* * CAPTIVATED BY YOU ++ SPOILER ++ CHAT * *

Kirsten

What do you guys think about Anne Lucas? It HAD to have been her at Cipriani's the night before, right? Even though she still has short hair? Did she think a long red wig would fool Gideon? I think she WANTS to provoke a reaction from him. If she isn't already completely off her rocker she's headed that way, IMO.

What did you think about what Gideon said about Anne's resemblance to her brother Hugh? In conversations with Eva Gideon had implied he had become involved with Anne solely as a way to get back at her husband. But now it seems like part of also may have been a way to take his anger out on so.eone who reminded him of his abuser.

So many people in the books are so meticulously described: Anne is a redhead, Terry's hair is white. Gideon and Ireland look like their mother, Christopher and Chris, senior look alike. Detective Graves is thin with dark, course hair, etc. Is it weird that we know so much about seemingly minor characters but I can't remember a single word describing what Nathan looked like?

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you guys think about Anne Lucas? It HAD to have been her at Cipriani's the night before, right? Even though she still has short hair? Did she think a long red wig would fool Gideon? I think she WANTS to provoke a reaction from him. If she isn't already completely off her rocker she's headed that way, IMO.

What did you think about what Gideon said about Anne's resemblance to her brother Hugh? In conversations with Eva Gideon had implied he had become involved with Anne solely as a way to get back at her husband. But now it seems like part of also may have been a way to take his anger out on so.eone who reminded him of his abuser.

So many people in the books are so meticulously described: Anne is a redhead, Terry's hair is white. Gideon and Ireland look like their mother, Christopher and Chris, senior look alike. Detective Graves is thin with dark, course hair, etc. Is it weird that we know so much about seemingly minor characters but I can't remember a single word describing what Nathan looked like?

I think it was definitely Anne at the dinner. Using a wig shows premeditation... That's really scary. She probably even knew who Cary was before she approached him. In the moment, I think she's a biggest threat to Eva, because she wants to take her out of the picture so, that way, in her mind, she can be wth Gideon.

About the lack of description of Nathan, I believe it's because Eva (and now Gideon) only describes the characters with whom she is interacting, in that moment, or at least that are an active presence in her life (and, in Anne's case, a character she saw in a picture, and was describing to the reader). And Nathan never interacted with her on the present time, so all references to him were just that, references to another moment ou to the past.

Eva is not going to be happy when she finds out that Gideon followed her to SD.  She's going to take  it as if he doesn't trust her to be in the same city as Brett.  Is anyone surprised to fine Gideon almost OCD about Eva.  It's a little creepy and Eva will loose herself with it.  There's only so much someone can do for you before they suffocate  you.  Not to mention he's plotting her new job with him.  Major battle happening over Eva not being able to be herself.

I loved that we're going to get POVs from both Gideon and Eva. That allows us to read parts of the history that we hadn't had previous access to (stuff that happens to Gideon and we only heard about it later when he told Eva). I want to read his POV during the all-boys (my guess) party at Arash's. I want to see how he relates to his friends, and what he tells them about Eva.

This book is going to be more difficult to read than the 3rd one (kinda like the 2nd one). When Gideon's issues really arrive to the table, they're going to fight, because Gideon prefers to repress it, pretend it's not hapenning (or that he can deal with it inside his head, on hiw own), while Eva likes to talk and disscuss everything. She wants to help him, and he thinks he doesn't need help. 

I think Eva is the stable one right now, and I love that she's being positive when she could stay mad (like in the apartment, in the car, in the office, etc). However, I think she's putting too much emphasis on what she may or may not feel about Brett. In the previous books, I hadn't felt that her feelings could be anything more than simple ######, therefore easy to ignore when he wasn't around. But at least she's not afraid to identify and try to "fix" her issues. She's probably going to talk about it with Dr. Travis.

What do you guys think?

Yes the tone of this book is definitely different and I felt a little on edge reading the excerpts...we are seeing mega mogul Gideon in action and Eva having to adjust to her new role as mogul's wife...It will be interesting. I wonder if Jax from Afterburn/Aftershock will be at the guys night out ...I was thinking that Sylvia might cross him over too as she did Deanna...

Eva is not going to be happy when she finds out that Gideon followed her to SD.  She's going to take  it as if he doesn't trust her to be in the same city as Brett.  Is anyone surprised to fine Gideon almost OCD about Eva.  It's a little creepy and Eva will loose herself with it.  There's only so much someone can do for you before they suffocate  you.  Not to mention he's plotting her new job with him.  Major battle happening over Eva not being able to be herself.

Absolutely agree with this!!! They have been married a week and Gideon wants to "lock her up". I do agree with what Gideon said about Eva and her dependence on psychiatry...Gideva need to learn how to deal with each other on their own terms and I'm sure that will come with time but then again he really is clueless when it comes to dealing with women. LOL. :) :)

On a positive note I loved Gideon's conversation with Ireland and I loved how she described Eva as a "keeper" to which Gideon whole heartedly agreed; Ireland did note her mother's reaction to the news which I thought was interesting and of course she is on team Gideva... :). :)

I guess we're still only on the first day in this chapter, as they are focussing on Eva and Cary flying out to SD and Gideon's day, Christopher is not yet on the scene for this part of the story. I bet he reappears after they return from SD.

After reading these opening chapters I can now understand why Sylvia took so long over them - I'm sure she had originally said she would find it difficult to write from Gideon's POV as there was so much going on inside his head, I wonder if it was a fairly late decision to put quite so much in here from his POV?

And I too have been wondering if we will meet some of the characters from Afterburn/Aftershock in this one.

I suspect Gideon is still extremely insecure over both his life and relationship with Eva, despite the façade he puts on. I don't 'read between the lines' in books easily so some of you will probably have read more into parts of the story than I have, and I was really grateful for all the posts about the previous books which helped me understand more when I next re-read them. Some of my thoughts below.

He admits he is a mess, he mentions a time of being at the mercy of everything and everyone (that statement worries me). He's obviously aware that Evan needs security, something she does not realise as she thought her only threat was Nathan, but Gideon is still extremely keen to keep her protected. He insists on her being accompanied when she goes to see Megumi so one wonders if he already knows something about Megumi - as someone Eva is friendly with he will have investigated her background.

Having been let down by family in the past, where a family is supposed to support you and love you unconditionally, it's understandable that he is scared of losing Eva, the one person he feels does love him unconditionally, so the fact she admits that she still has some feeling for Brett would shake him to the core. She had the guts to come clean to him about this and a pity that he used the one thing he knew would hurt her and yet again made her want to run, even though she had said she would not do so again.

I'd love to know what Gideon said to Eva's dad that was earning him so much praise.

Interesting that he blanked out the office windows when his mother arrived, and that due to his resemblance to his mother he doesn't always liked seeing his own face. Hopefully more revelations in this book. Still no explanation of how his mother's ring became HIS.

Looks like when with Anne he was not exactly turned on yet she still came back for more. And then on to his thoughts about the number of women in his past who might cause problems for him, that they were aggressive by nature - will we hear how he took the upper hand with them?

I guess we're still only on the first day in this chapter, as they are focussing on Eva and Cary flying out to SD and Gideon's day, Christopher is not yet on the scene for this part of the story. I bet he reappears after they return from SD.After reading these opening chapters I can now understand why Sylvia took so long over them - I'm sure she had originally said she would find it difficult to write from Gideon's POV as there was so much going on inside his head, I wonder if it was a fairly late decision to put quite so much in here from his POV?And I too have been wondering if we will meet some of the characters from Afterburn/Aftershock in this one.I suspect Gideon is still extremely insecure over both his life and relationship with Eva, despite the façade he puts on. I don't 'read between the lines' in books easily so some of you will probably have read more into parts of the story than I have, and I was really grateful for all the posts about the previous books which helped me understand more when I next re-read them. Some of my thoughts below.He admits he is a mess, he mentions a time of being at the mercy of everything and everyone (that statement worries me). He's obviously aware that Evan needs security, something she does not realise as she thought her only threat was Nathan, but Gideon is still extremely keen to keep her protected. He insists on her being accompanied when she goes to see Megumi so one wonders if he already knows something about Megumi - as someone Eva is friendly with he will have investigated her background.Having been let down by family in the past, where a family is supposed to support you and love you unconditionally, it's understandable that he is scared of losing Eva, the one person he feels does love him unconditionally, so the fact she admits that she still has some feeling for Brett would shake him to the core. She had the guts to come clean to him about this and a pity that he used the one thing he knew would hurt her and yet again made her want to run, even though she had said she would not do so again.I'd love to know what Gideon said to Eva's dad that was earning him so much praise.Interesting that he blanked out the office windows when his mother arrived, and that due to his resemblance to his mother he doesn't always liked seeing his own face. Hopefully more revelations in this book. Still no explanation of how his mother's ring became HIS.Looks like when with Anne he was not exactly turned on yet she still came back for more. And then on to his thoughts about the number of women in his past who might cause problems for him, that they were aggressive by nature - will we hear how he took the upper hand with them?

Yes D500 your questions are my questions....it was so sad to read that he didnt like looking at his mother's face. And as for Ann Lucas' spiked hair...well he definitely strayed from his type there so he was definitely using her... Really I dont see how Gideon couldn't be a mess... Eva did rock his world as he even gets pi$$ed at himself for needing her so much and coupled with the fact that he finally seeking therapy to release all of his repressed anger and frustrations not to mention the stress involved with heading a worldwide conglomerate all the while obsessing over his new wife and her ex rock star boyfriend...I agree with Gideon when he says he cant believe that this idiot from Eva's past has an opportunity to derail him and everything he has built with Eva. We finally do get an answer to the baby question. Eva and Gideon do not want children at this time. Gideon wants all Eva's attention focused on him and no one else and Eva knows they both have alot of work to do before they can be parents. Its obviously going to be a great book and we only have a week left to wait. :). :)

Three chapters in and we haven't heard a peep from Christopher...interesting. :(. :(

I think Christopher is using his mother to do his dirty work for now. He has to be the one feeding Lizzie the details about Eva and Brett. It's pretty smart, in a devious way. Gideon threw his mother out of his office but not before she got a chance to spew some of her venom. Christopher never would've gotten that far and would probably gotten a severe beating for his trouble. I'm surprised he hasn't tried to poison Ireland against Gideva. But it's easier with Lizzie because her mind is so poisonous to begin with.

Christopher seems to have always had a knack for not going too far with Gideon, but I think he's close to the edge now. If it turns out that Christopher had anything to do with that sex tape or telling Deanna about it, Gideon will fix him. I certainly don't think he'd hesitate to fire him from Vidal Records.

New Tweet from Sylvia

Sylvia Day • Author â€@SylDay · 39m39 minutes ago

I'm sorry to say that @penguinusa's preview of #CaptivatedByYou was not complete. Look for a link to the full reveal shortly!

(it cut off too soon so we have a little more to read). Waiting for her to add the link for it.

Three chapters in and we haven't heard a peep from Christopher...interesting. :(. :(

I think Christopher is using his mother to do his dirty work for now. He has to be the one feeding Lizzie the details about Eva and Brett. It's pretty smart, in a devious way. Gideon threw his mother out of his office but not before she got a chance to spew some of her venom. Christopher never would've gotten that far and would probably gotten a severe beating for his trouble. I'm surprised he hasn't tried to poison Ireland against Gideva. But it's easier with Lizzie because her mind is so poisonous to begin with.

Christopher seems to have always had a knack for not going too far with Gideon, but I think he's close to the edge now. If it turns out that Christopher had anything to do with that sex tape or telling Deanna about it, Gideon will fix him. I certainly don't think he'd hesitate to fire him from Vidal Records.

New Tweet from SylviaSylvia Day • Author â€@SylDay · 39m39 minutes agoI'm sorry to say that @penguinusa's preview of #CaptivatedByYou was not complete. Look for a link to the full reveal shortly!(it cut off too soon so we have a little more to read). Waiting for her to add the link for it.

Omg what a treat more Gideva before the 18th. :). :)

I had a really hard time getting into Gideon's POV. I missed Eva lol.

Yes Same here! I'm so use to seeing things from Eva's pov its going to take some time to to adjust to Gideon's pov. But it was nice reading from his point of view. I've always wondered what Gideon's up to when he's away from Eva and does he actually 'hang-out; with friends. I guess he actually does lol

he already planned on going before he cought up with the guys. 

I agree with the long hair wig thing. and yes she had to know who cary is its all over the news.  I loved that the little tid bit about Anne really haven to work at getting him aroused

,it just shows he wasn't into her

anyone else think that Landons son is the one dating Ireland? that wont end well

I had a really hard time getting into Gideon's POV. I missed Eva lol.

I like reading Gideon's POV. Try as she might, Eva's own issues and insecurities skew her perception of Gideon's actions and since he can't or won't always explain, I think it's great to have the opportunity to climb inside his head. I'm hoping that Gideon's POV will be the primary in this one because I think we'll need that to understand him.

he already planned on going before he cought up with the guys.

I agree with the long hair wig thing. and yes she had to know who cary is its all over the news. I loved that the little tid bit about Anne really haven to work at getting him aroused

,it just shows he wasn't into her

anyone else think that Landons son is the one dating Ireland? that wont end well

Wasn't Landon described as being young like Gideon?