* * CAPTIVATED BY YOU ++ SPOILER ++ CHAT * *

Kirsten

I would like to see her take out Chris Jr too

" He takes sibling rivalry to the extreme and he's unstable enough to make him dangerous..." This is direct quote by Gideon from BTY...

Perhaps Christopher's instability will come to the forefront in OWY... I think Christopher 's jealousy will finally bring him to a critical point...Gideon landed the hot girl and he's happy which is something Christopher cant't tolerate coupled with Gideon showing him who's boss at Vidal Records...Even Chris Sr sided with Gideon over the video issue and he usually does't take sides...I think Christopher is going to come on to Eva and or manhandle her in some way and she's going to give him a taste of the Krav Maga hopefully this will be a warm up for Anne and Corinne too...

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eva hasn't told Cary anything about Anne so he has no idea about her significance, and only Gideon really knows how dangerous Anne is. And like Dr. Travis, Anne is a mental health professional. It's possible she figured out some of Cary's triggers and so she would know what could make matters worse and she's sick enough to push those buttons. The Anne that I read about when Gideon barged into her office scared the heck out of me. Look at what buttons of his she tried pushing.

So true Lighthouse Anne is very scary and I agree with you that Eva is not aware of what a danger Anne is and she certainly hasn't communicated anything about her to Cary because she really doesn't know that much herself. Cary would never deliberately hurt

Eva but it is very easy to see how someone as diabolical as Anne could manipulate an unsuspecting, vulnerable Cary. :(

I have read the discussions on here for almost two years but just have never posted. I wanted to let everyone know that I truly enjoy reading viewpoints and diving deeper into the characters. Sylvia has done an amazing job! With that being said, I loved reading Gideon's POV! I hope we continue to get both in OWY.

Thanks again everyone. I felt compelled to post after seeing your posts about how others have given such negative book reviews. An author that writes a book that I read multiple times is amazing!

I suspect Anne Lucas is messing with Cary's mind, using him as a pawn in some sort of plan to hurt Eva and thus hurt Gideon. Thanks to Raul's good work, we now know she was able to meet Cary, and it looks like that time Eva spotted her leaving the apartment building she had arrived in Cary's company. Cary has started cutting himself, self-destructive behavior. What if Anne is manipulating him mind to make his anxieties worse, make him unravel? It would fit the pattern if it turns out she prescribed depression medication to Corrine that made her depression worse. Good thing that Eva spotted Anne leaving the building and told Gideon about it. I definitely can see him putting a tail on Anne now and hopefully catch her not only in Cary's company but also Corrine's. Connect the dots and figure out just how dangerous a loon she is.

Hi Lighthouse,

I read your comments and I  was just wondering how you would your surmise Anne being able to control Cary emotionally?  If we are to believe what Cary said in the last book; he and Ann didn't have s*x.  So could could a potential "quickie" turn into something more serious?  What do you believe happened between Cary and Ann (hypothetically of course)?

Cary had very serious problems in the past and he isn't that far outr of rehab.  His poor choices (of a s*xual nature) have literally blown up in his face and as a result he is now forced to deal with very serious emotional issues that he may not be ready to deal with on a psychological level. 

Brett still has the video of him and Eva having hot sex. What if he thinks her seeing it would make her remember how great things were sexually during their brief relationship? He's cocky enough (pun intended) to think he's the best she ever had and no way can Gideon satisfy her like that. He pretty much said so in Gideon's office. I think if he ever did show Eva the tape it would backfire horribly for him. It also could be healing in a way for Eva to see the desperate and messed up young woman she used to be before Dr. Travis started helping her to get her head on straight.

Hi Lighthouse,

I read your coments and I respectfully have to disagree about Eva viewing the video tape.  I think that she would feel horribly violated, which in fact she was.  She never gave consent/permission to have another man watch her and video tape her engaging in a s*x act.  That would be akin to her participating in a type of , which I couldn't see her doing.  In Canada, a person can be charged criminally for videotaping a person engaging in a s*x act without consent.  Making copies and distributing them can also result in further charges of distributing . 

Regardless of what Brett's motives were, as misguided as they may have been, he committed (with Sam Yimara video taping) some very serious offenses.  I would have to seriously sit back and question just how "innocent" Brett was in this whole scenario.  I can only apply real life common sense to a situation like this.  I would think that most men would be beyond angry about finding out one of their "crew members/roadies/band mates, etc." had not only video taped them having s*x with their girlfriend, but they also watched, which I couldn't see many men being ok with that.  What guy would want to have another guy sit back and have him have s*x with his girlfriend?  I can't see it.    

Eva was also taped and photographed by Nathan when he would rape her.  I think that viewing the "s*x tape" between her and Brett might trigger some very horrific past abuse memories.  Eva knows all to well that she was a "recovering sl*t" (her words) and going back to revisit past events that she was clearly remorseful about, would only open up old wounds unnecessarily.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

I was under the impression that the only hard copy left of the s*x tape was the one Gideon has. Didn't Gideon have all other copies wiped?

Yes that is correct I wonder if Brett has discovered that his copy is gone?

Hi Kirsten & Sscrph,

That was my impression as well.  Oh how I would love to be a fly on that wall when Brett finds out that his copy of the s*x tape has been errased!  Simply delicious!! Justice in action!!  :)

Actually now that you mention it I can see Eva taking down Christopher when she goes into one of her "protect Gideon" modes.  I would like to see that.

Kirsten I still feel like there is one more play left in Brett.  When he was in Gideon's office he mentioned something about he couldn't keep him away from Eva.  I think he is going to run into her and try to smooth her hurt feelings and try to convince her to give him one more try.  I might be wrong but something feels incomplete to me. 

Holy moly Sharon!

Now that would be quite the scenario considering that Eva is married to Gideon!  Oh let the fireworks begin!!

So true Lighthouse Anne is very scary and I agree with you that Eva is not aware of what a danger Anne is and she certainly hasn't communicated anything about her to Cary because she really doesn't know that much herself. Cary would never deliberately hurt

Eva but it is very easy to see how someone as diabolical as Anne could manipulate an unsuspecting, vulnerable Cary. :(

Hi Sscrph,

I read your comments and I agree that Anne is dangerous.  I guess what I am having trouble seeing is how could Anne gain an opportunity to get to Eva.  That woman is gaurded more closely the the Queen's crown jewels.  :)

I could see Corinne, Brett, Mad Dog LIzzard Vidal or even Detective Graves getting access to Eva more easily.  Although Detective Graves has sort of/kind of implied that she will let Nathan's murder rest, her comment about wanted an "invite" to the wedding may indicate that she isn't going to want to play "nice". 

Thank you by the way, you did a great job of pointing that out! :)

Hi Lighthouse,

I read your coments and I respectfully have to disagree about Eva viewing the video tape.  I think that she would feel horribly violated, which in fact she was.  She never gave consent/permission to have another man watch her and video tape her engaging in a s*x act.  That would be akin to her participating in a type of ######, which I couldn't see her doing.  In Canada, a person can be charged criminally for videotaping a person engaging in a s*x act without consent.  Making copies and distributing them can also result in further charges of distributing ######. 

Regardless of what Brett's motives were, as misguided as they may have been, he committed (with Sam Yimara video taping) some very serious offenses.  I would have to seriously sit back and question just how "innocent" Brett was in this whole scenario.  I can only apply real life common sense to a situation like this.  I would think that most men would be beyond angry about finding out one of their "crew members/roadies/band mates, etc." had not only video taped them having s*x with their girlfriend, but they also watched, which I couldn't see many men being ok with that.  What guy would want to have another guy sit back and have him have s*x with his girlfriend?  I can't see it.    

Eva was also taped and photographed by Nathan when he would rape her.  I think that viewing the "s*x tape" between her and Brett might trigger some very horrific past abuse memories.  Eva knows all to well that she was a "recovering sl*t" (her words) and going back to revisit past events that she was clearly remorseful about, would only open up old wounds unnecessarily.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Totally agre with you Gigi and that's why I think it so romantic that Gideon is tearing down Pete's bar...Eva doesn't like to remember the girl she once was...her words...so in a small way Gideon is making it easier for her to forget.

in CBY page28-29 they only thing that Elizabeth said about Brett and Eva is that "she's involved with that singer Brett Kline" So I don't think that she knows about the video (the real one) not the "Golden" one. Won't Christopher be surprised when he goes to look at it again and finds out that it has "vanished"!!

as for Cary being with Anne more than once....hopefully he is not that dumb...he didn't even know the name of the redhead at the dinner when Eva was questioning him about who he was dancing with and then later after the closet....

You're right.  I guess I was writing my own story in my head.  I was certain she said something about the tape.    I guess Christopher was bad mouthing Eva to her.

I am sure Cary knows all about Anne simply because he did do the research that Eva asked him to do. One of the first things that you read is about someone's personal life and he would have to know that Lucas was married to Anne and what she did for a living. I think she wore the wig to try to be in disguise.

As for the tape I would not be surprised if there was another one somewhere.

I agree with you. I think Cary has seen pictures of Anne when he did the research of Dr.L.

Didn't Cary also tell Eva in CBY, that he had quit sleeping around? Even monks got more action than he did (his words). He tries to take responsibility for making Tat pregnant, and he wants to make his relationship with Trey work. We don't know who the redhead at the gala was, regardless it's far from messing around one evening and having "an affair"?!?

Since I'm on the subject, do you think it is Carys child? I'm hoping that it's not, it will ruin so much for him. I want him to be able to "grow up" and find some stability in his own life first. I want him to feel independent and have a healthy relationship. He experienced so much crap in his life and I wish all the good tings for him. A part of me thinks that Tat is taking advantage of Cary, sort of fame and glory. He lives in a great appartment, celebrity friends and a promising career and perhaps she thinks he's more wealthy than he is. There is something about that pregnancy that don't add up for me... It might be that I REALLY don't like her, she should rather go for Chris Jr!

I agree with you in that I think Gideon erased the video Brett had at his hotel and/or home computer(s) but I think he carries a copy with him.  I too believe he wants to show it to Eva in an attempt to make her remember their "good times" but she will not receive it well.  It is proof that he doesn't know her really.

It's possible Sam handed Brett an original copy of the sex tape on a flash drive, the same way Sam handed Gideon a copy on a flash drive. What if Brett had the flash drive in his pocket while he was at Gideon's office and the experts were erasing his computer and tablet? He'd shown up expecting to see Eva. If he had been hoping for a chance to show her the footage of them hanging out together, supposedly on the tape as well, a flash drive would be the easiest thing to carry, even easier than a tablet. Ah well. He's either still got a copy or he doesn't, and if he still does, my bet is a flash drive. Gideon will keep looking and he honestly can tell Eva he tried. What really makes my skin crawl is the thought of Christopher watching that tape. 

Maybe I'm nuts, but I'd like to believe that we've heard pretty much the end of Brett. That showdown at their 'picnic' lunch spoke volumes and what need would Eva have to ever see him again? I'm with you Ann. Let's breakout the Krav Maga on Christopher. I can see him stepping out of line with Eva and her not being afraid to put him back in his d*mn place.

I hope its true we've that CBY is the last we see of Brett. But I had also hoped EWY was the last we were going to see of Corrine. Didn't happen. I do think the showdown in the park is the last Eva will see of Brett. He killed any lingering friendship feelings she had, and I doubt she'll ever speak to him again, much less meet with him again. I can only hope Gideon's showdown with Corrine at the restaurant is the same deal, that she killed any lingering feelings of friendship and guilt he had over her. When he walked out of the restaurant, it was the final direct contact between the pair. No more meetings and even no more phone calls. I'm crossing my fingers.

How about Eva breaking out her Krav Maga for a cat fight with Anne? Catching Anne red-handed hurting Cary, or even Anne stalking her and cornering her?

I agree with you. I think Cary has seen pictures of Anne when he did the research of Dr.L.

Didn't Cary also tell Eva in CBY, that he had quit sleeping around? He tries to take responsibility for making Tat pregnant, and he wants to make his relationship with Trey work. We don't know who the redhead at the gala was, regardless it's far from messing around one evening and having "an affair"?!?

Since I'm on the subject, do you think it is Carys child? I'm hoping that it's not, it will ruin so much for him. I want him to be able to "grow up" and find some stability in his own life first. I want him to feel independent and have a healthy relationship. He experienced so much crap in his life and I wish all the good tings for him. A part of me thinks that Tat is taking advantage of Cary, sort of fame and glory. He lives in a great appartment, celebrity friends and a promising career and perhaps she thinks he's more wealthy than he is. There is something about that pregnancy that don't add up for me... It might be that I REALLY don't like her, she should rather go for Chris Jr!

I think that Tat felt that she was losing Cary to Trey and what better way to keep a man than say I'm pregnant and it's yours Cary !!!

She didn't take control of protection and or birth control she doesn't strike me as faithful, she preens and flaunts herself at Gideon in front of Cary and Eva.

I'd like to see at Gideon and Eva's wedding Trey there with Cary and Tat found out as a liar and possibly not even pregnant . Her mood swings are just down to her general b**** ness

Chris jr gets a bit of bad press but justifiably so. We saw what he did to maggie at the garden party. He wants to promote six ninths at the expense of Eva. A pattern seems to develop he doesn't was to see Gideon happy is that guilt for not speaking up when Hugh was abusing Gideon . Had Hugh tried with him and then went to Gideon .?

Elizabeth Vidal her son tells her the terrible things Hugh did but yet she didn't believe him. But I'm thinking out of the box could it be that Hugh or Dr Lucas have info on Elizabeth that connected her to the financial fraud along with her husband. So they therefore blackmailed her to keep quiet or they'd expose her . Elizabeth unable to take her own life like Her husband had and unable to face the prospect of court cases her reputation splashed across the newspapers and media took the option of not believing her son in the hope that he would just forget it and move on with his life .

Just putting it out there !

Didn't Cary also tell Eva in CBY, that he had quit sleeping around? Even monks got more action than he did (his words). He tries to take responsibility for making Tat pregnant, and he wants to make his relationship with Trey work. We don't know who the redhead at the gala was, regardless it's far from messing around one evening and having "an affair"?!?

If Tat is pregnant I dont think its with Cary; remember Tat went back to Prague for a bit before Cary had his accident; I think when she was there she hooked up with someone and that's who the father is...

I think that Tat felt that she was losing Cary to Trey and what better way to keep a man than say I'm pregnant and it's yours Cary !!!

She didn't take control of protection and or birth control she doesn't strike me as faithful, she preens and flaunts herself at Gideon in front of Cary and Eva.

I'd like to see at Gideon and Eva's wedding Trey there with Cary and Tat found out as a liar and possibly not even pregnant . Her mood swings are just down to her general b**** ness

Chris jr gets a bit of bad press but justifiably so. We saw what he did to maggie at the garden party. He wants to promote six ninths at the expense of Eva. A pattern seems to develop he doesn't was to see Gideon happy is that guilt for not speaking up when Hugh was abusing Gideon . Had Hugh tried with him and then went to Gideon .?

Elizabeth Vidal her son tells her the terrible things Hugh did but yet she didn't believe him. But I'm thinking out of the box could it be that Hugh or Dr Lucas have info on Elizabeth that connected her to the financial fraud along with her husband. So they therefore blackmailed her to keep quiet or they'd expose her . Elizabeth unable to take her own life like Her husband had and unable to face the prospect of court cases her reputation splashed across the newspapers and media took the option of not believing her son in the hope that he would just forget it and move on with his life .

I think Elizabeth Vidal was just in denial and really unable to cope with the horrible accusations Gideon was making at the time. Remember she was probably still damaged from the Geoffrey Cross scandal and couldn't deal with another scandal. I dont know why she wouldnt want to lean on her husband...I think he was probably crazy about her and would have done anything to support her but I think Elizabeth thought that maybe Chris would leave her because of what would be the impending scandal with his step son...so sad. But I do not think there was any type of blackmail involved.

It's possible Sam handed Brett an original copy of the sex tape on a flash drive, the same way Sam handed Gideon a copy on a flash drive. What if Brett had the flash drive in his pocket while he was at Gideon's office and the experts were erasing his computer and tablet? He'd shown up expecting to see Eva. If he had been hoping for a chance to show her the footage of them hanging out together, supposedly on the tape as well, a flash drive would be the easiest thing to carry, even easier than a tablet. Ah well. He's either still got a copy or he doesn't, and if he still does, my bet is a flash drive. Gideon will keep looking and he honestly can tell Eva he tried. What really makes my skin crawl is the thought of Christopher watching that tape.

Yes Christopher watching the tape is creepy; no wonder Gideon cant sleep; I bet it drives him crazy...especially since he hasnt seen it himself and he can only imagine how bad or not it is. :(. :(

Interesting theory and you can be on to something.

No matter what reason Elizabeth might have, there is no reason big enough for NOT believing your child. As a mother / parent it is your obligation to listen, support and believe (especially in such serious matter). The harm you cause by turning your back to your child will never go away, it scars for life. The behaviour is unforgivable in my opinion (and experience for that matter). This is a topic I'm very comitted to in real life too, and my heart bleeds for G and those people who's experienced the same. In Gideons case he were also mourning over his father in addition to the sexual abuse, poor child. She should have been able to put herself aside, and been there for G, that is what a good mother would have done.

If Tat is pregnant I dont think its with Cary; remember Tat went back to Prague for a bit before Cary had his accident; I think when she was there she hooked up with someone and that's who the father is...

I had forgot that Tat had gone to Prague just before Cary's attack.

As I've already said she's not a fan of birth control so what's gonna happen but pregnancy at some point !!!!!

Cary surly isn't the father the sooner he find it out the better for him and is well being allowing him to concentrate on himself and his relationship with Trey

I took a peek at Goodreads today. Something that struck me positively is overall, the book is rated 4.04 stars out of five. That's with nearly 11,000 folks on Goodreads rating the book. So high a good rating from that many people proves that the overwhelming number of people who ranked it on Goodreads loved it. Their positive ratings cancel out the one-star ratings by trolls trashing the book in attention-seeking reviews.

Some of these negative reviewers make a sport out of trashing multiple authors, and not all of them have actually read the books they review. Fortunately, wildly successful authors have thick skins.

Speaking of wildly-successful, this week's New York Times Best Seller shows Captivated By You as number one in paperback and even more remarkable, number one in combined e-book and print fiction. Here's the list: http://www.nytimes.com/best-sellers-books/

I just want to make a general comment about Elizabeth. I feel like her admitting that Gideon was abused would be tantamount to admitting that she on some level failed him, and in her mind that would have made her a bad parent. It's much easier to think your troubled son is lying than to think that you've been blind to something of this magnitude going on in your child's life. Do I agree that it was her fault he was being abused...no. But like Eva stated the minute Elizabeth found out and didn't believe him she became just as guilty.

I just want to make a general comment about Elizabeth. I feel like her admitting that Gideon was abused would be tantamount to admitting that she on some level failed him, and in her mind that would have made her a bad parent. It's much easier to think your troubled son is lying than to think that you've been blind to something of this magnitude going on in your child's life. Do I agree that it was her fault he was being abused...no. But like Eva stated the minute Elizabeth found out and didn't believe him she became just as guilty.

I hope the fact that Chris. Sr. believing it the minute he found out finally breaks the wall of denial Elizabeth built around herself. It will help Gideon to continue healing if his mother finally does come to believe him and to seek his forgiveness.

I suspect Gideon was the more obvious candidate for abuse, after 5 years of parental happiness his dad is gone from his life after a period of parental unhappiness which they obviously did not hide from him. His mother then re-marries pretty quickly and starts her own life over again (re-booted) whereas Gideon is still the same child abandoned by his dad and seeing his mum changing. Then along comes Christopher fairly early in the new marriage and undoubtedly Elizabeth and Chris snr will have been 'all over' the new baby, they may not have purposely left Gideon out but suddenly he is not the only one. By the time Chris is 5 (I think) Gideon is an angry child and we don't know how that manifested, but Chris jnr is copying him and therapy is sought. Hugh will fairly quickly have sussed out which is the more vulnerable child and an easier prey. But something has triggered off jealousy in Chris jnr, he states in CBY that Gideon would have liked to see him dead - hope we get an explanation of that early in the book. Has Gideon shut out some of his memories of the past so completely and Dr Peterson will draw them out.

The way Chris jnr wants to take everything from Gideon could indicate at some point Gideon took something from Chris jnr that he will not forgive. I sincerely hope it is not Hugh pushing Gideon to do something to Chris during the so called therapy.

I don't think Cary is the father and a paternity test will prove that. Cary said he always used a condom. Condoms are not 100% foolproof, but it looks like Tat was sleeping with other guys too and she wasn't on birth control. I hope Trey will still be around when the test results come, or at least he'll give Cary a second shot once he knows he's not irrevocably tied to Tat for life. I can see Cary staying involved in the child's life as an uncle figure much like he is a brother figure to Eva. My theory is Tat does not know yet who the father is, but because Cary is on the list of guys she slept with, she picked him as a future meal ticket. Cary gets direct financial support from the wealthy Stantons and possibly will get more future support from the insanely rich Crosses. Plus he seems to be the only guy who tolerates her obnoxious behavior.

Lighthouse--thanks for the NYTimes info. And Goodreads. CBY is a wonderful book.

I said before that I don't think Tat is pregnant. She is just too selfish. If she is, she won't have it. She loves her body too much. I have no doubt she's promiscuous. She's a b****. Plain and simple.

The whole Vidal family situation is weird. Ireland is a sweetheart so Lizzie did a good job with her. Chris Jr. is so consumed with jealousy that it is an acid eating him away. Lizzie doesn't scare me anymore.

The 3 people who I think are the scariest are Anne, Deanna, and Graves. Different reasons. Anne is the scariest because she is a psychopathic mess. I wish I knew the story of Graves. There is one. If the case is shelved and G is safe, why does Sylvia keep Graves in the story? As for Deanna, I don't for 1 second think she is handled.