* * CAPTIVATED BY YOU ++ SPOILER ++ CHAT * *

Kirsten

Is it possible when he first had s** with Eva in the limousine, the big surprise to him was that he was able to function without any form of violence?

Before Eva he'd never had consensual sexual activity of any sort anywhere other than in his eph pad room. But he was so hot for Eva the first time he got her alone dragging her up to his office that he pawed her on his couch and who knows how far they would have gone if his assistant hadn't called on the intercom to say his appointment was there. Gideon even said words to the effect of he couldn't believe what he was doing in his office in the middle of the day. The second time was in Eva's apartment a few hours before their first date and in CBY inside his head we learn he'd wanted her to bad in her apartment he didn't restrain himself until he could get her into his hotel room. But he didn't allow himself to come in her apartment. He did come in the limo and it was one of the ways his world changed because of her.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can totally understand why Chris Sr would leave Elizabeth for not telling him about Gideon's abuse.

As he mentioned, he's never seen Gideon as a step-son but as much of a son as he sees Chris Jr.

That's a HUGE thing to keep from a parent. He took it as her not disclosing abuse about Chris Jr. or Ireland.

He may also be resentful on Gideon's behalf for Elizabeth not believing him.

He may have left to get some space or he may have left for good. Either way I can understand.

I can totally understand why Chris Sr would leave Elizabeth for not telling him about Gideon's abuse.

As he mentioned, he's never seen Gideon as a step-son but as much of a son as he sees Chris Jr.

That's a HUGE thing to keep from a parent. He took it as her not disclosing abuse about Chris Jr. or Ireland.

He may also be resentful on Gideon's behalf for Elizabeth not believing him.

He may have left to get some space or he may have left for good. Either way I can understand.

Hi GoshDarnit yes Chris Sr has really stepped up to the plate... I think his guilt over this will be hard to shake; and the betrayal by Elizabeth is huge but down the road I see a reconciliation as long as there is some type of acknowledgement on her part and amends made to Gideon and Eva. I think in the future they will sell the Vidal estate as it holds too many ugly memories for Gideon and now for themselves. I think Chris will not want to break up his family and at the very least he will stay with his wife for Ireland.

does anyone think that maybe chris left her because he maybe thought it could of happened to Christopher as well?

While that's possible I don't think its even the main issue. Chris left her because she never told him about the possibility of abuse. She left him completely out of the loop and therefore removed his opportunity to investigate himself, or to help Gideon through a difficult time. And based on Chris' reaction now, he would have believed Gideon without question. He wouldn't have asked some random Dr for an opinion and taken their word as gospel. He would have at the very least ended the opportunity for further abuse - we still don't know the timeline of when Dr Terry saw Gideon & whether or not the abuse continued beyond him telling Elizabeth that Gideon was lying....

does anyone think that maybe chris left her because he maybe thought it could of happened to Christopher as well?

Interesting idea Christopher might have been sexually abused too. It would explain some of his own issues including the willingness to sometimes sexually exploit women and his anger at his brother. Christopher acts like a jerk and Gideon has been no angel either (before his Angel). Legacy of childhood abuse for both men? At the very least Chris now knows a sexual predator had been under his roof at a time when there were two boys in the household so Elizabeth's attitude endangered both her sons. Not Ireland though, she was a newborn at the time. Maybe this explains why the boys are messed up but she's very healthy. She never got abused.

Me too . Chris Sr and Gideons' confrontation made me teary actually. 

Honestly. that was one of my favourite scenes in the book!

Ireland wasn't born yet.

I think Chris Sr is ###### because he wasn't told AND horrified that Lizzy didn't believe Gideon. Of course I'm sure he's also wondering about whether or not Christopher was also abused.

I meant in general. He could possibly think that if she's willing to withhold one child's admission of abuse then she could possibly do so for all the kids.

They've been married for many years and there are many people who the kids could have come in contact with over those years.

I think the fact that he wasn't made aware of Gideon's admission hurt him deeply. The fact that she didn't believe him probably disgusted/disappointed him

We don't know a lot about the Vidal marriage. It could be that this revelation about the abuse was the straw that broke the camel's back. Lizzie is all about appearances. Maybe Chris just had enough.

I understand Eva being upset that Gideon hired Mark, but I am hoping in OWY we finally see her come to terms with why G did what he did. G cannot run to Eva with every problem. She already realized she couldn't work on that campaign. Maybe she is just too young to really get how much crap G has to deal with in one day and how he has to make snap decisions and doesn't have time to discuss everything. She has to cut him some slack here. Geez, he killed for her. Dealt with the tape for her. Even Cary living with them is something most men would never do. G isn't perfect by any means but the guy is trying. If, however, his fear of losing Eva was the catalyst to him opening up to Dr. P then it was all worth it. That scene plus Chris opening up to G are the 2 most powerful in the book to me.

Re Eva not telling Gideon about the Landon project - she had no reason to until he told her that Landon was 'out to get him' - up to then it was just another client. He has told her that he can be a target but looks like that really has not sunk in - but can you blame her, so much has happened for her in so little time. Her mind is on helping Cary, putting her mother in her place and sorting out a wedding, and her biggest hurdle is getting Gideon to talk about his past. Gideon was always convinced she would leave when he finally told all which is now showing in his nightmares. I too believe when he told her in the past he did not remember what he had dreamt, that was truly the case, a lot of dreams/nightmares are not recalled once we wake and I'm pretty sure one of the longer term members of this forum had looked into Gideon's nightmare problem and read that things are not recalled. They are very mixed up nightmares, some truth, some imaginary events but scary as when you wake and remember what you dreamt.

Hopefully book 5 has GidEva forming a strong bond from the outset, and assuming it will only cover a short time period again, that all those women crawl right out of the woodwork and fail in their attempts to hurt the two of them. I know we're also wondering about Cary/Tatiana/Trey, Victor and Monica, Chris and Liz, but those situations will hopefully dealt with as quickly as the bracelet/Nathan and Megumi scenarios and that the detail is given over to Anne, Corrine, Christopher and Gideon's mother.

We don't know a lot about the Vidal marriage. It could be that this revelation about the abuse was the straw that broke the camel's back. Lizzie is all about appearances. Maybe Chris just had enough.

I understand Eva being upset that Gideon hired Mark, but I am hoping in OWY we finally see her come to terms with why G did what he did. G cannot run to Eva with every problem. She already realized she couldn't work on that campaign. Maybe she is just too young to really get how much crap G has to deal with in one day and how he has to make snap decisions and doesn't have time to discuss everything. She has to cut him some slack here. Geez, he killed for her. Dealt with the tape for her. Even Cary living with them is something most men would never do. G isn't perfect by any means but the guy is trying. If, however, his fear of losing Eva was the catalyst to him opening up to Dr. P then it was all worth it. That scene plus Chris opening up to G are the 2 most powerful in the book to me.

You make a good point about us not knowing much about the Vidal marriage ...One of my unanswered questions from BTY is at the garden party when Gideon makes that curious statement to his mother about Carey...Gideon says " I thought you might like him " just remember he's Eva's friend mother and that makes him mine as well... So maybe Elizabeth wasnt always faithful to Chris Sr and the marriage is not truly a happy one ... What do you all think?

You make a good point about us not knowing much about the Vidal marriage ...One of my unanswered questions from BTY is at the garden party when Gideon makes that curious statement to his mother about Carey...Gideon says " I thought you might like him " just remember he's Eva's friend mother and that makes him mine as well... So maybe Elizabeth wasnt always faithful to Chris Sr and the marriage is not truly a happy one ... What do you all think?

I was just thinking of that. I still have so unanswered questions from the past 3 books too. 

What was Corrine doing that day at Crossfire when Gideon fought Nathan?

Eva mentioned writing a thesis in the first book but hasn't talked about her education since. Something I've been thinking about since she talks about her career so much.

Of course, Gid's comment to Elizabeth at the garden party.

And pretty much everything about Anne. 

I'm afraid the 5th book will have to pretty long for me to get all my answers and my HEA. 

I have been thinking a lot about Corrinne and the book.  As I listened to and read the sit down that she and Gideon had at Tableau One, someone kept hitting me.  I don't think that Corrinne neccesarily wants her diary and whatever else she wrote, to be turned into a book.  What she wants is Gideon to read it and remember "their love," and to get closure.  By getting published, it doesn't guarantee that Gideon or Eva will ever read it.  The smarter thing, if her true goal is for Gideon to read it, would be to take his offer pending that he actually reads the book. 

If she really is a private person, why would she open herself up, knowing that is a chance her might just have Arash or someone else read it to fact check the book.

Re Eva not telling Gideon about the Landon project - she had no reason to until he told her that Landon was 'out to get him' - up to then it was just another client. He has told her that he can be a target but looks like that really has not sunk in - but can you blame her, so much has happened for her in so little time. Her mind is on helping Cary, putting her mother in her place and sorting out a wedding, and her biggest hurdle is getting Gideon to talk about his past. Gideon was always convinced she would leave when he finally told all which is now showing in his nightmares. I too believe when he told her in the past he did not remember what he had dreamt, that was truly the case, a lot of dreams/nightmares are not recalled once we wake and I'm pretty sure one of the longer term members of this forum had looked into Gideon's nightmare problem and read that things are not recalled. They are very mixed up nightmares, some truth, some imaginary events but scary as ###### when you wake and remember what you dreamt.

Hopefully book 5 has GidEva forming a strong bond from the outset, and assuming it will only cover a short time period again, that all those women crawl right out of the woodwork and fail in their attempts to hurt the two of them. I know we're also wondering about Cary/Tatiana/Trey, Victor and Monica, Chris and Liz, but those situations will hopefully dealt with as quickly as the bracelet/Nathan and Megumi scenarios and that the detail is given over to Anne, Corrine, Christopher and Gideon's mother.

After seeing how detailed Eva was when she did research for Gideon (when she was trying to get ahead of Deanna) I find it hard to believe that Eva didn't realize that Landon was a big competitor of Gideon's.  She might not know his family's history with G. Cross but she would know all of Lancorp's competitors.  You have to have that information to prepare a decent campaign.  I might not share everything that happens at work with my husband/fiance/boyfriend but I would certainly mention to him that I have a job working on his main competitor for a certain product.  Why didn't Eva say something to Gideon before he even offered Mark a job?

I'm honestly upset with Eva in this book. 

After seeing how detailed Eva was when she did research for Gideon (when she was trying to get ahead of Deanna) I find it hard to believe that Eva didn't realize that Landon was a big competitor of Gideon's.  She might not know his family's history with G. Cross but she would know all of Lancorp's competitors.  You have to have that information to prepare a decent campaign.  I might not share everything that happens at work with my husband/fiance/boyfriend but I would certainly mention to him that I have a job working on his main competitor for a certain product.  Why didn't Eva say something to Gideon before he even offered Mark a job?

I'm honestly upset with Eva in this book.

Certainly cant disagree with you there Sharon. Eva's research did in fact uncover that the GenTen was the major competitor of Phaze One in Chapter 12. Eva did have major concerns at this point thinking that she would be helping one of Gideon's competitors steal his market share and that made Eva feel guilty knowing how hard Gideon worked. That was also the day she was meeting with Brett so she pushed this issue aside for another day...it was just a matter of time before this issue came to the surface especially since Raul told Gideon that Eva had lunch with Ryan Landon. Eva was in denial about the entire career woman versus Mrs.Gideon Cross issue and Gideon offering Mark a job just brought the issue to the forefront. It came back to bite Eva in the arse...she couldnt be in denial any longer!!

I was just thinking of that. I still have so unanswered questions from the past 3 books too. 

What was Corrine doing that day at Crossfire when Gideon fought Nathan?

Eva mentioned writing a thesis in the first book but hasn't talked about her education since. Something I've been thinking about since she talks about her career so much.

Of course, Gid's comment to Elizabeth at the garden party.

And pretty much everything about Anne. 

I'm afraid the 5th book will have to pretty long for me to get all my answers and my HEA.

Corinne showed up at the Crossfire that day because she saw Gideon run after Eva at the fund raiser and she knew that he never previously acted that way with women. She knew Gideon was truly in love with Eva and she was desperate to break that connection. She was just popping in to see Gideon hoping they could do lunch but even at this point he had begun pushing her aside knowing it would upset Eva so he never saw her and after that he had his hands full with Nathan. That is why Angus took her home because he was waiting for Gideon to take him to lunch but he never went due to his altercation with Nathan...Corinne was in denial at this point...

Re Eva not telling Gideon about the Landon project - she had no reason to until he told her that Landon was 'out to get him' - up to then it was just another client. He has told her that he can be a target but looks like that really has not sunk in - but can you blame her, so much has happened for her in so little time. Her mind is on helping Cary, putting her mother in her place and sorting out a wedding, and her biggest hurdle is getting Gideon to talk about his past. Gideon was always convinced she would leave when he finally told all which is now showing in his nightmares. I too believe when he told her in the past he did not remember what he had dreamt, that was truly the case, a lot of dreams/nightmares are not recalled once we wake and I'm pretty sure one of the longer term members of this forum had looked into Gideon's nightmare problem and read that things are not recalled. They are very mixed up nightmares, some truth, some imaginary events but scary as ###### when you wake and remember what you dreamt.

Basically , Evas'  focus wasn't Gideon afterall when in fact Gideon focus was her . Half of his time  he was clearing the messes or making her happy  -( Nathans' death, Brett Kline, the sex video, selling the hotel that she called his fuckpad, etc)  whilst protecting her . and Evas' job was to push harder for him to open up . So I really hope book  5  -- Eva will focus to his husband and really take good care of him.

Certainly cant disagree with you there Sharon. Eva's research did in fact uncover that the GenTen was the major competitor of Phaze One in Chapter 12. Eva did have major concerns at this point thinking that she would be helping one of Gideon's competitors steal his market share and that made Eva feel guilty knowing how hard Gideon worked. That was also the day she was meeting with Brett so she pushed this issue aside for another day...it was just a matter of time before this issue came to the surface especially since Raul told Gideon that Eva had lunch with Ryan Landon. Eva was in denial about the entire career woman versus Mrs.Gideon Cross issue and Gideon offering Mark a job just brought the issue to the forefront. It came back to bite Eva in the arse...she couldnt be in denial any longer!!

Yeah , me too.I think Eva wants openess but she never do the same with Gideon though  .Even Gideon admitted  that he failed to see Ryan approaching the agency because  -- lets be honest the guy has too much  on his plates and majority of those issues were because of Eva .. Now. Im beginning to dislike Eva  (and the fact that Im rereading Reflected in you as of this writing and I dislike Eva in this book)  as we continue to dissect this  lol  .. 

arash nailed it.. He said you used to poke at him a couple times a week....he said to Gideon you may be aware of whats going on but your NOT paying attention. Gideon even makes a comment to himself about Landon once again looking over at his building but Gideon had his back turned.

Gideon also said to himself he missed how simple it was to be focused on work and not everything else.

Honestly Im sick to death of the woodwork skanks. lets move along with our love story and answer the questions, Not make us ask new ones

I have been thinking a lot about Corrinne and the book.  As I listened to and read the sit down that she and Gideon had at Tableau One, someone kept hitting me.  I don't think that Corrinne neccesarily wants her diary and whatever else she wrote, to be turned into a book.  What she wants is Gideon to read it and remember "their love," and to get closure.  By getting published, it doesn't guarantee that Gideon or Eva will ever read it.  The smarter thing, if her true goal is for Gideon to read it, would be to take his offer pending that he actually reads the book. 

If she really is a private person, why would she open herself up, knowing that is a chance her might just have Arash or someone else read it to fact check the book.

I think Corrine's real target audience for the book isn't Gideon. It's Eva, who was crazy jealous when the women first met and who Corrine probably thinks still neurotic about it. When she signed the book contract she probably fooled herself into thinking the book will make Eva pull another one of her runners. Think about it, especially if she exaggerates in the book how she broke the engagement not Gideon. Plays up the fact (lie, really) that if he had his way originally, the two of them would now be married. I hope Gideon's talk with her at the restaurant made her change her mind. What's the good in driving Eva away if the book also drives Gideon away? Or at the least maybe Gideon managed to scare Corrine, because he threatened to make her sorry if she went through with it. I bet that was the first time she ever heard him threaten her. I hope it turns out to be the last time he ever saw her left at the table when he walked out on her.

Arash wouldn't be the one to fact check, it would HAVE to be Gideon and she knows this.

Publishing the book is the only way to ensure that Gideon reads it. She could hand him her diaries and he could simply chuck it in the garbage or the fire. In order for him to take any legal steps like she KNOWS he's want to, he'd have to read it and provide proof that a specific thing is false.

By trying to find proof that whatever she wrote was false, he'd have to think back to the time it happened. She's counting on that. Her plan is actually a good way of getting him to remember. If Gideon was in a different state (i.e he loved her, was torn between the two women etc) she's actually have a shot of getting some positive attention. All this will do though is just prove to Gideon that Corinne was never the woman for him.

I think Corrine's real target audience for the book isn't Gideon. It's Eva, who was crazy jealous when the women first met and who Corrine probably thinks still neurotic about it. When she signed the book contract she probably fooled herself into thinking the book will make Eva pull another one of her runners. Think about it, especially if she exaggerates in the book how she broke the engagement not Gideon. Plays up the fact (lie, really) that if he had his way originally, the two of them would now be married. I hope Gideon's talk with her at the restaurant made her change her mind. What's the good in driving Eva away if the book also drives Gideon away? Or at the least maybe Gideon managed to scare Corrine, because he threatened to make her sorry if she went through with it. I bet that was the first time she ever heard him threaten her. I hope it turns out to be the last time he ever saw her left at the table when he walked out on her.

Correct as well. 

She knows that the relationship though intense is fairly new. She also knows they fight quite a bit. Corrine probably thinks that Eva will indeed run away or feel threatened by what he had with her.

Arash wouldn't be the one to fact check, it would HAVE to be Gideon and she knows this.

Publishing the book is the only way to ensure that Gideon reads it. She could hand him her diaries and he could simply chuck it in the garbage or the fire. In order for him to take any legal steps like she KNOWS he's want to, he'd have to read it and provide proof that a specific thing is false.

By trying to find proof that whatever she wrote was false, he'd have to think back to the time it happened. She's counting on that. Her plan is actually a good way of getting him to remember. If Gideon was in a different state (i.e he loved her, was torn between the two women etc) she's actually have a shot of getting some positive attention. All this will do though is just prove to Gideon that Corinne was never the woman for him.

Correct as well. 

She knows that the relationship though intense is fairly new. She also knows they fight quite a bit. Corrine probably thinks that Eva will indeed run away or feel threatened by what he had with her.

It doesn't help matters that up to now, Gideon keeps breaking down to see Corrine and all that does is send a mixed message that if she cries out for his attention she'll get it. Think about it. When he ended the charade of dating her he told her they could still have some sort of long distance contact but no more spending time together. When he quit taking her phone calls she showed up at the Crossfire and got him to come to down to the lobby. Then more crazy stalking got him to go see her at her apartment to talk about her depression meds. She took the overdose and he went to the hospital. Then after she got out and went to the Crossfire again he brought her into his office because he felt bad for her because of the miscarriage. But he told her he was engaged so no more contact. The tell-all book is her latest stunt and look what he did. He called her to arrange to meet at the same restaurant he took her to weeks earlier when he started spending time with her.

Know what I think he should have done? Sent Arash to the restaurant instead. Send a clear message and quit sending the mixed message that if only she tries hard enough she can get Gideon to see her.