* * CAPTIVATED BY YOU ++ SPOILER ++ CHAT * *

Kirsten

In EWY Eva said something to Gideon about Corinne being his alibi....Gideon stated that the fire was his alibi and that Corrine was just there for part of the time.

that was on a specific day he killed Nathan. But overall Gideon used Corine as alibi for their break up and going back to his ex fiance. :)

As part of his cover-up Gideon made sure a picture of him with Corrine at the party was taken that night and made it into the media. The picture served two purposes: making people believe he and Corrine were back together, and proving he was partying at the hotel the night Nathan died.  Later, after Eva knew the truth behind the picture, she still assumed Gideon hung around with Corrine for hours that night as part of the cover-up. He assured Eva he used the fire as his excuse to hang around the hotel for hours and Corrine didn't stick around all that time.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brett still has the video of him and Eva having hot sex. What if he thinks her seeing it would make her remember how great things were sexually during their brief relationship? He's cocky enough (pun intended) to think he's the best she ever had and no way can Gideon satisfy her like that. He pretty much said so in Gideon's office. I think if he ever did show Eva the tape it would backfire horribly for him. It also could be healing in a way for Eva to see the desperate and messed up young woman she used to be before Dr. Travis started helping her to get her head on straight.

I was under the impression that the only hard copy left of the s*x tape was the one Gideon has. Didn't Gideon have all other copies wiped?

Yes, but weren't there still one copy left? I thought so.... Brett or Chris Jr?!?! And G got a copy burning in his pocketI think you're right about that. In one way I want it to happen, on the other hand I just want the film to be deleted. I wonder if Gideons ever going to see it, or if he's able to keep his promise to Eva. (He should, for his own good, she's going to snap and start running again... And he has to live with the pictures in his mind!)

If he does, he's going to see that Eva is a changed person, but then again, who wants to watch their beloved one sc**w another person

It must be devastating for Gideon to know that Chris Jr has seen Eva and Brett in action. We all know that he's seen it, he's to big of an as****e to refuse...

Oh that bastar@ has definitely seen it....numerous times I'm sure. :(. :(

I was under the impression that the only hard copy left of the s*x tape was the one Gideon has. Didn't Gideon have all other copies wiped?

In Chapter 11, pages 180 and 181. While Gideon kept Brett busy at his office, someone broke into his luggage and wiped clean his laptop and tablet. It was the latest move in other stuff the hired guns had done, including checking Brett's apartment, wiping out stuff on Sam's equipment and even hacking into accounts and computers of people Sam sent samples of the video (this must have been when Sam was shopping around for bidders willing to buy the whole tape.) When the experts were trailing the links they found out a full copy went to Christopher Jr. and they wiped it off his computer. But they also warned Gideon "it's possible there's a hard copy floating around, although we've searched Kline and Yimara's transactions records for security deposit boxes and the like." Gideon wants the experts to keep checking for any hint there's a hard copy still floating around out there.

This makes me wonder whether Gideon used these same experts to find and destroy all of Nathan's copies of the photos and video he took of Eva.

Good point about it being a bad idea to tell Corrine they're married. She is a loon and is now a loose cannon. And it's not like Gideon can tell her he never meant to let her get her hopes up during those weeks he dated her, because that's exactly the way he needed for her to act and Eva to act heartbroken. Because he had to. It was more than his freedom at stake. He knew Eva could end up accused of being his accomplice. I'm still not convinced I can trust Detective Graves, but she seems to be taking her cues from Eva's father. If Victor approves of them getting back together and getting engaged, then Graves feels that at least for now she can trust Gideon isn't a danger to Eva and the only person he ever was a danger to was Nathan.

I think Eva's Krav Maga skills are for Gideon's peace of mind. He knows the training has given her the skills to fight him off if he ever loses complete control sexually. She has more than a safe word to stop him if he goes into some dark place and snaps. Not that I think he ever would with her. But even Dr. Petersen knows the potential exists. He told the two of them they should be afraid about Gideon's control.

I'm still not sure about Detective Graves myself however, I think this is SD's way of wrapping her storyline up.  Some of these issues have to stay closed or book 5 is going to 1000+ pages.

Eva's Krav Maga skills have to be used on someone other than Gideon.  She started them for self defense not to protect her against her husband...even though she used them for that.  Dr. Petersen is going to help Gideon control his nightmares.  (In real life there is no way a psychiatrist can lessen the nightmares in this short period of time.)  I still think she is going to take out Anne or  Brett or hopefully both.

Hi Kirsten & Ann Cathrin,

I read your comments and I just wanted to add that the physical s*x act in the limo was actually controlled in a lot of ways, by Gideon.  Eva took psychological control by initiating the s*x which is what I think was the game changer for Gideon.  As one of the forum members relayed, it was the first time Gideon allowed another person  to initiate a very intimate act.

Although Eva couldn't physically harm or dominate Gideon, she could inflict a lot of damage (unknowingly) emotionally. 

Good point Gigi.

I suspect Anne Lucas is messing with Cary's mind, using him as a pawn in some sort of plan to hurt Eva and thus hurt Gideon. Thanks to Raul's good work, we now know she was able to meet Cary, and it looks like that time Eva spotted her leaving the apartment building she had arrived in Cary's company. Cary has started cutting himself, self-destructive behavior. What if Anne is manipulating him mind to make his anxieties worse, make him unravel? It would fit the pattern if it turns out she prescribed depression medication to Corrine that made her depression worse. Good thing that Eva spotted Anne leaving the building and told Gideon about it. I definitely can see him putting a tail on Anne now and hopefully catch her not only in Cary's company but also Corrine's. Connect the dots and figure out just how dangerous a loon she is.

I don't think Anne came in the building with Cary and I don't think she was visiting Cary.   I don't know where you read that Raul showed that she was with Cary any place other than the fund raiser.  I do think that Anne knows where Eva lives and she came in the building with a resident she knows to case the place.  Raul might tail Anne but Cary would never hurt Eva that way.

As far as Cary cutting himself he is reverting to old habits that he had controlled thanks to Dr. Travis. 

Brett still has the video of him and Eva having hot sex. What if he thinks her seeing it would make her remember how great things were sexually during their brief relationship? He's cocky enough (pun intended) to think he's the best she ever had and no way can Gideon satisfy her like that. He pretty much said so in Gideon's office. I think if he ever did show Eva the tape it would backfire horribly for him. It also could be healing in a way for Eva to see the desperate and messed up young woman she used to be before Dr. Travis started helping her to get her head on straight.

I agree with you in that I think Gideon erased the video Brett had at his hotel and/or home computer(s) but I think he carries a copy with him.  I too believe he wants to show it to Eva in an attempt to make her remember their "good times" but she will not receive it well.  It is proof that he doesn't know her really.

I don't think Anne came in the building with Cary and I don't think she was visiting Cary.   I don't know where you read that Raul showed that she was with Cary any place other than the fund raiser.  I do think that Anne knows where Eva lives and she came in the building with a resident she knows to case the place.  Raul might tail Anne but Cary would never hurt Eva that way.

As far as Cary cutting himself he is reverting to old habits that he had controlled thanks to Dr. Travis. 

Eva hasn't told Cary anything about Anne so he has no idea about her significance, and only Gideon really knows how dangerous Anne is. And like Dr. Travis, Anne is a mental health professional. It's possible she figured out some of Cary's triggers and so she would know what could make matters worse and she's sick enough to push those buttons. The Anne that I read about when Gideon barged into her office scared the heck out of me. Look at what buttons of his she tried pushing.

Yes, but weren't there still one copy left? I thought so.... Brett or Chris Jr?!?! And G got a copy burning in his pocket

I think you're right about that. In one way I want it to happen, on the other hand I just want the film to be deleted. I wonder if Gideons ever going to see it, or if he's able to keep his promise to Eva. (He should, for his own good, she's going to snap and start running again... And he has to live with the pictures in his mind!)

If he does, he's going to see that Eva is a changed person, but then again, who wants to watch their beloved one sc**w another person

It must be devastating for Gideon to know that Chris Jr has seen Eva and Brett in action. We all know that he's seen it, he's to big of an as****e to refuse...

I think Gideon has learned his lesson regarding lying or being deceitful with Eva.  I don't think he will look at it without talking to her first. 

I think Brett has another copy of the video.  Christopher wouldn't think that Gideon could erase it however, the other option is that he gave a copy to his mother.  She saw it or knows about it because she mentioned it to Gideon.  If Liz uses it against Eva she will never heal her relationship with him or Chris.

Eva hasn't told Cary anything about Anne so he has no idea about her significance, and only Gideon really knows how dangerous Anne is. And like Dr. Travis, Anne is a mental health professional. It's possible she figured out some of Cary's triggers and so she would know what could make matters worse and she's sick enough to push those buttons. The Anne that I read about when Gideon barged into her office scared the heck out of me. Look at what buttons of his she tried pushing.

That's wrong in my opinion.  Cary did research on Dr. Lucas and saw a picture of his wife.  If you remember Cary and Eva talked about it in RIY.  Also after the fund raiser Eva was crazy to find out who the red head was.  Cary knows.

Kirsten I thought the professional said they wiped all the copies they could find but there could be another one out there.   I'll have to check when I get home.

In Chapter 11, pages 180 and 181. While Gideon kept Brett busy at his office, someone broke into his luggage and wiped clean his laptop and tablet. It was the latest move in other stuff the hired guns had done, including checking Brett's apartment, wiping out stuff on Sam's equipment and even hacking into accounts and computers of people Sam sent samples of the video (this must have been when Sam was shopping around for bidders willing to buy the whole tape.) When the experts were trailing the links they found out a full copy went to Christopher Jr. and they wiped it off his computer. But they also warned Gideon "it's possible there's a hard copy floating around, although we've searched Kline and Yimara's transactions records for security deposit boxes and the like." Gideon wants the experts to keep checking for any hint there's a hard copy still floating around out there.

This makes me wonder whether Gideon used these same experts to find and destroy all of Nathan's copies of the photos and video he took of Eva.

I should have read forward you found the section I'm thinking about. 

I don't think Nathan was that smart to keep a copy hidden.  If I remember correctly we were led to believe that he had all the pictures and videos in his hotel room.  I think the pictures Clancy left at the Russian mob guy were copies that he gave to Stanton.

OK forum members I have posted enough for today and have to get back to work. 

excited-girl-smiley-emoticon.gif

That's wrong in my opinion. Cary did research on Dr. Lucas and saw a picture of his wife. If you remember Cary and Eva talked about it in RIY. Also after the fund raiser Eva was crazy to find out who the red head was. Cary knows.

I agree Sharon. Cary did research Lucas and noted his wife was a shrink.

I am sure Cary knows all about Anne simply because he did do the research that Eva asked him to do. One of the first things that you read is about someone's personal life and he would have to know that Lucas was married to Anne and what she did for a living. I think she wore the wig to try to be in disguise.

As for the tape I would not be surprised if there was another one somewhere.

I'm still not sure about Detective Graves myself however, I think this is SD's way of wrapping her storyline up.  Some of these issues have to stay closed or book 5 is going to 1000+ pages.

Eva's Krav Maga skills have to be used on someone other than Gideon.  She started them for self defense not to protect her against her husband...even though she used them for that.  Dr. Petersen is going to help Gideon control his nightmares.  (In real life there is no way a psychiatrist can lessen the nightmares in this short period of time.)  I still think she is going to take out Anne or  Brett or hopefully both.

I would like to see her take out Chris Jr too

I had a typo... I meant that G should NOT see the s*xtape, because E will snap (and run)!

I think Gideon has learned his lesson regarding lying or being deceitful with Eva.  I don't think he will look at it without talking to her first. 

I think Brett has another copy of the video.  Christopher wouldn't think that Gideon could erase it however, the other option is that he gave a copy to his mother.  She saw it or knows about it because she mentioned it to Gideon.  If Liz uses it against Eva she will never heal her relationship with him or Chris.

Has Liz mentioned that *clearly got to read it again* ???? Chris Jr knows how much that file would be worth, so I'm not surprised if he's got a copy. Chris Jr is also afraid to loose his job at Vidal records and he could use that tape to try to blackmail G, and if he chooses to sell it he would get money and opportunity to punish G by hurtig Eva. I don't trust that man one bit. He might not be as loony as Anne, but still unstable. I think he would exploit every chance he could to backstab his brother.

Could there be any connection between Chris Jr og Anne, since they both want to get to Gideon...One loony to another...

I would like to see her take out Chris Jr too

Maybe I'm nuts, but I'd like to believe that we've heard pretty much the end of Brett. That showdown at their 'picnic' lunch spoke volumes and what need would Eva have to ever see him again? I'm with you Ann. Let's breakout the Krav Maga on Christopher. I can see him stepping out of line with Eva and her not being afraid to put him back in his d*mn place.

I had a typo... I meant that G should NOT see the s*xtape, because E will snap (and run)!

Has Liz mentioned that *clearly got to read it again* ???? Chris Jr knows how much that file would be worth, so I'm not surprised if he's got a copy. Chris Jr is also afraid to loose his job at Vidal records and he could use that tape to try to blackmail G, and if he chooses to sell it he would get money and opportunity to punish G by hurtig Eva. I don't trust that man one bit. He might not be as loony as Anne, but still unstable. I think he would exploit every chance he could to backstab his brother.

Could there be any connection between Chris Jr og Anne, since they both want to get to Gideon...One loony to another...

Ann,

I don't have my book with me (at work) but yes when she came to Gideon's office I'm pretty sure she mentioned the tape.  I'll have to check again when I get home.

Sharon

Maybe I'm nuts, but I'd like to believe that we've heard pretty much the end of Brett. That showdown at their 'picnic' lunch spoke volumes and what need would Eva have to ever see him again? I'm with you Ann. Let's breakout the Krav Maga on Christopher. I can see him stepping out of line with Eva and her not being afraid to put him back in his d*mn place.

Actually now that you mention it I can see Eva taking down Christopher when she goes into one of her "protect Gideon" modes.  I would like to see that.

Kirsten I still feel like there is one more play left in Brett.  When he was in Gideon's office he mentioned something about he couldn't keep him away from Eva.  I think he is going to run into her and try to smooth her hurt feelings and try to convince her to give him one more try.  I might be wrong but something feels incomplete to me. 

Ann,

I don't have my book with me (at work) but yes when she came to Gideon's office I'm pretty sure she mentioned the tape.  I'll have to check again when I get home.

Sharon

I've read it twice already waiting for the English version to arrive by mail (and not embarrassed to say so haha)

Enjoy the rest of your day :) I'm soon about to call it the night, time is now 23:00 in Norway.

in CBY page28-29 they only thing that Elizabeth said about Brett and Eva is that "she's involved with that singer Brett Kline" So I don't think that she knows about the video (the real one) not the "Golden" one. Won't Christopher be surprised when he goes to look at it again and finds out that it has "vanished"!!

as for Cary being with Anne more than once....hopefully he is not that dumb...he didn't even know the name of the redhead at the dinner when Eva was questioning him about who he was dancing with and then later after the closet....