Gideon's other women also known as the redhead, and all the dark haired beauties

BettyY37

In todays Penguin interview, Sylvia Day reiterated the last two books of her Crossfire series will focus on Gideon's demons and shadows.  (#CaptivatedbyYouinterview here: http://bit.ly/CBYInterview2 also

).

In the first three books, many women other then Eva were introduced that have strong connections to Gideon:

Anne Lucas; Corinne Giroux; Elizabeth Vidal; Ireland Vidal; Magdalene Perez; Deanna Johnson

None of these relationships have been fully resolved.  At the end of Entwined with You, they all still have some problem, dispute, or contentious matter for Gideon to address and are therefore among his shadows and demons.

Since this topic spans all five books, information about their past, predictions of the future, and seeing if the predictions are correct can generate interesting commentary.  In the next two books he must settle on some relationship with each of them.

The "shadow" that most intrigues me is Ireland Vidal.  Gideon has not figured out how to relate to her.

Eva has noticed since chapter 15 in Bared to You that Ireland has strong feelings for her eldest brother.  Gideon's response so far has been variations on "He scowled.  She's a teenage girl!  Why would I give her a chance to talk my ear off?"

Ireland says she does not know Gideon because he left home when she was very young yet she knows he loves Eva without being told.  When she attends the dinner party for Eva's father with Gideon, she picks up on the tension between her brother and his girlfriend in Reflected in You.  In Entwined in You, she encourages the couple's reconciliation at the Time Square premier.

Per Eva "Ireland was the one person in Gideon's family for whom he felt untarnished affection, although he tried hard not to show it.  I thought maybe he was afraid to be disappointed or afraid he might ruin it somehow...but Ireland hero-worshipped her brother and he'd kept his distance, even though he needed love terribly."

At the end of wedding ceremony, Eva named six people she missed and the fourth was Ireland, after her mom, dad, and Cary.  His sister is important to his wife too.

In todays Penguin interview, Sylvia Day reiterated the last two books of her Crossfire series will focus on Gideon's demons and shadows.  (#CaptivatedbyYouinterview here: http://bit.ly/CBYInterview2 also

">
).

In the first three books, many women other then Eva were introduced that have strong connections to Gideon:

Anne Lucas; Corinne Giroux; Elizabeth Vidal; Ireland Vidal; Magdalene Perez; Deanna Johnson

None of these relationships have been fully resolved.  At the end of Entwined with You, they all still have some problem, dispute, or contentious matter for Gideon to address and are therefore among his shadows and demons.

Since this topic spans all five books, information about their past, predictions of the future, and seeing if the predictions are correct can generate interesting commentary.  In the next two books he must settle on some relationship with each of them.

sscrph, on 04 Nov 2014 - 02:13 AM, said:snapback.png

Yes Betty that is very true but in Corine and Deanna's case ; they have no place in Gideon's life now that he is a married man so as Eva says they need to be weaned off and put away... Anne Lucas can definitely be considered a demon and perhaps her husband. I believe they are both a true danger to Eva and need to be dealt with and defeated so to speak. Elizabeth Vidal is a different story because she will be in Gideon's life in the future and that relationship needs to be repaired. Eva wants Gideon happy, healthy, and whole and she is a big key to this. As for Ireland , that relationship can be anything Gideon wants it to be because it is pure and untainted. Gideon just has to want it . I think Magdalene is a non issue. She was truly just a friend and a case of un requited love on her part. At least she is stable and it looks like she is moving on despite the rejection unlike Corinne...

SSCRPH

I like what you said (above).

We agree Corine and Deanna should have no place in Gideon's life but they do.  My recollections are he was investigating Corine's medication that may have contributed to her attempted suicide and he had given Deanna a "48 hour" exclusive for his wedding photos.  Because of their feelings for him and these actions on his part, they will both continue to be a part of this story.  The question is how long and how will he get rid of them or finally put them in a place in his life where he and Eva are comfortable.

I take a small exception to your view of Magdalene.  I would not be surprised to find her ultimately becoming a very close, important friend of both Eva and Gideon.  When she visits Eva's office to warn her about Deanna, Eva acknowledges "Oddly, I found myself at ease with her."  The fact that she has moved to a different plane emotionally regarding Gideon, her stable nature, and more then anyone else Magdalene seems to be for their relationship for the right reasons by the end of Entwined in You, she is a nearly perfect ally to help from the outside going forward.

Yes Betty that is very true but in Corine and Deanna's case ; they have no place in Gideon's life now that he is a married man so as Eva says they need to be weaned off and put away... Anne Lucas can definitely be considered a demon and perhaps her husband. I believe they are both a true danger to Eva and need to be dealt with and defeated so to speak. Elizabeth Vidal is a different story because she will be in Gideon's life in the future and that relationship needs to be repaired. Eva wants Gideon happy, healthy, and whole and she is a big key to this. As for Ireland , that relationship can be anything Gideon wants it to be because it is pure and untainted. Gideon just has to want it . I think Magdalene is a non issue. She was truly just a friend and a case of un requited love on her part. At least she is stable and it looks like she is moving on despite the rejection unlike Corinne...

Regarding Ireland

Gideon is in control of his relationship with all of the women I mentioned.  My recollection is he feels he made mistakes with all of them except Ireland.

He has had no relationship with her until Eva insists he talk to her by whispering in his ear, "Because I'll owe you one." at the garden party in Bared to You.

By the end of Entwined with You, he is texting Ireland.  It is too early to know whether he wants the relationship for himself or he is doing it because Eva wants it.  Either way, the evolution should be interesting. 

In Entwined with You Gideon gets a phone call from Corinne.  His side of the conversation went like this:

"I appreciate that you thought of me, but no,"..."Of course we're friends.  You know why...I can't give you what you want from me."..."Stop, This isn't the tack you want to take with me Corinne."

Gideon is too nice!

Throughout the first three books, he has always taken her calls and often gone to her assistance.  In this conversation he has already told her he is not interested yet she continues to pursue him.  In several topic forms fans want Corinne gone but we must have some change in Gideon's behavior to make this happen.

In Entwined with You Gideon gets a phone call from Corinne.  His side of the conversation went like this:

"I appreciate that you thought of me, but no,"..."Of course we're friends.  You know why...I can't give you what you want from me."..."Stop, This isn't the tack you want to take with me Corinne."

Gideon is too nice!

Throughout the first three books, he has always taken her calls and often gone to her assistance.  In this conversation he has already told her he is not interested yet she continues to pursue him.  In several topic forms fans want Corinne gone but we must have some change in Gideon's behavior to make this happen.

He may be too nice Betty but its her fault too she's just in denial:HE'S REALLY NOT THAT INTO HER!! LOL. :). :)

Gideon is too nice!

Later on in that same chapter, Chapter 10.....Eva wants to know what Corrine wanted besides him, that is when she explains the difference between mad at a guy and being teary over him. this is on page 143-144. Gideon finally says "Well, that changes things considerably, "There's nothing more she and I need to say to each other."

Now Gideon knows, but Corrine pulls a big one by trying to kill herself to get him back. Too late, Eva and Gideon are MARRIED.

Anyways 11/18/2014 can't get here soon enough!!

Later on in that same chapter, Chapter 10.....Eva wants to know what Corrine wanted besides him, that is when she explains the difference between mad at a guy and being teary over him. this is on page 143-144. Gideon finally says "Well, that changes things considerably, "There's nothing more she and I need to say to each other."Now Gideon knows, but Corrine pulls a big one by trying to kill herself to get him back. Too late, Eva and Gideon are MARRIED.Anyways 11/18/2014 can't get here soon enough!!

Yes jm hope the closer it gets I just cant believe how we have managed to wait this long!!! Just want to read it!! ;)

Later on in that same chapter, Chapter 10.....Eva wants to know what Corrine wanted besides him, that is when she explains the difference between mad at a guy and being teary over him. this is on page 143-144. Gideon finally says "Well, that changes things considerably, "There's nothing more she and I need to say to each other."

Now Gideon knows, but Corrine pulls a big one by trying to kill herself to get him back. Too late, Eva and Gideon are MARRIED.

Anyways 11/18/2014 can't get here soon enough!!

He says there is nothing more they need to say yet he rushes to the hospital when his mother calls about Corinne's attempted suicide.  I do think he goes out of guilt but her husband is there.  When will he step away?

I can not wait to read her reaction when Corinne finds out Gideon and Eva are married.  I hope it is in Captivated By You!

Do you think Corinne knew she was pregnant when she left Giroux?  While she was in New York?  We know her husband knew the child was his.  Will Corinne turn out to be so lovesick for Gideon she was willing to sacrifice her child or was she drugged into suicidal behavior? I do not think the idea of when she knew has been discussed.

PS

I hope it was drugs

Do you think Corinne knew she was pregnant when she left Giroux?  While she was in New York?  We know her husband knew the child was his.  Will Corinne turn out to be so lovesick for Gideon she was willing to sacrifice her child or was she drugged into suicidal behavior? I do not think the idea of when she knew has been discussed.

PS

I hope it was drugs

Hi Betty Eva says that women think Gideon is the ultimate prize and they ; the women , will do crazy things to have him... This is certainly an extreme case of that . Corinne had to know she was pregnant and psychiatric drugs are powerful but she would have had to be awfully deranged to endanger the life of her child. I think she knew exactly what she was doing her only thought being to guilt Gideon into taking her back...so pitiful. :(. :(

The redhead who told Eva "You're a fortunate young lady." in chapter 7 of Bared to You is believed to be Anne Lucas.  I do not remember Anne being positively identified in any of the first three books yet she is often referred to in various Crossfire topic forms as someone who will be trouble for Gideon.  We know her husband hates (not a word I use lightly even when referring to a fictional character) Gideon but there are not any examples of Anne or anyone thought to be Anne attacking him.  Could she have moved on?  Does she know or could she find out about Gideon's threat to her brother?

Gideon thinks Anne's husband, "...Maybe (loves Anne) as much as I love you (Eva). Enough to overlook her cheating and cover up for her brother.."  Dr. Terrence Lucas and Jean-Francois Giroux could be the demons coming out of their wives shadows or not

The redhead who told Eva "You're a fortunate young lady." in chapter 7 of Bared to You is believed to be Anne Lucas.  I do not remember Anne being positively identified in any of the first three books yet she is often referred to in various Crossfire topic forms as someone who will be trouble for Gideon.  We know her husband hates (not a word I use lightly even when referring to a fictional character) Gideon but there are not any examples of Anne or anyone thought to be Anne attacking him.  Could she have moved on?  Does she know or could she find out about Gideon's threat to her brother?

Gideon thinks Anne's husband, "...Maybe (loves Anne) as much as I love you (Eva). Enough to overlook her cheating and cover up for her brother.."  Dr. Terrence Lucas and Jean-Francois Giroux could be the demons coming out of their wives shadows or not

Betty Sylvia confirmed that the redhead in Chapter 7 of BTY was NOT Anne Lucas...

Is it possible that Deanna contacts Anne to enrol her in the spurned by Gideon club?  Could Anne and her husband be among those set to try and cause trouble for Gideon.  As Dr Lucas knows about Gideon's abuse would have told his wife about that, and if so would that be while she was having her affair with Gideon or after he spurned her?  But would it be fair of her to seek revenge on Gideon re her brother knowing what her brother did to him?

Just reread about Corinne's pregnancy.  I had forgotten she was 4 months.  Had she shared information about her condition with Magdalene? with the doctor who gave her the antidepressants?  It will be interesting to see how Sylvia deals with this aspect of the Corinne story.

Just reread about Corinne's pregnancy.  I had forgotten she was 4 months.  Had she shared information about her condition with Magdalene? with the doctor who gave her the antidepressants?  It will be interesting to see how Sylvia deals with this aspect of the Corinne story.

Yes I wonder if Sylvia will choose to "redeem" Corinne or maintain her role of "villianess???