* * CAPTIVATED BY YOU ++ SPOILER ++ CHAT * *

Kirsten

There is something that has been bugging me about the book that I hope you guys could help me figure out. When Eva is going to San Diego and the whole Brett thing comes up, Gideon tells her that she needs to tell Brett that they're married. And then later, when he confronts Brett, he shows him the picture of their private wedding. Here's my thought, if that is the tactic that Gideon is using to get Brett to back off, why not use the same thing to get Corinne to back off? Corinne is pulling out all the stops as a last ditch effort, couldn't Gideon tell her that they eloped and that she should stop trying as it's too late? Why tell Brett but not Corinne? I know a big part of her story is that she's acting out of character and as you guys have astutely predicted, she may be Anne Lucas' patient which would explain a lot. But still, if they told her that they were married maybe she would pack her stuff and go back to her husband and just quit trying to eff everything up.

Hi Tenacious,
Welcome to the forum. :)

I read your comments and was thinking that dealing with Corinne in such a direct manner might only make her more unstable.  When I read the books and read how both Gideon and Corinne had interpreted their relationship, there was a huge disparity between the two.

It is my understanding that Corinne may blame herself on some level for the demise and breakup of her relationship with Gideon.  She may have seen only what she wanted to see with the problems during her relationship with Gideon.  Gideon was never honest with Corinne about how he felt about her and the relationship.

Gideon never confided in Corinne about his childhood abuse or about his peculiarities when it came to s*x or about his inability to be able to spend any length of time with her alone.  Corinne may have attributed Gideon's  lack of ability to emotionally be able to connect as a quirk.  She may not have noticed that Gideon's behaviour as not normal or she may have directly decided to look the other way when it came to his behaviour.

By anyone's standards; Gideon is the ultimate catch.  He is extremely wealthy, is very good looking and is great in bed.  I don't that it is lost on Corinne that once she has had such an "ultimate catch" I am not sure if anyone else will ever compare (at least from all external appearances). 

There has been much heated debated on how much courtesy should be afforded to Corinne.  I am of the adage that Gideon owes Corinne the truth, although at this point, I am not sure how much good it will do.  Corinne doesn't seem mentally stable and I am not sure if she would even be able to process the fact that her relationship with Gideon was never meant to be.  It would be my hope that somehow Corinne would understand that no matter what she did or did not do, she would never be with Gideon and that she could let herself off the hook (if she blamed herself for the relationship breakup).

Mine is only one of many differing opinions.  In the end, I think that we will all have to wait and see how Sylvia will deal with this situation.   It would be nice to wrap up the Corinne storyline.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was Deanna with Gideon just once as mention in previous books? He tells Eva in this book she was collateral damage dealing with Anne and would have been a one night stand. I thought she was? It seems there is more to their story. She is a predator that may still be trouble for Gideon.

Also was confused when Gideon met Corrine at Arnoldo's that he admitted her voice was a soft lithe. To me he would have been too livid to remember her voice soothed him. I too am surprised he is falling into her trap and continually meeting with her. How can Corrine even be out of hospital? It has only been approximately a week and 2days since she tried to commit suicide and lost her baby. She would be under observation still. How is she stable to deal with publishers so soon?

Gideon being upset over penthouse changes confused me. I thought that is what he wanted and would bring them home to same place nightly. I loved getting his POV....dont get me started on Eva.. She was wishy washy loving him to the point of panic in San Diego and telling him she'll never leave to doing just that. I'm surprised that her reason for leaving was her job. After all he has done for her.. They could have talked it out. She annoyed me.

Hi Shan12,

I read your comments and it is my understanding that if a person has tried to commit suicide, they may be held on a 72 hour referral.  At that time, a person would be assessed as to whether he or she would pose an immediate risk to his/herself or the public.  If Corinne played her cards well, didn't act up or out, if there was some concern as to whether she had an adverse reaction to the medication that she was prescribed (i.e. the medication made her suicidal, etc.) and she agreed to an out-patient type of therapy, I think it would be very difficult for a hospital to force Corinne to remain there.

A family member, hospital staff/legal department would have to apply to the court to have her admitted against her will.  All parties would have to justify the reasons and the immediate danger that Corinne would place on herself and the public.  Given the circumstances at hand, I can't see that happening.  Forcing a person into treatment/hospital setting against their will in Canada is extremely difficult at best.  I don't think that the US would be much different. 

I agree with you about Detective Graves.  I don't like her.  At the end of the day, she is a detective and I wouldn't put it past her to try and arrest either Eva or Gideon in order to "solve" Nathan's murder and advance her professional career.  If the case of Nathan's murder had been settled, why would Detective Graves feel it necessary to personally visit Eva and have a conversation with her?  Could it be that Nathan's murder hasn't quite been settled so nicely?  Could Detective Graves be one of those potential threats lurking in the shadows?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! :)

I feel the same say about Detective Graves. I hope Gideon is right when he tries to reassure Eva after she met the Detective at the gym. I don't understand what the purpose is, to calm Eva down or is it a hidden threat? I'm not sure if we have seen the last of her yet... On the other hand, Clancy is looking out for Eva and have her best interests in mind, (and an arrest of Gideon would certainly hurt her) don't you think he has done his job properly when he took care of that russian mob? Correct me If I'm wrong, but haven't Clancy (with og without his brother in FBI?) been at the crime scene after Gidon killed Nathan?

What do you all think? Best wishes for the holidays to all of you :)

Hi Shan12,

I read your comments and it is my understanding that if a person has tried to commit suicide, they may be held on a 72 hour referral. At that time, a person would be assessed as to whether he or she would pose an immediate risk to his/herself or the public. If Corinne played her cards well, didn't act up or out, if there was some concern as to whether she had an adverse reaction to the medication that she was prescribed (i.e. the medication made her suicidal, etc.) and she agreed to an out-patient type of therapy, I think it would be very difficult for a hospital to force Corinne to remain there.

A family member, hospital staff/legal department would have to apply to the court to have her admitted against her will. All parties would have to justify the reasons and the immediate danger that Corinne would place on herself and the public. Given the circumstances at hand, I can't see that happening. Forcing a person into treatment/hospital setting against their will in Canada is extremely difficult at best. I don't think that the US would be much different.

You're correct GiGi about the 72 hour hold. On top of that the psychiatrist would make the call as to whether or not the patient can be released and if we are correct in assuming Anne is the therapist here she obviously wouldn't think twice about releasing Corrine.

Hi Shan12,

I read your comments and it is my understanding that if a person has tried to commit suicide, they may be held on a 72 hour referral. At that time, a person would be assessed as to whether he or she would pose an immediate risk to his/herself or the public. If Corinne played her cards well, didn't act up or out, if there was some concern as to whether she had an adverse reaction to the medication that she was prescribed (i.e. the medication made her suicidal, etc.) and she agreed to an out-patient type of therapy, I think it would be very difficult for a hospital to force Corinne to remain there.

A family member, hospital staff/legal department would have to apply to the court to have her admitted against her will. All parties would have to justify the reasons and the immediate danger that Corinne would place on herself and the public. Given the circumstances at hand, I can't see that happening. Forcing a person into treatment/hospital setting against their will in Canada is extremely difficult at best. I don't think that the US would be much different.

You're correct GiGi about the 72 hour hold. On top of that the psychiatrist would make the call as to whether or not the patient can be released and if we are correct in assuming Anne is the therapist here she obviously wouldn't think twice about releasing Corrine.

Hi D500,

I read your comments and you raised many good questions.  It will be interesting to see how those questions will be dealt with in the final book.

When I read Gideon recount his experiences with Anne, what I was left with was just how desperate Anne was when she was actively engaged in the s*x act.  I am sorry I couldn't find the passage in the book where Gideon discussed this, somewhere during that passage he had mentioned that it was difficult for him to have s*x with Anne because she resembled her brother. If someone in the forum knows which passage I am referring to and can post it with the page numbers it would be so greatly appreciated.  :)

It will be intersting to see how Sylvia deals with Anne (if she deals with her in the final book) or if the storyline is wrapped up by the end of the series.  I have to wonder how truthful Anne's recollections were.  She was so filled with hatred and venom during her interaction with Gideon that I have to doubt that her recollections were as she recalled them. What do you think?  What does everyone think?

The meeting with Anne and Gideon was certainly an interesting scene. What I couldnt believe was how Anne actually thought Gideon may still be "attracted " to her even though we know he never was. She actually said it was good to see him and meant it!! Then she put her leg out in a provocative stance and also even made a grab for his c*** at one point.. Desperate is too mild of a word for Anne. I think this meeting really put Anne over the edge because she saw how Gideon considered her a non entity and that had to send her reeling...

Hi GLH,

I read your comments and you are correct.  What I wonder is how long it will take Eva to come to terms with those ideas though.  Eva also has to realize and accept is that due to the fact that she is Mrs. Eva/Gideon Cross she will receive privileges and opportunities that she may not have otherwise received (for many years in some cases) due to the fact that she is married to one of the most powerful men in New York.

I think that the difference between Eva and Ivanna is; Eva struggles and rebels against the very notion of using Gideon's connections and being honest about how she has received many opportunities as a result of being linked/married to Gideon Cross. Ivanna proudly used her husband's name and his initial connections to get her foot in the door and made a huge success of herself. Therein lies the difference.

I agree with you about Detective Graves.  I don't like her.  At the end of the day, she is a detective and I wouldn't put it past her to try and arrest either Eva or Gideon in order to "solve" Nathan's murder and advance her professional career.  If the case of Nathan's murder had been settled, why would Detective Graves feel it necessary to personally visit Eva and have a conversation with her?  Could it be that Nathan's murder hasn't quite been settled so nicely?  Could Detective Graves be one of those potential threats lurking in the shadows?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! :)

Gideon didnt appear worried about Detective Graves visit with Eva so I think he feels that everything is wrapped up and so does Clancey ; what I think is off about Detective Graves is that she asked to be invited to the wedding... I thought that was rather forward and inappropriate and WEIRD!!!

If Anne is Corrines therapist. Do you think she's pushing Corrine towards Gideon by manipulating her, even presenting some kind of conspiracy theories? If Anne wants revenge, is she willing to use her patients for it?

Yes I think she is willing to use her patients; she's completely lost the plot!!!

Hi Tenacious,

I read your comments and was thinking that dealing with Corinne in such a direct manner might only make her more unstable.  When I read the books and read how both Gideon and Corinne had interpreted their relationship, there was a huge disparity between the two.

It is my understanding that Corinne may blame herself on some level for the demise and breakup of her relationship with Gideon.  She may have seen only what she wanted to see with the problems during her relationship with Gideon.  Gideon was never honest with Corinne about how he felt about her and the relationship.

Gideon never confided in Corinne about his childhood abuse or about his peculiarities when it came to s*x or about his inability to be able to spend any length of time with her alone.  Corinne may have attributed Gideon's  lack of ability to emotionally be able to connect as a quirk.  She may not have noticed that Gideon's behaviour as not normal or she may have directly decided to look the other way when it came to his behaviour.

By anyone's standards; Gideon is the ultimate catch.  He is extremely wealthy, is very good looking and is great in bed.  I don't that it is lost on Corinne that once she has had such an "ultimate catch" I am not sure if anyone else will ever compare (at least from all external appearances). 

There has been much heated debated on how much courtesy should be afforded to Corinne.  I am of the adage that Gideon owes Corinne the truth, although at this point, I am not sure how much good it will do.  Corinne doesn't seem mentally stable and I am not sure if she would even be able to process the fact that her relationship with Gideon was never meant to be.  It would be my hope that somehow Corinne would understand that no matter what she did or did not do, she would never be with Gideon and that she could let herself off the hook (if she blamed herself for the relationship breakup).

Mine is only one of many differing opinions.  In the end, I think that we will all have to wait and see how Sylvia will deal with this situation.   It would be nice to wrap up the Corinne storyline.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Yes I think that Corinne is torturing herself believing that her big mistake was breaking off the engagement with Gideon . She really believes that if she hadnt of done that they would still be together. She is in denial about Gideon's feelings for Eva . But now he has told her the facts and didnt sugar coat it so she needs to let go . I dont see how her tell all book can help this to occur. She really thinks that if she makes Gideon remember what they had together through this book that he will come back to her . As someone mentioned earlier he should just tell her that he is already married. This could possibly give her the jolt she needs to snap out of her delusional state if that is possible.

If Anne is Corrines therapist. Do you think she's pushing Corrine towards Gideon by manipulating her, even presenting some kind of conspiracy theories? If Anne wants revenge, is she willing to use her patients for it?

I think Anne will stop at nothing to hurt Gideon. hath no fury..,

Hi everyone, I am a new member and love the entire Crossfire series.  My thoughts about Captivated by You is that I loved Gideon's perspective. I too was frustrated with Eva in the fact that I understand she wants to maintain her independence from Gideon (though how I don't know as he is a rich, public figure).  She can forgive her mother and Carey anything but with Gideon she is quick to call a break after everything he has done for her.  Why can't she be more understanding in that he is trying to protect her.  I understand she wants to be in the loop on everything but sometimes that can't happen.  She should really cut him some slack.  

Anne is definitely a wacko and am wondering what she plans on doing.  Corrine needs to get a life and just leave Gideon alone.

I can't wait for book 5!

I urge anyone who hasnt tried the Audible version of the series to at least give CBY a try. The scene with Chris Vidal and Gideon in the penthouse was the most dramatic of all the scenes so far IMO. The dialogue was riveting and the narrator does a fine job of conveying all the emotion from both men. It was really hard to listen to but at the same time you didnt want to miss a word.

Haven't heard audio but I have to agree that is the most memorable and intense scene in the book. One of the best in the series.

I wondered the exact same thing. Glad you brought it up.

Some friends of mine are quick to jump on Eva whenever it comes to Brett but Gideon has made countless mistakes with Corrine (not even talking about his fake dating scenario with her). The whole first book, whenever Corrine called, Gideon came running. It made me so mad to read that. They both make mistakes with exes and they need to work these issues out. And soon.

Gideon cant tell Eva or anyone the fake dating . It would ruined his alibi regarding Nathans ' death. 

I dont remember Gideon  kept running to Corrine (except when she called during the gala  - but Gideon explained  to her why? he has to make Corrine understand he found someone already )  so you lost me  there  lol ..  It was Corinne always making a surprise  visit in Crossfire and Gideon just handling her with respect as an old flame. Gideon and Corrine did not part in bad terms . Gideon has said himself that Corrine sooth him during that time it wasn't just enough for him to love her.  and Gidoen was a good person he knows if he done wrong to someone and he would feel guilty about it. Just like he used Corinne as an alibi to protect Eva  - so all he is feeling about Corinne was guilt. 

Gideon cant tell Eva or anyone the fake dating . It would ruined his alibi regarding Nathans ' death. 

I dont remember Gideon  kept running to Corrine (except when she called during the gala  - but Gideon explained  to her why? he has to make Corrine understand he found someone already )  so you lost me  there  lol ..  It was Corinne always making a surprise  visit in Crossfire and Gideon just handling her with respect as an old flame. Gideon and Corrine did not part in bad terms . Gideon has said himself that Corrine sooth him during that time it wasn't just enough for him to love her.  and Gidoen was a good person he knows if he done wrong to someone and he would feel guilty about it. Just like he used Corinne as an alibi to protect Eva  - so all he is feeling about Corinne was guilt.

Totally agree ...

In One with You I really hope  Eva would resigned  at the ad agency and start the Crossroad project and work with Gideon  because she has to realize wherever she goes she'll be a target.   Even if Mark stayed  to complete the Lancorp project, the moment Eva left .. Lancorp will pull out. its not a done deal yet because they haven't done the RFP  it just a prelim meeting. I would think that Gideon offer  would still be open for Mark  or he might give another account to the agency to make up for the lost of Lancorp account.  and that would make  Eva not guilty for leaving  - thinking the agency lost a big account because of her .  What I love about Gideon , he clean the messes  neatly and  benefits anyone that has been between the firing line. 

But then I wonder if Landcorp was really a big threat or Sylvia just showing us a side of Gideon corporate world ..  and how it would make  him and Eva as a team.

Hi everyone, I am a new member and love the entire Crossfire series.  My thoughts about Captivated by You is that I loved Gideon's perspective. I too was frustrated with Eva in the fact that I understand she wants to maintain her independence from Gideon (though how I don't know as he is a rich, public figure).  She can forgive her mother and Carey anything but with Gideon she is quick to call a break after everything he has done for her.  Why can't she be more understanding in that he is trying to protect her.  I understand she wants to be in the loop on everything but sometimes that can't happen.  She should really cut him some slack.  

Anne is definitely a wacko and am wondering what she plans on doing.  Corrine needs to get a life and just leave Gideon alone.

I can't wait for book 5!

I would really feel like Eva should forget about independence  for the meantime while all these are happening  because they have to work as a team and Im getting tired of her temper. Did anyone notice she always snapped at Gideon ..  

I have seen two reviews of CBY (one on Good Reads, one on Amazon so could be the same person) where there is criticism of grammar and typographical errors in the book.

I used to proof read/amend documents as part of my job and I cannot say I spotted even one typo, and the grammar read ok to me - did anyone spot anything that I may have missed?

On Good Reads some of the reviewers who are of the 'it's a filler/rushed/nothing happening and too much sex' point of view think those who give 5 stars and think the book did have plenty happening are lieing. I for one would be telling the truth if I said I found CBY to be a good book and that there was plenty happening - Gideon's POV letting us see more of his character, the scenes where they do actually gel as a couple (which make it more unbelievable when Eva does run), their inter-action with Eva's dad, Cary, Ireland. The glimpses of Gideon's relationships (Corrine, Anne, his mother), the scenes with Chris Vidal Snr and the short one with Vidal jnr, there is sex in the book - there would have to be as this couple's main relationship is through sex - but I did not think the sex dominated the story, and some of it was necessary to see how Gideon was gaining Eva's trust in those matters (and sadly then losing it over not consulting her).

In regards to Corrine's health..mental and physical, I thought she would be out of the picture longer than she was. They would have to evaluate her kidney, liver functions for harm from overdosing. Also she would have obstetrical issues since she lost her baby at 4 months along. I thought she would have been too devastated at the moment to pick up her craziness so soon after her suicide attempt. I'm actually feeling Corrine is in need of major help. She really is very ill. She so desperate to have him back she hasn't even grieved for the baby she and Giroux wanted so badly. A tiny piece of my heart breaks for her.

In One with You I really hope  Eva would resigned  at the ad agency and start the Crossroad project and work with Gideon  because she has to realize wherever she goes she'll be a target.   Even if Mark stayed  to complete the Lancorp project, the moment Eva left .. Lancorp will pull out. its not a done deal yet because they haven't done the RFP  it just a prelim meeting. I would think that Gideon offer  would still be open for Mark  or he might give another account to the agency to make up for the lost of Lancorp account.  and that would make  Eva not guilty for leaving  - thinking the agency lost a big account because of her .  What I love about Gideon , he clean the messes  neatly and  benefits anyone that has been between the firing line. 

But then I wonder if Landcorp was really a big threat or Sylvia just showing us a side of Gideon corporate world ..  and how it would make  him and Eva as a team.

If you remember Arash talking to Gideon ... He said that Gideon used to poke at Lancorp at least once a week!! This is a case of Lancorp poking at Gideon; the sleeping giant so to speak. Well, messing with Eva has woken Gideon from his slumber so Lancorp better watch out because Gideon wont let it pass a second rime LOL!!

Hello everyone, I’m new to the group and have enjoyed reading everyone’s comments and opinions. In anticipation of the release of CBY, I re-listened to the first 3 books  and I think I’m ready to contribute my opinions as well, so here it goes:

Gideon: I enjoyed Gideons POV. I liked knowing what he was thinking and feeling while putting on his “steel façade†for the world, like when he negotiated with Mark on the Monday morning after his split with Eva. I was also glad that we were introduced to some of Gideon’s “friends†in this book. It gave us a look at a more relaxed side of him, but I was disappointed that none of his friends were just friends, and not employees or business associates. Arash is awesome, so glad to meet him,  but he is still Gideon’s employee. He can call Gideon on his sh*t but he still has to jump when Gideon says jump. Because of that they can never  really be “no strings attached†friends. Same with Arnaldo, yes he cares for Gideon very much, but he also owes Gideon his life for saving him after a bad break-up and financially backing him in the restaurant venture.  I think that on some level Gideon understands this and feels that without Eva he is truly alone, which would explain his sheer panic everytime he feels he may lose Eva. So glad he is opening up, even if he felt forced to. That is the only way he will heal. Hope he finds peace in the 5th book.

Eva: We have to remember that Eva is only 24 and had a difficult childhood. it is amazing that she has overcome so much and is still strong enough to go toe to toe with Gideon,  while attempting to drag him from the very dark place that he has hidden himself in for so long. But her youth and immaturity shows. For example she behaves badly in from of Arnoldo, but then is upset that he does not care for her.  She knows that Gideon has an empire and he had already told her that she should work for him so they could continue to build his empire together, but also it would eliminate the possibility of her inadvertanly working for any of his competitors. She knows this, and still either ignores or somehow does not know that that the Phaze one project  is in direct competition to her husband. That’s immature and irresponsible and naïve in the extreme. And yes Mark is talented but he is still a Junior associate and she should have known something was up because Gideon did the same thing with the Kingsman Vodka campain. Gideon offering Mark a job, knowing that It would result in Eva losing hers, was maybe not the best approach, but he is a ruthless business man and is not used to asking for permission before making a business decision. I can understand her fury but she should have already realized that life as she knew it to that point is essentially over as soon as she said “I doâ€. And honestly would she have said “Sure Gideon go ahead and offer my boss a jobâ€. Duh!! Of course not. That would have caused a huge fight as well. I understand Sylvia had to create a catalyst to force Gideon to finally open up, but I do hope we see some growth in Eva in the 5th book as she is getting tiring. And frankly I don’t enjoy seeing Gideon on his knees.

Brett: I do believe that Brett was manipulated by Christopher from the moment Eva was outed as the Golden girl, so I feel a bit bad for him in that respect. I think Brett thinks he has real feelings for Eva. I don’t think that his bad judgment about the video was done out of real greed, but out of manipulation by both Christopher and his band mates. Given Eva’s behavior in their past he may truly believe that she will be ok with the video. That he did not anticipate Eva’s reaction shows how little he truly knows her. I think he will make one last attempt, but will realize quickly that there is no hope.  There are just too many larger story lines to be resolved and I think, or hope this one will be resolved quickly.   I do think Brett will go some distance in redeeming himself with  re Christopher, and he has already taken steps in that direction by demanding that the video be re-done.

Cary: He was much more damaged than Eva because rather than a mom who swept in to remove the threat the way Monica did with Nathan, Cary’s damage was directly caused by his mother. Major damage. Eva was the first person who cares for him despite his beautiful packaging and the bonus was a new mom, Monica. I think that Cary’s pride, what he has managed to build of it, is taking a hit since moving to New York with Eva. I think the apartment and Monica and Richard’s generosity does weigh on his conscience and he  feels he needs to accept Gideon’s “pity†apartment because he cannot afford to live on his own with a baby on the way, again a hit to his pride. Further, being a model, he is back to being admired and valued only for his outside packaging. His anchor, Eva, is absent. She gives him value. She has a right to her life, but Cary, being so damaged, needs more of an anchor so he is adrift and behaving badly.  Tatiana would drive anyone to madness.  I hope that is resolved in a way that everyone is not to hurt and I hope  Trey stays in the picture for Cary’s sake. Also, I think that Cary may feel a bit left behind by Eva, but in the end he is very loyal and protective of her, which would explain his sometimes hostile reactions to Gideon, even after all Gideon has done for him. If he sided with Gideon out of appreciation, then he would only be selling his allegiance to the highest bidder and that is not Cary’s style. He is Eva’s best friend and biggest champion and that will not change no matter what. The Anne and Cary connection had not crossed my mind, but it’s possible and very scary! Anne is obviously a master manipulator and Cary is mentally weak right now, she could certainly use him to get to Eva without Cary’s knowledge. 

Corinne: Grrr!!!! After attempting suicide and murdering her baby, she is after Gideon again! She probably took a cab straight from the hospital to his office. She does not even mourn her child, all she says is “ I couldn’t believe it, after trying for so longâ€. That’s it, no sadness or guilt, Just  continuing to throw herself at Gideon! Wow!! And a tell-all book will remind him of all the good times and convince him that he does really love her!! Really? Wow!! Just Wow!!!  I do believe that she knew about the baby ( how could she not)  and agree that her goal was to get Gideon compromised and pass the baby off as his. The timing would have been off, but not by as long if she had managed it as soon as she returned to NY. Obviously as time went by that seemed less likely, which is why she is not mourning the baby.  She is obviously sick!

Monica: Get’s on my very last nerve! Yes she did the right thing by saving Eva from Nathan and removing her from that home. She obviously loves her daughter and Cary very much, but really!!?? Beyond that, her life’s ambition is to be the perfect arm candy for a very rich and powerful man and making herself worth her price tag. I find her shallow and irritating. She and Victor will NEVER get back together. She could never be happy with him, period, whether she loves him or not.

Victor: I think Victor’s eyes will be open in the 5th book relative to Monica. I think he will realize that he is in love with a beautiful memory and that the reality of Monica does not match his memory of her. I hope he is finally able to move on.

Chris Vidal: His reaction to Eva’s revelation about Gideon came out of nowhere. We really don’t meet Chris after the garden party in the first book and get absolutely no feel for his relationship with Gideon, beyond a fond “we can always hope†line.  I do not always agree with Eva’s methods in defending Gideon. I realize she thought Chris knew, but regardless, the subject of Gideon’s abuse is so sensitive and she just brings it up. I was not comfortable with that.  I was, however, so glad that there is someone else in Gideon’s corner willing to fight for him beside Eva. I am glad Chris left Elizabeth and unlike other’s opinions, do not believe that they will reconcile with Eva’s help. I don’t see Eva forgiving Elizabeth either, frankly, but Chris, no. Why? Because Chris tells Gideon that he has always considered him his own son. As a father it is his right and responsibility to protect and defend his children and not only did Elizabeth not protect and defend Gideon, but she did not allow Chris to do it either. She took away his right to be a real father to Gideon.  As a result, he lost his son, Gideon, without knowing why. Ultimate betrayal = no forgiveness.  I do hope that Chris and Gideon can move forward from here with a closer relationship.

Elizabeth Vidal: Just like the character in “Ordinary People†that Ireland compares her to, she deserves to end up alone. However, I would like an explanation as to why she took Gideon to Terrance Lucas, Hugh’s brother-in-law. How stupid and irresponsible. And then she believes him! Did she not follow up because she was embarrassed? stressed?  did not want to go through another scandal? going through a rough pregnancy with Ireland??? Whatever the reason, there is no excuse!

Ireland: Is a breath of fresh air. So cute and it’s so sweet to see how much she loves Gideon and Eva. I really hope that she is not collateral damage in any of the “battles†that Gideon is fighting with all of the folks trying to get him. That mysterious boyfriend who cannot publicly claim her because his grandparents lost money to Gideon’s dad, concerns me. I want her untouched!!

Anne and Terry Lucas: Don’t know why Terry Lucas is still with Anne after her various affairs, but he is obviously an idiot and now he is probably a very scared idiot because Eva and Chris know what he did to Gideon.  Anne is just scary and probably is manipulating and medicating Corinne. She does not seem to have any boundaries, certainly not professional ones, and is capable of anything. Using Cary to get to Eva and therefore Gideon is not out of the question for her. I see both of the Lucas’ losing their medical practices. One can hope!

Christopher Vidal – He is just so full of hate and jealousy towards Gideon. Not sure it is anymore than that. I am not convinced that he was molested. His behavior points more towards bitterness than damage. Just my opinion. 

Thanks ladies, spotted this in my re-read, shows that with a series of books as complex as this we need to read more than once. My first read was rather fast, I took a lot in but not all of it.

My only thought is even though the heard that conversation, with so much going on afterwards (Gideon continued with the s*x and then off to San Diego and a busy weekend there) this may have slipped her mind - we heard that scene from Gideon rather than Eva. I'm trying my best not to dislike Eva over how she treats Gideon in chapter 19 and how long it takes her to respond to him in chapter 20 - let's hope when OWY opens they are pretty much together and spend the rest of the book as a team fighting Brett and the mass of Gideon's enemies.

Apart from the Jax and Gia books I've not read any series by Sylvia, does she usually write an Epilogue so we learn about the future?

The only problem is later in the book (Eva's POV) Eva talks (or thinks) about LanCorp being a major competitor of Gideon's.  She is worried when the lady from Lancorp calls that they also think it is a conflict of interest for her to be on the project.   I don't want to dislike Eva either but there is something about her in this book that doesn't sit right with me.

The main issue wasn't really the Lancorp  or Gideon offering Mark a  job .  It was the fact Gideon made a tactical decision to offer a job to Mark w/o telling Eva  and  would cost Eva her job .. the one that she proudly work so hard and love. She values herself as a career woman which in any case  Gideon was really supportive of her she just need to be  on her side fully in Cross industries . I think  It doesn't matter who didn't mentioned it first but its the principle of sharing and communicating the problems that would arise and the need for an equal opinion to solve it. Eva just want to know whats happening before  Gideon make the decision and she want Gideon to share things with her. In as much as Eva ###### me off sometimes  , when Gideon explained things to her she can easily give in.  She doesn't want to be sheltered all the time  .   I could't blame Gideon though because Eva was so slow adapting her new role as his wife..  and when Eva doubts her feelings for Gideon just because of this I just want to scream at her - I wonder why did he marry her again?  ..  God I just want Gideon to be happy  -- seriously his character has been battered, bruise, so many downs , too much on his plate and Eva was his little piece of heaven with too much trouble as  a side dish and Eva sometimes is still being selfish by thinking about her self preservation.

I hope that in OWY their communication skills would improved. 

Gcrossfire

I get Eva's motivation.  I understand one of the biggest problems with her relationship with Gideon is communication but Eva fails in this aspect too.  She wants to be a team but "forgets" to mention her big project to Gideon.  I don't like it but more than that I don't like the way Eva deals with the situation by running and cutting Gideon off.  She wants to face her problems with Brett and others head on but Gideon, her husband, she cuts and runs. 

I have to keep reminding myself that Eva is 24 and Gideon is 28. He seems 10 years older. She has gone through a lot but she is still young and trying to balance this love/marriage to G and not losing herself. She will get it in book 5. She's just so young. It's hard to remember what it's like to be so new in a relationship. I don't "dislike" her at all. Sometimes she forgets and reacts emotionally. I think that's why her running all the time gets old already. You can't fix something if you are lost in your own head somewhere. And running stuff by Cary is not gonna help. Poor guy has his own mess to deal with.

Gotta remind myself also this is fiction. We love these characters so much, we forget that. Lol