* * CAPTIVATED BY YOU ++ SPOILER ++ CHAT * *

Kirsten

Hi Sharonm745

I was probably Brett's biggest defender until last night... He disappointed me greatly and Im a little bit gutted!!

I finished the book around 6am this morning & I'm still not sure how I feel about it overall. Emotionally it blew me away. I laughed and cried harder than in some of the previous books but it was truly a roller coaster & I think I need to re-read to process my emotions better - if that makes sense!!

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG me too.  I'm still sitting here trying to figure out how I feel about everything that happened.  The only thing I can say positively is that Sylvia is a great writer.

Agree with you 100% about Sylvia and I also know for a fact that I absolutely despise Corinne Giroux...

Hi Sharonm745
I was probably Brett's biggest defender until last night... He disappointed me greatly and Im a little bit gutted!!

I finished the book around 6am this morning & I'm still not sure how I feel about it overall. Emotionally it blew me away. I laughed and cried harder than in some of the previous books but it was truly a roller coaster & I think I need to re-read to process my emotions better - if that makes sense!!

I knew Brett had to know about the tape.  There was no way he was in the dark after he released "Golden".  I didn't like him from the get and I'm cheering that Gideon gave him a smack down in Reflections.

sscrph

I never liked Corinne so I expected her to cause trouble.  I'm still a little disappointed with Arnoldo because I really liked him.  Liz is a loon.  I'm a little disappointed that Chris left her though.  It will just give Gideon one more guilt trip and he doesn't need it.

Barb,

I'm not too upset with the ending.  I felt that Gideon and Eva were going to have a showdown but I didn't want it to be so late in the book.  The other books ended with GidEva solid; this one not so much and I wanted them further along.  That's what I didn't like about it.

Done, well at least my first tear-through-OMG-rush read, devouring the story. I'm about to go back and start savoring each chapter as well as start listening to the audiobook.

I liked the ending. They don't even know it, but Gideon and Eva are working through the current crisis by doing exactly what Dr. Peterson advised a couple of months ago when they first started couples' counseling. Spending some needed time apart, pulling back on the sex, dating one another. That's what the final scene was. The two of them out on a date.

Hi Everyone,

I have been not been around for a while, patiently waiting for the release of Captivated By You. Like many of you I am not sure how I feel. I have to say that usually I put the book down with a strong sense of the charAchters and where they are in the story.

I feel there was enormous growth in Gideon but there just seemed to be more added to the story, we don't really have any closure with any of the villains as of yet. Book five seems like it is going to have a massive climax with many differnt people and while Gedeon and Eva are only building their relationship again it is a bit scary.

Done, well at least my first tear-through-OMG-rush read, devouring the story. I'm about to go back and start savoring each chapter as well as start listening to the audiobook.

I liked the ending. They don't even know it, but Gideon and Eva are working through the current crisis by doing exactly what Dr. Peterson advised a couple of months ago when they first started couples' counseling. Spending some needed time apart, pulling back on the sex, dating one another. That's what the final scene was. The two of them out on a date.

That's exactly what i thought. The ending just fit so well with everything that was going. They needed to pull back from each other and take it slow. Personally, I think that was the biggest issue with GidEva. How fast everything went for them... There was so much love from both of them that i think they both kind of struggled to keep up with their own relationship as well all the problems being thrown at them.  

I felt like this book was more about the development of GidEva's relationship than anything else. How they dealt with problems together instead against each other... in some parts that is. (Mostly Gideon's problems- even if he was stubborn) The other three books to me were more about GidEva dealing with Eva's issues, as well as dealing with all the crap threatening their relationship. In CBY i loved how Sylvia showed Gideon and Eva's relationship, how they worked as a couple, like them both having a good time together with both their friends, and spending quality time together etc. -  and their biggest flaws when they're together. I mean, they still have issues they need to sort through. And I understand Gideon a lot more now because of his POV. Although it hurt so badly seeing Gideon weak, hurting and even lost at some points, i was glad to see that side to him. He's finally cracking after all those years of bottling everything up.

My heart was in my stomach when I realized I was almost done with the book and they still haven't spoken. The book was great. I attempted not to read it in one sitting so I could fully digest but I couldn't put it down. This book has been emotional and i'm ready to see what happens next already. 

There was a lot of baby talk in the book. From Tat's pregnancy, "First comes love, then comes marriage,.." comment by Ireland, Carey saying the room could be a nursery, and Trey asking Eva if she could be with Gideon if he was in Careys situation and she said if it happened before her, and Eva saying at the end that she wanted a son on the beach when Gideon was talking about the nightmare. Just something I kept noticing.  

Brett & Corrine need to go. And Anne, and Deanna, and the list goes on. 

I need my HEA now more than ever.  

Hi Everyone,

I have been not been around for a while, patiently waiting for the release of Captivated By You. Like many of you I am not sure how I feel. I have to say that usually I put the book down with a strong sense of the charAchters and where they are in the story.

I feel there was enormous growth in Gideon but there just seemed to be more added to the story, we don't really have any closure with any of the villains as of yet. Book five seems like it is going to have a massive climax with many differnt people and while Gedeon and Eva are only building their relationship again it is a bit scary.

I agree!!  A lot happens but there is no closure.

I do love that Gideon and Eva agree to let Victor pay for their wedding.  That was very touching.

Just finished reading CBY and I really loved it!!! My eyes are really tired though.

Who knew that Gideon could sing?!

Glad to see that most of our theories were right. We were right about Brett knowing about the sex tape, That Clancy and his brother were behind the murder cover up. Buying the house in NC and many others.

Can't believe that Corrine want to write a tell all. Hopefully she will get what she deserves in the end; along with Deanna and Anne.

Eva had a right to be furious with Gideon for offering a job to Mark, but he was correct with Lancorp trying to get to him through Eva. If something goes wrong with the promotion with the product, Lancorp could always say that Gideon was behind it and that Eva was the one that leaked any info.

Sylvia as always you never dissapoint. Can't wait for OWY, hopefully within 6 months!! But I will be sad to say goodbye to Eva and Gideon.

In 5 questions for Sylvia, she said that Gideon was a Virgo (8/23 - 9/23) he had his birthday during this book, and Eva was an Aquarius (1/20 - 02/18)

Loved, loved this book, can't wait to hear what everyone else thinks.

Carey may be thinking nursery, but, as I recall, Gideon was thinking the room would be a great place for some "playground" equipment".

quote name="xoxolaurenashley" post="31963" timestamp="1416358817"]My heart was in my stomach when I realized I was almost done with the book and they still haven't spoken. The book was great. I attempted not to read it in one sitting so I could fully digest but I couldn't put it down. This book has been emotional and i'm ready to see what happens next already. 

There was a lot of baby talk in the book. From Tat's pregnancy, "First comes love, then comes marriage,.." comment by Ireland, Carey saying the room could be a nursery, and Trey asking Eva if she could be with Gideon if he was in Careys situation and she said if it happened before her, and Eva saying at the end that she wanted a son on the beach when Gideon was talking about the nightmare. Just something I kept noticing.  

Just finished reading CBY and I really loved it!!! My eyes are really tired though.Who knew that Gideon could sing?!Glad to see that most of our theories were right. We were right about Brett knowing about the sex tape, That Clancy and his brother were behind the murder cover up. Buying the house in NC and many others.Can't believe that Corrine want to write a tell all. Hopefully she will get what she deserves in the end; along with Deanna and Anne.Eva had a right to be furious with Gideon for offering a job to Mark, but he was correct with Lancorp trying to get to him through Eva. If something goes wrong with the promotion with the product, Lancorp could always say that Gideon was behind it and that Eva was the one that leaked any info.Sylvia as always you never dissapoint. Can't wait for OWY, hopefully within 6 months!! But I will be sad to say goodbye to Eva and Gideon.In 5 questions for Sylvia, she said that Gideon was a Virgo (8/23 - 9/23) he had his birthday during this book, and Eva was an Aquarius (1/20 - 02/18)Loved, loved this book, can't wait to hear what everyone else thinks.

Hi jm hope do you think it could have been Gideon's birthday when he argued with his mother in his office; remember Ireland said later that she she was surprised her mother could'nt hold it togerther today of all days...just throwing that out there...

It's not so much that I was Team Brett, as that I kind of felt bad for him and felt that he was jerked around by Eva. After all, he realized he had cared for Eva, before he knew anything about where she was now or who she was with. Golden was certainly a sign of his feelings. And when he ran into her again he got mixed messages to say the least. And being somewhat of an alpha type, I'm sure getting pushed around by Gideon only made him more set on getting her back. After all, practically everyone around Brett and Eva was aware of some kind of chemistry and unresolved feeling between them.

Unfortunately, he was not able to take no for an answer and his persona in the story goes downhill fast - fooling around with the Eva wannabe, getting involved with exploitation of that tape, and then accepting money for it from Gideon. Too bad, though. He was a sympathetically drawn character who morphed into a real pri*k in this volume.

I need to know what all the Team Brett people think now?

Carey may be thinking nursery, but, as I recall, Gideon was thinking the room would be a great place for some "playground" equipment".

quote name="xoxolaurenashley" post="31963" timestamp="1416358817"]My heart was in my stomach when I realized I was almost done with the book and they still haven't spoken. The book was great. I attempted not to read it in one sitting so I could fully digest but I couldn't put it down. This book has been emotional and i'm ready to see what happens next already. 

Hi jm hope do you think it could have been Gideon's birthday when he argued with his mother in his office; remember Ireland said later that she she was surprised her mother could'nt hold it togerther today of all days...just throwing that out there...

I think what Ireland meant was that it was a day they all found out about Gideon and Eva being engaged.