* * CAPTIVATED BY YOU ++ SPOILER ++ CHAT * *

Kirsten

Chris Vidal Sr. & Elizabeth

I have a new found respect for him. I've liked him since his introduction because:

1. It showed the type of man he was by not being too proud to ask Gideon for a bailout when Vidal Records was not doing so well
  2. It also showed the type of man he was by how he handled his relationship (what little there was) with Gideon after. (there was no indication of shame [for the bailout] on his part, he didn't seem awkward because of the bailout [no more so than the usual step-parent/step-child relationship] in his interactions with Gideon)

Granted we didn't know much about him until this book but Gideon never really spat and cursed his name like he did his mother's, he never really despised that a step dad was around to "replace" the dad he lost or ignored him in favour of his own biological kids. There was just indifference and I've always chalked that up to him being STEP dad and not Dad.

I must say that I am not the least bit surprised that he didn't know about Gideon's abuse. I think if CV Jr had made the claim to Elizabeth he would have been included since he is his dad but I'm not the least bit surprised that Elizabeth didn't tell  him for two reasons:

1. She was probably embarrassed that she was unaware of the abuse (when she was initially told).
  2. CV Sr was not Gideon's real dad so she probably did not want to include his claims and ruin the fresh start that she wanted so badly. (before and after she had Gideon's story checked out). I think if she had believed Gideon, then CV Sr would have been included.

They did mention that she didn't just pick up and move on with her life after Gideon's dad's suicide but did a complete REFRESH instead so her excluding CV Sr when it came to Gideon's claims was not surprising to me.

I absolutely loved how he believed Eva with no proof necessary about Gideon's abuse and I absolutely LOVED his reaction and genuine devastation at finding out about it.

I'm torn about how I feel about him leaving Elizabeth. On one hand, they do have a lot of years together and based on Ireland's account, they seemed relatively happy. They probably could have worked through it.

On the other hand, that really was a big secret to keep. Especially considering that CV Sr admitted to loving Gideon as if he were his own. I believe him. I think he took it the same way he would if Elizabeth not telling him about Ireland or CV Jr being abused. I also think it was a huge upset to him that she didn't believe him.

I may be in the minority here, but Elizabeth was also placed in an impossible situation regarding the abuse allegations. I kind of feel for her when she says she had him checked out and nothing turned up. I mean I would believe my child no matter what but I think she was at a disadvantage of not understanding Gideon, being distracted with CV Jr and Ireland and also not understanding first hand abuse like Eva does. It was probably a hard and confusing time for her as well.

What upset me NOW is her reaction to his abuse in the present. I still see no attempt at her to understand what he went through. All I see is her brushing it off as his "imagination". That's what upset me the most about her. She doesn't seem to grasp that Gideon is genuinely scarred by what happened (or in her case, allegedly happened) to him. She doesn't have to witness his nightmares to see that Gideon is still uncomfortable in the place where he told her his abuse took place. All she has to do is open her eyes and stop thinking of herself.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be in the minority here, but Elizabeth was also placed in an impossible situation regarding the abuse allegations. I kind of feel for her when she says she had him checked out and nothing turned up. I mean I would believe my child no matter what but I think she was at a disadvantage of not understanding Gideon, being distracted with CV Jr and Ireland and also not understanding first hand abuse like Eva does. It was probably a hard and confusing time for her as well.

What upset me NOW is her reaction to his abuse in the present. I still see no attempt at her to understand what he went through. All I see is her brushing it off as his "imagination". That's what upset me the most about her. She doesn't seem to grasp that Gideon is genuinely scarred by what happened (or in her case, allegedly happened) to him. She doesn't have to witness his nightmares to see that Gideon is still uncomfortable in the place where he told her his abuse took place. All she has to do is open her eyes and stop thinking of herself.

I agree with you about Elizabeth.  I think she was going through a lot of personal issues and initally took Gideon to a doctor who lied.  She needed to find someone else to get to the bottom of his claims but she didn't.

I don't get that she still denies the events when an adult is telling her what happened. 

I believe Eva will be the catalyst that brings Elizabeth and Chris back together.  I don't know how but I see them all having a discussion, Gideon, Eva, Liz & Chris and they begin the process of moving forward.

Another scene I really like is when Gideon goes to confront Brett and he thinks Eva is the girl with him.  Gideon goes through a number of emotions (rage, grief, pain, sickness) and then realizes the laugh isn't Eva.  His relief and "what the f**k" made me laugh.

Right after he has Raul manuever Eva in so she catches Brett with the other blonde.

Don't think Brett took any money from Gideon. I remember reading that he tore up the contract, so that should have negated the taking of any money.

speaking of money....don't think Corrine has actually written the book yet, but got an advance to write one. Gideon tried to buy out the advance so that she wouldn't write it, but she said she had to do it....?? what a loser, she should go back to France to work things out with her husband!

You are correct Brett did not take the money.  Gideon, however, is very concerned because he is forcing Christopher and Vidal Records to reshot the "Golden" video.  To Gideon that implies Brett still has deep feelings for Eva and has not completely given up on her.

I am not Giroux is still an option for Corinne.  The divorce may have been his idea after she ran away to be with Gideon, the way her family treated him at the hospital and the loss of his child.  I think Eva's comment to Trey about relationships that don't work out, "I'd want to know he was as miserable as I was." explains Corinne's behavior and says Eva is just as capable.

I have a new found respect for him. I've liked him since his introduction because:

1. It showed the type of man he was by not being too proud to ask Gideon for a bailout when Vidal Records was not doing so well
  2. It also showed the type of man he was by how he handled his relationship (what little there was) with Gideon after. (there was no indication of shame [for the bailout] on his part, he didn't seem awkward because of the bailout [no more so than the usual step-parent/step-child relationship] in his interactions with Gideon)

Granted we didn't know much about him until this book but Gideon never really spat and cursed his name like he did his mother's, he never really despised that a step dad was around to "replace" the dad he lost or ignored him in favour of his own biological kids. There was just indifference and I've always chalked that up to him being STEP dad and not Dad.

I must say that I am not the least bit surprised that he didn't know about Gideon's abuse. I think if CV Jr had made the claim to Elizabeth he would have been included since he is his dad but I'm not the least bit surprised that Elizabeth didn't tell  him for two reasons:

1. She was probably embarrassed that she was unaware of the abuse (when she was initially told).
  2. CV Sr was not Gideon's real dad so she probably did not want to include his claims and ruin the fresh start that she wanted so badly. (before and after she had Gideon's story checked out). I think if she had believed Gideon, then CV Sr would have been included.

They did mention that she didn't just pick up and move on with her life after Gideon's dad's suicide but did a complete REFRESH instead so her excluding CV Sr when it came to Gideon's claims was not surprising to me.

On the other hand, that really was a big secret to keep. Especially considering that CV Sr admitted to loving Gideon as if he were his own. I believe him. I think he took it the same way he would if Elizabeth not telling him about Ireland or CV Jr being abused. I also think it was a huge upset to him that she didn't believe him.

You have got to LOVE Chris Senior when it comes to his reaction to Gideon's abuse.  He not only did not believe Dr. Terry, he knocked him out cold!!!

Regarding Elizabeth, stress or no stress, why ask the brother-in-law of Gideon's abuser to check out anything.  Her picking him to exam Gideon never made sense.  I guess when Terry has time to prepare his story he is more convincing because he did not fool Chris Senior.

You have got to LOVE Chris Senior when it comes to his reaction to Gideon's abuse.  He not only did not believe Dr. Terry, he knocked him out cold!!!

Regarding Elizabeth, stress or no stress, why ask the brother-in-law of Gideon's abuser to check out anything.  Her picking him to exam Gideon never made sense.  I guess when Terry has time to prepare his story he is more convincing because he did not fool Chris Senior.

YES!

Ugh I never got that! That's just stupid and irresponsible!

hi!!!!

new member here.... i am soo happy to have found this site - i dont know many people who are totally obessed with Gideon and Eva... wish i found you all earlier :)

like many - i had read this in 4 hours - so a re-read is a must...

i am apprehensive about one with you... while i totally cant wait for it to come out (tomorrow isnt soon enough) i feel like there is sooooo much to cover that having to be completed in 1 book is asking for too much... i wouldnt mind this series going 5 more books (only if we didnt have to wait like we did with this one)...

i will say that the best part of this book was getting inside that sexy man's head... i loved gideon's point of view...  that man is just one giant turn on.. lol

I need to say again that I really HATE Corinne.  I'm thinking about her first trip to Gideon's office.  She actually used another suicide attempt to get Gideon to dump Eva.  That really made my blood boil.  Also she hints that she's had conversations with Elizabeth.  Liz is doing everything to interfer with Gideon and Eva.

I do like that Gideon stood up to her and told her the truth that she doesn't have a chance to get back with him. 

hi!!!!

new member here.... i am soo happy to have found this site - i dont know many people who are totally obessed with Gideon and Eva... wish i found you all earlier :)

like many - i had read this in 4 hours - so a re-read is a must...

i am apprehensive about one with you... while i totally cant wait for it to come out (tomorrow isnt soon enough) i feel like there is sooooo much to cover that having to be completed in 1 book is asking for too much... i wouldnt mind this series going 5 more books (only if we didnt have to wait like we did with this one)...

i will say that the best part of this book was getting inside that sexy man's head... i loved gideon's point of view...  that man is just one giant turn on.. lol

Welcome.  glitter-hello-text-smiley-emoticon.gif

Men you have to LOVE in Captivated By You.....besides Gideon

Chris Senior with his it is never too late to stand up for you step-son attitude

Knocking out Dr Terry

Standing up to Christopher Junior regarding a new "Golden" video

Challenging Monica for not telling him what happened to Gideon

Benjamin Clancy for helping out behind the scenes

Trey for working so hard to stand by his man

Raul Huerta for quietly taking care of Gideon and his lady

Angus McLeod the observant father figure

Victor for being a dad in any and every way he can 

for his instincts (knowing Eva was struggling)

support (not sure about Gideon but if he is what Eva wants)

and paying for the wedding!

Dr. Travis and Dr. Petersen

and the friends for being great friends

Arnoldo, Manuel, Arash, Mark and Steven

Hi ladies---

I'M BACK.  I actually made it without reading any spoilers or anything.  Finished the book a little while ago.  Have not had to to reread all of the comments so forgive me if I missed something.

I loved this book.  I liked it more than EWY.  I think so many things were answered.  I did not expect everything to be because we have another book.  Some things that I loved--

1.  Everything Gideon.  I think he is growing so much and I loved that so much of the book was in his voice.  I really loved that.

2.  I so knew Brett was in it for himself.  I felt it from the get go.  I feel like Chris Jr. was somehow behind Brett trying to get back with Eva for sales.  I hate Chris Jr.

3.  Loved Chris Sr.  A lot.  What a fine man.  He did not deserve to be married to Lizzie.  She is an Arse.  Thought so before and am sure of it now.

4.  Never ever thought of the Megumi mess.  Wow.

5.  I am not sure why Gideon didn't discuss Mark's job offer with Eva.  It seems kind of weird considering how open he had become with Eva.  I guess Sylvia needed a reason for Eva to walk out.  Personally, I felt that what Gideon did was necessary.  I also feel that once Eva found out that the game or whatever it is is in direct competition with Gideon's, she should have told him.  So, I feel that both of them were at fault.

6.  One of the most amazing parts of the book was when Gideon finally opened up to Dr. P about his past.  OMG, that was incredible.

7.  Anne is nuts.  Plain and simple.  Imagine the clients she has messed up over the years.  Vengeance is ridiculous.  I don't get her or Deanna being so ###### ###### over an affair.  With Deanna it was one night.   Anne seems to have been some kind of submissive to Gideon.  Maybe she needed that stuff and couldn't tell her husband?  She fell for Gideon who I am quite sure made it clear it was just sex.  He sure never tried to lie about that.

8. Corrine and a tell all book?  Seriously?.  Another woman scorned.  Geez.  When you put together all the crap she has done, she is really pretty awful.  She is a major threat to Eva and Gideon.  She wants what she wants and doesn't care if she hurts anyone.  B I T C H

9.  I liked the ending.  It showed how much both of them have grown together.  How Gideon finally gets it that he has to share and stop hiding.  I imagine it is something most powerful men are not used to doing.  And i think many powerful men choose women who don't want what Eva does.  Trophy wives.  Gideon is just madly in love with a woman who won't take his crap.

10.  I read somewhere that people were not thrilled with the explicit sex.  HELLO!!!!!!  Did they read the first 3 books?  Geez, that scene after the fight with Brett on the way to the beach is as explicit as you can get.  G and E are highly sexual.  It fits.

11.  NOt thrilled with Cary cutting and nothing solved for him.  Tat is holding him by a thread.  I don't think the baby is his---if she is even pregnant.  I think she will abort it and that will set Cary crazy.

12.  Loved that they bought the house at the beach.  Loved that Eva is letting her dad pay for the wedding.  Monica has to learn to deal.  It ain't her wedding.  My daughter wore a red wedding gown.  I wan't thrilled even though it was gorgeous and she looked great.  It was her wedding.

13.  Still not sure about Graves.  Anyone else still on the fence?

I could go on and on.  I need to reread.  I forget a lot already.  

Hy!

I'm back as well :) (although I haven't been as active as other members here :)

After the first read-through:

Wow.

Different.

Have now a complete different picture of Gideon...he is far more vulnerable than I thought when I read the first

3 books...first thought: not sure if I like it...second thought: Eva always said how vulnerable he is(in her own words)-->

maybe I just didn't get it there, and that's why he needed his own Voice in this book. Still Not sure what I should think of it...need time ;)

Regarding corrine: I think the reason for the book is the same as for the suizid-attempt: her therapist...who might be Anne...just she doesn't know about the connecting between Gideon and her, bc he never told her...

I wasn't sure where to put this. I thought Magdalene was a "friend" of GidEva now but this has me thinking she could be a threat in OWY

Sylvia posted this: 

Magdalene vs. Corrine: who’s the bigger threat? #HumpDayHottie

B21TebMIMAAiHs1.jpg

I am so thankful to have found this site. I love reading what everyone thinks. CBY definitely has me reeling. 

CBY gave me so many emotions.

I already mentioned that I kept noticing talk about a baby in the book. Could be nothing. Could be everything. Who knows.

CORR-FREAKING-IN, the poor girl cannot leave well enough alone. I'm tired of her. And if she releases the tell-all, Eva will read it and it is only going to strain her relationship with Gideon. I personally think it's worse than the sex tape. It's one thing to sleep with someone and have a little fling. It's another to be "in love" and engaged with them for years and then have to hear about how the man you love once thought he may have loved someone else. And the she talked about the suicide attempt and her miscarriage. There are no words for what I feel about her. 

I expected that out of Brett. I'm over that too. 

We didn't even see Tat but got a lot of Trey which I liked. I want him & Carey too work. 

I loved, loved, loved Gideons POV. I'm seeing him in a different light. Eva at sometimes killed me at points though which I didn't like.

I also loved him saying I love you and talking about his nightmares and abuse. He has come such a long way since EWY.

Hi,

I wanted to come in here really quickly and saw "Thank you" to those of you that have posted in HERE.  I am about half way through CBY (chapterwise) and logged onto this page yesterday.  I was frustrated, hurt and angry to see that some people have made posts and threads, regarding things in CBY outside of the spoiler thread.  I am a very slow reader because I like to enjoy what I am reading and absorb the material.  Just like everyone else, I am a huge fan of both Sylvia Day and this series and have waiting a long time (with all of you) to read this book.  I haven't looked in this specific thread since Monday night, knowing that many of Sylvia's fellow fans live outside of the states or on the eastcoast and were able to get this book before me.  I want to be able to enjoy this book and have everything be new to me as I read it, just as I am assuming you all wanted the same thing.

I cannot wait to finish the book and join in on your conversation and add my thoughts, but in the meantime, I am enjoying the book.  Since there are some people that cannot follow the "rules" and keep their posts and threads spoiler free, I will not be returning to this site for fear that more of this book will be spoiled for me.  Again thank you so much to those of you that are true fans and have kept your word to not ruin it for the rest of us.  

One thing that I can add to this thread, In chapter 1 when Gideon was talking about his Dad.  He said "My Father was a criminal who'd destroyed countless lives.  He was also the man that taught me to ride a bike and to sign my name with pride."  We all knew that Gideon loved his Dad, but this hit me hard, it shows the mature side of a little boy who loved, respected and misses his Dad.

If you would like to, please feel free to send me a private message, I would love to hear from you.

Oh! I was hoping to see Jax and Gia ....maybe Jax as one of Gideon's friends lol. Maybe w Gia doing something with Food Network and Arnoldo :) Hopefully in OWY.

I was also hoping to hear more about Victor and Gideon's past/present conversations .

Haven't started my second read... So, I'm going to take some notes lol.

I wasn't sure where to put this. I thought Magdalene was a "friend" of GidEva now but this has me thinking she could be a threat in OWY

Sylvia posted this: 

Magdalene vs. Corrine: who’s the bigger threat? #HumpDayHottie

B21TebMIMAAiHs1.jpg

I am so thankful to have found this site. I love reading what everyone thinks. CBY definitely has me reeling. 

Magdalena is the friend.  I think this picture is directed to people who haven't read the book yet.  Gideon was happy to see her join them at the club.  Corinne is a major B evil-witch.gif and pot stirer.    I know the deal to write the tell all stinks but I think her worst move what threatening Gideon that she was going to attempt another suicide.  I happy that he told her you can't put that on me. 

I have another crush and it's on Arash. He's killing me!

Me too!  Arash is great. 

I'm a little disappointed with Arnoldo.  I loved him in the previous books but he just won't be happy for Eva.  It irritated me that he ignored her and focused on Magdalena at The Starlight.  I thought he would at least be cordial.