* * CAPTIVATED BY YOU ++ SPOILER ++ CHAT * *

Kirsten

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, from comments on Facebook it seems some people already have the book which seems odd, one girl said it was already out in the Philippines - comments have been deleted now but I understand there were photos of readers with the book.

I saw on FB where Sylvia posted a photo about a no spoiler zone which could mean that some do have it already 

Sylvia put this on FB as a reply to someone who said it's not fair that some have the book:

"It is a massive undertaking to ship over a million copies of a book worldwide. Copies are presently being shipped to vendors and not all vendors have received their shipments yet. It's unfortunate that some vendors who received copies early have chosen to disregard their signed affidavits promising not to sell the book prior to Nov 18. If anyone spots CBY on sale this week, please report the violation by calling 800-253-2304 ext. 2282 - Thank you"

I saw on FB where Sylvia posted a photo about a no spoiler zone which could mean that some do have it already 

Sylvia put this on FB as a reply to someone who said it's not fair that some have the book:

"It is a massive undertaking to ship over a million copies of a book worldwide. Copies are presently being shipped to vendors and not all vendors have received their shipments yet. It's unfortunate that some vendors who received copies early have chosen to disregard their signed affidavits promising not to sell the book prior to Nov 18. If anyone spots CBY on sale this week, please report the violation by calling 800-253-2304 ext. 2282 - Thank you"

yeah, seems Sylvia had that same problem with the release of EWY. Thought Penquin would do a better job this time. Hopefully the vendors that are not complying with their signed affidavits will be punished.

I hope this isn't a stupid question - but does anyone know if we will we get chapter 1 automatically if we have pre ordered the book?

It will be a link to Sylvia's web site rather than a download for e-book readers (although the last part of the book she posted did have a link to 'send to kindle' but that didn't work for me).

Link should be live at 9 a.m. PST 5 p.m. UK time.

Guys, I was checking the Penguin site and... I found out that they have the entire first and second chapters, and part of the third, on their own website, as an "excerpt".

Should I put the link here? I won't do it if you think it's wrong, but it's in the book's publisher site... therefore I think it's legal. What do you think?

Sylvia, if you don't want me to put it here, just say the word and I won't.

The link is here, for those who want to read it.

http://www.penguin.com/book/captivated-by-you-by-sylvia-day/9780425273869

You have to clink on the blue rectangle written "Start Reading".

This is really surprising to be.  I cannot believe that the Publisher has released this prior to when the Author wanted it released.  I do not know much about publishing, but knowing the uproar previously.  I am surprised.

This is really surprising to be.  I cannot believe that the Publisher has released this prior to when the Author wanted it released.  I do not know much about publishing, but knowing the uproar previously.  I am surprised.

I don't understand it either. I don't know if Sylvia knows it. I just decided to share it because it's on Penguin's website, so I believe they have authorization (from themselves, as publishers, or from Sylvia, I don't know).

I'm confused as to why it's there too, but happy for the taste of GidEva.

Carol this is the spoiler thread so you can feel free to discuss.

I will once again remind anyone reading these posts from this point forward 🌟🌟THERE WILL BE SPOILERS. 🌟🌟

I loved that we're going to get POVs from both Gideon and Eva. That allows us to read parts of the history that we hadn't had previous access to (stuff that happens to Gideon and we only heard about it later when he told Eva). I want to read his POV during the all-boys (my guess) party at Arash's. I want to see how he relates to his friends, and what he tells them about Eva.

This book is going to be more difficult to read than the 3rd one (kinda like the 2nd one). When Gideon's issues really arrive to the table, they're going to fight, because Gideon prefers to repress it, pretend it's not hapenning (or that he can deal with it inside his head, on hiw own), while Eva likes to talk and disscuss everything. She wants to help him, and he thinks he doesn't need help. 

I think Eva is the stable one right now, and I love that she's being positive when she could stay mad (like in the apartment, in the car, in the office, etc). However, I think she's putting too much emphasis on what she may or may not feel about Brett. In the previous books, I hadn't felt that her feelings could be anything more than simple , therefore easy to ignore when he wasn't around. But at least she's not afraid to identify and try to "fix" her issues. She's probably going to talk about it with Dr. Travis.

What do you guys think?

I love the alternating POV,too. We no longer have to guess what's going on in Gideon's mind during important events.

It looks like we're not gonna have to wait too long to find out what is going on with Migumi. Eva plans to ask Raul to track her down once she returns from San Diego. Migumi is now on her 4th sick day. :-(

I am DELIGHTED to see Gideon stand up to that horrible mother of his. Apparently he's accustomed to her manipulative ways and doesn't permit any interference from her into his life. I can not WAIT until he really gets into it with her. I know it'll be hard on Gideon to deal with his past, especially her lack of support regarding his abuse, but I think he really needs to get the poison out of his life. Starting with Mommy Dearest.

I loved that we're going to get POVs from both Gideon and Eva. That allows us to read parts of the history that we hadn't had previous access to (stuff that happens to Gideon and we only heard about it later when he told Eva). I want to read his POV during the all-boys (my guess) party at Arash's. I want to see how he relates to his friends, and what he tells them about Eva.

This book is going to be more difficult to read than the 3rd one (kinda like the 2nd one). When Gideon's issues really arrive to the table, they're going to fight, because Gideon prefers to repress it, pretend it's not hapenning (or that he can deal with it inside his head, on hiw own), while Eva likes to talk and disscuss everything. She wants to help him, and he thinks he doesn't need help. 

I think Eva is the stable one right now, and I love that she's being positive when she could stay mad (like in the apartment, in the car, in the office, etc). However, I think she's putting too much emphasis on what she may or may not feel about Brett. In the previous books, I hadn't felt that her feelings could be anything more than simple ######, therefore easy to ignore when he wasn't around. But at least she's not afraid to identify and try to "fix" her issues. She's probably going to talk about it with Dr. Travis.

What do you guys think?

I hope Dr. Travis can help Eva resolve her feelings regarding Brett ASAP.  Every time he calls, shows up, talks, sings...she has very strong reactions.

The Tuesday after she marries Gideon she sends Brett a text "Just quick hello with smiley face".  Why?

OMG OMG OMG !!! Can't believe that Penquin put the first 3 chapters out to be read!!! Wonder what Sylvia thinks about this?

This book is going to be really something.....both POVs are exciting and you have to really keep track as to who is "talking" Some of the paragraphs we have already read, but it was nice getting them in the right context. Alot of new characters have been introduced from Gideon's side of life....interesting hurry up 11/18/14