* * CAPTIVATED BY YOU ++ SPOILER ++ CHAT * *

Kirsten

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, he said he kept it in his pants, but got her off cause she was so "hot"....he decided he didn't want to his kid to feel bad about his dad doing those things in closets?....

I think the gist of the convo was really that Cary's mom was a who used abortion as birth control and Cary doesn't want his kid thinking the same, but maybe I'm wrong.

I think Corrine is so much worse than Brett. Corrine was trying to psychologically screw with GidEva.

She made Eva think twice that Gideon had slept with her, spent the end of BTY trying to get Gideon to focus on her which worked, got in with Gideons mother and Chris Jr which only hurts Gideon more because he doesn't see them as family the way she thinks, attempts suicide which kills her unborn child and then has the nerve to blame Gideon for it all. Even knowing Gideon's past with his father. Then is writing a tell-all book which is going to really hurt Eva.

I think Corrine and Brett are on whole different playing fields. I don't like either, but Corrine is the one to worry about. A sex tape and being a creep is one thing, putting the blame of your unborn child and your suicide on someone who deals with the issues already is so awful I can't even put it into words.

And yes, go rate and review in Amazon!

Totally agree with you here! We also need to remember that we have no proof that Brett knew anything about the sex tape before Gideon & Eva found out about it.

Don't get me wrong he's a sleeze for wanting to capitalise on it now he has it, but it would be significantly worse if he had been involved in the recording of people behind their backs! The real creep is Sam Yimara.

Here was my take with Cary ;;. He was a great friend to Eva and they were there for each other ever since.  But when Gideon and Eva  happened , it was less time for Eva and Cary , so can I assumed Cary was a little bit  jealous of what Eva and Gideon found in each other.  Eva was no longer f***** up  and Cary was still,  and the  only person that constant to him , Eva - where no longer much around for him because  she has another  life to sort  out now . Sure, Gideon and Evas' relationship was rocky but obviously their love for each other was strong. There was so much going on and Gideon has always been there for Eva , taking of care of her.......... and who takes care of Cary?

so subconsciously, Carys' self destructiveness was out of anger on Eva's  suddenly change  of lifestyle and  marriage to Gideon  and left him? .. Remember how disappointed Cary was when Eva told him they elope. I think sometimes its hard for you to find happiness for someone, no matter how great friends you are   that your best friend found something  - a love, happiness that you once believe you cant find and you're suddenly the only f***** up. and while Eva  on its way to her happiness , Carys life was spiraling down .. Am I making sense here .. Carys' being resentful over Eva? 

I disagree with you completely.  You are right Cary and Eva support each other.  Their relationship is like a sibling relationship.  Eva can talk to Cary about things she can't talk to anyone else.  Eva's family accept Cary into their family like a member of the family.  That is the relationship they have.  Cary has told Eva on a couple occasions that he wants her and Gideon to work out. 

Is Cary having a hard time right now?  Yes!  He sees himself making one mistake after another.  He loves Trey but he is forever bound to Tat via a baby.  Eva takes care of Cary and so does her mother and Stanton. 

Regarding Cary's reaction to Eva telling him they eloped.  Cary witnessed Gideon's nightmares.  They are violent.  He is afraid for Eva physically.  Eva said that Cary had violent nightmares that's why she approached Gideon carefully.  Cary wants Gideon to work on his problems because he doesn't want Gideon to get caught in a nightmare and punch or rape Eva.  That is a valid concern. 

Someone else mentioned Cary not letting Eva know that Brett's band was Six Ninths.  That was a practical joke.   He didn’t know she was going backstage.  He didn't know he was setting up a fight between Gideon and Brett.  If they had just gone to the concert Cary would have teased Eva about the shock. 

I believe that Cary is so depressed right now that he is feeling sorry for himself.  Eva always telling Cary off and snapping him out of his funk.  I'm sure she will do that again.  As far as Cary being the only one still F'd up that is not true.  Eva ran again and she knows IMO that she should sit down and talk the situation over with Gideon.  He is a very wealthy man.  He has enemies that he made in business and he has enemies left over from his father.  Eva has to know she can't work for a company that will support his competitors.

Totally agree with you here! We also need to remember that we have no proof that Brett knew anything about the sex tape before Gideon & Eva found out about it.

Don't get me wrong he's a sleeze for wanting to capitalise on it now he has it, but it would be significantly worse if he had been involved in the recording of people behind their backs! The real creep is Sam Yimara.

I'm not sure how you can say that.  The way I understand the conversation Brett had a copy of the tape and he is still working with Yimara. "Sam told me you were going to try this.  That tape is none of your business.  It's between me and Eva."  

I think Corinne & Brett are equally evil but in different ways.  They are both trying to manipulate and cause emotional pain. 

I'm not sure how you can say that. The way I understand the conversation Brett had a copy of the tape and he is still working with Yimara. "Sam told me you were going to try this. That tape is none of your business. It's between me and Eva."

I think Corinne & Brett are equally evil but in different ways. They are both trying to manipulate and cause emotional pain.

Sam told Brett that Gideon was going to try to buy Brett's rights to the tape. He was correct Gideon did try to do just that. A week or so after he bought out Sams rights. So technically Sam can no longer do anything with the tape. He has signed away all rights to it and therefore given up all copies etc. He could be sued for millions if he were caught doing anything with that tape now!!!

However that doesn't prove that they have been working together recording people in private situations. All that proves is that they are in contact now which we knew because Sam gave Brett a copy of the tape. I'm not saying Brett didn't know it was happening. We don't know that for a fact but likewise we don't know he was aware of it either.

Given that the rest of the band were also filmed in compromising positions it seems unlikely IMO.

To me the two most evil characters are Corrine and Anne. Anne is a sicko. Psychotic and it wouldn't surprise me if she is Corrine's therapist. My daughter is a therapist and I know that anyone worth anything in that field would know immediately if meds were wrong. It wouldn't surprise me if Anne misprescribed on purpose to cause Corrine to go nuts. That said, I think Corrine is evil and does not want anyone to have Gideon if she can't. If she was 4 months pregnant when she miscarried, she and Giroux were still together before she came back to the U.S. Could it be possible she was here to see her parents and when she heard about Eva decided to go after Gideon again? As long as he was seeing one nighters who looked like her, she was happy. Eva was another story. (How creepy why he dated brunettes!)

Cary is protective and needy. He is not a bad guy.

Still want to know about Monica. She definitely has a story.

To me the two most evil characters are Corrine and Anne. Anne is a sicko. Psychotic and it wouldn't surprise me if she is Corrine's therapist. My daughter is a therapist and I know that anyone worth anything in that field would know immediately if meds were wrong. It wouldn't surprise me if Anne misprescribed on purpose to cause Corrine to go nuts. That said, I think Corrine is evil and does not want anyone to have Gideon if she can't. If she was 4 months pregnant when she miscarried, she and Giroux were still together before she came back to the U.S. Could it be possible she was here to see her parents and when she heard about Eva decided to go after Gideon again? As long as he was seeing one nighters who looked like her, she was happy. Eva was another story. (How creepy why he dated brunettes!)

I agree on everything. I'm very curious about Monica. 

Did they ever say in the books why Corrine was at Crossfire that day and looking like she had just had a romp (the day Gideon fought with Nathan)?

I LOVE the evolution of Gideon's relationship with Ireland.  When they tell each other their conversations are the "highlight" of each others day, that is priceless.  This is the same seventeen year old he had nothing to say to in Bared to You.  He feels badly about the time he missed as a big brother so he steps in give her temporary sanctuary from her parents' problems. It is just one more reason to love Gideon Cross. 

I found it hard to accept Corinne did not know she was four months pregnant.  I know it happens but her explanation was one of the few things that did not work for me.

I agree, Anne is the poster child AND dictionary definition of "sicko".  I still feel Gideon's receptionist is somehow related to Anne and Hugh's family not only because she is a redhead but because she harbors negative feelings toward Eva.

I thought we would get some insight into Monica's preoccupation with money.  Eva had asked Gideon to look into it in Entwined With You but no significant information has been given yet.

Hi,

I finally finished reading CBY but I am still listening to it.  I just read/skimmed (PHEW) through everything posted and thought a lot about what everyone said.  I have a few thoughts/questions myself. 

-I loved hearing about Gideon's love and admiration for his Father, that was truly touching and humanizing.

-Ireland was a bright spot in this book, I loved how she turned to Gideon at times when she needed him, I loved that she harassed and teased him, but mostly I love that she loved him for him.  He hasn't has much of any part of the last 17 years of her life, but it shows the kind heart that she does have, to just except him and to teach him how to be a brother.  It also shows Gideon's true heart that he is opening himself up to her and allowing himself to love someone, especially a family member.

-I have a huge amount of respect for Chris, like someone else said, he never questioned what Eva told him, he believed her immediately. I do not believe for one moment that he had any prior knowledge of the abuse.  He and Gideon have seemed to always get along and have a mutual respect for each other.  Where I am confused about, is why did he leave Elizabeth?  I think that staying together, he could help educate Elizabeth and help her heal herself and her relationship with Gideon.  I have always felt that the reason that Elizabeth believed Dr. T Lucas and never dealt with the reality of Gideon's abuse was because she was hurting too much and knowing that she allowed this to happen to her son was too much to accept and handle.  I think that Chris could do AMAZING things and I felt disappointed that he walked away from her.

-As for Magdalene and Corrine, I loved the Maggie we are seeing now.  She seems more mature, more settled, more confident and happier.  I really hope that she and Eva continue to grow closer, it means a lot to Gideon and I think she can be a wonderful friend and confidant for the two of them.  As for Corrine, she makes me sad.  I am still confused if she is or is no getting a divorce.  I also don't know what her book would be about, she and Gideon dated in college, from what we know their relationship was one of convenience and timing.  If I understand correctly, the only "kinky" encounters Gideon had (prior to Eva) was with Anne, so Corrine has nothing seething and dirty to report, again they were college students.

-I was disappointed in Gideon when he commented to himself, something along the lines, of waiting or hoping that Eva will realize that Cary is not good for her.  Whether Gideon likes or gets along with Cary or not, he knows the importance that Cary plays in Eva's life.  He knows that Cary is like her brother, I have commented in here before that I am not sure Cary is always the best friend to Eva and I still believe that, however friends are there for the long haul, just like every relationship there are good and bad times.

-When Gideon went to restaurant to talk to Clancy, it made me wonder about Clancy and his feelings/relationship with Eva.  Is Clancy looking after Eva because Stanton told him to and it is job?  Is Clancy looking after Eva for Monica, knowing that Monica is Stanton's heart? OR is Clancy looking after Eva for himself?  From the moment we met Clancy, we could tell that he had a soft spot for Eva, he defended her many times and the two of them seemed to have a special relationship.

-Lastly, I loved learning more about the people in Gideon's life.  Good, bad or indifferent, it was great seeing the people who make up his business and professional life.

Sam told Brett that Gideon was going to try to buy Brett's rights to the tape. He was correct Gideon did try to do just that. A week or so after he bought out Sams rights. So technically Sam can no longer do anything with the tape. He has signed away all rights to it and therefore given up all copies etc. He could be sued for millions if he were caught doing anything with that tape now!!!

However that doesn't prove that they have been working together recording people in private situations. All that proves is that they are in contact now which we knew because Sam gave Brett a copy of the tape. I'm not saying Brett didn't know it was happening. We don't know that for a fact but likewise we don't know he was aware of it either.

Given that the rest of the band were also filmed in compromising positions it seems unlikely IMO.

All I can say is...

If someone gave me a tape of a person I loved and that tape didn't show them in the best light I would not want it shown to the world.  In fact, like Gideon, I would do everything in my power to get all the copies of the tape to destroy them.  Brett didn't do that.  He likes the tape and he wants to use it not.  My guess is the reason he wants to see Eva is because he knows her exhibitionist side and he thinks she will allow him to show the more explicit parts of the tape.  Gideon knows her exhibitionist side so he takes her behind two way mirrors where she can see the crowd but the crowd can't see her.  He doesn't tape her.

Sam was commissioned to record the band.  We don't know if he was requested to capture them having sex but he was commissioned to record the backstage activities.  The band knew what went on back stage. Brett and the whole band planned to make money when the tape was released.  Sam gave Brett a heads up but Brett already had a copy of the tape. 

I know a lot of people are Team Brett but I'm not one of them. 

-When Gideon went to restaurant to talk to Clancy, it made me wonder about Clancy and his feelings/relationship with Eva.  Is Clancy looking after Eva because Stanton told him to and it is job?  Is Clancy looking after Eva for Monica, knowing that Monica is Stanton's heart? OR is Clancy looking after Eva for himself?  From the moment we met Clancy, we could tell that he had a soft spot for Eva, he defended her many times and the two of them seemed to have a special relationship.

Clancy is married.  I don't think his affection for Eva is anything more than protector.  He knows what Nathan did to her.  Also he is feeling guilty because he dropped the ball and didn't pay attention to Cary which led to Cary being almost beaten to death.  When Eva asked him how far he would go to protect his family he said he would do anything.  Like Angus, I think Clancy is more than an employee.  He is more like family.

Clancy is married.  I don't think his affection for Eva is anything more than protector.  He knows what Nathan did to her.  Also he is feeling guilty because he dropped the ball and didn't pay attention to Cary which led to Cary being almost beaten to death.  When Eva asked him how far he would go to protect his family he said he would do anything.  Like Angus, I think Clancy is more than an employee.  He is more like family.

Sharon,

Sorry that I didn't make my comment/question clearer.  I do realize that Clancy is married, I was thinking more of a child like care than romantic.  What I was trying to get to the bottom of whether Clancy's feelings of care for were because it is his "job" since she is Stanton's step-daughter or was he doing it because he himself cares, maybe even loves (like a child) Eva.  I agree that he probably does feel guilt for what happened to Cary.  As far as I am concerned Angus is a HUGE reason Gideon is the man that he is, I love how dedicated both Clancy and Angus are to their respective jobs and I think the families that they work for know how lucky they are to have such strong men.

All I can say is...

If someone gave me a tape of a person I loved and that tape didn't show them in the best light I would not want it shown to the world.  In fact, like Gideon, I would do everything in my power to get all the copies of the tape to destroy them.  Brett didn't do that.  He likes the tape and he wants to use it not.  My guess is the reason he wants to see Eva is because he knows her exhibitionist side and he thinks she will allow him to show the more explicit parts of the tape.  Gideon knows her exhibitionist side so he takes her behind two way mirrors where she can see the crowd but the crowd can't see her.  He doesn't tape her.

Sam was commissioned to record the band.  We don't know if he was requested to capture them having sex but he was commissioned to record the backstage activities.  The band knew what went on back stage. Brett and the whole band planned to make money when the tape was released.  Sam gave Brett a heads up but Brett already had a copy of the tape. 

In EWY Sam Yimarra is described at the band's wannabe videographer. I dont think he was commissioned by 6/9 to do anything he was basically just a groupie/videographer/voyeur getting off on filming people fu$$ing and trying to fit in . Now the fact that 6/9 has made it big gives him the opportunity to reap financial gain. Brett Kline thought the existence of the video would break up Gideva and when that didnt work he wants to use the tape as a publicity stunt for 6/9 but at the same time turn the knife in Gideon. He wins both ways. The loser in all this is Eva because that video is the ultimate testament to the girl she was before ; a girl she desperately wants to forget. Hopefully Gideon was successful in destroying all the copies.... And I'm sure that Arse Christopher Jr has watched it ...he wants to turn the knife in Gideon too:(. :(

Totally agree with your theory about Anne being Corrine's shrink. I think her plan all along was to drive Corrine to kill herself as payback for his role in making Hugh kill himself and payback for him using her sexually. She must have known Gideon's father killed himself when he was a kid because of how infamous the death was and she probably recognized his emotional problems were rooted in his father dying. What an evil way to screw him up even more by making him feel responsible for Corrine killing herself and an evil way to make the world think he's a monster to women just like Terry Lucas swears he is.

About Corrine coming back to New York, she already was calling Gideon daily from France before he met Eva. She already decided leave her husband and was about to fly to New York when Gideon told her over the phone he met someone, he had that phone call with her right after he left Eva at the advocacy center dinner. Corrine cancelled her flight but then a couple of weeks later she came back anyway. Or so Corrine claimed when she messed with Eva's mind the first time. My guess is the viral video of GidEva passionately arguing is what made Corrine decide to go for it go back to New York and start manipulating him in person instead of by phone. I noticed Captivated by You mentions that video of GidEva a few times.

I reread the part in Bared to You where Eva met Corrine and the part in Reflected in You where she got a call from Maggie the next day and some things jumped out that made me connect some dots about Corrine's tell-all book. That night Corrine was playing "remember when" reminding Gideon of places they used to go many years ago. Maybe her book is supposed to be more of this ploy because she can include pictures of them together at places.

There was something weird in the part when Corrine was stroking her neck when telling Eva how intense Gideon used to be scared her. Eva thought Corrine touching her neck was unconsciously remembering a necklace she wore. What if it was something else, like a collar? I can't see Gideon tying her up but I can see him experimenting with something like trying a collar when he was exploring being a dom during sex. I have a theory the sex started out vanilla but slowly changed when it wasn't enough for him. Maybe Corrine forcing him to get engaged made him feel he was losing control of life and it triggered him sexually. When he talked to Eva about the engagement he blame the break-up on sex but thought the problem was the hotel and he wouldn't stay the whole night. What if the real sex problem for Corrine was at some point they passed her comfort level or at least she felt she couldn't keep him satisfied.  

All I can say is...

Even if band members knew Sam liked to capture videos backstage the people they were screwing did not know and so were not consenting and so it was a crime. Gideon threatened to find more sex recording victims and get Sam sent to prison and that is how he scared Sam to sign the contract giving up any right to use his videos of Six Ninths. Brett is being a scum by refusing to give up his own rights to use old video of himself for commercial purposes. All the video isn't illegal, just the sex parts. I used to be on Team Brett thinking he was doing nothing wrong but trying to win back Eva when she was giving him false hope by sending mixed messages. Now I don't like him and want him gone forever from her life.

I disagree with you completely.  You are right Cary and Eva support each other.  Their relationship is like a sibling relationship.  Eva can talk to Cary about things she can't talk to anyone else.  Eva's family accept Cary into their family like a member of the family.  That is the relationship they have.  Cary has told Eva on a couple occasions that he wants her and Gideon to work out. 

Is Cary having a hard time right now?  Yes!  He sees himself making one mistake after another.  He loves Trey but he is forever bound to Tat via a baby.  Eva takes care of Cary and so does her mother and Stanton. 

Regarding Cary's reaction to Eva telling him they eloped.  Cary witnessed Gideon's nightmares.  They are violent.  He is afraid for Eva physically.  Eva said that Cary had violent nightmares that's why she approached Gideon carefully.  Cary wants Gideon to work on his problems because he doesn't want Gideon to get caught in a nightmare and punch or rape Eva.  That is a valid concern. 

Someone else mentioned Cary not letting Eva know that Brett's band was Six Ninths.  That was a practical joke.   He didn’t know she was going backstage.  He didn't know he was setting up a fight between Gideon and Brett.  If they had just gone to the concert Cary would have teased Eva about the shock. 

I believe that Cary is so depressed right now that he is feeling sorry for himself.  Eva always telling Cary off and snapping him out of his funk.  I'm sure she will do that again.  As far as Cary being the only one still F'd up that is not true.  Eva ran again and she knows IMO that she should sit down and talk the situation over with Gideon.  He is a very wealthy man.  He has enemies that he made in business and he has enemies left over from his father.  Eva has to know she can't work for a company that will support his competitors.

Hi  I just finished Bared To You and at the last page there was a Topic of discussion  .. Sylvia said that Carys' character was dependent on Eva .. emotionally and financially. I know Cary and Eva was bestfriends and like families but the fact was that he got worst and whatever he was doing was affecting Evas' and he don't listened to her. I got it though, he was depressed, but he was refusing to accept help , he avoided it and on confrontation in CBY .. Cary accused Eva of not being there anymore.. instead he was dragging himself and Eva on a emotional turmoil. 

With regards to Gideon's nightmare, he said that he never had  as much these nightmares before Eva but when she told Gideon about Nathan  and when Nathan reappeared and met with Gideon .. His nightmares got worst, triggered by stressed, worries and fear for Eva mixed with his own past and anger.  Gideon made the initiative to sleep separately from Eva , so he was fully aware of what might happened and he doesn't want to hurt Eva unintentionally

In  EWY  & CBY.. his nightmare wasn't violent  but tormented, haunted and painful.

I disagree, Eva left because she felt betrayed  and she did not run. She asked Gideon for a space , to think things before she say anything damaging . I did understand this .. when I read about Gideon offering Mark a job behind Evas' back , I was 100% sure it would be  the  culprit  of their biggest fight because its important to Eva  to be asked and  not kept in the dark specially if it involved her or her freedom to say "NO" or "YES" .  This was Gideon failure , to be able to communicate to her . His need to control the outcome thinking about  her safety and happiness was kind of his weakness.  

I dislike Eva thinking she cant forgive Gideon about this because that was only minor problem compared to the rest of what they have encountered. Her stubbornest and resistance to what comes along  being a wife of a wealthiest man is kind of frustrating. She can use it in her advantage that wouldn't appear her to be a trophy wife and like her mother. Gideon has been supportive of her and open for her to grow as a career woman. 

Oh my God, I really wish we know where is book  5 coming out. 

All I can say is...

Me too .. I wasn't on Team Brett at all.. and why there was  Team Brett ???? Does people dont a Gideon and EVA HAE.. Im confused.. 

I reread the part in Bared to You where Eva met Corrine and the part in Reflected in You where she got a call from Maggie the next day and some things jumped out that made me connect some dots about Corrine's tell-all book. That night Corrine was playing "remember when" reminding Gideon of places they used to go many years ago. Maybe her book is supposed to be more of this ploy because she can include pictures of them together at places.

There was something weird in the part when Corrine was stroking her neck when telling Eva how intense Gideon used to be scared her. Eva thought Corrine touching her neck was unconsciously remembering a necklace she wore. What if it was something else, like a collar? I can't see Gideon tying her up but I can see him experimenting with something like trying a collar when he was exploring being a dom during sex. I have a theory the sex started out vanilla but slowly changed when it wasn't enough for him. Maybe Corrine forcing him to get engaged made him feel he was losing control of life and it triggered him sexually. When he talked to Eva about the engagement he blame the break-up on sex but thought the problem was the hotel and he wouldn't stay the whole night. What if the real sex problem for Corrine was at some point they passed her comfort level or at least she felt she couldn't keep him satisfied.

If not a collar then possibly held her by the throat? It does look as if Gideon has been violent in some way in the past, he intimated that he had been worse with Anne due to the Hugh resemblance, but perhaps those comments about using his money was buying women off not to talk about what he did with them. Up to the start of this book we only had Eva's thoughts and things Gideon revealed to her to go on, and we know he had not opened up to her about his full past. She's worked out that he has experience of a sex swing so there must be more. Anne intimates that he flogged her into a frenzy - he must have had the tools available for that. She also says he was at her for hours so he did eventually 'get it up' with her. His response to Anne was that hundreds of women know him that way although his thoughts go on to say he had been particularly depraved with her due to Hugh.

Is it possible when he first had s** with Eva in the limousine, the big surprise to him was that he was able to function without any form of violence?

I disagree, Eva left because she felt betrayed  and she did not run. She asked Gideon for a space , to think things before she say anything damaging . I did understand this .. when I read about Gideon offering Mark a job behind Evas' back , I was 100% sure it would be  the  culprit  of their biggest fight because its important to Eva  to be asked and  not kept in the dark specially if it involved her or her freedom to say "NO" or "YES" .  This was Gideon failure , to be able to communicate to her . His need to control the outcome thinking about  her safety and happiness was kind of his weakness.  

I dislike Eva thinking she cant forgive Gideon about this because that was only minor problem compared to the rest of what they have encountered. Her stubbornest and resistance to what comes along  being a wife of a wealthiest man is kind of frustrating. She can use it in her advantage that wouldn't appear her to be a trophy wife and like her mother. Gideon has been supportive of her and open for her to grow as a career woman. 

Oh my God, I really wish we know where is book  5 coming out.

Plus Eva had her period and we know from comments in Reflected that she gets tired and cranky around that time. In CBY she doesn't say if the period began prior to her leaving or if it was about to begin, because of the s**ual activity taking place before her leaving it probably began while she was with Cary at her mother's and could explain why she took Gideon's actions over Mark in such a harsh way. That said, Gideon needed something to happen to make him open up more, particularly with Dr Peterson. Wonder if he told Dr P more about his other women?

Gideon said Corrine used to sooth him so I dont think that he experimented  with that.  Corrine said the book was about proving to him that he loved her so could be one last desperate act to remind him and get him back or could be her letting go of him. Before all these,  Corinne was about to get back to New York, on a middle of divorce and planning on getting  Gideon back but Eva came to the picture.  So that ruined her plan. She was under the assumption that Gideon wasn't on a serious relationship since her and his preference  for brunettes was likely he was hung up on her makes her delusional. Then Gideon gave her a mixed signal when he tried to make a cover story regarding Nathans' death and even after that Corinne was still oblivious of the motive .. so she kind  of gotten crazy  .. Im sure she's allowed to get mad for getting used too and Gideon admitted he was guilty . I am not making excuse for her . Making jealous of Eva (which Eva handled very bad by by the way)  - I mean every woman who doesn't want to let go would do such thing as Eva said no one would  like to settle for less.  The woman was heartbroken, confuse , had a miscarriage (Im sure she doesn't know  - because she said , she and Giroux was trying for a baby for so long ) so all of these made her crazy but at one point (I hope) in book  5  she'll come into terms that she has no  chance to revive what she had with Gideon and out love for Gideon she would leave and maybe stop the book printing .  Eva shouldn't be hurt by Gideons' past relationship with Corrine or anyone and vice versa. They have to deal this jealousy at some point. This might sound crazy,   I think the book would give a light and glimpse on how was  Gideon back then. Gideon didn't sleep with Corinne  full night so she doesn't know about the nightmare .. only she probably  knew the man whose fathers' suicide made him aloof and untouchable. 

The difference about Corrine and Brett, Corrine was crazy, irrationally, blindly inlove with Gideon and still holding on.While Brett intentionally trying to used Eva for his own benefit - because no man whose  inlove with a  woman would want to show their sex tape to his bandmates  and to the world. Ruining Gideon was part of the prize.  

Yikes, we really need book  5. lol and  We should all be scared if Anne made a book  .. lol 

In EWY .. Eva asked Clancy about how far he would go for someone he  love .. but he made a subtle replied about not far enough to kill (Its not the exact word btw but in that context ) so obviously  he knew what Gideon did  at that time and while Graves was at their back  .. she wasn't the enemy though she admired Cross that much she even knew about Crossroad foundation  .. 

Totally agree with your theory about Anne being Corrine's shrink. I think her plan all along was to drive Corrine to kill herself as payback for his role in making Hugh kill himself and payback for him using her sexually. She must have known Gideon's father killed himself when he was a kid because of how infamous the death was and she probably recognized his emotional problems were rooted in his father dying. What an evil way to screw him up even more by making him feel responsible for Corrine killing herself and an evil way to make the world think he's a monster to women just like Terry Lucas swears he is.

About Corrine coming back to New York, she already was calling Gideon daily from France before he met Eva. She already decided leave her husband and was about to fly to New York when Gideon told her over the phone he met someone, he had that phone call with her right after he left Eva at the advocacy center dinner. Corrine cancelled her flight but then a couple of weeks later she came back anyway. Or so Corrine claimed when she messed with Eva's mind the first time. My guess is the viral video of GidEva passionately arguing is what made Corrine decide to go for it go back to New York and start manipulating him in person instead of by phone. I noticed Captivated by You mentions that video of GidEva a few times.

Yes I agree that the viral video was the catalyst for Corinne to return to New York. She was probably shocked to see Gideon acting so passionately in a public setting she even mentions it at the end of CBY when Gideon confronts her about the tell all book. The Iceman certainly had thawed and Corinne saw what everyone else did ...the passionate connection between Gideva. That is when all the snakes starting coming out of their holes ; Deanna, Anne and of course Corinne.