* * CAPTIVATED BY YOU ++ SPOILER ++ CHAT * *

Kirsten

In an earlier post I said this:

"Definitely more to come from Corrine, she's kind of got Arnoldo on her side at the moment, and as someone else has said, I think Anne is her therapist and using her to help get back at Gideon. I also wonder if Anne realises Gideon had connected her with Hugh and how she will take that news when, hopefully, he tells her."

Just found something Gideon says to Anne - wonder if this confirms Anne does not know that Hugh abused Gideon and that part of how Gideon treated her was not his usual sexual practice but more revenge on Hugh "The only thing memorable about you is your husband and how it eats at him that I've had you."

I can't see Arnoldo working with Corrine to break Gideon and Eva up. He's Team Corrine but I don't think he'd hurt Gideon by helping her to destroy his relationship.

I also agree about Anne being Corrine's therapist. I think she probably gently encouraged her to end her life after Gideon went back to Eva (they probably spoke about it in therapy) knowing that it would hurt Gideon because of his father's own suicide. When that didn't work, I think she tried to play her by telling her to get closure by writing her feeling down in a book. All this is speculation of course but I do think Anne isn't to be underestimated.

Somebody mentioned the redhead receptionist also possibly being related to Anne. If the redhead uses the same temp agency as Megumi a Cross Industries background check could have been avoided. Seeing how Gideon has put Anne from his mind until now though, that could very well have slipped through the cracks even if she was subject to a Cross Industries background check.

I don't think Anne knows about the abuse. I think Terry absorbed all of it to shield his wife from the truth about her brother. She probably just thinks that Gideon is a sadistic .

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine a tell all bout about one of the most unattainable, powerful and private men in the world. There are also things like his dad's schemes that they may think she has information about as well as other things. I can totally see why a publisher would be interested in a book about the Ice-man.

I agree with this part here. Eva is so quick to forgive Cary for the very large eff ups he's made but will drag Gideon across coals for keeping even the tiniest of information from her.

I disagree about him being anything like Gideon though. EVERY SINGLE THING that Gideon has done, whether he went about it the right way or no, has been to protect Eva.

• Faux dumping her was to protect her against prosecution for his crime in killing Nathan
  • Not telling her before hand about his trip to Cali to deal with her sex tape with Brett was to save precious time in get the sale blocked.
  • Having her followed (i.e provinding her with security and getting mad when she wouldn't use it) and being able to track her phone was because Nathan was still around and he was worried about her
EVERY SINGLE THING that Eva got mad at Gideon for always came back to her.

That's the difference between Cary and Gideon. Cary is selfish and Gideon is selfless. He gives everything but information freely to Eva. Everything he's ever done is to protect her.

When she gets mad and an explanation is offered, 99% of the time she feels foolish because Gideon was right. I think given his track record, he deserves the benefit of the doubt and a bit of her trust because he clearly knows what he is doing.

Totally agree with you both! Cary is starting to really irritate me! As is Eva's attitude toward him. It's like he can do no wrong as far as she is concerned.

I mean seriously, she comes home to find an orgy in her living room and aside from a text conversation where she tells him off that's it. Then she refuses to go away for the weekend with Gideon because she needs to 'dig in to it' with Cary, and do they - no it's never mentioned again!

It seems like a disapproving look and maybe a patronising comment is sufficient for Eva to berate Cary but when it comes to Gideon messing up she goes nuts!!

Also considering, of the two men Cary has been in therapy and dealing with his issues for significantly longer. If she's giving either of them more space to mess up it should be Gideon!!

Sigh! Eva irritated me in this book a lot too in case you hadn't guessed lol

Oh gosh I didn't mean Arnoldo was helping Corinne, just that he thinks she is okay and would be suitable to marry Gideon - Arnoldo only sees her good side, not her scheming side. He knows Gideon is happy with Eva but he does not realise that Corinne is actually a big problem.

I agree with you about Arnoldo being on Corrine's side, and I still think Anne is her therapist pushing her to win Gideon by exposing her feelings to the world through a book. I'm also plotting that Hugh was having an affair with Lucas???? Christopher might have been abused which is what Gideon overheard Liz and Chris discussing one night at the dinner table??

Oh gosh I didn't mean Arnoldo was helping Corinne, just that he thinks she is okay and would be suitable to marry Gideon - Arnoldo only sees her good side, not her scheming side. He knows Gideon is happy with Eva but he does not realise that Corinne is actually a big problem.

I wish I could have just clicked the little check on the side of your post lol

I have tried to read everything and this may not be new BUT

Is anyone else looking for more of an explanation for Clancy's behavior?  I know he said Eva has had enough pain but he put himself and his family in a dangerous legal position if not also personal danger.

I think Clancy is discrete and stealthy enough to do it without getting caught. I don't think there's much he got from his FBI brother besides information. I think he mentioned being military so I'm sure they had ways to communicate without being traced.

I agree with you about Arnoldo being on Corrine's side, and I still think Anne is her therapist pushing her to win Gideon by exposing her feelings to the world through a book. I'm also plotting that Hugh was having an affair with Lucas???? Christopher might have been abused which is what Gideon overheard Liz and Chris discussing one night at the dinner table??

It would explain things. Lucas is a pediatrician and Gideon bought his building to keep tabs on him. I think its safe to say that he's never found any reason to believe that Lucas has hurt any of the boys in his care or else he would have mentioned such. Lucas  seems to have had more than just "brotherly protection" in his mind when he covered for Hugh.

Now that we know that Gideon was actually penetrated, I don't believe that there was anyway that Lucas missed the signs of his abuse. Before CBY, I always though Hugh had touched Gideon's p**s and there could have been some way around the physical signs but he actually did penetrate him and that would most definitely show in a 10 year old boy.

Add to the theory that Lucas did not fill his wife in on the abuse that her brother inflicted, its not hard to believe that Lucas and Hugh were probably more that just brothers-in-law.

*Is my tin hat too much? lol*

when and where in the book did Gideon overhear Liz and Chris discussing one night at the dinner table? I must have really skimmed thru that.

Question: If Eva was Mark's assistant, and Mark leaves; why would Eva lose her job? Couldn't she be an assistant to the person that replaces Mark? Now that she realizes that she can't work on the Lancorp project because of a conflict of interest, wonder what she can do now.. ? She can be an assistant to another person in the office.

Looking at my UK book cover it's jewellery, three rows of what are presumably clear diamonds and an outer row of a darker colour, the length seems to indicate it's a necklace. The only mention of a necklace is Monica with a Cartier Trinity necklace but googling does not show anything like the cover necklace. Doubt anything to do with Monica would feature on the cover anyway.

I've searched the e-book for jewellery (necklace, bracelet, diamond) and nothing appears.

when and where in the book did Gideon overhear Liz and Chris discussing one night at the dinner table? I must have really skimmed thru that.

Question: If Eva was Mark's assistant, and Mark leaves; why would Eva lose her job? Couldn't she be an assistant to the person that replaces Mark? Now that she realizes that she can't work on the Lancorp project because of a conflict of interest, wonder what she can do now.. ? She can be an assistant to another person in the office.

The discussion between Liz and Chris is at chapter 9 UK paperback top of page 150, kindle location 2142 (my iPad and iPhone say page 149 of 357 but that may not be the same on other Kindles).

I did wonder about Eva losing her job, all I can see in Bared to You is that she started at an entry-level position, and Mark is a junior account manager and Eva is his first assistant. Not sure what an entry-level position in the US constitutes, or if it means that if your boss goes, you go.

I did wonder about Eva losing her job, all I can see in Bared to You is that she started at an entry-level position, and Mark is a junior account manager and Eva is his first assistant. Not sure what an entry-level position in the US constitutes, or if it means that if your boss goes, you go.

Entry level usually means that the job doesn't require experience for the position (usually for new grads)

Hi Everyone,

Can someone help me understand in Chapter 2 where Eva is talking to Christine Leaman, she is thinking "I winced inwardly. Of course she'd think I would recommend my employer to my boyfriend, because she'd assume Gideon and I had been dating at least long enough to make an engagement plausible. Telling her I had been with Waters Field & Leaman longer than I'd been with Gideon, when I had been employed there only a couple of months, would open up speculation I didn't want floating around."

I feel stupid for asking but I am kind of confuse as to what she is saying, can someone help me out? and Thanks! :)

Actually I think her plan to write a tell-all book about Gideon changed Arnoldo's mind about her some. Arnoldo and Gideon met for drinks at one of his clubs later hours after Gideon walked out on her at the restaurant. The feeling I got from that chapter is Arnoldo sided with Gideon about him being angry with her even though she'd cried after he left. I'm finishing my second reading of the book and have started listening to the audiobook, picking up all new things from both. I'm liking Arnoldo for being honest with his friend instead of sugar coating. Remember its Eva's own fault Arnoldo disapproves of her because he watched her hurt Gideon really bad. Now he's seen Corrine threaten to do something hurtful and so is getting a little taste of what a problem she is.

Hi Ladies I have just finished my second read and am ready to blog so here are my "thoughts uncensored" to quote Eva lol:

I think we should have known it was going to be a wild ride after we read those first three chapters ... What I didnt like right from the start was Eva stating her confusion about Brett ....really how did she expect Gideon to react ...but then Gideon had to go and open his big mouth about clearing up Corinne's confusion...really how did he expect Eva to react...I am rarely mad at Gideon but I was then. Lol

Basically I did not like the first three chapters so much although one bright spot was the introduction of the new character Arash ; what a breath of fresh air and I loved seeing Gideon getting together with his buddies which I think he should do more often to alleviate his Eva obsession a bit lol...

Now the San Diego trip was a pleasant surprise!!! I loved how Sylvia teased us with Brett and his backstage blonde making us think omg what is Eva doing when alas it was the look alike. I love when Gideon first realized it wasn't Eva's low husky laugh and I loved how he described the real Eva as she walked backstage as the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen with her effortless beauty and sexuality

I loved the fact that Gideon is going to demolish Pete's 69th St bar...he knows Eva wants to forget the girl she was back then so it will serve 2 purposes for Gideon : eradicating the memory of Brett Kline and Eva's wild days...loved when Eva showed up at Gideon's hotel and her introduction to Arash; I think this is one of only a few lighthearted moments in the entire book...

I loved how Gideon dealt with Corinne in Chapter 7 finally with the firm detached hand she deserves...I was irritated when Corinne picked up Eva's photo off Gideon's desk; I thought that was rather rude and forward of her but I loved when Gideon told her they could never be friends and that was the last time they would speak...little did he know the Bitc$ had other plans... Omg I cant believe how much I hate Corinne the forum has always hated her and we were 100 percent right on that ladies...

I have to admit I was also on team Brett along with Rogue so all I can say to that is to quote Gideon and "take the hit" lol...

I loved when Eva and Carey discussed her new name and they both think that Eva Cross sounds "kick-Arse". I do too!!!

I loved when Gideon bought the NC beach house for his wife but I especially loved when Eva understood the significance of Geoffrey Cross' pen without Gideon having to tell her... Yes they just "get" each other...

Of course the highlight of the book had to be the night out at the Starlight Club and Gideon serenading Eva ; I also think Gideon was in competition with Brett here showing Eva that he in fact could carry a tune and consequently turn her on!!!

Loved when Gideon met with Clancey wanting him to back off and he gave him the line about some men need to be put down like rabid dogs...

Loved when Gideon was jealous of the interior designer...it was so sad to hear Gideon agonize over how broken he is that he cant even sleep with his wife like who the would want a separate bedroom married to a babe like Eva...

All of the baby references... Is Sylvia messing with us?? But it is sad that Gideon questions whether Eva would even want a child with him since he is so fu$$ed up...

Oh and I have a theory about Detective Graves; when you read that meeting between her and Eva again Detective Graves sort of freaks when Eva grabs her arm...Could Graves possibly be an abuse/rape victim herself? Perhaps that is why she seems to be on Team Gideva and I think she wants invited to the wedding so she can hit on Victor...

Loved the overnight with Ireland at Gideva's penthouse; they are all so cute together and I love when Gideon experiences normalcy...

Thanks for reading all of this and I look forward to your posts...

In an earlier post I said this:"Definitely more to come from Corrine, she's kind of got Arnoldo on her side at the moment, and as someone else has said, I think Anne is her therapist and using her to help get back at Gideon. I also wonder if Anne realises Gideon had connected her with Hugh and how she will take that news when, hopefully, he tells her."Just found something Gideon says to Anne - wonder if this confirms Anne does not know that Hugh abused Gideon and that part of how Gideon treated her was not his usual sexual practice but more revenge on Hugh "The only thing memorable about you is your husband and how it eats at him that I've had you."

Yes I do not believe that Anne knows about Hugh; her vendetta against Gideon is completely due to the nature of their kinky sexual relationship and him dumping her... She is completely mad at this point and dangerous... I actually think Gideon is underestimating what she is capable of...

Hi Everyone,

Can someone help me understand in Chapter 2 where Eva is talking to Christine Leaman, she is thinking "I winced inwardly. Of course she'd think I would recommend my employer to my boyfriend, because she'd assume Gideon and I had been dating at least long enough to make an engagement plausible. Telling her I had been with Waters Field & Leaman longer than I'd been with Gideon, when I had been employed there only a couple of months, would open up speculation I didn't want floating around."

I feel stupid for asking but I am kind of confuse as to what she is saying, can someone help me out? and Thanks! :)

Maybe Eva thinks Christine will believe Page Six about a baby being on the way!

Hi Everyone,

Christine asks her if Gideon chose Waters Field & Leaman for the Kingsman Vodka campaign because of his relationship with Eva, that works there. Christine thinks GidEva already had a relationship at that moment, becuse the Kingsman campaign had only been 3 months before and usually people date for more than 3 months before they get engaged, so, if they got engaged now, it would mean that they had been together for a long time. 

The point is, Eva and Gideon weren't at a relationship at that point, in fact, they had jus met for the first time. So Eva winces thinking: everybody is going to assume we've been together for a long time, but that's not the truth, so if I tell her I wasn't even in a relationship with him at the time of the Kingsman Vodka campaign, she's going to know we've been together for less than 3 months, and everyone is going to start speculating about it, like is there a baby on the way? isn't it too soon? is the relationship serious? etc.

Christine asks her if Gideon chose Waters Field & Leaman for the Kingsman Vodka campaign because of his relationship with Eva, that works there. Christine thinks GidEva already had a relationship at that moment, becuse the Kingsman campaign had only been 3 months before and usually people date for more than 3 months before they get engaged, so, if they got engaged now, it would mean that they had been together for a long time. 

The point is, Eva and Gideon weren't at a relationship at that point, in fact, they had jus met for the first time. So Eva winces thinking: everybody is going to assume we've been together for a long time, but that's not the truth, so if I tell her I wasn't even in a relationship with him at the time of the Kingsman Vodka campaign, she's going to know we've been together for less than 3 months, and everyone is going to start speculating about it, like is there a baby on the way? isn't it too soon? is the relationship serious? etc.

Yes, remember the scene takes place before the phone call from Monica where Eva learns that her engagement is public knowledge and that there is a baby bump speculation already out there.

Hi Everyone,

Maybe Eva thinks Christine will believe Page Six about a baby being on the way!

Yes, remember the scene takes place before the phone call from Monica where Eva learns that her engagement is public knowledge and that there is a baby bump speculation already out there.

I think Christine Leaman followed the GidEva relationship all along from the paparazzi picture of the kiss on the sidewalk to the tabloids going nuts that morning about the engagement and I think she also connected the dots about how the agency landed the Kingsman account so quickly and easily. When she swung by Eva's desk in Chapter 2, I think she was on a fishing expedition to see if  the baby rumors were true. Maybe she wondered, OK, Gideon says he wants to marry Eva but weeks ago the tabloids were speculating similar things about him and Corrine. Was Eva maybe on the fast track to broken engagement too, flavor of the week, or just how serious was it? How did that affect the agency for good? .

I think Christine Leaman had been following the GidEva relationship all along from the paparazzi picture of the kiss on the sidewalk to the tabloids going nuts that morning about the engagement and I think she also connected the dots about how the agency landed the Kingsman account so quickly and easily. When she swung by Eva's desk in Chapter 2, I think she was on a fishing expedition to see if the engagement rumors were true and if so how might it affect the agency good or bad. Was Eva pregnant? Was the engagement true? Or was it simply more crazy stories like the ones from earlier in the summer speculating he gone back to someone else he been engaged to.

I think Gideon introduced himself to Christine at the fundraiser the night before as Eva's fiancé. I just thought Eva didn't want them to think she was marrying because she was pregnant.

Hi Everyone,

Eva was referring to Kingsman Vodka campaign  ..

Morning--

Half finished second read.  I always like the second read because things seem clearer.  Some more thoughts.

First--LOVE ARASH!!!!!!  He is smart, snarky, and not intimidated by Gideon.  It would be kind of cool if he and Megumi got together.  Gotta agree on that.

Loving the POV from Gideon.  I feel like I "know" him so much more.  Kind of cool that such a hugely powerful man can have this vulnerability to Eva.  Love him so much more.

I think a lot of the long term issues will be solved in an epilogue. They have to be since there just is not enough time in the current way Sylvia is writing.  I don't think G will ever forgive his mother.  He may learn to tolerate her for Ireland's sake, but I am not sure there is a way to forgive her.  She is one of those women who want everything in a neat and tidy box.  G is not that.

I like Cary.  He has issues but he is always there for Eva.  Always.  I don't see him as selfish.  I see him as human.

Eva can be a pain in the Arse.  Some of her rants come off to me as a spoiled brat.  She has to realize that G is not a normal guy.  I don't mean his issues.  I mean he is an extraordinarily rich and powerful man.  He has to keep her safe because she is forever gonna be a target.  No way that she can be totally independent of G IN ANY WAY INCLUDING WORK.  She could be a genius in anything and she will always be thought of as G's wife.  That is why Mark got that account.  That is why the firm doesn't want to lose her.  She has to accept that and grow up about it.  When she married G she signed on for the whole package.  Doesn't mean she can't be successful in her own right, but she will never shake being Eva Cross.  Her hissy fits are getting old.

Of course Corrine's book would sell and sell big.  People love gossip.  This stuff would be majorly juicy.  My feeling--G will never allow it to be published and he would have no problem buying the company after she signs an exclusive contract and tabling the whole thing.  Enter Arash.  G keeps him busy.  lol

sscrph--I love your idea of Graves and abuse.  I think you are on to something very big and important here.  Explains a whole lot of Graves to me.  

This is why I love this series.  There is so much to talk about.  So many layers to every character.  

The discussion about Chris and Liz talking about the abuse is in chapter 9 where Eva and Gideon are having pizza and she asks him why he never told Chris about the abuse himself and he replies that his mother told Chris because he heard them discussing it at the dinner table  one night.

I've heard a few people saying that Corrine's book will talk about their Kinky sex life but I don't think that he had that kind of sex life with her at all. I think he started experimenting with kinky stuff after she broke off the engagement. He expresses that Corrine had always soothed him which stems from his 'mommy issues' based on how he pointed out that she dresses the same as his mother. I doubt that he would have been rough with her during sex or passionate the way he was with Eva in Bryant Park in book 1.

The discussion about Chris and Liz talking about the abuse is in chapter 9 where Eva and Gideon are having pizza and she asks him why he never told Chris about the abuse himself and he replies that his mother told Chris because he heard them discussing it at the dinner table  one night.

I've heard a few people saying that Corrine's book will talk about their Kinky sex life but I don't think that he had that kind of sex life with her at all. I think he started experimenting with kinky stuff after she broke off the engagement. He expresses that Corrine had always soothed him which stems from his 'mommy issues' based on how he pointed out that she dresses the same as his mother. I doubt that he would have been rough with her during sex or passionate the way he was with Eva in Bryant Park in book 1.

Totally agree with this linda I do not think he had kinky sex with Corinne either ; to quote another famous bestseller I think it was very "vanilla" with those two... ;). ;)

Hey everyone  .. I love this community. I've finished Captivated By you and I cant move  on. I m always like this having a withdrawal syndrome   so I started Bared to You - doing another round. How do you all managed to move on from CBY? 

Anyways , I love love love Gideons' POV . I love to know how vulnerable he was  , how deeply madly inlove he was with Eva  and  knowing his interaction  with his business associates and families. Is it just me but my heart flutters everytime he refer to Eva as his wife  and the funny thing was no one question it , they just assumed that since they're engaged  -its almost the same.

Few of my endearing moments were  Ireland and Gideon interaction  - Gidoen struggled how to deal with it but when he tried . it was the sweetest.  

The Karaoke scene  -- Awwww !  

The morning after the karaoke night  -- I love that Bacon part  .. yeah Im smiling like a fool . Its like they;r always on a honeymoon stage . 

Gideon and Arash banter and insults were comical  -- and I miss Arnoldo too. He was a great friend to Gideon , I love how Sylvia patch up the problem between them.

There were two scenes my heart broke. 1) When Christopher Sr found out about Gideon abuse. It was  so real, the emotions is so painful on both.. Sylvia have conveyed it so well. 2) and the last chapter when Eva left .. Oh my God , I just want to be with Gideon. He was so lost and my heart ache for him - to have that reconciliation.

I was thinking  if Anne actually seeing Cary? If this was her way of getting to Eva. Remember they hook up in EWY.. and the woman in the building said  that no one can come in to the building w/o the tenants accompanying the guest? and during this time Cary started  cutting himself  - so is she messing up with Carys head?

I think Corrine has gone crazy  -- but wouldn't do much aside from her book. Gideon has been honest about it to Eva .  Sex tape was worst than all- tale - book.  Maybe Corrine and Arnoldo can  be together ? Seems like Arnoldo has soft spot for her. 

I am now more curious about LanCorps though .. seems like Gideon and Ryan will go head to head  - 

I hated that Eva felt like he can't forgive Gideon for offering  job to Mark. Sure, she felt betrayed and its understandable she got mad  - but having a feeling that she might not forgive Gideon  - or if she forgive him can she live with him like that. That was a very conflicting feeling and Im getting angry  with that. Gideon has done a lot, jumble ways to protect her, make her happy, clean up the mess , deal with  his own s***  and his only fault  was that he wants to control things because he wants result the soonest possible way. and lets agree Eva always takes time  to make sense on things because she always  put her "freedom as a person and her individuality" first and dont want to be like her mother .. so she resist as much. But then Gideon need a hard kick to open up , so he has to be scared to death of losing Eva to be able to do so. 

And I have to make this caps lock because Im happy "  THANK GOD BRETT IS NO LONGER A THREAT" .. I wanted to get rid of him  myself for giving Gideon a  problem   :)

I kept reading the ending of CBY  , it just made me fall inlove  with Gideon and Eva more and Im really hoping book  5 would be out soon .

Can we get this pairing please:

Arash and Megumi;

Victor and Graves 

Arnoldo and Corrine  ( i know Im crazy lol)  ok..  i take it back ..