* * CAPTIVATED BY YOU ++ SPOILER ++ CHAT * *

Kirsten

I keep wondering where things will go with Corrine. Like what if she writes a tell-all book about Gideon to get his attention? Like from when they dated, stories about sexcapades in the hotel room. Including his "dark side".

And with Megumi, her absence most likely has to do with the guy she was seeing who was so sketch. Sounded a little foreboding to me.

Judging by how little a time period each book covers, unless Corrine had already done the writing I don't think that could happen within the next two books. But she could go to Deanna - although we don't know if his situation with Deanna is now calmed down with her being offered the wedding exclusive.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ring is a puzzle - if Gideon dislikes his mother so much, why did he want to give what was HER ring to his own wife? I know it is the ring his father gave her so it may well be a Cross family heirloom, and we know Eva loves the ring, but it was his mother's for a while.

I want a better Gideon timeline too.  He had to be twenty-one to win a lot alf money in Vegas.  They would have checked before they paid.

Elizabeth does not like Eva because: she knows about Eva's past and recent relationship with Brett Kline: she fears Eva will use Gideon's abuse to hurt him; and because Eva was "vicious" to her at the charity dinner, she feels Eva has an "ugly side" that Gideon does not know about.

Elizabeth does not like Eva because: she knows about Eva's past and recent relationship with Brett Kline: she fears Eva will use Gideon's abuse to hurt him; and because Eva was "vicious" to her at the charity dinner, she feels Eva has an "ugly side" that Gideon does not know about.

Betty Y37. I think Elizabeth doesn't like Eva because she first found out about her through the press. Then she invited her to the Garden Party...Gideon made it clear that Eva (and Cary) are in his camp and not Elizabeth's. So, Elizabeth wanted to see a relationship develop that would bring Gideon back to fold. Instead she has a feisty daughter-in-law who blames Elizabeth for Gideon's tortured soul at every opportunity.

The ring is a puzzle - if Gideon dislikes his mother so much, why did he want to give what was HER ring to his own wife? I know it is the ring his father gave her so it may well be a Cross family heirloom, and we know Eva loves the ring, but it was his mother's for a while.

AHA The Ring ..........

When Mommy said 'her' ring G came back with no 'HIS" ring !  I'm thinking way back certain items were given to G and when he gave it to E she saw it as a 'remembrance of happy times' when he had a happy family life.  

I think E was prepared to be friends with Mommy until the walk on the beach and G told E that Mom didn't believe him.  Then it was 'war' between them !  

And I don't think Mom knows about E abuse, that's the bond between G & E - not Gold-digging- LOL 

BUT we will see tomorrow, won't we :) 

I think E was prepared to be friends with Mommy until the walk on the beach and G told E that Mom didn't believe him.  Then it was 'war' between them !  

Exactly! Soon as she realized his mother failed him she had a whole different attitude. Though it took losing Gideon (so she thought) for Eva to go to war. Once she concluded (wrongly) Gideon had been left so damaged he couldn't handle love and couldn't look at her anymore because of the Nathan pictures. It was when Eva picked her shattered heart off the floor and showed signs of life as New Eva, then came the hit list: Mommy, Terry Lucas, Corrine, Christopher Jr. She went after the first three but let Christopher off easy because she felt bad for him. Was that a mistake? Does Gideon's brother have a lot to do with that sex tape? If so I hope Eva and Gideon both go after him. The teasers have hinted about some sort of brotherly showdown. 

Posted Yesterday, 05:13 PM

per Kirsten posted above yesterday

I have to do a little bit of research, but I think the gambling age in Vegas wasn't 21 until  2003. Considering 'Bared to You' was first released in 2012 I think it's possible Gideon could have won that money when he was only 18ish.

My reply

I have lived in Las Vegas since 1997 and I do not remember the legal minimum age to gamble ever being less than 21 since I have lived here.  However, I confess it was not an issue for me.

Regarding an implied timeline for Gideon, he was attending Columbia University where he met Corinne during his first year.   "I said yes (to her proposal) for the wrong reason.  After two years of hanging out...." per Gideon in Bared to You.   Magdalene told Eva Corinne and Gideon had been engaged for over a year in Bared to You but it is not clear whether that year was part of the "two" Gideon referred to or it came after dating for two years.  If it was after "hanging out" that would support coming to Las Vegas at twenty-one or so.

PS

http://gamblelegal.com/Minimum_gambling_age.htm

Exactly! Soon as she realized his mother failed him she had a whole different attitude. Though it took losing Gideon (so she thought) for Eva to go to war. Once she concluded (wrongly) Gideon had been left so damaged he couldn't handle love and couldn't look at her anymore because of the Nathan pictures. It was when Eva picked her shattered heart off the floor and showed signs of life as New Eva, then came the hit list: Mommy, Terry Lucas, Corrine, Christopher Jr. She went after the first three but let Christopher off easy because she felt bad for him. Was that a mistake? Does Gideon's brother have a lot to do with that sex tape? If so I hope Eva and Gideon both go after him. The teasers have hinted about some sort of brotherly showdown. 

I agree  ... totally   

Thanks to a person on Facebook I now know the title of the 5th book (post has been removed by Sylvia) - I was going to wait till I reached the last page to find out the title. It's not the end of the world but amazing how someone does not realise that kind of info is a spoiler. (It's a good title though!)

Do we know G did his gambling in Vegas? I don't remember the exact wording of that conversation. He could have gotten into private games with some high rollers and won big. And he just played to get the seed money to get his company started. He might've won all he needed in a very short time.

Speaking of ages and timelines, I think Christopher is just a kid. Gideon was about 5 when Geoffrey died. Presumably Lizzie waited a little while after Geoffrey ' s funeral to remarry and get pregnant with Christopher. Christopher couldn't possibly be much over 22. I don't like the character be he's got a good excuse for his lack of maturity.

Do we know G did his gambling in Vegas? I don't remember the exact wording of that conversation. He could have gotten into private games with some high rollers and won big. And he just played to get the seed money to get his company started. He might've won all he needed in a very short time.

Speaking of ages and timelines, I think Christopher is just a kid. Gideon was about 5 when Geoffrey died. Presumably Lizzie waited a little while after Geoffrey ' s funeral to remarry and get pregnant with Christopher. Christopher couldn't possibly be much over 22. I don't like the character be he's got a good excuse for his lack of maturity.

Yes I would put Christopher at age 22 or 23 ; closer in age to Eva rather than Gideon!! LOL

Kristen, thanks again (so much) for posting all the Teaser Tuesday goodies during our long wait!

Btw Kristen , I love how fancy and exciting you make the spoiler thread :) it's going to be busy on here tomorrow !!!

You're welcome. I feel like I'm counting the minutes! Lol.

Wow!! Just finished it!!! 

Elizabeth Vidal is something else. I don't understand how Chris Snr did not know about Gideon's childhood,  Surely something would have been said by either Elizabeth or Christopher over the years about what Gideon was claiming. It definitely made me feel better with Chris Snr's reaction to hearing about it. 

I'm re-reading to ensure I've taken in the full storyline and won't put any real spoilers on here yet.

Love Angus. Dislike Brett and Corinne and definitely Anne Lucas, odd that Chris Vidal knew nothing about the abuse, particularly as Gideon thought he did (and then seemingly has a hard time taking in that Chris knew nothing - I'm assuming that from his reaction to Chris). At times during the read I was so happy for them, then sad, then completely down but raised back up slightly towards the end.

On Goodreads Sylvia reckoned a gap of six months between books, hope we don't really have to wait that long.