* * CAPTIVATED BY YOU ++ SPOILER ++ CHAT * *

Kirsten

I was thinking  if Anne actually seeing Cary? If this was her way of getting to Eva. Remember they hook up in EWY.. and the woman in the building said  that no one can come in to the building w/o the tenants accompanying the guest? and during this time Cary started  cutting himself  - so is she messing up with Carys head?

I think Corrine has gone crazy  -- but wouldn't do much aside from her book. Gideon has been honest about it to Eva .  Sex tape was worst than all- tale - book.  Maybe Corrine and Arnoldo can  be together ? Seems like Arnoldo has soft spot for her. 

Can we get this pairing please:

Arash and Megumi;

Victor and Graves 

Arnoldo and Corrine  ( i know Im crazy lol) 

Intriguing about Carey and Anne. I was thinking about how she was in the building w/ a tenant and that makes sense. 

And no to Arnoldo and Corrine for me. If she is with Arnoldo then that means she will still be around GidEva indefinitely and I just don't ever see her being fully okay with not being with Gideon. I wouldn't want her around anyway.

I want to know more about Graves and Monica in the next book. I feel like they would have some very interesting back stories that could help me better understand them. My heart dropped when Graves and Eva spoke. I was just waiting for her to say something horrible the case.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Intriguing about Carey and Anne. I was thinking about how she was in the building w/ a tenant and that makes sense. 

And no to Arnoldo and Corrine for me. If she is with Arnoldo then that means she will still be around GidEva indefinitely and I just don't ever see her being fully okay with not being with Gideon. I wouldn't want her around anyway.

I want to know more about Graves and Monica in the next book. I feel like they would have some very interesting back stories that could help me better understand them. My heart dropped when Graves and Eva spoke. I was just waiting for her to say something horrible the case.

Gcrossfire I believe you may have something there about Carey and Anne omg as I said earlier she is alot more dangerous than even Gideon suspects and if this is true about Carey she has penetrated the inner circle and is probably devious enough to get her hands on keys and such...in my book she is definitely first on the list for Eva's Krav Maga...

I haven't thought about Cary and Anne that could be a possibility. But didn't Cary help Eva investigate Lucas in book 3 my thought would be he must know who she really is?? but then again he did hook up with her at the end of Entwined and couldn't remember her name.

I loved finally finding out the root of Gideon's brunette's fetish, I have to give props to Sylvia for showing us how Hugh really messed with G's mind by showing him pictures of women who look like his mom. "all little boys wants to F### their mommies" lol

Some comments and questions: I haven't reread first books for a while, but just how long were Corinne and Gideon together and engaged? Wasn't it mostly back in college? Still seems to me more like fodder for Page 6 than a book unless the person who had the cool idea about Landon being behind it is right.

I'm confused about Brett's copy of the tape. Did Gideon's people erase it while he was meeting with Gideon?

Scary thought about Anne getting her hooks into Cary. Re Anne's vendetta against Gideon - besides her fury about being used to get to her husband, could Dr. Lucas have told her that Gideon instigated her brother's suicide by false accusations?

Very disappointed in Arnoldo. Had hoped he might end up with Shawna when (if) her fiancé stayed in Italy, but not sure he deserves her now. I miss hearing about her. Eva needs some friends she doesn't have to mother.

Nervous about all the baby references.

And I guess I'm an idiot, but I really couldn't quite figure out how that swing worked. Is there a you tube video of someone in one? Just kidding!!!

Some comments and questions: I haven't reread first books for a while, but just how long were Corinne and Gideon together and engaged? Wasn't it mostly back in college? Still seems to me more like fodder for Page 6 than a book unless the person who had the cool idea about Landon being behind it is right.

I'm confused about Brett's copy of the tape. Did Gideon's people erase it while he was meeting with Gideon?

Scary thought about Anne getting her hooks into Cary. Re Anne's vendetta against Gideon - besides her fury about being used to get to her husband, could Dr. Lucas have told her that Gideon instigated her brother's suicide by false accusations?

Very disappointed in Arnoldo. Had hoped he might end up with Shawna when (if) her fiancé stayed in Italy, but not sure he deserves her now. I miss hearing about her. Eva needs some friends she doesn't have to mother.

Nervous about all the baby references.

And I guess I'm an idiot, but I really couldn't quite figure out how that swing worked. Is there a you tube video of someone in one? Just kidding!!!

Gideon and Corinne were engaged for over one year per Magdalene in chapter 20 BTY.  In chapter 21 in BTY, Gideon said "I said yes for the wrong reasons. After two years of hanging out..."  The two statements together seem to add up to more then three years.

Gideon's people did erase Brett's copy while he met with Gideon.

Anne's motivation is still up for discussion.

I still like Arnoldo and hope he will get together with Shawna.  I think his reaction to Eva's behavior is reasonable.  More important he stood by his friend regardless of his personal opinion.  That is a good friend who disagrees with you and stays.

Can't help you with the swing!

A quick question - At the end of the book Arash ask Gideon if he was getting sick AGAIN.  Do  you think they were talking mentally sick?  It seems like I can recall them saying that Gideon was never ill earlier in the book. 

I think Arash was referring to the day Eva called in sick for Gideon.  He did not go to work after his meeting with Chris Senior (about his abuse) and his night with Eva.

Remember Arash tells Gideon he is/has recently changed his work ethic.

About Gideon being sick, I think Arash might have been referring to the time when he was separated from Eva while pretending to date Corrine. I would have thought he was unbearable to be around then too due to lack of sleep and being grumpy.

THE COVER FOR UK!

I haven't seen where its commented, it looks like the draw string to Gideon's sweat pants. The ones he used to tie Eva up with in the lift, I'm not sure about the silk around it???

Although the drawstring idea is a good one, I'm looking at the cover now and it's three rows of clear diamonds forming the centre and a row of darker stones along each edge. All I can come up with from searching the e-book is Gideon remembering that first visit to her apartment where she wore a silk robe and a diamond anklet.

OK .. I take back my Arnoldo and Corrine  pairing.  .. it was a crazy thought I know  .. I don't know I just feel so sorry for her. She hasn't done anything really damaging except for her guilty trip and emotional blackmail  .  Unlike Brett Kline  .. ah I have so much hate on this character  .. 

On a more personal note.. Does anyone feeling bothered about the negative reviews in Amazon . I swear some of those negative reviewer didn't read the book or their judgement has been clouded.  I feel so defensive about Crossfire series and I could spend a day  replying to all of them  -- IF YOU HAVENT POSTED YOUR REVIEW IN  AMAZON .. PLEASE DO SO!  I felt injustice for Gideon and Eva  .. and really rudeness to Sylvia . 

I agree Sharon, plus Cary said he had issues getting it up with her.

Actually Cary is annoying me. He was less supportive of Gideon and Eva  relationship. And he was so ungrateful.. Gideon gave  him the extension of his penthouse  and willing to do the renovation whatever way he wanted it. The breakfast after the karaoke, Eva asked him if he likes it  and he replied with sarcasm in his tone . and during their  argument , Cary clearly said to Eva that she wasn' there for him that much anymore. That's how it appeared to me.

Here was my take with Cary ;;. He was a great friend to Eva and they were there for each other ever since.  But when Gideon and Eva  happened , it was less time for Eva and Cary , so can I assumed Cary was a little bit  jealous of what Eva and Gideon found in each other.  Eva was no longer f***** up  and Cary was still,  and the  only person that constant to him , Eva - where no longer much around for him because  she has another  life to sort  out now . Sure, Gideon and Evas' relationship was rocky but obviously their love for each other was strong. There was so much going on and Gideon has always been there for Eva , taking of care of her.......... and who takes care of Cary?

so subconsciously, Carys' self destructiveness was out of anger on Eva's  suddenly change  of lifestyle and  marriage to Gideon  and left him? .. Remember how disappointed Cary was when Eva told him they elope. I think sometimes its hard for you to find happiness for someone, no matter how great friends you are   that your best friend found something  - a love, happiness that you once believe you cant find and you're suddenly the only f***** up. and while Eva  on its way to her happiness , Carys life was spiraling down .. Am I making sense here .. Carys' being resentful over Eva? 

OK .. I take back my Arnoldo and Corrine  pairing.  .. it was a crazy thought I know  .. I don't know I just feel so sorry for her. She hasn't done anything really damaging except for her guilty trip and emotional blackmail  .  Unlike Brett Kline  .. ah I have so much hate on this character  .. 

On a more personal note.. Does anyone feeling bothered about the negative reviews in Amazon . I swear some of those negative reviewer didn't read the book or their judgement has been clouded.  I feel so defensive about Crossfire series and I could spend a day  replying to all of them  -- IF YOU HAVENT POSTED YOUR REVIEW IN  AMAZON .. PLEASE DO SO!  I felt injustice for Gideon and Eva  .. and really rudeness to Sylvia . 

I think Corrine is so much worse than Brett. Corrine was trying to psychologically screw with GidEva.

She made Eva think twice that Gideon had slept with her, spent the end of BTY trying to get Gideon to focus on her which worked, got in with Gideons mother and Chris Jr which only hurts Gideon more because he doesn't see them as family the way she thinks, attempts suicide which kills her unborn child and then has the nerve to blame Gideon for it all. Even knowing Gideon's past with his father. Then is writing a tell-all book which is going to really hurt Eva. 

I think Corrine and Brett are on whole different playing fields. I don't like either, but Corrine is the one to worry about. A sex tape and being a creep is one thing, putting the blame of your unborn child and your suicide on someone who deals with the issues already is so awful I can't even put it into words.

And yes, go rate and review in Amazon! 

About Gideon being sick, I think Arash might have been referring to the time when he was separated from Eva while pretending to date Corrine. I would have thought he was unbearable to be around then too due to lack of sleep and being grumpy.

THE COVER FOR UK!

I haven't seen where its commented, it looks like the draw string to Gideon's sweat pants. The ones he used to tie Eva up with in the lift, I'm not sure about the silk around it???

I saw somewhere on her twitter posts to the right that the UK cover has nothing to do with the book CBY, unlike the pen on the US cover

sorry Kristen I didn't see your posts until just now!!