* * CAPTIVATED BY YOU ++ SPOILER ++ CHAT * *

Kirsten

in CBY page28-29 they only thing that Elizabeth said about Brett and Eva is that "she's involved with that singer Brett Kline" So I don't think that she knows about the video (the real one) not the "Golden" one. Won't Christopher be surprised when he goes to look at it again and finds out that it has "vanished"!!

as for Cary being with Anne more than once....hopefully he is not that dumb...he didn't even know the name of the redhead at the dinner when Eva was questioning him about who he was dancing with and then later after the closet....

if Cary didn't know the name of that red head at that gala at the end of EWY it means he doesn't recognized Anne.  or his research on Dr. Lucas wasn't extensive  .. he just said has a wife and children .. but there's not much to research if he doesn't know what he's looking for..  when anne was seen in Evas' apartment building she was also wearing her wig..

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lighthouse--thanks for the NYTimes info. And Goodreads. CBY is a wonderful book.

I said before that I don't think Tat is pregnant. She is just too selfish. If she is, she won't have it. She loves her body too much. I have no doubt she's promiscuous. She's a b****. Plain and simple.

The whole Vidal family situation is weird. Ireland is a sweetheart so Lizzie did a good job with her. Chris Jr. is so consumed with jealousy that it is an acid eating him away. Lizzie doesn't scare me anymore.

The 3 people who I think are the scariest are Anne, Deanna, and Graves. Different reasons. Anne is the scariest because she is a psychopathic mess. I wish I knew the story of Graves. There is one. If the case is shelved and G is safe, why does Sylvia keep Graves in the story? As for Deanna, I don't for 1 second think she is handled.

I agree with Anne as the scariest  because her motive is revenge  .. not on Deanna though she just had a bruised ego  after Gideon rejected her that one time  .. I think she is an opportunist  so she'll be on Gideon good side for her career development , when she told Gideon about Corinne book that was outside of her contract to cover the wedding.  about Graves, she has extensive  knowledge of Gideon specially the Crossroad foundation ( she recommended it to Eva when Eva asked about a project she can fund)  and in so many ways Graves has  implied her admiration for Gideon  .. 

I had forgot that Tat had gone to Prague just before Cary's attack.

As I've already said she's not a fan of birth control so what's gonna happen but pregnancy at some point !!!!!

Cary surly isn't the father the sooner he find it out the better for him and is well being allowing him to concentrate on himself and his relationship with Trey

did anyone read The Driven Trilogy  just to make an example  .. when one of Colton friend accused him of getting her pregnant  they made a  dna test to find  out it was his at that early stage of pregnancy . so is that possible ? 

I don't think Anne came in the building with Cary and I don't think she was visiting Cary.   I don't know where you read that Raul showed that she was with Cary any place other than the fund raiser.  I do think that Anne knows where Eva lives and she came in the building with a resident she knows to case the place.  Raul might tail Anne but Cary would never hurt Eva that way.

As far as Cary cutting himself he is reverting to old habits that he had controlled thanks to Dr. Travis. 

Raul identified and Confirmed that  Anne was the redhead Eva saw during the gala and the same red head that Eva saw  dancing with Cary and he disappeared with for a quickie. Raul said that Anne wasn't on the guest list but came with someone else as his plus one. 

Kirsten I thought the professional said they wiped all the copies they could find but there could be another one out there.   I'll have to check when I get home.

i think Brett, Sam and Gideon were the only one that has a hard copy. I dont think Chris Jr has . He must have a copy digitally which either sent by Yamara but i dont think he did because in EWY Gideon traveled to Chicago to asked for court order the moment Deanna told him about the sex tape and he hired IT expert to monitor  the leak of it. But Gideon doesn't know that Brett has it  otherwise he would be  monitored as well ,I assumed he sent copy to Chris Jr because since his involve he need to give authorization as well as Eva to use it, thats why Brett has to convince Eva  because Chris Jr was pressuring him. 

I get so excited over all these speculations, can hardly wait to see what's going to happen.... I'm hoping that OWY is twice as big as CBY, and that we will get answers to all (most of all) of our questions. I wish Sylvia could give us some teasers or hints for Christmas ;) that would have been great!!

I just want to make a general comment about Elizabeth. I feel like her admitting that Gideon was abused would be tantamount to admitting that she on some level failed him, and in her mind that would have made her a bad parent. It's much easier to think your troubled son is lying than to think that you've been blind to something of this magnitude going on in your child's life. Do I agree that it was her fault he was being abused...no. But like Eva stated the minute Elizabeth found out and didn't believe him she became just as guilty.

I agree with you Kirsten.   Sylvia said Elizabeth was at a point in her life that she couldn't take on anymore bad and, therefore, refused to accept it.  It was made easier to deny the truth by the fact that Dr. Terry said Gideon didn't show any signs of being abused.

I still wonder who the second doctor that examined Gideon was.   He was only mentioned that one time as far as I remember.

if Cary didn't know the name of that red head at that gala at the end of EWY it means he doesn't recognized Anne.  or his research on Dr. Lucas wasn't extensive  .. he just said has a wife and children .. but there's not much to research if he doesn't know what he's looking for..  when anne was seen in Evas' apartment building she was also wearing her wig..

I agree he didn't recognize her at first but I'm sure Cary and Eva had a discussion off page.  He knew she was upset and he would protect her.

I get so excited over all these speculations, can hardly wait to see what's going to happen.... I'm hoping that OWY is twice as big as CBY, and that we will get answers to all (most of all) of our questions. I wish Sylvia could give us some teasers or hints for Christmas ;) that would have been great!!

The discussion are fun.  I don't know how long OWY is going to be but my hope is the questions are answered in more than one paragraph.  It would be a shame to come this far and not get resolution.

Raul identified and Confirmed that  Anne was the redhead Eva saw during the gala and the same red head that Eva saw  dancing with Cary and he disappeared with for a quickie. Raul said that Anne wasn't on the guest list but came with someone else as his plus one. 

To add to this: As far as I can tell, nowhere does it say for sure Cary has seen a photo of Anne Lucas, has had her name mentioned to him. Certainly, he hasn't been warned she is a threat.

It was Eva on her own at her office the morning after the run-in with Terry Lucas at the fundraiser who Googled him. she guessed correctly there must have been a woman involved for the two men to hate each other so much. Eva was worried about brunettes (yah think!) and was relieved to find Terry was married and his wife has red hair. That's early in RIY. Later toward the end of RIY when Eva decided to go after Terry, she asked Cary to look him up as a pediatrician. Just Terry. There's barely any mention in that chapter of what Cary found about Terry and no mention of Anne. It was Gideon who told Eva in EWT that Anne is a shrink. Toward the end of CBY Gideon warned Eva about her, but I can't find any evidence anyone has warned Cary yet. 

The discussion are fun.  I don't know how long OWY is going to be but my hope is the questions are answered in more than one paragraph.  It would be a shame to come this far and not get resolution.

I hope the book will be released within the summer 2015. I don't know if Sylvia follows our discussion, but must be quite entertaining for her as well.

To add to this: As far as I can tell, nowhere does it say for sure Cary has seen a photo of Anne Lucas, has had her name mentioned to him. Certainly, he hasn't been warned she is a threat.

It was Eva on her own at her office the morning after the run-in with Terry Lucas at the fundraiser who Googled him. she guessed correctly there must have been a woman involved for the two men to hate each other so much. Eva was worried about brunettes (yah think!) and was relieved to find Terry was married and his wife has red hair. That's early in RIY. Later toward the end of RIY when Eva decided to go after Terry, she asked Cary to look him up as a pediatrician. Just Terry. There's barely any mention in that chapter of what Cary found about Terry and no mention of Anne. It was Gideon who told Eva in EWT that Anne is a shrink. Toward the end of CBY Gideon warned Eva about her, but I can't find any evidence anyone has warned Cary yet.

I don't know whether or not Cary has been warned, but he is aware that Dr. Lucas' wife is a shrink. In EWY Cary says, "Hey, remember how you asked me to do some digging on the Good Doctor Lucas? So far, I’ve come up with a whole lotta nada. He doesn’t seem to do much else besides work. No kids. Wife is a doctor, too. A shrink.â€

Do you remember all that, or have you been catching up on all four books?? I'm impressed, and appreciate your effort.

I hope the book will be released within the summer 2015. I don't know if Sylvia follows our discussion, but must be quite entertaining for her as well.

Hi Ann. Sylvia drops by from time to time to say hi answer questions and chat. The last time was at the end of October (I think) so she does follow along. As for a release date I'm hoping by May since OWY is already written, but only time will tell.

I just want to make a general comment about Elizabeth. I feel like her admitting that Gideon was abused would be tantamount to admitting that she on some level failed him, and in her mind that would have made her a bad parent. It's much easier to think your troubled son is lying than to think that you've been blind to something of this magnitude going on in your child's life. Do I agree that it was her fault he was being abused...no. But like Eva stated the minute Elizabeth found out and didn't believe him she became just as guilty.

I have often wondered why neither Elizabeth or Chris Sr, ever questioned why Gideon gave that speech at the advocacy dinner (the one where he went with Eva in BTY after Limo S ex ). And that he has that Crossroads foundation. Christopher was there so he should be aware of something.... maybe the whole family is in denial. Just glad that Ireland is OK

Do you remember all that, or have you been catching up on all four books?? I'm impressed, and appreciate your effort.

Chapter 7 EWY due to Cary's google searches of Dr. Lucas; Eva is now informed that Dr. Lucas' wife is a doctor too... A psychiatrist.

There is no mention made of her hair color by Cary or Eva at this point. It is in Chapter 18 of CBY that Gideon informs Eva that she has to be careful around Anne Lucas etc.

I agree with Anne as the scariest  because her motive is revenge  .. not on Deanna though she just had a bruised ego  after Gideon rejected her that one time  .. I think she is an opportunist  so she'll be on Gideon good side for her career development , when she told Gideon about Corinne book that was outside of her contract to cover the wedding.  about Graves, she has extensive  knowledge of Gideon specially the Crossroad foundation ( she recommended it to Eva when Eva asked about a project she can fund)  and in so many ways Graves has  implied her admiration for Gideon  ..

This is exactly what bothers me about Deanna. There was no reason for her to have to stop by Gideon's office to tell him about

Corinne's book deal. That news was going to break the next day anyway in the tabloids and at that point there was nothing he could do to prevent it...Deanna just wanted an excuse to see Gideon and her little comment about "enjoying" the view didn't go unnoticed. Im glad Gideon told her Eva would be there shortly and also his other subtle warnings were perfect. He is finally seeing the light as far as Deanna is concerned and realizes she still wants him. She too is on the short list for Krav Maga. I want her gone too. LoL

Lighthouse--thanks for the NYTimes info. And Goodreads. CBY is a wonderful book.

I said before that I don't think Tat is pregnant. She is just too selfish. If she is, she won't have it. She loves her body too much. I have no doubt she's promiscuous. She's a b****. Plain and simple.

The whole Vidal family situation is weird. Ireland is a sweetheart so Lizzie did a good job with her. Chris Jr. is so consumed with jealousy that it is an acid eating him away. Lizzie doesn't scare me anymore.

The 3 people who I think are the scariest are Anne, Deanna, and Graves. Different reasons. Anne is the scariest because she is a psychopathic mess. I wish I knew the story of Graves. There is one. If the case is shelved and G is safe, why does Sylvia keep Graves in the story? As for Deanna, I don't for 1 second think she is handled.

GLH totally agree with you about Deanna see my other post about her. :(. :(

I stick with my earlier theory that Graves is an abuse survivor and feels connected to Eva in this way...she doesnt know about Gideon's past but Im sure she has taken advantage of the programs from the Crossroads Foundation and feels she owes him a debt of gratitude like he saved her life so she saved his so to speak...

I have often wondered why neither Elizabeth or Chris Sr, ever questioned why Gideon gave that speech at the advocacy dinner (the one where he went with Eva in BTY after Limo S ex ). And that he has that Crossroads foundation. Christopher was there so he should be aware of something.... maybe the whole family is in denial. Just glad that Ireland is OK

I believe that you don't have to be a survivor of abuse to support or own a charity foundation?! Many people are commited to certain charities without being a victim or some kind of relatives. Isn't it normal for wealthy people to support different charities?

The thought could certainly have crossed Liz mind, but she is in denial, so I'm afraid there is not much hope. Chris Sr clearly didn't know until CBY. I don't know what to believe about Chris Jr... I love Ireland, she like a breath of fresh air.

I don't know whether or not Cary has been warned, but he is aware that Dr. Lucas' wife is a shrink. In EWY Cary says, "Hey, remember how you asked me to do some digging on the Good Doctor Lucas? So far, I’ve come up with a whole lotta nada. He doesn’t seem to do much else besides work. No kids. Wife is a doctor, too. A shrink.â€

Chapter 7 EWY due to Cary's google searches of Dr. Lucas; Eva is now informed that Dr. Lucas' wife is a doctor too... A psychiatrist.

There is no mention made of her hair color by Cary or Eva at this point. It is in Chapter 18 of CBY that Gideon informs Eva that she has to be careful around Anne Lucas etc.

I could have sworn it was Gideon who was the first one to say she was a shrink when he does so in the last chapter of EWY but I stand corrected. Thanks ladies. Makes it scarier that it was Cary who first mentioned it earlier in the book. The part where Eva starts checking up on the Lucases for the first time and sees the photo of the couple is in RIY chapter 2. It is in the last chapter of EWY when Anne starts trying to mess with her mind that something clicks and Eva thinks she might have recognized her. We can hope that at some point Cary has seen a picture, but I can't recall any specific mention.

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:01 AM

iheartsd, on 26 Apr 2014 - 9:21 PM, said:

Sylvia,

First I wanted to say thank you for the Crossfire Series, I think I have re-read them at least 6 times. Here is my question Eva runs into a red head at the advocacy center dinner in Bared to you, is this also Anne Lucas?

----------

No, Sylvia had stated way back when that the redhead in BTY at the advocacy dinner was not Anne. She didn't say who it was. If you have noticed there are a lot of mentions about redheads.... Gideon's receptionist, Anne Lucas, the redhead involved in the clusterf**k at the end of BTY, also the one that Cary hooks up with at the end of EWY

-------

-found this under 'Ask questions for Sylvia'