Happy New Year thanks to The Crossfire Series

Sharonm745

I hope this is the appropriate place for this post.  I picked this forum because I started with Crossfire and spend most of my time here. 

I want to wish everyone a very happy 2014.  In addition, I want to thank Sylvia Day for not only introducing me to a great book series with a very hot, damaged and in love fictitious couple (Eva & Gideon) but also to some wonderful (real life) lovers of books.

My initial visit to this site was in search of the release date for Entwined With You.  After jumping on the site a few times to peruse the members' thoughts on the books and characters, some that I love, some that I want to choke, I started to debate what Sylvia "really meant" in BTY & RIY.  Then I began to participate on the other threads because I was sure I understood SD's clues and how they were going to play out in EWY.  (BTW I was wrong more than I was right.) 

My initial thought was that I would spend a couple days on this forum and then move on but I couldn't stay away.  I returned regularly for almost a year now and I absolutely love everyone's thoughts and input.  It will be more exhilarating when we get to discuss Captivated (not asking for an update from SD but I won't be upset if she shares a snippet or two or three or four. shy-whistler.gif)    Not trying to get on your nerves Sylvia just having fun.

Anyway, after talking with fellow fans I found a group of ladies with a similar love of books.  They are generous with their time and recommendations.  I can't thank them enough for their sense of humor, excellent advise and just being an all around great group of women.  One of the best times I had last year was attending Book Bash.  (Thanks Kirsten for letting me know this event was so close to me and getting me a ticket.)  To the rest of our little group "The Crossfire Angels" I look forward to our daily discussions, pictures, and commiserations about everything from soup to Nutella. To my fellow "Kill A Character" participants some of you might need psychiatric help--you know who you are.  Finally GiGi thanks for being the keeper of the book list.  It is a great reference when I'm looking for my next read.

Thanks Sylvia for giving me good stories to read and introducing me to some good friends.  I hope 2014 finds you healthy and writing more wonderful stories.

new-year-confetti-smiley-emoticon.gif

Hi Sharon loved your post and I just wanted to share something with the fellow forum members...Last week from Dec 20th thru the 23rd I was fortunate to have the opportunity to visit New York City at the height of the Chrtistmas season. As you can imagine I was completely amazed at the sights and sounds and people everywhere as were my husband and daughter...and the entire time GidEva were never far from my thoughts!!! As I walked along 5th Avenue I wondered where Gideon's penthouse might be and as I browsed in Tiffany's I looked for Eva's watch and promise ring. The only place I didn't make it to was Bryant Park but then I could always go for a return trip!! The point I'm trying to make is that Sylvia's Crossfire series has really affected all of us . It is just hard to get it out of your head!! My wish for all of us this New Year is to continue reading and discussing and hopefully CBY will be in our hands sooner rather than later in 2014!!! Happy New Year to all on the forum and of course Sylvia also. May you continue to write and engage your readers for many years to come!! Thank you for all of the hours of discussion you have provided us with and perhaps if you have one too many on New Years Eve you can possibly let slip the release date or a snippet or two or three... LOL. :). :)

I hope this is the appropriate place for this post.  I picked this forum because I started with Crossfire and spend most of my time here. 

I want to wish everyone a very happy 2014.  In addition, I want to thank Sylvia Day for not only introducing me to a great book series with a very hot, damaged and in love fictitious couple (Eva & Gideon) but also to some wonderful (real life) lovers of books.

My initial visit to this site was in search of the release date for Entwined With You.  After jumping on the site a few times to peruse the members' thoughts on the books and characters, some that I love, some that I want to choke, I started to debate what Sylvia "really meant" in BTY & RIY.  Then I began to participate on the other threads because I was sure I understood SD's clues and how they were going to play out in EWY.  (BTW I was wrong more than I was right.) 

My initial thought was that I would spend a couple days on this forum and then move on but I couldn't stay away.  I returned regularly for almost a year now and I absolutely love everyone's thoughts and input.  It will be more exhilarating when we get to discuss Captivated (not asking for an update from SD but I won't be upset if she shares a snippet or two or three or four. shy-whistler.gif)    Not trying to get on your nerves Sylvia just having fun.

Anyway, after talking with fellow fans I found a group of ladies with a similar love of books.  They are generous with their time and recommendations.  I can't thank them enough for their sense of humor, excellent advise and just being an all around great group of women.  One of the best times I had last year was attending Book Bash.  (Thanks Kirsten for letting me know this event was so close to me and getting me a ticket.)  To the rest of our little group "The Crossfire Angels" I look forward to our daily discussions, pictures, and commiserations about everything from soup to Nutella. To my fellow "Kill A Character" participants some of you might need psychiatric help--you know who you are.  Finally GiGi thanks for being the keeper of the book list.  It is a great reference when I'm looking for my next read.

Thanks Sylvia for giving me good stories to read and introducing me to some good friends.  I hope 2014 finds you healthy and writing more wonderful stories.

new-year-confetti-smiley-emoticon.gif

Hi Sharon - Your comments are perfect !  This site has been very entertaining and made the Crossfire series more than just books.  Looking forward to the next 2 books and I know they will generate the same 'spirited' discussions the 1st 3 have done.  

Happy New Year to all :)  See ya in 2014 

Hi Sharon loved your post and I just wanted to share something with the fellow forum members...Last week from Dec 20th thru the 23rd I was fortunate to have the opportunity to visit New York City at the height of the Chrtistmas season. As you can imagine I was completely amazed at the sights and sounds and people everywhere as were my husband and daughter...and the entire time GidEva were never far from my thoughts!!! As I walked along 5th Avenue I wondered where Gideon's penthouse might be and as I browsed in Tiffany's I looked for Eva's watch and promise ring. The only place I didn't make it to was Bryant Park but then I could always go for a return trip!! The point I'm trying to make is that Sylvia's Crossfire series has really affected all of us . It is just hard to get it out of your head!! My wish for all of us this New Year is to continue reading and discussing and hopefully CBY will be in our hands sooner rather than later in 2014!!! Happy New Year to all on the forum and of course Sylvia also. May you continue to write and engage your readers for many years to come!! Thank you for all of the hours of discussion you have provided us with and perhaps if you have one too many on New Years Eve you can possibly let slip the release date or a snippet or two or three... LOL. :). :)

Isn't it fun to visit the site where our favorite books take place ?  Loved your trip down memory lane .   

Happy New Year to everyone who visits this forum. This is a site that I really enjoy visiting, for I really enjoy the discussions that is carried out on this site. The bantering is just lovely. Wishing everyone love, health, wealth and happiness for 2014. All the best.