* * CAPTIVATED BY YOU ++ SPOILER ++ CHAT * *

Kirsten

Me too!  Arash is great. 

I'm a little disappointed with Arnoldo.  I loved him in the previous books but he just won't be happy for Eva.  It irritated me that he ignored her and focused on Magdalena at The Starlight.  I thought he would at least be cordial. 

I actually understood why. I'm actually glad he's upfront about his feelings.

I love Arash and like I said, I'm shipping him and Megumi.

Hear that Syl! Megumi deserves him! I'd definitely buy a spin off

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lifehouae song. That's all I'm saying. I just died.

Hi Michele,

Is Lifehouse the group or the song?  If so, who wrote the song (the group).  I am sorry I have never heard the song and you ladies make it sound so wonderful.  Any information you or any of the other ladies could provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  :)

Hi Michele,

Is Lifehouse the group or the song?  If so, who wrote the song (the group).  I am sorry I have never heard the song and you ladies make it sound so wonderful.  Any information you or any of the other ladies could provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  :)

Gigi, Lifehouse is the band, and the song is called "Hanging by a Moment". The music video is posted on page 13 of this thread.

Gigi, Lifehouse is the band, and the song is called "Hanging by a Moment". The music video is posted on page 13 of this thread.

Hi Biarpcalb,

I saw that there was a video posted.  Unfortunately, my internet connection does not allow me to download and view high-speed videos or chats.  Thank you for the informaiton.  I can now look up the lyrics. It is appreciated.  :)

After reading it a thousand times, I have one imediate question: How will all those issues be solved in only one book???

- Anne Lucas: In CBY, Anne directly threatened Eva. She hasn't done anything serious yet (except - maybe - show up at her building), but I believe in the next book she is going to "up" her game and try something more drastic. Problemas ahead. This is probably one of the main points of the next book, because it'll show Anne upping her game, and then our couple doing something to stop her.

- Elizabeth: Although I don't believe that Gideon's relationship with his mother will be completely healed after OWY (even if the book covers a couple of months instead of only a couple of weeks), I think OWY can show us a serious "hard" discussion between the two of them that will indicate that things are going to change for better.

-Corrine's book: Is it going to be published? If it is, that's going to hurt Eva a lot, and, to extension, Gideon. (some people were asking how she managed to write a book in so little time, but the "book" is actually her diary she kept from the time she dated Gideon, so it was already written. What I found hard to believe is how the book managed to be published in less than two weeks. Penguin needs to learn how do to that rs);

- Christopher Jr.: Not only he hates Gideon on a "personal" level, but now he's also plotting against him professionally (wanting to tell the board members that Gideon's decisions are wrong). That hatred is complicated, because it exists since they were kids (but apparently the reason is just jealousy, which is stupid), and I don't see it being solved in two or three weeks (time that the books usually cover).

- Cary: We don't know if Tatiana is really pregnant or if the baby is Cary's. That being said, I don't think Cary is going to abandon her even if it isn't his. So Trey needs to figure out if he can part of that situation, and Cary also needs to figure out if he'll let him be (because Cary's behavior is a lot of times selfdestructive, he may not even let Trey be with him).

- Monica and Victor: I'd like to know if there's an specific reason why Monica needs to be with a wealthy man. And I'd like to see how they are going to act around each other after having sex in EWY.

Those are only some situations, because there are many other smaller issues that could be covered by the fifth book, like the charitable work Eva wants to do, Arnoldo's dislike of her, ect. There's enough plot for more 1000 pages. 

Edit: and the wedding, and an epilogue, and and... 

My thoughts on Cary:

I become more and more indifferent to him with every book.

He's selfish and while everybody seems to be getting their head on and working through their problems, I see absolutely no growth in him.

He has absolutely no problems calling out Eva's mistakes (fine and dandy) and making her feel like the world is about to go to doo doo because of her choices. But when it comes to his problems, I feel like he shrugs it off under the crutch of "I'm a mess" instead of TRYING to fix the situation. That's just one of the ways he's a hypocrite.

I also don't like how he seems to encourage Eva's relationship with Brett (not in this book but in general) knowing that she's with Gideon, and knowing how hurt she's been by Brett in the past. Its like he want's Eva's love life to be as complicated as his to feel better about the mess he created for himself.

I wish Gideon and Eva had just decided to give him their apartment instead of having him so close to the penthouse. I feel like he'll never grow up as long as Eva is there to stroke his ego and be his beating stick.

Definitely more to come from Corrine, she's kind of got Arnoldo on her side at the moment, and as someone else has said, I think Anne is her therapist and using her to help get back at Gideon. I also wonder if Anne realises Gideon had connected her with Hugh and how she will take that news when, hopefully, he tells her.

In conversation with Cary Eva says "We can write a manual on How to Lose a Guy in 10 Weeks" so I assume that is the time period the four books have covered so far.

As to babies, Eva does say to herself (after hearing they have landed the PhazeOne campaign) 'between Mark's excitement, the imminent adjustment in my work situation, starting my period' so unless book 5 covers a bigger timescale than the previous books there's no baby in the near future (for which I am glad, this is a couple who need time on their own once their problems are resolved).

Raul and Angus are very dedicated to their jobs, both seem to be available at a moment's notice any time day or night.

Eva's reason for leaving him for me did seem a bit petty, particularly after the swing scene where she had coped well with being restrained because she trusted him, in his nightmares he is now more or less in the position Eva was when he 'left her' in Reflected, he thinks she can't take any more of his past even though she made it clear it was that he had not communicated with her.

The women we know he has been involved with in the past are all 'nutters' and although I can't recall what I read that made me think it, it came to mind that perhaps of the women who came on to him, he deliberately selected those who presented a challenge to fulfil the need to be in control. Has he perhaps had to pay one or two off to keep their mouths shut, hence the comments from Lucas and Deanna about throwing his money about?

I wasn't sure where to put this. I thought Magdalene was a "friend" of GidEva now but this has me thinking she could be a threat in OWY

Sylvia posted this: 

Magdalene vs. Corrine: who’s the bigger threat? #HumpDayHottie

B21TebMIMAAiHs1.jpg

I am so thankful to have found this site. I love reading what everyone thinks. CBY definitely has me reeling. 

Maggie has loved Gideon for years and understands him and genuinely wants him to be happy. She sees he found in Eva the happiness he looked for and she seems genuinely grateful for that. Maggie wants to keep being a friend to Gideon and accepts that means she has to get along with Eva. I think Maggie has actually come to like her and deeply regrets that one time she was a total b.itch.

Corrine loves Gideon but never understood him and all she wants now is him at all costs. She probably was thrilled those weeks she thought Eva was gone for good and she was getting him back. She could not even see the agony he was in and all she saw was he was spending time with her and making sure the world knew it. She has repeatedly deliberately messed with Eva's mind and tried to manipulate Gideon and as far as I can tell is still at it. I doubt she is going to drop her plan about that tell-all book even though Gideon said to her face it would hurt him too.

Magdalene vs Corrine is no contest. Corrine is the big loser here. Unfortunately she hasn't thrown in the towel.

Hello Ladies!! it's sooo good to be back.   :D

After a first read of CBY I have to say I'm on the fence,  I'm a little disappointed with it; I'll defo need a reread to make sense of the book as a whole and to figure out why it hasn't met my expectations to the full.

Perhaps "therein lies the rub". I''m going to "revisit and revise" in order to be able to take this New Gideon in.

What a marked difference there is in both register and rhythm from Chapt. 13 onward, and the second part of the book is way better than the first one.  

I'm not so sure if Cary's the "bad guy", bc the moment Eva asked hin to stay with her at her mum's place, he went with her, and was there for her...would it be different, if HE had the troubles and asked Eva for help? I definitely think so..she would have stayed with Gideon...

I should clarify, selfish in terms of not growing up and having everybody worry about him.

E.g cutting is personal and I've never done it so I have no idea what its like but Cary does things to mess his own life up to have everybody around him freaking out all the time. He could have picked up the phone and said "Eva I need you" instead of cutting himself because he THOUGHT she was out of reach. She has her own life to live and she can't read his mind.

The Tatiana/Trey scenario was an easy fix before he made it into the mess it currently is. He doesn't even like Tatiana so he sabotaged his own relationship with Trey for a woman he loathes leaving everybody around him worried about his happiness.

Cary acts like a child.

Question: why would any publisher be interested in a book about Corinne's engagement to Gideon? Maybe one of the entertainment scandal sheets would be willing to pay for some interviews and her pictures, but really - a book? And why would she want to portray herself - even putting her best possible spin on it - as a wannabe adulterer, trying to scratch Eva and catch Gideon. Plus , she's still after Gideon and I doubt she's stupid enough to think putting him in the gossip columns is going to help bring him back.

LIFEHOUSE LYRICS
"Hanging By A Moment"

Desperate for changing, starving for truth
I'm closer to where I started, I'm chasing after you

I'm falling even more in love with you
Letting go of all I've held on to
I'm standing here until you make me move
I'm hanging by a moment here with you

Forgetting all I'm lacking, completely incomplete
I'll take your invitation, you take all of me now

I'm living for the only thing I know
I'm running and not quite sure where to go
And I don't know what I'm diving into
Just hanging by a moment here with you

There's nothing else to lose, there's nothing else to find
There's nothing in the world that can change my mind
There is nothing else
There is nothing else
There is nothing else

Desperate for changing, starving for truth
I'm closer to where I started, I'm chasing after you

I'm living for the only thing I know
I'm running and not quite sure where to go
And I don't know what I'm diving into

Just hanging by a moment
Just hanging by a moment
I'm hanging by a moment

Question: why would any publisher be interested in a book about Corinne's engagement to Gideon? Maybe one of the entertainment scandal sheets would be willing to pay for some interviews and her pictures, but really - a book? And why would she want to portray herself - even putting her best possible spin on it - as a wannabe adulterer, trying to scratch Eva and catch Gideon. Plus , she's still after Gideon and I doubt she's stupid enough to think putting him in the gossip columns is going to help bring him back.

Somewhere in one of the books it said Gideon was the hottest bachelor in New York since John F. Kennedy Jr. I wonder whether in real life a publisher would have jumped at a chance if one of the many women John John dated was willing to publish a tell all book. Even after he got engaged and maybe even after he was married. He tried to keep him private life private but the paps followed him everywhere and he did date beautiful women even movie stars. I think John John might be one of the in real life figures Sylvia Day took inspiration from creating Gideon.

Hi ladies,

A couple things:

Cary - is the first person that knew Eva's story with Nathan besides her mother.  He had a very abusive childhood and is self destructive.  Eva tells Cary things that she can't tell anyone else and she knows he will keep her private life private.  He never told anyone about Nathan and was beaten severely because Nathan thought they were living together romantically. He still hasn't betrayed her.  Let's face if you are involved with a man who is high profile like Gideon you can't discuss your relationship with anyone because it might appear on Page 6 or another gossip column. 

Cary is still messed up and now that he has started cutting himself again Eva is worried.  Too much is happening in his life.  I still question that Tat is pregnant with Cary's baby because he uses protection.  Eva said he was religious about protection.  if Tat is pregnant it is by another man and she trying to get money from Gideon and/or Eva.  We'll see.  Trey is good for Cary and I hope Cary follows Eva's advice.  Eva is loyal to her friends and Cary is her friend.

Corinne - Her tell all book.  Of course people will buy it.  Here is a woman who had a kinky relationship with one of the wealthiest men in the world.  Not only is Gideon wealthy he is young and gorgeous too.  If the book is released his business dealings will be in jeopardy.  I'm sure various boards will lose trust and groups like Mother's against Kinks will pressure stores and what not to drop his products. 

Magdalena - She is pro Gid/Eva.  She moved on.  However Gideon never shared his personal past with her.  She doesn't know him the way Eva does.

Brett - I'm sure he will come back.  At this point I don't think he loves Eva he just wants to beat Gideon and take her away from him.

Christopher Jr.   - I think that he was also abused.  If it wasn't physically, Hugh may have asked him to stand guard and threatened him if he told.  That would be traumatic for a child.  If he was abused by Hugh after Gideon left he would blame Gideon.  There is something that we don't  know yet about him and Gideon.

Liz - I don't like her and I don't know how that is going to change.  Eva, however, knows that Gideon needs to have a relationship with his mother and she is going to try to bridge that gap.

Anne - is dangerous because I think she knows about Hugh.  Also I think she is a woman scorned.  She wants to strike back at Gideon and she knows she can do that through Eva.  She was counting on Corinne being the one Gideon wanted but now that she sees it is Eva she is going to go after her some way.  I still believe that Anne is going to be at the receiving end of Eva's Krav skills.

Chris & Liz - I believe that Eva is going to help them heal and get back together.  I don't know how but I'm sure she will.

Victor - I still think he is going to move to NYC maybe with Graves. (I'm not sure I like that scenario)   I just ask myself why she is still talking to Eva.

Monica is not going to be with Victor.  He can't give her what she needs. 

I'm surprised that we didn't get anything about Monica, Christopher or more details about Gideon in this book.  That disappointed me.

Hi ladies,

A couple things:

Cary - is the first person that knew Eva's story with Nathan besides her mother.  He had a very abusive childhood and is self destructive.  Eva tells Cary things that she can't tell anyone else and she knows he will keep her private life private.  He never told anyone about Nathan and was beaten severely because Nathan thought they were living together romantically. He still hasn't betrayed her.  Let's face if you are involved with a man who is high profile like Gideon you can't discuss your relationship with anyone because it might appear on Page 6 or another gossip column. 

Cary is still messed up and now that he has started cutting himself again Eva is worried.  Too much is happening in his life.  I still question that Tat is pregnant with Cary's baby because he uses protection.  Eva said he was religious about protection.  if Tat is pregnant it is by another man and she trying to get money from Gideon and/or Eva.  We'll see.  Trey is good for Cary and I hope Cary follows Eva's advice.  Eva is loyal to her friends and Cary is her friend.

Corinne - Her tell all book.  Of course people will buy it.  Here is a woman who had a kinky relationship with one of the wealthiest men in the world.  Not only is Gideon wealthy he is young and gorgeous too.  If the book is released his business dealings will be in jeopardy.  I'm sure various boards will lose trust and groups like Mother's against Kinks will pressure stores and what not to drop his products. 

Magdalena - She is pro Gid/Eva.  She moved on.  However Gideon never shared his personal past with her.  She doesn't know him the way Eva does.

Brett - I'm sure he will come back.  At this point I don't think he loves Eva he just wants to beat Gideon and take her away from him.

Christopher Jr.   - I think that he was also abused.  If it wasn't physically, Hugh may have asked him to stand guard and threatened him if he told.  That would be traumatic for a child.  If he was abused by Hugh after Gideon left he would blame Gideon.  There is something that we don't  know yet about him and Gideon.

Liz - I don't like her and I don't know how that is going to change.  Eva, however, knows that Gideon needs to have a relationship with his mother and she is going to try to bridge that gap.

Anne - is dangerous because I think she knows about Hugh.  Also I think she is a woman scorned.  She wants to strike back at Gideon and she knows she can do that through Eva.  She was counting on Corinne being the one Gideon wanted but now that she sees it is Eva she is going to go after her some way.  I still believe that Anne is going to be at the receiving end of Eva's Krav skills.

Chris & Liz - I believe that Eva is going to help them heal and get back together.  I don't know how but I'm sure she will.

Victor - I still think he is going to move to NYC maybe with Graves. (I'm not sure I like that scenario)   I just ask myself why she is still talking to Eva.

Monica is not going to be with Victor.  He can't give her what she needs. 

I'm surprised that we didn't get anything about Monica, Christopher or more details about Gideon in this book.  That disappointed me.

Agree 110% with everything except the last part about Gideon. Getting inside his head in this book, getting glimpses of his past, being able to experience how scared he is sometimes underneath that strong exterior. Wow. Just, wow. Even some of the ugly things and I think there is really some scary stuff there, especially just how badly he used Anne which went beyond emotional. I love him all the more knowing how wounded he is.

Imagine a tell all bout about one of the most unattainable, powerful and private men in the world. There are also things like his dad's schemes that they may think she has information about as well as other things. I can totally see why a publisher would be interested in a book about the Ice-man.

Dear GoshDarnit;

And regarding his relationsship with Trey .. He behaves there a little bit like Gideon. Doesn´t share important facts of his life. Like he is bisexual and his is becoming a father and so on .. ! And then he doesn´t have kudos to talk with Trey by himself!!!

Really .. why is Cary so the great guy for Eva??? NOW? Maybe he was good for her in the days when they have first had met? Maybe Cary shows us that Eva has a personality of altruism .. That she cares so much about other that he wants to help them. Okay .. If this so .. Why Eva invest in working in an ad company. Why not working fulltime for an organization like crosscroads and using all her marketing knowledge to make it strong and big?

And that Eva is clueless where she should start regarding helping people who suffered sexual abuse .. I can´t understand. She has a degree from the University and she should at least be able to go ahead .. Gathers all important facts of the big hotlines and organisations already there .. And compare them! Ask herself what might had help her as a child to seek help? And look for gaps ..

And Cary seems to be also really clueless and not very intelligent when Eva asked him what to do regarding help other victim.

And why is Eva able to forgive Cary for again and again the same mistakes but very angry if Gideon doesn´t make any big steps in the direction she wants to? I do believe that Gideon likes to deal with a lot of big problems from him and Eva alone .. Is also a character feature of him. A part of his personality which is not completely able to be changed. And should not. I don´t think he will be able to share always everything. He is an alpha male and his is somehow a man who believes he has to shelter his woman. Not totally wrong.

I know I rant about it a lot .. but I have to express it in order to see new sides .. ;)

sme

I agree with this part here. Eva is so quick to forgive Cary for the very large eff ups he's made but will drag Gideon across coals for keeping even the tiniest of information from her.

I disagree about him being anything like Gideon though. EVERY SINGLE THING that Gideon has done, whether he went about it the right way or no, has been to protect Eva.

1. Faux dumping her was to protect her against prosecution for his crime in killing Nathan
  2. Not telling her before hand about his trip to Cali to deal with her sex tape with Brett was to save precious time in get the sale blocked.
  3. Having her followed (i.e provinding her with security and getting mad when she wouldn't use it) and being able to track her phone was because Nathan was still around and he was worried about her

EVERY SINGLE THING that Eva got mad at Gideon for always came back to her. 

That's the difference between Cary and Gideon. Cary is selfish and Gideon is selfless. He gives everything but information freely to Eva. Everything he's ever done is to protect her.

When she gets mad and an explanation is offered, 99% of the time she feels foolish because Gideon was right. I think given his track record, he deserves the benefit of the doubt and a bit of her trust because he clearly knows what he is doing.

In an earlier post I said this:

"Definitely more to come from Corrine, she's kind of got Arnoldo on her side at the moment, and as someone else has said, I think Anne is her therapist and using her to help get back at Gideon. I also wonder if Anne realises Gideon had connected her with Hugh and how she will take that news when, hopefully, he tells her."

Just found something Gideon says to Anne - wonder if this confirms Anne does not know that Hugh abused Gideon and that part of how Gideon treated her was not his usual sexual practice but more revenge on Hugh "The only thing memorable about you is your husband and how it eats at him that I've had you."

Bought the book and read it within 24 hours. Here are my thoughts...

1. The struggle of creating a happy balance on GidEva's relationship. I really felt like they acted on impulse (most of the time, anyway) in the previous three books, and I'm happy that in this book the couple had to go through A LOT of conflicts in order to realize that they have to slow everything down and be a team. Dr. Peterson said it best about taking turns carrying the load because Gideon always had the tendency to solve problems on his own, which in the end costed Eva's independence and her job. I'm not saying that Gideon was always on the wrong because Eva had her moments that made me cringe at times. I kept trying to remind myself that GidEva dated and married within less than three months despite the huge baggages they carry. So overall, I really enjoyed reading their struggle and slowly opening up because it was necessary for them :)
  2. I feel like Cary's side story was pushed back because most of the time he was nothing more than part of Eva's support system. I suppose it's understandable because GidEva's issues needed more "screentime", and Tat's baby is not even due until the next six months. I may be the only one who feels this way, but the dark side of me is hoping that Cary's the father. His bad habits are costing him, and it's really nice that he's owning up to it by being with Tat and not screwing around. A lot of people felt that Cary didn't evolve as a character, but I can see it a little bit that he's changed somehow and is taking responsibility because of the pregnancy (even though he doesn't know that he's the father!). And if Cary is not the father, or that Tat is faking the pregnancy to keep him around, I am hoping to God that Cary won't go back to the person he was in the previous books.
  3. I enjoyed the karaoke scene. The characters got to enjoy their downtime and it was so refreshing that they're so relaxed. Also, Eva's "warbly" voice made me giggle, and Gideon's "Hanging by a Moment" rendition got me all emotional lol
  4. A lot of sex scenes but it's great that most of them went straight to the point without going through 5 pages in full detail. Some errotic books do it where I get so tired and I skip them. This book was just right for me. The office scene and the swing scene where my favorite because of Eva being all playful, and her starting to trust Gideon immensely when it comes to strapping her and giving him the control.
  5. When I read the first chapter I thought, "Ew it's his POV". I was so used to hearing Eva's voice, but as I read along Gideon's dialogue became more intriguing. There were times in the book that his POV was more enjoyable to read because I get to see his side of the story and his thought process. I actually want this dual dialogue in 'One With You' and I hope we get that :)

I won't list anymore, but overall this book was an emotional rollercoaster for me in a good way. I can see that Sylvia Day really tried her best to tie up many loose ends from the previous books, and it's a good build up for the last book. Here are some things that I hope to see:

1. Detective Graves and the reasons why she confronted Eva about the case.
  2. Anne Lucas and her "mind games"
  3. Are Victor and Monica ever getting back together after what happened? My fantasies tell me that they should, but reality doesn't work that way lol
  4. The father of Tat's baby.
  5. More on Corinne and her tell-all book. Will Eva read her book?
  6. More on Brett and his new 'Golden' music video. Will Gideon watch the infamous BrettEva footage?
  7. An Epilogue. Maybe like 6 months to a year later, or something
  8. Cross Industries vs. LanCorp
  9. Eva's new job (LanCorp? Cross Industries? Crossroads? Waters Field & Leaman? New company?)
  10. The relationship between Gideon's family and himself

Let me know your thoughts... :)