* * CAPTIVATED BY YOU ++ SPOILER ++ CHAT * *

Kirsten

Gideon said Corrine used to sooth him so I dont think that he experimented  with that.  Corrine said the book was about proving to him that he loved her so could be one last desperate act to remind him and get him back or could be her letting go of him. Before all these,  Corinne was about to get back to New York, on a middle of divorce and planning on getting  Gideon back but Eva came to the picture.  So that ruined her plan. She was under the assumption that Gideon wasn't on a serious relationship since her and his preference  for brunettes was likely he was hung up on her makes her delusional. Then Gideon gave her a mixed signal when he tried to make a cover story regarding Nathans' death and even after that Corinne was still oblivious of the motive .. so she kind  of gotten crazy  .. Im sure she's allowed to get mad for getting used too and Gideon admitted he was guilty . I am not making excuse for her . Making jealous of Eva (which Eva handled very bad by by the way)  - I mean every woman who doesn't want to let go would do such thing as Eva said no one would  like to settle for less.  The woman was heartbroken, confuse , had a miscarriage (Im sure she doesn't know  - because she said , she and Giroux was trying for a baby for so long ) so all of these made her crazy but at one point (I hope) in book  5  she'll come into terms that she has no  chance to revive what she had with Gideon and out love for Gideon she would leave and maybe stop the book printing .  Eva shouldn't be hurt by Gideons' past relationship with Corrine or anyone and vice versa. They have to deal this jealousy at some point. This might sound crazy,   I think the book would give a light and glimpse on how was  Gideon back then. Gideon didn't sleep with Corinne  full night so she doesn't know about the nightmare .. only she probably  knew the man whose fathers' suicide made him aloof and untouchable. 

The difference about Corrine and Brett, Corrine was crazy, irrationally, blindly inlove with Gideon and still holding on.While Brett intentionally trying to used Eva for his own benefit - because no man whose  inlove with a  woman would want to show their sex tape to his bandmates  and to the world. Ruining Gideon was part of the prize.  

Yikes, we really need book  5. lol and  We should all be scared if Anne made a book  .. lol

At this point I do not believe the tell all will be published. I think it is possible Corinne may back out but more likely I think Gideon will move heaven and earth to stop it even as someone mentioned earlier; buying the publishing company...

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that Clancy said "how far wouldn't I go".  Meaning that he would do what ever was necessary to protect someone he loved.  He had already said that protecting her wasn't just a job.  That was just my opinion and I may be mistaken!!

On another subject - did anyone else feel that when Gideon could remember his dream at the end of the book  it shows that he was mentally starting to heal.  I didn't think he could remember any of his dreams or nightmares before. 

I thought that Clancy said "how far wouldn't I go". Meaning that he would do what ever was necessary to protect someone he loved. He had already said that protecting her wasn't just a job. That was just my opinion and I may be mistaken!!

On another subject - did anyone else feel that when Gideon could remember his dream at the end of the book it shows that he was mentally starting to heal. I didn't think he could remember any of his dreams or nightmares before.

I think Gideon always remembered his dreams. He was just to embarrassed and upset to recount them. Having said that I think Gideon dreaming and sharing is certainly helping him begin the healing process. The long term goal here is to have the nightmares stop and him and Eva sharing a bed.

At this point I do not believe the tell all will be published. I think it is possible Corinne may back out but more likely I think Gideon will move heaven and earth to stop it even as someone mentioned earlier; buying the publishing company...

I cant imagine how many millions Gideon have spent already clearing up all these messes and buying properties as well  ..   :)  Poor guy really need a happy ending and Eva need to sort herself in book  5 and stopped being stubborn and just make the man happy without a fight and resistance. At this rate Im beginning not to care about her "individuality"  .. (btw currently rereading RIY .. and I dislike Eva a lot  in these book) 

I cant imagine how many millions Gideon have spent already clearing up all these messes and buying properties as well  ..   :)  Poor guy really need a happy ending and Eva need to sort herself in book  5 and stopped being stubborn and just make the man happy without a fight and resistance. At this rate Im beginning not to care about her "individuality"  .. (btw currently rereading RIY .. and I dislike Eva a lot  in these book) 

Preach! I understand Eva wanting her independence but at some point she has to realize she is dating/married to the one of the wealthiest and publicized men. She needs to understand that she has to sacrifice too in order for them both to be happy.  

Im going to add my 2 cents.

Corrine;   was Gideons first sex.. I think it was just that.. I also think the time of about 4 years was right about them together. age Im saying he was about 25 when he walked away from her.

when she went to his office giving it her all to have him take her back ,when he falt out said no she started talking about the book, she flat out said Im going make you remember you loved me.. the chic is fryed.

yes she needs to go. and I do think she and mummy are chatting it up,and Anne is feeding her the pills.

Christopher..  Gideon should of kicked his butt, bet he couldn't..I get it. but the comment he made about Eva Bl0wing the guys on the street you know he has seen that video and is filling everyone's head badly.

Im still sticking to my thoughts about Christopher being raped too.

Cary.. I think he is SO jealous of Eva. when I read the "Anne in the building thing" someone wrote it ran through my mind if that's why he is cutting.. guilt being he is talking to anne..she defiantly seeked him out to get to eva..OMG I scrolling Im not sure if I saw it or not..Cary is seeing Anne as his shrink? that would explain

why she wore the wig

I love Arash..

I love Arnaroldo too, come on he is his best friends and only looking out for him. Gideon ( in his mind) said that A tossed him a look that I need to talk to you after the meeting with Corinne in Tab 1.

Anne.. I knew it was anne in the Dinner with the long hair wig.. Holly the crap the stuff that came out of her mouth in her office make me think she is the one that Gideon into BDSM

I wonder if good ol Doc Lukas is too,and that's WHY he was warning eva to get away from Gideon?????

Im glad we found out about the magazine and the brunette thing.

Clancy:  I said from day 1 it was him and his brother and the mafia thing wasn't going to be anything but a cover.

I also thinks he see's eva like family.

Shelly told Eva what she thought because she knew they would be worried about who helped cover the murder up

Gideon hid things from her the whole book.. in my eyes NOT saying something is lying.

he gave her crap about trying to protect her but him not saying anything why would she even think anything was wrong . I would of been angry about the job thing too.

I knew Brett knew about the tape the whole time. I think he is a jerk for showing the band. and I love Gideon showed us his emotions when he thought Eva was with Brett. I liked how he made Eva see it too.

loved the sister friendship building.

I was right on with the Magumie thing. I had said that would bring them closer.

I the book was all over the place, it is definitely one you need to re read to catch stuff.

I absolutely never liked Brett.  Never.  I think he knew about the video and the video reminded him of Eva and that is why he wrote GOLDEN.  Eva was all over the tabloids via Gideon.  Great PR for a song from a new group.  If he supposedly loved her, it wouldn't have taken him so long to find her.  

Still think Corrine's decision to come back was linked to Eva appearing in Gideon's life.  The passion in the viral tape probably made her see what C and G never had.  

I was surprised Chris left Lizzie also.  One didn't seem to follow the other.  Unless he felt like she had been lying to him.  That could be it.

I have been married for 38 years.  I tell my husband most things, but not everything.  Sometimes I try to work things out in my head before I bring up the topic.  Gideon should have told Eva about Landon as soon as she mentioned the possible ad thing but I forget whether she told him before or after they got it.  Time sensitive stuff for Gideon's business.  The poor guy had so much on his plate.  He was supposed to be running this huge conglomerate and it seemed that his time was spent keeping Eva safe.  Give the guy a break.  Yeah, I can see her being annoyed and a fight ensuing but I do not see why she left.  I'm glad they will work things out.  ;-)

just finished rereading CBY and I have a few concerns.

page 223 "is that a threat, Anne?" Absolutely, "it's time to pay and your billions won't cover the debt". Wonder if she knows that Gideon threatened Hugh and that is why he killed himself. Hopefully Anne doesn't know about the abuse, that would really make her a whack job. She has to think;, she could lose everything, job, career etc. Now that Dr. Peterson knows what Hugh did, maybe he will have the Health community look into Anne's practice as Gideon hinted to on page 224.

Don't think Brett is out of the picture yet..Chris Sr said that Brett and him agreed to do the Golden video over again. Christopher is not keen on this idea and the money needed to redo it. Brett still has some feelings for Eva.

Have a awful feeling that Christopher will push himself on Eva, because he has seen the sex video and thinks that Eva will do anything with anyone. Maybe now Eva will be able to use her Krav Maga on someone....Break his nose etc.

Loved, loved this book, even the sad parts, can't wait for OWY to come out. Sylvia mentioned after the holidays some time frame will be put into place. Noticed on her homepage at Sylviaday.com that OWY is not listed as coming soon.

just finished rereading CBY and I have a few concerns.page 223 "is that a threat, Anne?" Absolutely, "it's time to pay and your billions won't cover the debt". Wonder if she knows that Gideon threatened Hugh and that is why he killed himself. Hopefully Anne doesn't know about the abuse, that would really make her a whack job. She has to think;, she could lose everything, job, career etc. Now that Dr. Peterson knows what Hugh did, maybe he will have the Health community look into Anne's practice as Gideon hinted to on page 224.Don't think Brett is out of the picture yet..Chris Sr said that Brett and him agreed to do the Golden video over again. Christopher is not keen on this idea and the money needed to redo it. Brett still has some feelings for Eva.Have a awful feeling that Christopher will push himself on Eva, because he has seen the sex video and thinks that Eva will do anything with anyone. Maybe now Eva will be able to use her Krav Maga on someone....Break his nose etc.Loved, loved this book, even the sad parts, can't wait for OWY to come out. Sylvia mentioned after the holidays some time frame will be put into place. Noticed on her homepage at Sylviaday.com that OWY is not listed as coming soon.

Hi jmhope totally agree about Chris Jr trying to force himself on Eva ; i have a feeling Eva will use her Krav Maga on him but she will keep it a secret from Gideon...I just keep thinking OWY is going to have to be at least 500 pages to settle all the issues going on in this series ... We havent even got a hint as to Mommyca's backstory although I think that will be revealed when making the actual guest list for the wedding and if she decides to include her family... As I said at this point I dont believe 500 pages is enough. That was a very serious threat from Anne and I think Raul needs to watch her as closely as Clancy watched Nathan...

Corrine;   was Gideons first sex.. I think it was just that.. I also think the time of about 4 years was right about them together. age Im saying he was about 25 when he walked away from her.

when she went to his office giving it her all to have him take her back ,when he falt out said no she started talking about the book, she flat out said Im going make you remember you loved me.. the chic is fryed.

yes she needs to go. and I do think she and mummy are chatting it up,and Anne is feeding her the pills.

Christopher..  Gideon should of kicked his butt, bet he couldn't..I get it. but the comment he made about Eva Bl0wing the guys on the street you know he has seen that video and is filling everyone's head badly.

Im still sticking to my thoughts about Christopher being raped too.

Cary.. I think he is SO jealous of Eva. when I read the "Anne in the building thing" someone wrote it ran through my mind if that's why he is cutting.. guilt being he is talking to anne..she defiantly seeked him out to get to eva..OMG I scrolling Im not sure if I saw it or not..Cary is seeing Anne as his shrink? that would explain

why she wore the wig

I love Arash..

I love Arnaroldo too, come on he is his best friends and only looking out for him. Gideon ( in his mind) said that A tossed him a look that I need to talk to you after the meeting with Corinne in Tab 1.

Anne.. I knew it was anne in the Dinner with the long hair wig.. Holly the crap the stuff that came out of her mouth in her office make me think she is the one that Gideon into BDSM

I wonder if good ol Doc Lukas is too,and that's WHY he was warning eva to get away from Gideon?????

Im glad we found out about the magazine and the brunette thing.

Clancy:  I said from day 1 it was him and his brother and the mafia thing wasn't going to be anything but a cover.

I also thinks he see's eva like family.

Shelly told Eva what she thought because she knew they would be worried about who helped cover the murder up

Gideon hid things from her the whole book.. in my eyes NOT saying something is lying.

he gave her crap about trying to protect her but him not saying anything why would she even think anything was wrong . I would of been angry about the job thing too.

I knew Brett knew about the tape the whole time. I think he is a jerk for showing the band. and I love Gideon showed us his emotions when he thought Eva was with Brett. I liked how he made Eva see it too.

loved the sister friendship building.

I was right on with the Magumie thing. I had said that would bring them closer.

I the book was all over the place, it is definitely one you need to re read to catch stuff.

Hi agoodbook I am on my third read and I plan to pay particular attention to the Anne and Cary parts ...I know all of us on the forum love to love Cary but I am unfortunately leaning toward thinking he is seeing Anne as a shrink and/or fu$$ing her. If this is true I hope to God he continues to keep Eva's confidences as he always has . But even though Eva considers Carey a brother I do believe he is jealous of Gideon's place in her life. Eva is moving on and Carey is not. In fact he seems to be seriously backpedaling with his two relationships and possibly the baby. And I really dont think he should have agreed to live in the penthouse...Gideva could have arranged some other living situation for him. Most of us do not live with our brothers when we are married. I realize Eva and Carey support each other but they dont have to live together to do it. Eva needs to let go a little because she actually enables Carey and prevents him from living a "real life" independent of her and her financial means. Gideon and Eva need the alone time as a newly married couple. Gideon doesnt want to come home and see Eva relaxing on the couch with her best friend. He wants to come home to his wife waiting for him and I cant blame him. I just wonder how long Gideon will be able to keep his mouth shut...I feel a major battle brewing over this one. :(

Hi jmhope totally agree about Chris Jr trying to force himself on Eva ; i have a feeling Eva will use her Krav Maga on him but she will keep it a secret from Gideon...I just keep thinking OWY is going to have to be at least 500 pages to settle all the issues going on in this series ... We havent even got a hint as to Mommyca's backstory although I think that will be revealed when making the actual guest list for the wedding and if she decides to include her family... As I said at this point I dont believe 500 pages is enough. That was a very serious threat from Anne and I think Raul needs to watch her as closely as Clancy watched Nathan...

don't think Clancey kept too good an eye on Nathan...he got to Cary and nobody saw that coming. I do think that Clancy has incriminating evidence against Gideon and his involvement in the murder; page 268...if you hurt Eva in anyway, you have a problem whether I am breathing or in the grave....get my meaning?

Hopefully Cary isn't that stupid to take up with Anne....supposedly he researched Terry Lucas, hopefully there were pictures of Lucas and wife together. He knows how concerned Eva was the night of the fancy dinner and him almost doing stuff with her.

I think Christine Leaman followed the GidEva relationship all along from the paparazzi picture of the kiss on the sidewalk to the tabloids going nuts that morning about the engagement and I think she also connected the dots about how the agency landed the Kingsman account so quickly and easily. When she swung by Eva's desk in Chapter 2, I think she was on a fishing expedition to see if  the baby rumors were true. Maybe she wondered, OK, Gideon says he wants to marry Eva but weeks ago the tabloids were speculating similar things about him and Corrine. Was Eva maybe on the fast track to broken engagement too, flavor of the week, or just how serious was it? How did that affect the agency for good? .

Eva was referring to Kingsman Vodka campaign  ..

Maybe Eva thinks Christine will believe Page Six about a baby being on the way!

I think Christine Leaman followed the GidEva relationship all along from the paparazzi picture of the kiss on the sidewalk to the tabloids going nuts that morning about the engagement and I think she also connected the dots about how the agency landed the Kingsman account so quickly and easily. When she swung by Eva's desk in Chapter 2, I think she was on a fishing expedition to see if  the baby rumors were true. Maybe she wondered, OK, Gideon says he wants to marry Eva but weeks ago the tabloids were speculating similar things about him and Corrine. Was Eva maybe on the fast track to broken engagement too, flavor of the week, or just how serious was it? How did that affect the agency for good? .

Yes, remember the scene takes place before the phone call from Monica where Eva learns that her engagement is public knowledge and that there is a baby bump speculation already out there.

Thank you everyone for your help understanding! Much appreciated!! :)

In EWY .. Eva asked Clancy about how far he would go for someone he  love .. but he made a subtle replied about not far enough to kill (Its not the exact word btw but in that context ) so obviously  he knew what Gideon did  at that time and while Graves was at their back  .. she wasn't the enemy though she admired Cross that much she even knew about Crossroad foundation  .. 

I disagree.  Clancy wasn't subtle at all...

"Do you have a girlfriend, Clancy?"

"I'm married."

I felt like an a$$ for not knowing that.  What was she like, the woman married to such a hard, somber man?  A man who wore a jacket year-round to hide the sidearm he was never without.  Did he soften for her and show her tenderness?  Was he fierce about protecting her?  Would he kill for her?

"How far would you go to keep her safe?: I asked him.

We slowed at a light and he turned his head to look at me.  "How far wouldn't I go?"

He made a point to turn and look at Eva.  He would kill. 

According to Gideon in BTY He met Corinne his first year at Columbia so he would be 18 or 19 depending on when he started college. He went on to say "I guess you could say we dated.  We were exclusive sexually and we often ended up going to the same places as a couple. Still, when she told me she loved me, I was surprised.  And flattered.  I cared about her. I enjoyed spending time with her." ....

"I didn't want her to be with anyone else. So I said yes when she proposed."  

...."After two years of hanging out, we'd never spent the night together."  "And maybe when she broke it off after a year,"...  My guess is Gideon was 21 or 22 when they called it quits and still in college.  There friendship continued but their relationship was 3 years.

When should we start the chapter reviews with the corresponding chapter pictures? I've finished my re-read but I'm all over the place with questions and comments ! Lol.

Like when Gideon says that he would've taken both the groupies who came on to him backstage at 6/9th concert... teach them a lesson ...and remembering how other women reached into the hotel drawers to get a condom ....how many had he been with?? How aggressive was he?

And for Eva.. Why does the manager of 6/9 th have Eva's email? Why would she want to remain friends w Brett ? How would that be ok for ANYONE?? It took seeing him w her look-a-like to realize what? The fact that Gideon told her that he took care of the tape has got to be the only reason why that hadn't come up in conversation w Brett before he showed her the pic at Bryant Park...right?? How is that not her first thought when she saw Brett in Cali ??

Idk, I'm pretty frustrated.

Cary seems just so ungrateful . Gideon is giving him his apartment on Fifth Ave for free..and offers to redecorate...he comes back w snippy remarks rather than thanks? I wouldn't accept the renovation at the very least...he's getting so much.

Great thought ...who ever said Anne was seeing him! I could see that! She slipped him her number maybe? Or she contacts him somehow? Maybe she practices under her maiden name? How creepy if she was in their apartment .

I'd reall love to know what victor and Gideon talk about. I wonder how much Victor really knows.

I have to remember that this is all fictional lol...

Sharon,

Sorry that I didn't make my comment/question clearer.  I do realize that Clancy is married, I was thinking more of a child like care than romantic.  What I was trying to get to the bottom of whether Clancy's feelings of care for were because it is his "job" since she is Stanton's step-daughter or was he doing it because he himself cares, maybe even loves (like a child) Eva.  I agree that he probably does feel guilt for what happened to Cary.  As far as I am concerned Angus is a HUGE reason Gideon is the man that he is, I love how dedicated both Clancy and Angus are to their respective jobs and I think the families that they work for know how lucky they are to have such strong men.

Hey Fayeth,

You're right.  In EWY after Eva argued with Clancy because he was tracking her she apologized and said

"Hey I'm sorry I took it out on you.  You were doing a job and you didn't deserve to get bit.h at for it." 

Clancy responded "You're not just a job, Miss Tramell."  

I don't think it is ever mentioned but I got the impression that Staton told Clancy Eva's story.  I also remember a conversation about his siblings and my guess is he looks on her as a sibiling more than a child.  Of course it is possible that he sees the young child who was abused and wants to protect that child. 

Chris sr is my new favorite character ... Well him and Ireland :)

I wonder what conversation Gideon thought Liz and Chris where having that Gideon thought was about the abuse .

I thought about the dinner conversation that Gideon heard a lot.  It is possible that there was a conversation about the therapists' session one day and Gideon thought they were talking about him.  He had to be very embarrassed and withdrawn after every session and the embarrassment was compounded after he told his mother about the abuse.  He had to pull into himself more and tune out the people around him.  It is possible in that situation he only heard part of a conversation and thought his mother told Chris when she was actually talking about something else.

I absolutely never liked Brett.  Never.  I think he knew about the video and the video reminded him of Eva and that is why he wrote GOLDEN.  Eva was all over the tabloids via Gideon.  Great PR for a song from a new group.  If he supposedly loved her, it wouldn't have taken him so long to find her.  

Still think Corrine's decision to come back was linked to Eva appearing in Gideon's life.  The passion in the viral tape probably made her see what C and G never had.  

I was surprised Chris left Lizzie also.  One didn't seem to follow the other.  Unless he felt like she had been lying to him.  That could be it.

I have been married for 38 years.  I tell my husband most things, but not everything.  Sometimes I try to work things out in my head before I bring up the topic.  Gideon should have told Eva about Landon as soon as she mentioned the possible ad thing but I forget whether she told him before or after they got it.  Time sensitive stuff for Gideon's business.  The poor guy had so much on his plate.  He was supposed to be running this huge conglomerate and it seemed that his time was spent keeping Eva safe.  Give the guy a break.  Yeah, I can see her being annoyed and a fight ensuing but I do not see why she left.  I'm glad they will work things out.  ;-)

Eva did not tell Gideon about Landon placing a job at their agency but she weighted  her loyalty to Gideon  which was a good sign. I think she has to leave  because she was really mad and we need reason to kick Gideon Arse hard. Him fearing to death that Eva would not come back and forgive him forced him to open up to Dr. Petersen. What I dont like was Eva feeling like she cant forgive Gideon over that. She said Gideon took away that freedom .. errm did she forget Gideon gave her freedom back  when he killed Nathan . There was a part of me that I understand about Gideon , Him controlling everything means controlling the outcome. Time was an essence and things were moving fats one after the other. However , I think it was Evas' fault too. Her telling him she wasn't pushing  and we'll wait for him to be ready but deep down she was resenting him already so at the end of the day Eva was a ticking time bomb too. So I guess when she said about being honest, she should push Gideon even if they fight  because its the only way she can help him . Gideon would do everything for her  , hasn't she know it by now so she might as well used it . 

Me too.. Im hoping Corrine will come to her senses and get a proper therapist . 

I thought that Clancy said "how far wouldn't I go".  Meaning that he would do what ever was necessary to protect someone he loved.  He had already said that protecting her wasn't just a job.  That was just my opinion and I may be mistaken!!

On another subject - did anyone else feel that when Gideon could remember his dream at the end of the book  it shows that he was mentally starting to heal.  I didn't think he could remember any of his dreams or nightmares before. 

Yeah I think so too. Sometimes our mind has the power to suppressed memories. Those that we dont want to remember  . I think by opening to Dr. Petersen, his giving him self to open this wound  and deal with it.

I disagree.  Clancy wasn't subtle at all...

"Do you have a girlfriend, Clancy?"

"I'm married."

I felt like an a$$ for not knowing that.  What was she like, the woman married to such a hard, somber man?  A man who wore a jacket year-round to hide the sidearm he was never without.  Did he soften for her and show her tenderness?  Was he fierce about protecting her?  Would he kill for her?

"How far would you go to keep her safe?: I asked him.

We slowed at a light and he turned his head to look at me.  "How far wouldn't I go?"

He made a point to turn and look at Eva.  He would kill. 

Im revisiting this one  :)