Reflected in You Option/Question (Spoiler Inside)

eli

So I finished the second book.  I haven't started the third book.  I am in no way criticizing the writing choices but I do kind of wish they left Nathan in the series longer.  I thought that would have given her more option in future writing.  I'm I alone in this?  It's okay if I am.  I would love to hear other's options on this.

So I finished the second book.  I haven't started the third book.  I am in no way criticizing the writing choices but I do kind of wish they left Nathan in the series longer.  I thought that would have given her more option in future writing.  I'm I alone in this?  It's okay if I am.  I would love to hear other's options on this.

Hi Eli welcome to the forum !! That is an interesting thought but the fact that Gideon killed Nathan also gives Sylvia options in her future writing because that fact will affect him for the rest of his life. On the other hand Eva is now free to be the person she was meant to be knowing that the threat of Nathan is irrevocably gone from her life and there are endless options with that . Just my opinion!!

Well I love that Gideon killed Nathan when he did. What a twist! It's so cool to see it all come together when you re-read the book from that perspective. Also...I can't think of a better way for someone to prove their love for another. I mean he literally killed for her. Just like he said he would. 

Wait til you read the first two chapters in EWY...their steamy love-making reunion is sooo special knowing that he made the ultimate sacrifice for her. 

My hope would have been for Eva to have taken him out in self defense and she would have had the sweet reward of giving back to Nathan what he gave her for so many years.....and NO ONE would have committed murder....

Yes of course that would have been perfect but so predictable and lacking that darkness which is part of the story ... I think it was mentioned that the people from Lion's Gate like the darkness of the Crossfire Series .

Well I love that Gideon killed Nathan when he did. What a twist! It's so cool to see it all come together when you re-read the book from that perspective. Also...I can't think of a better way for someone to prove their love for another. I mean he literally killed for her. Just like he said he would. 

Wait til you read the first two chapters in EWY...their steamy love-making reunion is sooo special knowing that he made the ultimate sacrifice for her.

Yes Kristen one of my favorite thoughts of Eva's in EWY is when Gideon notes " you're different..." And Eva muses "the man I loved had killed for me ; a lot of things became inconsequential after that ..." Absolutely...

just thinking....things could have gone so wrong if at the end of RIY Gideon had not come back to his penthouse after his workout, and instead had gone to the apartment near Eva. Eva would have been sitting waiting for him and then her thoughts would have gone crazy...where is he, is he with Corrine? oh so many possibilities

any additional thoughts anyone?

loved the new "treat" bet that clipping comes near the end of CBY, most of Crossfire series has covered a period of time of 2 weeks, except for EWY which was almost a month

If Nathan had not been killed off from the story line then we would have a series of 10 books and not just 5. I couldn't handle more than 5 books that all cover less than four or five weeks at a time. If Nathan were still around, then there would be a constant dialogue about Eva's safety and her fighting Gideon and Monica/Stanton over the issues of body guards, tracking devices and etc. All that would make the books too similar to 50 Shades, and nothing against first time writers being extremely successful with their first book, but Sylvia Day has too many books under her belt to write story lines that go round and round and round like they did on 50 Shades. I wish we could have gotten to see an interaction between Eva and Nathan though... I hope that doesn't sound to disturbing, because I also imagine Gideon bursting into the room and taking Nathan down to China town. And even better, Eva taking him down with her Krav Manga skills. Really good discussion topic btw. 

If Nathan had not been killed off from the story line then we would have a series of 10 books and not just 5. I couldn't handle more than 5 books that all cover less than four or five weeks at a time. If Nathan were still around, then there would be a constant dialogue about Eva's safety and her fighting Gideon and Monica/Stanton over the issues of body guards, tracking devices and etc. All that would make the books too similar to 50 Shades, and nothing against first time writers being extremely successful with their first book, but Sylvia Day has too many books under her belt to write story lines that go round and round and round like they did on 50 Shades. I wish we could have gotten to see an interaction between Eva and Nathan though... I hope that doesn't sound to disturbing, because I also imagine Gideon bursting into the room and taking Nathan down to China town. And even better, Eva taking him down with her Krav Manga skills. Really good discussion topic btw.

Yes totally agree about Sylvia's experience and talent. The dark turn of the storyline increased the angst for all readers and had us examining our own psyches and moral boundaries...

• 1 year later...

just a thought.....after re-reading RIY and of course the others:  One of the reasons that Gideon wasn't a suspect in Nathan's murder was that he had "dumped" Eva for Corrine; but when the police came on Friday to question Eva about Nathan, Gideon was there.  How can he explain himself being there (even though it was a family dinner) to the police when they were supposedly broken up????    Just thinking about things to get my mind off OWY

just a thought.....after re-reading RIY and of course the others:  One of the reasons that Gideon wasn't a suspect in Nathan's murder was that he had "dumped" Eva for Corrine; but when the police came on Friday to question Eva about Nathan, Gideon was there.  How can he explain himself being there (even though it was a family dinner) to the police when they were supposedly broken up????    Just thinking about things to get my mind off OWY

I THOUGHT THE SAME THING! Plus,the police have to be suspicious of Gideon and Eva getting married only a few weeks he "broke up" with her.The police have to know they're married by now.

I would love to be able to go back to the other books and have Sylvia pull a "Grey" and re-read the book from Gideons perspective. I would love to know how he went about planing it and see how he did it.