CAPTIVATED BY YOU TREATS, TEASERS, etc..

Kirsten

the red head at the end of EWY is none other then Anne. Im thinking she is there to start crap. after all is she is cahoots with Corrine and mommy dearest will come find out..

AND my 2 cents.. Gideon in into power and control.. that too is a form of BDSM relationships without all the other kinky stuff.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the red head at the end of EWY is none other then Anne. Im thinking she is there to start crap. after all is she is cahoots with Corrine and mommy dearest will come find out..

AND my 2 cents.. Gideon in into power and control.. that too is a form of BDSM relationships without all the other kinky stuff.

I'd be happy if that last sentence were the case, I prefer this set of books to Fifty Shades for various reasons but one is that there is no kinky stuff - I don't mind reading about that but it was good to read a romance as intense as this one is that was 'normal' having read quite a few with dom/sub relationships that were not just about power and control.

Both Gideon and Eva have a need to control the sexual side of their relationship due to their pasts and Gideon has certainly understood Eva's needs. I still worry though that there is something dark in his past yet to be revealed and that he fears she will still leave him if he tells her about it - let's hope if there is it is something he thinks is really bad but she has the sense to see beyond what his past entailed and look to the future.

What if the bruises Gideon has from that teaser were from Eva? What if they were asleep together and he attacked her again ? Maybe she fought him off pretty hard . That could be why he's so upset and angry . Just a thought :)

Brett better not be making any problems ... And Eva should not be anywhere near him anymore...ever :(

What if the bruises Gideon has from that teaser were from Eva? What if they were asleep together and he attacked her again ? Maybe she fought him off pretty hard . That could be why he's so upset and angry . Just a thought :)

Brett better not be making any problems ... And Eva should not be anywhere near him anymore...ever :(

This is a really good train of thought! it would make a lot of sense why he says "its dangerous for you to be here.."

This is a really good train of thought! it would make a lot of sense why he says "its dangerous for you to be here.."

Hi llurvegc I dont agree with this train of thought because the excerpt said earlier in the day Gideon had sent Eva a sext so she was expecting a night of romance and then Gideon never showed up...that is why the bruises are disturbing. As for the Brett situation he did say he would be around and Gideon cant stop him from performing because that is what the Vidal record label is paying him to do so Gideon will have to grin and bear it but Im sure he knows that Brett will make his move if Gideon ever f&&&s up...

Hi IIurvegc, I agree with your train of thought. I am re-reading the series again & have just passed the section of the book you refer to. His temper, the angry music, etc in some way must be about Eva & a man. Maybe while in San Diego more info came out about Eva & Brett's past. Gideon is just as jealous as Eva. As for the bruises, haven't figured that one out yet.

ahhh yes, the mention of the prior text gives a hint that it isn't a night terror situation. What could it be that he is ashamed of though? I'm thinking it's something to do with his anger getting the best of him, but I also think Eva is somewhat clueless as to what happened between the text messages and that moment in the apartment. Also, I think I am gonna be annoyed when he goes to San Diego behind Eva's back. Unless it has to do with keeping the sex tape from coming out, that would be a valid reason, but I would be annoyed if it was because he doubted Brett being in proximity to Eva. I agree with Sylvia on Eva needing to let Carrie know about the marriage on a trip away from NY.

How log do you think it will take to devour the book? I'm gonna guess two and a half hours to speed read it at midnight on my computer or iPad and then take my time the next day when I go pick up the paper back from my bookstore.  So excited! But also kind bumped there will be a long wait till the story is all tied up.

ahhh yes, the mention of the prior text gives a hint that it isn't a night terror situation. What could it be that he is ashamed of though? I'm thinking it's something to do with his anger getting the best of him, but I also think Eva is somewhat clueless as to what happened between the text messages and that moment in the apartment. Also, I think I am gonna be annoyed when he goes to San Diego behind Eva's back. Unless it has to do with keeping the sex tape from coming out, that would be a valid reason, but I would be annoyed if it was because he doubted Brett being in proximity to Eva. I agree with Sylvia on Eva needing to let Carrie know about the marriage on a trip away from NY.

How log do you think it will take to devour the book? I'm gonna guess two and a half hours to speed read it at midnight on my computer or iPad and then take my time the next day when I go pick up the paper back from my bookstore.  So excited! But also kind bumped there will be a long wait till the story is all tied up.

That may be true llurvegc but is gonna be amazing!!!

Hi llurvegc, I haven't decided yet when I'm going to read the book. If I can stand it I might wait until my Christmas holidays, then the wait for the final book won't seem too long and also I can savour the book with a huge pot of coffee. As much as I want to devour book 4, I also want to see how the series ends. What shall I do..what shall I do???

Hi llurvegc, I haven't decided yet when I'm going to read the book. If I can stand it I might wait until my Christmas holidays, then the wait for the final book won't seem too long and also I can savour the book with a huge pot of coffee. As much as I want to devour book 4, I also want to see how the series ends. What shall I do..what shall I do???

Waiting till Christmas.....dgcaffeine you will need to avoid all fan community comments. I shall be avoiding all fan community comments until after reading the book......no spoilers for me!

Waiting till Christmas.....dgcaffeine you will need to avoid all fan community comments. I shall be avoiding all fan community comments until after reading the book......no spoilers for me!

Hi Georgette, yes... not being able to engage in the forum would become problematic for me if I decided to put off reading the book until December. I haven't decided what I will do yet. I don't mind the odd spoiler because Sylvia has already released a few quotes and we always looked forward to that. If I did visit the site and came across a vital part of the book I could always leave the site. All I know is that I completed yet another re-read of all three crossfire books & I want both books 4 & 5 right now. I can only hope we get book 5 by spring. Maybe????

Could this be where the bruises come from? (A fight with Christopher or Brett)

Or taken less literally, maybe a "fight" in the courtroom or with the law like legal battle?

Didn't Gideon say he practiced martial arts instead of regular gym stuff in BTY (I could be imagining that), so it could just be that. Maybe some Krav Maga stuff? Maybe Eva's dad went back with her to the classes. 

Who knows about the pen, I let my mind take me all kinds of places with these things so i'll just stop there for now.

Yes, when he told Eva he owned the chain of CrossTrainer gyms "Usually, I practice mixed martial arts with a personal trainer, but I use the gym occasionally."

So is it Brett, Christopher or someone else he is fighting with? And the pen makes an appearance again, perhaps paperwork to sign for Eva setting up her charitable foundation.

Any ideas on what is running across the bottom right hand of the photo - what starts of looking like whatever the guy is wearing goes across under the pen and along, with markings on it. The background of the picture is formed of something with a diamond pattern, at first I thought it was a wire fence but could be embossed leather or . . . .??? (I'm viewing the more elongated version of the picture, on the squared off picture the piece running across the bottom right hand is slightly lower than whatever the guy is wearing.)

Today Sylvia posted the link to a list on Buzzfeed of "10 perfect lines to steal from Gideon Cross": http://www.buzzfeed.com/sylviaday/10-perfect-lines-to-steal-from-gideon-cross-12ja6?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Promoted%20Post&utm_campaign=BuzzFeed&utm_content=1

There's one from Captivated By You that I hadn't seen on any of the teasers released yet (or at least, I don't remember haha):

“I want to be the man of your dreams, angel. I want that more than anything.â€

Today Sylvia posted the link to a list on Buzzfeed of "10 perfect lines to steal from Gideon Cross": http://www.buzzfeed.com/sylviaday/10-perfect-lines-to-steal-from-gideon-cross-12ja6?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Promoted%20Post&utm_campaign=BuzzFeed&utm_content=1

There's one from Captivated By You that I hadn't seen on any of the teasers released yet (or at least, I don't remember haha):

“I want to be the man of your dreams, angel. I want that more than anything.â€

Thats a great Gideonism... Omg I just cant wait for the book!!

The chain link fence is often used as a barrier in MMA bouts. The open fingered gloves seen on one of the men in the picture also indicate MMA so I suspect one of these guys is Gideon.

Also I forgot to mention that this appeared on Twitter (tne answer appears first) "Sylvia Day • Author @SylDay Oct 29 Yes. One is coming! “RT @Sharon_M745: @SylDay can we have one more excerpt or snippet before 11/18. I know we're never satisfied. LOLâ€

The chain link fence is often used as a barrier in MMA bouts. The open fingered gloves seen on one of the men in the picture also indicate MMA so I suspect one of these guys is Gideon.Also I forgot to mention that this appeared on Twitter (tne answer appears first) "Sylvia Day • Author @SylDay Oct 29 Yes. One is coming! “RT @Sharon_M745: @SylDay can we have one more excerpt or snippet before 11/18. I know we're never satisfied. LOLâ€

Yes D500 maybe tomorrow!! A Halloween snippet would be great or a first chapter !!!

I'd be happy if that last sentence were the case, I prefer this set of books to Fifty Shades for various reasons but one is that there is no kinky stuff - I don't mind reading about that but it was good to read a romance as intense as this one is that was 'normal' having read quite a few with dom/sub relationships that were not just about power and control.

Both Gideon and Eva have a need to control the sexual side of their relationship due to their pasts and Gideon has certainly understood Eva's needs. I still worry though that there is something dark in his past yet to be revealed and that he fears she will still leave him if he tells her about it - let's hope if there is it is something he thinks is really bad but she has the sense to see beyond what his past entailed and look to the future.

Gideon has a little kink in him but he isn't into pain, at least not with Eva.  Both Eva and Gideon had enough pain in their life when they were young.

I think he had his private session with Dr. Petersen and recalled something about his rape that embarrassed him.  Or it is possible they talked about Anne's brother and his suicide, Corrine's attempt at suicide and Gideon's dad.  Gideon thinks that he caused these suicides directly and indirectly.  He is digging up his past and it is hard for him to live with the memories so in his head he is thinking he might be dangerous to Eva if he hurts her again.  He doesn't want to break her and have Eva commit suicide. 

I don't think it will be tomorrow. I don't recall that she released snippets on Friday in the past.  My guess (and hope) is it will be next week with the picture.

Chapters 1 and 2 of EWY were released on Tuesday May 7th practically one month from the release date. This time around things have been a bit delayed with CBY so I dont think its unrealistic to think that maybe on Tuesday we may get at least Chapter 1 wouldnt that be great?