may have been a wild man but I think he was scrupulously honest, if only to curb those expectations.

Please forgive my inaccurate quotes, I realize I'm paraphrasing.