* * CAPTIVATED BY YOU ++ SPOILER ++ CHAT * *

Kirsten

HI Ladies~

I need your help, I want CBY the quickest way possible, LOL.  So, do I preorder it from Amazon or where ever, of do I go to Target on Tuesday 11/18? What is the best way to get CBY in my hot little hands the fastest? And if I do order from Amazon, do I order the actual book, or do I order the download on to my Kindle? Thank you!

Shannon

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI Ladies~

I need your help, I want CBY the quickest way possible, LOL.  So, do I preorder it from Amazon or where ever, of do I go to Target on Tuesday 11/18? What is the best way to get CBY in my hot little hands the fastest? And if I do order from Amazon, do I order the actual book, or do I order the download on to my Kindle? Thank you!

Shannon

Download to kindle; you should get the book at 12:01 am on the 18th

What upsets me the most is that Eva is "confused" over Brett. She should be hopping mad about the release of the sex tape and whether Brett had anything to do with it. Gideon shouldn't have said anything about Corrine, that was really stupid.

As I said earlier, I like having both POVs, but I have to pay attention more as to who is talking. Would have liked to hear the conversation that Gideon had with Victor, and also the one in EWY when he asked if he could marry his daughter.

Loved teasertuesday!! Thanks Sylvia

he already planned on going before he caught up with the guys. 

I agree with the long hair wig thing. and yes she had to know who Cary is its all over the news.  I loved that the little tidbit about Anne really haven to work at getting him aroused

,it just shows he wasn't into her

anyone else think that Landons son is the one dating Ireland? that wont end well

My thoughts exactly, agoodbook. The teleconference (blow job) dealt with sending a team to California.

The wig is, as suggested before, indicative of premeditated interference.

Also Gideon's impotency with Anne may relate to her brother. Did I imagine Gideon saying something about being restrained?

The link with the Landons might be interesting. Also if Gideon loses his business focus with his obsession with Eva.

Geroge, I saw that too about being restrained.

from the chat with his lawyer something big was already going down when he took her the outer banks.

The inner comment Gideon made make my mind wonder.. "my lawyer knows about eva " and he don't care why does Arnoldo

I wasn't sure if the mention of restrained was just that it reminded him of being held down by the abuser or meant more? He still has a lot to reveal.

The something big going down would probably be the LanCorp software take over. in Chapter 1 Arash mentioned 'while Landon's plotting your ruin, you're off at the beach' and then a few paragraphs later 'LanCorp's acquisition of that software set you back years in research and development.'

Arash hasn't seen Eva with Brett, Arnoldo has. He has seen Gideon fight Brett because he kissed Eva, get back with Eva and then again seen Eva dine with Brett and how she was during that meal. We've only heard about the meal from her own point of view, Arnoldo spotted the chemistry between them. He's been through it himself and is worried the same could happen to Gideon - he doesn't yet know Gideon and Eva are married, Arash obviously does as he will have drawn up the pre-nup and filed all the marriage documentation once Angus handed it over. Arash will see them as married and settled.

ok, that was the shortest 3 chapters Ive ever read. I loved we got both POV. Arnoldo is not my friend :(

I wasn't sure if the mention of restrained was just that it reminded him of being held down by the abuser or meant more? He still has a lot to reveal.

The something big going down would probably be the LanCorp software take over. in Chapter 1 Arash mentioned 'while Landon's plotting your ruin, you're off at the beach' and then a few paragraphs later 'LanCorp's acquisition of that software set you back years in research and development.'

Arash hasn't seen Eva with Brett, Arnoldo has. He has seen Gideon fight Brett because he kissed Eva, get back with Eva and then again seen Eva dine with Brett and how she was during that meal. We've only heard about the meal from her own point of view, Arnoldo spotted the chemistry between them. He's been through it himself and is worried the same could happen to Gideon - he doesn't yet know Gideon and Eva are married, Arash obviously does as he will have drawn up the pre-nup and filed all the marriage documentation once Angus handed it over. Arash will see them as married and settled.

Hi new member, I joined because I'm so excited about Captivated by You!!!!!

I like that Arnoldo is honest with Gideon just like Cary is honest with Eva. There have been times when Cary has tried telling Eva she can't trust Gideon, like after Gideon almost raped her in the middle of a nightmare. Cary had good reason to say it to Eva back weeks ago.

I think Arnoldo has good reason right now to say what he said to Gideon because the two times he saw Eva she was with Brent. Eva's bad. And Gideon's bad for taking Corrine out on a date to Arnoldo's restaurant a few nights after the Brett kiss and brawl. I'll bet she is who Arnoldo was thinking about when he told Gideon "You couldn't choose one of the other women who've loved you and would give you no trouble? A comfortable ornament who would settle into your life without a ripple." I'll bet she was on her sweetest and kindest behavior at dinner that night.

I predict Arnoldo will come around just like Eva's father did. At one point he didn't trust Gideon and thought he was a cheater because of things Gideon did. Dad didn't want Eva hurt even more. Gideon earned his trust back. Right now Arnoldo is scared Eva is a cheater and doesn't want Gideon hurt even more. Eva has got to earn his trust back.

Hi Everyone!

I couldn't help myself either....I read the first three chapters! Arghh :(   Eva is annoying me already! What could she possibly have to say to Brett other than asking about the tape? What feelings could she have for him? Especially after that video..how embarrassing. I'm on Gideon's side about this. No, maybe he shouldn't have mentioned Corrine...but Eva KNOWS he would never do anything with her...

Eva really never told her mom she was engaged the day before?! How is that possible?...I don't like that either...To have her  mom find out from someone other than her,and she was with her too! I'd love to know what Gideon said to Victor...both in this book and last :)

I like Arnoldo...you can't blame him for being concerned about his friend. What I'd like to know is who all of the other women were that loved him...how long was he with them? Are they the same women he took to the hotel? Oh! And he's selling the hotel! For Eva...yet another thing he's doing for her b/c she hates it.

It's sad to see how much Gideon doesn't like himself :(  And with the book alternating POV's you can see how obsessed he is with Eva. It's nice to see how happy he is chatting w. Ireland....no so much w. his mom lol.

Well...one week to go! I just hope there are a lot of questions answered and happy moments in this book.

Maybe I'm the only one here but being inside Gideon's head makes me kind of dislike Eva a little tiny bit.

If she's so consumed with Gideon and realised that Brett was just a passing thing, no good for her, etc etc then WHY IN THE HECK is she conflicted any at all?

He raised a great question about it too. Gideon asked her if seeing the music video for Golden skewed her memory of what it was really like between them.

I'm not sure why she's making what happened with Brett in the past into great love story in her mind when she's admitted herself that was nothing like she shares now with G.

She mentions finding shattered pieces and trying to get rid of them for good but WHY is it so hard for her to get rid of Brett?

I dunno. Maybe somebody can explain to me. Maybe I'm missing a few pieces or forgetting a few details.

Hi Everyone!

I couldn't help myself either....I read the first three chapters! Arghh :(   Eva is annoying me already! What could she possibly have to say to Brett other than asking about the tape? What feelings could she have for him? Especially after that video..how embarrassing. I'm on Gideon's side about this. No, maybe he shouldn't have mentioned Corrine...but Eva KNOWS he would never do anything with her...

Eva really never told her mom she was engaged the day before?! How is that possible?...I don't like that either...To have her  mom find out from someone other than her,and she was with her too! I'd love to know what Gideon said to Victor...both in this book and last :)

I like Arnoldo...you can't blame him for being concerned about his friend. What I'd like to know is who all of the other women were that loved him...how long was he with them? Are they the same women he took to the hotel? Oh! And he's selling the hotel! For Eva...yet another thing he's doing for her b/c she hates it.

It's sad to see how much Gideon doesn't like himself :(  And with the book alternating POV's you can see how obsessed he is with Eva. It's nice to see how happy he is chatting w. Ireland....no so much w. his mom lol.

Well...one week to go! I just hope there are a lot of questions answered and happy moments in this book.

I JUST posted about the Brett situation.

I get that Gideon's head is kind of like a fortress, but how in the does she think he's going to feel about his WIFE being "conflicted" about her feelings for another man?

What on planet Earth could Eva be feeling for Brett (barf)

Hi new member, I joined because I'm so excited about Captivated by You!!!!!

I like that Arnoldo is honest with Gideon just like Cary is honest with Eva. There have been times when Cary has tried telling Eva she can't trust Gideon, like after Gideon almost raped her in the middle of a nightmare. Cary had good reason to say it to Eva back weeks ago.

I think Arnoldo has good reason right now to say what he said to Gideon because the two times he saw Eva she was with Brent. Eva's bad. And Gideon's bad for taking Corrine out on a date to Arnoldo's restaurant a few nights after the Brett kiss and brawl. I'll bet she is who Arnoldo was thinking about when he told Gideon "You couldn't choose one of the other women who've loved you and would give you no trouble? A comfortable ornament who would settle into your life without a ripple." I'll bet she was on her sweetest and kindest behavior at dinner that night.

I predict Arnoldo will come around just like Eva's father did. At one point he didn't trust Gideon and thought he was a cheater because of things Gideon did. Dad didn't want Eva hurt even more. Gideon earned his trust back. Right now Arnoldo is scared Eva is a cheater and doesn't want Gideon hurt even more. Eva has got to earn his trust back.

I cant wait to read the scenario when they all meet up in California. Will Eva confront Brett about the sex tape and actually tell him she is married to Gideon? Will Gideon be trailing them himself or will he send Raul or Angus to watch over her...the possibilities are endless. The San Diego trip itself could be a few chapters. Eva has to tell Cary about her marriage and reassure her Dad that things are ok..also she eventually does meet up with Gideon and his "sex god vortex package" so its definitely going to be an eventful weekend for all of them.

Maybe I'm the only one here but being inside Gideon's head makes me kind of dislike Eva a little tiny bit.

If she's so consumed with Gideon and realised that Brett was just a passing thing, no good for her, etc etc then WHY IN THE HECK is she conflicted any at all?

He raised a great question about it too. Gideon asked her if seeing the music video for Golden skewed her memory of what it was really like between them.

I'm not sure why she's making what happened with Brett in the past into great love story in her mind when she's admitted herself that was nothing like she shares now with G.

She mentions finding shattered pieces and trying to get rid of them for good but WHY is it so hard for her to get rid of Brett?

I dunno. Maybe somebody can explain to me. Maybe I'm missing a few pieces or forgetting a few details.

You are correct. Eva has always said she was nothing more than a convenient f$$$ for Brett and they never got to really know each other so I have absolutely no idea why she is doing this either. I would like Sylvia to explain it because Eva says one thing and does another. She says herself she could never be with someone and lead a rock star lifestyle. Gideon is her soul mate and she knows it so I don' t know why she is bothering to be confused and torturing Gideon in the process. I hate to say this but sometime BRUTAL honesty is not the best policy. It just serves to make Gideon even more desperate and controlling. SYLVIA PLEASE EXPLAIN. LOL. :)

I am confused as well about Eva's sudden feelings for Brett. She is married now to the man she claims is her soul mate. Why would you have that kind of conversation with your husband about another man? Especially when she continued to claim that Brett was just a mistake. I dislike Eva a little bit too right now, but I am sure I'll change my mind once I've read the entire book. Or at least I hope so.

georg.. I just re read.. and yes it was a hold down kind of restraint.

Arnaldo also saw first hand that Brett wasn't giving up. that makes it worse..

and I too felt he was talking about Corrine when he said comfortable ornament. 

Its obvious that arnaldo does NOT know he was raped

that is whats meant by that comment (you didn't let your self love them..I couldn't he said ,I was waiting for eva )

ok so.. something deeper.. Gideons dream had to go hand in hand with the comment Ireland said.. ( mom kept it together even after with what today is) dads death? or maybe their wedding anniversary?

I get why Gideon tossed that Corinne comment in with argument with Eva, but it was hurtful none the less, and it is really bothering him she is still angry about it..

Loved the hummer under the desk..

I can understand eva thoughts.. if you wanted someone to love you the way you thought you loved them.and yet felt that all you were was a lay.. years later that good looking person that you didn't hate comes into your life and you find out that they really did love you,your mind is going spin.

I loved it in Gideons POV

georg.. I just re read.. and yes it was a hold down kind of restraint.

Arnaldo also saw first hand that Brett wasn't giving up. that makes it worse..

and I too felt he was talking about Corrine when he said comfortable ornament. 

Its obvious that arnaldo does NOT know he was raped

that is whats meant by that comment (you didn't let your self love them..I couldn't he said ,I was waiting for eva )

ok so.. something deeper.. Gideons dream had to go hand in hand with the comment Ireland said.. ( mom kept it together even after with what today is) dads death? or maybe their wedding anniversary?

I get why Gideon tossed that Corinne comment in with argument with Eva, but it was hurtful none the less, and it is really bothering him she is still angry about it..

Loved the hummer under the desk..

One more thing about the Arnoldo/Gideon talk, too bad Gideon won't be (maybe can't be) completely honest with his friend about the reasons he gave Eva for acting out with Brett. I get it Gideon can't say stuff that goes anywhere near the Nathan murder but why can't he at least tell Arnoldo how crazy Corrine is and has been hurting Eva?!!!! Gideon, Gideon, Gideon. Most of his problems come from him being so closed off. And I felt like slapping him when threw his exe's name in Eva's face. But at least now being inside his POV I can understand just how much the thought of Eva's ex bothers him and he knew right away he ephed up and went too far in that fight and he was really sorry about it.

I don't think Eva's conflicted feelings have anything to do with romantic feelings for Brett. I think she meant to tell Gideon that her friendship with Brett would be harder to cut off then she once thought. Also, she could be thinking "I know I'm gonna flirt with him, better tell Gideon before he jumps to conclusions." Flirting can be done without any motive to go further physically.

On Eva not telling her mother about the engagement, I think she did it on purpose as a way to get back at her for Monica tracking her whereabouts. Eva might be taking having a life separate from her mother to an extreme. And if she knew Gideon was going to confirm speculation that day, she would have told her right away instead of waiting a couple days.

We also have to keep in mind that Eva is only 24 and this relationship is became really intense really fast. Even if someone is more mature in many ways compared to other their age, 24 is still really really young. If she is having conflicting feelings, I don't blame her. She knows she would never leave Gideon and their marriage is a safe place, so her conflicting feelings of flirting with Brett or still staying friends might not seem like a danger to her. Corrine does not just was friendship from Gideon, so there is more of a threat there.

One last thing, we don't know Brett's feelings on the sex tape. He was probably just as clueless as Eva so we can't assume she should be mad at him about it.

Ladies,

I have to disagree with some of your thoughts about Eva. From all we’ve seen on the first 3 books, Eva always says what she’s thinking, even when it’s hard for her. Remember the email she sent Gideon in RIY when she thought he was distancing himself? That was a powerful one. She loves Gideon madly, crazily, and constantly reassures him of that. And she tells him everything that happens to her or she’s thinking, like her feelings, her dreams, the stuff that happened in her job that day, that she was going out with her friends, that she was going to see Brett, that her parents were in love and had hook up, etc.

On the other side, Gideon doesn’t talk to her much. He doesn’t tell her how his day was, he doesn’t talk about his emotions, he doesn’t talk much about this nightmares, he doesn’t talk about his friends, about his mother. Eva has to ask, almost beg, and even so, he doesn’t offer much information. Remember when he saw Magdalene on the street outside a restaurant, in BTY, and Eva had to find out through gossip sites? When Gideon went to Corrine’s home and Eva had to find out through Christopher? (Imagine if this had been the other way around?)When Gideon talked to Deanna then embarked on a plane to San Diego to solve the sex tape problem and Eva only found out much later? He may think these things don’t matter, and he’s trying to protect her, but the truth is it could’ve all been solved with a single text message. Before she learns the truth, she suffers a lot, and we, reading from her POV (previous books) feel that. We know how he’s crazy about her, but he also closes her off, and she reacts badly to that.

I do believe this is going to be one of the crucial points of CBY: Gideon learning to tell Eva stuff, to lean on her, from the big to the small things. They can’t only talk about the deep stuff, they have to share the superficial too.

That being said, as I mentioned yesterday, from the previous books, I hadn’t thought that Eva’s feelings for Brett were anything more than simple l*u*s*t, and, therefore, easy to be ignored when he wasn’t in front of her. I didn’t think – and still don’t think – there are any real feelings there. But, apparently, she needs closure. And Gideon also needs to close Corrine, because that woman is not going to stop. Both of them (Eva and Brett, Gideon and Corrine) should have serious conversations about how those relationships hurt their main relationship (Eva and Gideon), so they can’t even be friends.

I feel like many times we, readers, mostly women, tend to like the male character, even with his flaws (maybe because of their flaws?), and to disregard the females characters. We want her to be perfect, but in the best books, she has flaws, because that’s how people are. I believe Eva is a bright light in the world of female characters in books (and in media, broadly speaking) because she is positive, focused, but she also has learnt how to deal with her problems, isn’t afraid to talk about them, and to look for a solution. 

Edit: Wow. Reading that now, it's a big text.

I don't think Eva's conflicted feelings have anything to do with romantic feelings for Brett. I think she meant to tell Gideon that her friendship with Brett would be harder to cut off then she once thought. Also, she could be thinking "I know I'm gonna flirt with him, better tell Gideon before he jumps to conclusions." Flirting can be done without any motive to go further physically.

On Eva not telling her mother about the engagement, I think she did it on purpose as a way to get back at her for Monica tracking her whereabouts. Eva might be taking having a life separate from her mother to an extreme. And if she knew Gideon was going to confirm speculation that day, she would have told her right away instead of waiting a couple days.

We also have to keep in mind that Eva is only 24 and this relationship is became really intense really fast. Even if someone is more mature in many ways compared to other their age, 24 is still really really young. If she is having conflicting feelings, I don't blame her. She knows she would never leave Gideon and their marriage is a safe place, so her conflicting feelings of flirting with Brett or still staying friends might not seem like a danger to her. Corrine does not just was friendship from Gideon, so there is more of a threat there.

One last thing, we don't know Brett's feelings on the sex tape. He was probably just as clueless as Eva so we can't assume she should be mad at him about it.

I agree with all of this.