* * CAPTIVATED BY YOU ++ SPOILER ++ CHAT * *

Kirsten

Yes, it shows great trust. I get why he needs to take control, with his traumas in mind. When he's got little experience of being "dominated" in a positive way (non abusive), it will be overwhelming with Eva when he learns how good it can be. And that must be intense for him with so many mixed feelings. He also said that he should have let Eva go, mainly because he's a wreck and can't cover all her needs. He doesn't see himself as any boyfriend material. By that he doesn't deserve as much pleasure, I meant that many victims struggles with their self esteem, and the shame overshadows the feeling of being worthy love and pleasure. It's difficult to enjoy the intimacy and closeness when they are disgusted with their own body, mind/ memories, therefore it's easier to focus on their partner.

I've hardly practiced my English in years, so bear over with me haha, sometimes it's hard to express myself correctly.

I LOVE Crossfire so badly, and I'm so happy to see that I'm not alone craving for it :)

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it shows great trust. I get why he needs to take control, with his traumas in mind. When he's got little experience of being "dominated" in a positive way (non abusive), it will be overwhelming with Eva when he learns how good it can be. And that must be intense for him with so many mixed feelings. He also said that he should have let Eva go, mainly because he's a wreck and can't cover all her needs. He doesn't see himself as any boyfriend material. By that he doesn't deserve as much pleasure, I meant that many victims struggles with their self esteem, and the shame overshadows the feeling of being worthy love and pleasure. It's difficult to enjoy the intimacy and closeness when they are disgusted with their own body, mind/ memories, therefore it's easier to focus on their partner.

I've hardly practiced my English in years, so bear over with me haha, sometimes it's hard to express myself correctly.

I LOVE Crossfire so badly, and I'm so happy to see that I'm not alone craving for it :)

I hadn't realized English wasn't your native language Ann so you've been doing great.

A couple comments on your posts.

Christopher.  I don't think he was abused by Hugh.  The more I think about it Gideon went to his mother about the abuse.  She went to Dr. Lucas who knew Hugh was the therapist.  I'm sure he let him know that Elizabeth was asking questions.  Dr. Terry must have told him that he lied to Liz to protect Anne and her family.  Gideon said the abuse lasted a year I think that is when he reported the abuse and Hugh stopped being his therapist.  What I do think is Christopher witnessed the abuse and feels guilt.  Often guilt is manifested by misplaced anger. 

Deanna - I'm not worried about her even if she finds out Gideon and Eva are married.  She was a one night stand and I don't think she expected more.  What hurt her is Gideon treated her badly like she was lower than a prostitute. 

Corinne - I don't think they can tell her they are married.  She is a major loon.  The reason they didn't tell everyone they were married is because Eva didn't want her mother to feel she got married behind her back out of revenge (after the bad lunch) and she wants her father involved.  If the tell Corinne it will go public.  I think Corinne is going to pull the book deal in the end.

Anne - She is one of the major loose cannons.  She will do anything to hurt Gideon.  Gideon said her whole family is nuts and I think he's right.  I also think she is Corinne's therapist and she is behind her bizarre behavior.  Once they figure this out Corinne will back off and cancel the book deal. I hope that Anne gets to see Eva's self defense skills.  She has to use them on someone.

Brett - I still think he is going to make one more play for Eva and she is going to put him down.

Thank you for your compliments, very sweet of you.

I don't know if you disgussed this before, but I've been thinking of Eva and Victor. Eva is blond, and looks like her mother. Victor is latino.... Dark hair dominates over blond hair.... Someone else who's been thinking of the same?? Can we be sure that V is Evas father?

There are often exceptions to those rules though - my sister's ex is black, my sister is white - pale skinned with light brown hair with reddish tinge (mum has very dark brown hair and dad is a redhead), the twins were born white and after a few months their skin changed to an olive hue. My friend has a similar situation but her twins are as dark as their father. Another friend is Mauritian and her husband white, their daughters are both white skinned.

Thank you for your compliments, very sweet of you.

I don't know if you disgussed this before, but I've been thinking of Eva and Victor. Eva is blond, and looks like her mother. Victor is latino.... Dark hair dominates over blond hair.... Someone else who's been thinking of the same?? Can we be sure that V is Evas father?

We are sure Victor is Eva's father. 

Christopher.  I don't think he was abused by Hugh.  The more I think about it Gideon went to his mother about the abuse.  She went to Dr. Lucas who knew Hugh was the therapist.  I'm sure he let him know that Elizabeth was asking questions.  Dr. Terry must have told him that he lied to Liz to protect Anne and her family.  Gideon said the abuse lasted a year I think that is when he reported the abuse and Hugh stopped being his therapist.  What I do think is Christopher witnessed the abuse and feels guilt.  Often guilt is manifested by misplaced anger. 

Deanna - I'm not worried about her even if she finds out Gideon and Eva are married.  She was a one night stand and I don't think she expected more.  What hurt her is Gideon treated her badly like she was lower than a prostitute. 

Corinne - I don't think they can tell her they are married.  She is a major loon.  The reason they didn't tell everyone they were married is because Eva didn't want her mother to feel she got married behind her back out of revenge (after the bad lunch) and she wants her father involved.  If the tell Corinne it will go public.  I think Corinne is going to pull the book deal in the end.

Anne - She is one of the major loose cannons.  She will do anything to hurt Gideon.  Gideon said her whole family is nuts and I think he's right.  I also think she is Corinne's therapist and she is behind her bizarre behavior.  Once they figure this out Corinne will back off and cancel the book deal. I hope that Anne gets to see Eva's self defense skills.  She has to use them on someone.

Brett - I still think he is going to make one more play for Eva and she is going to put him down.

Good point about it being a bad idea to tell Corrine they're married. She is a loon and is now a loose cannon. And it's not like Gideon can tell her he never meant to let her get her hopes up during those weeks he dated her, because that's exactly the way he needed for her to act and Eva to act heartbroken. Because he had to. It was more than his freedom at stake. He knew Eva could end up accused of being his accomplice. I'm still not convinced I can trust Detective Graves, but she seems to be taking her cues from Eva's father. If Victor approves of them getting back together and getting engaged, then Graves feels that at least for now she can trust Gideon isn't a danger to Eva and the only person he ever was a danger to was Nathan.

I think Eva's Krav Maga skills are for Gideon's peace of mind. He knows the training has given her the skills to fight him off if he ever loses complete control sexually. She has more than a safe word to stop him if he goes into some dark place and snaps. Not that I think he ever would with her. But even Dr. Petersen knows the potential exists. He told the two of them they should be afraid about Gideon's control.

I don't think that Terry and Ann will make a big public deal over Gideon.  They have their own family to protect  - would you want the public to know that your brother (in-law) was a child molester?  Or that you had slept around while you were married to someone else?  Considering their medical field they would have more to loose than gain by going public.

One comment on Eva's hair color - my niece is married to someone from Iran - they have two daughters.  One has her dad's coloring - dark skin and hair.  The other daughter looks just as Irish as her mother - red curly hair and pale skin!  If you would look at the two of them side by side you would never had guessed they were related.  So I can believe the blond hair. 

I don't think that Terry and Ann will make a big public deal over Gideon.  They have their own family to protect  - would you want the public to know that your brother (in-law) was a child molester?  Or that you had slept around while you were married to someone else?  Considering their medical field they would have more to loose than gain by going public.

One comment on Eva's hair color - my niece is married to someone from Iran - they have two daughters.  One has her dad's coloring - dark skin and hair.  The other daughter looks just as Irish as her mother - red curly hair and pale skin!  If you would look at the two of them side by side you would never had guessed they were related.  So I can believe the blond hair.

Yes, Gideon even mentions that fact to Ann when he goes to her office. Is she willing to lose her career and marriage to get revenge against him. I think at this point she is. She is so off track that she will risk losing everything to get back at Gideon. He will destroy her and he has the means I just hope he does it before she gets to Eva. I think Raul will put a tail on Ann in the next book so that is how Gideva will piece togerther her connection with Corinne and possibly Cary and whoever else she has drawn into her web...

I think Eva's Krav Maga skills are for Gideon's peace of mind. He knows the training has given her the skills to fight him off if he ever loses complete control sexually. She has more than a safe word to stop him if he goes into some dark place and snaps. Not that I think he ever would with her. But even Dr. Petersen knows the potential exists. He told the two of them they should be afraid about Gideon's control.

Eva started her Krav Maga lessons before she got involved with Gideon. If I don't remember it all wrong, she's used some of her skills to fight of G when he had one of his horrible nightmares. I wish she'll be able to knock out Anne, because she REALLY deserves it!!! :D

Gideon cant tell Eva or anyone the fake dating . It would ruined his alibi regarding Nathans ' death. 

I dont remember Gideon  kept running to Corrine (except when she called during the gala  - but Gideon explained  to her why? he has to make Corrine understand he found someone already )  so you lost me  there  lol ..  It was Corinne always making a surprise  visit in Crossfire and Gideon just handling her with respect as an old flame. Gideon and Corrine did not part in bad terms . Gideon has said himself that Corrine sooth him during that time it wasn't just enough for him to love her.  and Gidoen was a good person he knows if he done wrong to someone and he would feel guilty about it. Just like he used Corinne as an alibi to protect Eva  - so all he is feeling about Corinne was guilt.

In EWY Eva said something to Gideon about Corinne being his alibi....Gideon stated that the fire was his alibi and that Corrine was just there for part of the time.

Just to touch on Gideon being overwhelmed by Eva taking control during sex it in my opinion is literally a control issue. Being an abuse survivor Gideon has probably vowed to never not be in control sexually again. He was taken advantage of by someone who 'dominated' him. By being with all these women who are physically aggressive Gideon has been able to bring them to the f*ckpad and dominate them. Show them that they are at his mercy physically. While at the same time it mentally reminded Gideon that he was never going to be a victim again. Eva in the limo that very first time called the shots. It was the first time Gideon allowed someone else to control the when and the how. He broke his rules. To use one of Eva's lines he took a calculated risk by allowing her to 'top' him. For someone with his issues that is HUGE. It speaks volumes to the connection he felt with her and trust he had already begun to place in her.

Hi Kirsten & Ann Cathrin,

I read your comments and I just wanted to add that the physical s*x act in the limo was actually controlled in a lot of ways, by Gideon.  Eva took psychological control by initiating the s*x which is what I think was the game changer for Gideon.  As one of the forum members relayed, it was the first time Gideon allowed another person  to initiate a very intimate act.

Although Eva couldn't physically harm or dominate Gideon, she could inflict a lot of damage (unknowingly) emotionally. 

Yes, Gideon even mentions that fact to Ann when he goes to her office. Is she willing to lose her career and marriage to get revenge against him. I think at this point she is. She is so off track that she will risk losing everything to get back at Gideon. He will destroy her and he has the means I just hope he does it before she gets to Eva. I think Raul will put a tail on Ann in the next book so that is how Gideva will piece togerther her connection with Corinne and possibly Cary and whoever else she has drawn into her web...

I suspect Anne Lucas is messing with Cary's mind, using him as a pawn in some sort of plan to hurt Eva and thus hurt Gideon. Thanks to Raul's good work, we now know she was able to meet Cary, and it looks like that time Eva spotted her leaving the apartment building she had arrived in Cary's company. Cary has started cutting himself, self-destructive behavior. What if Anne is manipulating him mind to make his anxieties worse, make him unravel? It would fit the pattern if it turns out she prescribed depression medication to Corrine that made her depression worse. Good thing that Eva spotted Anne leaving the building and told Gideon about it. I definitely can see him putting a tail on Anne now and hopefully catch her not only in Cary's company but also Corrine's. Connect the dots and figure out just how dangerous a loon she is.

Brett still has the video of him and Eva having hot sex. What if he thinks her seeing it would make her remember how great things were sexually during their brief relationship? He's cocky enough (pun intended) to think he's the best she ever had and no way can Gideon satisfy her like that. He pretty much said so in Gideon's office. I think if he ever did show Eva the tape it would backfire horribly for him. It also could be healing in a way for Eva to see the desperate and messed up young woman she used to be before Dr. Travis started helping her to get her head on straight.

What happens if Brett tells Deanna they're married? What will she do if she thinks Gideon lied to her? All bets are off, and she'll no longer take his word? Run a story about his dark side? Maybe even about the existence of the sex tape? Hard to say -- but I don't entirely trust Deanna, and I think she's smart enough that if she finds out Gideon has been manipulating her (which he has and continues to do) then there's going to be trouble.

Gideon continues to have a double standard when it comes to Eva/Brett and him/Corrine. He should tell her he married Eva. Actually, Arash should tell her Gideon is married. Gideon needs to stop ALL contact with her.

I dont think Gideon was a double standard. I think the reason Gideon asked Eva to tell Brett was because he considered Brett a threat. Eva was having a confused feelings  over Brett and she's still thinking about him even after she married Gideon   and if Brett really loved Eva this could go the other way. It doesn't make Gideon assured and so am I. How many of us not liking Eva having this feeling over Brett.  On the other hand, Gideon never thought of Corinne the same way  Eva thought of Brett.Gideon never  said his stomach flutters  when he see Corinne or that her body was amazing . So Corinne was never a threat that Gideon would take  action toward Corrine. Its just Corrine was on denial but Gideon knew it was truly over between them . She knew they got engaged  and this sent her to suicide mode, what would happened if she found out they were married. So I think they deal with their exes on different way.and Gideon never contacted Corinne it was the other way around. 

Brett still has the video of him and Eva having hot sex. What if he thinks her seeing it would make her remember how great things were sexually during their brief relationship? He's cocky enough (pun intended) to think he's the best she ever had and no way can Gideon satisfy her like that. He pretty much said so in Gideon's office. I think if he ever did show Eva the tape it would backfire horribly for him. It also could be healing in a way for Eva to see the desperate and messed up young woman she used to be before Dr. Travis started helping her to get her head on straight.

Gideon has already erased all traced of videos even the one Brett had. Remember he hired special people to hack on Bretts' stuff while Gideon was talking to him . 

Gideon has already erased all traced of videos even the one Brett had. Remember he hired special people to hack on Bretts' stuff while Gideon was talking to him .

Yes, but weren't there still one copy left? I thought so.... Brett or Chris Jr?!?! And G got a copy burning in his pocket

I think if he ever did show Eva the tape it would backfire horribly for him. It also could be healing in a way for Eva to see the desperate and messed up young woman she used to be before Dr. Travis started helping her to get her head on straight.

I think you're right about that. In one way I want it to happen, on the other hand I just want the film to be deleted. I wonder if Gideons ever going to see it, or if he's able to keep his promise to Eva. (He should, for his own good, she's going to snap and start running again... And he has to live with the pictures in his mind!)

If he does, he's going to see that Eva is a changed person, but then again, who wants to watch their beloved one sc**w another person

It must be devastating for Gideon to know that Chris Jr has seen Eva and Brett in action. We all know that he's seen it, he's to big of an as****e to refuse...

The pros he hired to hack into Brett's computer did warn Gideon it was possible a copy could still be out there, and they promised to keep looking for things such as safe deposit boxes under Brett's name. For example, Brett (and/or Sam, Christopher, etc.) could have transferred a copy to a flash drive and then locked it up in a safe place.